It’s Saturday, guys. I have things I want to do, but I’m aware that I am going to be much fresher on Monday.
I went off for a weekend with my sisters the weekend before Last, and I had a really great time. Today let’s look at planning a girls’ trip and what steps you need to take.
Our gathering was pretty simple. We met at my sister’s apartment and watched girl movies, did hair and makeup, and ate lots of good food. We’re pretty easy to please. And my sister and I drove a couple of hours to be where our other two sisters are. But what if the group you want to get together with is spread out across the country? What if they need more than movies and good food to entertain them? I’ve found an article about how seven women who knew each other in high school gather and take what they call a mystery trip each year. Let’s look at some of their advice.
- Their group has a different member of their group plant heir trip each year. Now the group does decide on the budget each woman will have to pay, and the dates that will work for everyone. Other than that, each woman decides everything about their weekend by herself.
- Get your dates on the calendar as soon as you can. Everyone is very busy these days. Make this time with your girls’ group a priority, and you will be glad that you did.
- It works best if you know the group and are comfortable with everyone. Inviting others tends to get awkward at one point or It will also just complicate the way the getaway works.
I think we are going to take a look at this more on Monday. I would love to know your thoughts.
It is good for families to have traditions. And one tradition families have is to go skiing each year as a family. And in this post, I’m not necessarily going to to be talking about parents and their children. I am going to be talking about grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins too.
We are going to be specifically talked about Club Med and their properties. And when it comes to large family groups, usually you are going to have some people that are not going to want to ski. With Club Med, that will be no problem. There will be plenty of other things they can do . All the properties are going to have spas, but that is going to be just the beginning.
See, Club Med has properties across the globe. Those who are Not interested in skiing will have the chance to meet and mingle with those in other parts of the world. Some people will enjoy the beautiful creation by just walking around. There will also be a wide variety of sports you can take part into in.
It is never too early to start planning and booking your trips. When you book early, you are more likely to get exactly what you are looking for. Please let me know if you are interested in boing a trip through me.
I have a lot that I would like to get done today. After looking around for a while and not finding anything real interesting, I’ve found a website that could lead me to several writing jobs that would be awesome. I want to find assignments that will not only pay but will also give me a byline. I have worked for “content mills” before, don’t like them, don’t want to go back to that kind o thing. Anyway, I am going to get started on that once I get to my other things.
The safest, easiest thing to do is to book your trips as early as you can, so that you can get exactly what you want. [And I’ll admit, booking a trip early is what I’d like to do. It’s just less stressful that way.] But sometimes you can get great deals at the last minute too. So now that you know that there is such a thing as a last minute cruise deal, let’s look at some ways to find them.
- Okay, the first thing you should know that when we talk about last minute deals we’re talking about sometime between three months to several days before. It’s usually best to book closer to the three month period. Why? Because most cruiselines are finalizing their plans, getting those last payments and things like that. Sometimes people will cancel their plans for cruises for whatever reason.
- It is pretty unlikely that you are going to get the more popular cruises. The cruiselines are discounting their prices trying to get more cabins filled. It’s unlikely that you are going to get specials on holiday cruises. But it never hurts to look.
- You will want to look at these last minute deals when you’re just looking for a nice getaway and don’t have anything particular in mind. This might be a great way to get some time with your spouse or a few close friends. Cruises are fantastic places to relax, eat good food and be pampered.
A lot of history has been made here, as well as some great art and culture. A lot of parents would love to take their older children to this land, but how do you do that without breaking the bank? Let’s look at some tips that might help.
- Where you stay is always going to be one of your biggest expenses. And in Europe, hotels are pretty strict about having no more than two people in a room. It’s best to look into airbnb in the different cities you’ll be staying. A lot of people in Europe rent out a room, giving you the chance not only to save money, but giving you a glimpse of how families work together over there.
- Food is another big expense. Again, staying with families might take care of least a part of that. You’re like going to be able to eat with your hosts for breakfasts, and maybe even even dinner as well. But Europe also has a lot of bakeries and delis you can buy great food at.
- Europe is a great place to ride trains, and it’s also pretty inexpensive. Here trains run on time. It’s a great way to see the countryside
- Especially when you have children, you do not want to fill your days to the brim. Pick one big thing you are going to do each day , and then go with the flow.
- Europe is going to have a lot of free and inexpensive events. Take advantage of that.
I would love to know your thoughts.
I have to confess that the first thing I think of when I think of trains is Downton Abbey, that very opening scene where hero John bates steps off the train. That show was set between around 1914 to sometime in the 1920’s. Trains were a huge part of transportation at that time. Now trains are more of a relic of the past than a convenient means of transportation these days.. Or so we think.
Airports these days are going to take up a lot of your time. You have to get there in plenty of time to get through security. And then there are delays in flights. Trains, especially in Europe, tend to run like clockwork. [that was, in part, due to Herr Hilter. That might be the only good thing that he did.] But anyway..
Trains are also known for being more flexible. They run specific routes, and if you miss your scheduled train, without too much extra stress or expense.. And when it comes to traveling with children, trains may be a better way to keep them entertained. Let’s look at some reasons why.
- I know you can see some from an airplane, especially if you’re flying during the day. But trains are right on the ground where you can see everything.
- Another benefit of riding on a train is that you can get up and walk around. You are free to explore. You can meet the conductor and ask him your questions.
- You are also freer to either pack your own food or to go into the dining cart.
- Trains have some tables that will allow you to play games as a family. And this is a great way to pass the time.
Please let me know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
There are several things I’d really like to look into for the business. I’ve submitted my first article that is for pay, and it is going to be up to four weeks until I hear back. I am planning on doing some more research on this group and hopefully figure out more of what they want in their articles. I’m also talking to someone about a trip. Do you know something? I actually love doing research on these trips, figuring out everything my clients might need to know. I would love to be doing more of this soon. Let me go on and do this so that I can get to some other things.
Let’s keep looking at some tips you might be able to use if you were to go to Disney over Thanksgiving break.
- Let’s face it. Big crowds and small children usually make for nervous parents. Try having everyone dress in the same colors each day that you are at Disney. My family also implemented a buddy system, where younger children got matched with an older child, and they had to stay together while we were out. Count your group before and after each thing that you do to make sure that everyone is together.
- You are going to get stuck in long lines. Just get used to that fact. These are actually great times to have conversations with your children and\or your spouse. Enjoy your time as a family rather than getting frustrated that it’s taking a while to get on the ride or whatever.
Okay, you can go to Disney and have this great time, but what about the traditional Thanksgiving feast? Disney is going to have several restaurants at each park that will serve Thanksgiving dinner the way we know it. You will want to make your reservations with the restaurant of your choice well in advance.
I would love to know that reading this has put you in the mood to go to Disney. Please let me know if I can help you book a trip.
I have had several things going on today. I was out of the house most the morning between a bible study group and a doctor’s visit. [The trip to the doctor was something I had to do because of the communication device problems.] I’ve also been trying to drum up some business this afternoon. Hopefully something is going to come of that
Anyway, as I was talking to one of my potential clients, I started wondering what Thanksgiving is like at Disney World. I know that summers are horrendous because nearly everyone is out of school. Christmas is another very crowded time at Disney for much the same reason. But Thanksgiving? I didn’t know, so I decided to look that up.
Thanksgiving is not as bad as Christmas usually is. And you should also know that by Thanksgiving time, Disney is already decked out for Christmas. You aren’t going to find much to get you into the Thanksgiving spirit. Let’s look at some tips that might help you if you do decide to go to Disney for Thanksgiving.
- There are park calendars that will help you find out which parks are the busiest on which days. Disney has something called Park Hop Passes, but it is recommended that you do only one park each day during this busy season.
- It is always in your best interests to arrive early at the parks. During by times like this, arriving early becomes imperative. Disney has “Magic Hours” for those that stay at their resorts. Arriving early allows you to get much farther into the parks without the crowds.
- Know what your priorities are before you enter the park. Are you wanting to ride as many rides as possible? Are you there to get autographs of the characters? Do you want to watch the parades and the other shows? Have a plan and stick to it.
- You’ll even want something of a plan when it comes to eating. Consider having an early breakfast and either an early lunch or a late lunch to avoid the crowds. Know which restaurants you’d like to try during your visit. Do you want to take advantage of the character dining? You’ll want to plan that well in advance of your trip.
We are going to come back to this tomorrow.. I would love to help you book a trip to Disney. Please let me know if you are interested.
It is Saturday, but there are still several things I want to get done today. We’ll see how much energy I end up having.
From what I hear, Cozumel is still pretty much untainted by “tourist traps”, even though it is becoming a pretty popular destination. This sounds like the perfect place for a family to enjoy a fun in the sun vacation.
Just because it is a quieter place does not mean that there is nothing to do there. This is on the ocean, so you are going to have a beautiful beach to enjoy. There will also be a lot of water sports to enjoy for your family. You can snorkel or scuba dive. You can also swim with the dolphins.
One of the best places to stay in Cozumel is Sunscape Resorts. When you stay there, if you were to get tired of the water activities, you could take advantage of their full-service spa. You will be able to enjoy live music. They do have a kids’ club for your children to get to know other people their age. They also have a teens club if you have older children.
You will be be able to choose from a variety of nice places to eat. And of course, this is an all-inclusive resort, so most everything should already be covered. Don’t worry about how much everything will cost once you get there.
Please let me know if you’re interested in a vacation like this. I would be more than happy to help you plan it.
Tuesday is the morning I meet with friends to have a bible study. I’m just getting a later start for today, and then had trouble figuring out what to write about.
In-laws… Even if we don’t have them because we aren’t married yet, we have siblings who are married or friends who are married.. I know sometimes in-laws get along great, others it’s best to keep them separated as much as possible. But like it or not, you are going to have to travel with them at some point. And traveling together can be difficult even when you love each other. Here are some tips that might help help everything go as smoothly as possible.
- You will want to figure out how they usually travel. Do they like doing things on the cheap, are they people who live for luxury, or are they somewhere in the middle?
- If you haven’t spent a lot of time with them yet, you might want to quiz your other half on quirks, forbidden subjects and things like that. You want to avoid stepping on toes if you can.
- And that works both ways. Try to get your spouse to tell his parents about you too? Are there things they need to know? You might be a morning person, but tend to enjoy being by yourself first thing. You may be uncomfortable when people stat telling certain kinds of jokes. Or maybe they aren’t really into anything green, but that is your passion.
- You will want to have some discussions about what this trip is going to be like before you are actually on the road together. Have a rough idea of your itinerary for the trip. Having plans already in place tends to lessen stress and hard feelings.
- And please discuss who will be paying for what on the trip. They may not want to pay for everything. Or they may feel bad if you don’t let them treat you. Again, your spouse may have insight into what the parents are really thinking or feeling.
- It is probably best not to spend the whole time together. Give yourself time to enjoy as a couple. You may also want to consider having the girls go shopping while the guys play golf or something like that.
Those are some of my thoughts. I would love to hear your own ideas, or any funny stories you might have.
I’ve done something this morning that I’ve known some time needed to be done. I’ve redone my profile on this. Hopefully this explains how we can work together. I would love to know your thoughts about this. And planning this is usually the job of the Maid of Honor to make that clear.
- The first thing that you will want to do is to talk to the bride, and find out what she wants this getaway to be like. Yes, this is for everyone, but it is her special time. She’s been trying to balance work, planning her wedding, and everything else she needs to do. Having a vacation with the people she considers her closest friends will hopefully relax her before her big day. She is going to have contact information for everyone she wants to have at this gathering.
- Find out how much of the actual planning she wants to do. Some brides know exactly what they want and want to make sure everything is exactly how they want it. Others need someone else to handle all of the details.
- Decide on the dates that will work best for everyone. If everyone is relatively close by, you might want to do this pretty close to to the time of the actual wedding. If people are spread out farther, you might want to have it farther out so that everyone is not worn out from traveling right before the wedding.
- Planning these events can take some time. Decide if you want to do all of the work yourself, or if you want some help doing this. You can get other friends to help put everything together. Or you can have your friendly travel agent help you.
I think I am going to get back into this on Monday. I would love to know any thoughts or questions you might have about any of this.