Tomorrow is the fourth of July. Are you going to be celebrating with friends or family, maybe enjoying a cookout? Is a family vacation in your future? Today we are going to look once again at an extremely popular type of family vacation, a multi generational trip.
- I would love the first thing that you do to be to talk to me about your trip. I would love to help you figure out all the details of a trip like this. Say you are from a family of four, everyone is now married and has three kids. If you bring your parents, you are going to have a group of twenty-two people, and that is a lot to figure out. And I know I say this a lot, but I book the different elements of the trip. I do not charge you anything to work with me.
- One of the first things you will need to figure out is is is how much you want to spend on this trip. Sometimes grandparents decide that having everyone together is worth them footing the bill for everyone. But most the time, each family unit pays their own way. You need to discuss how much each family can spend.
- What kind of trip is your family wanting to take. Would you like to just rent a condo somewhere, either at beach or in the mountains somewhere. Do you want to do the cooking and cleaning for your time together? Or would you rather go somewhere where all those mundane tasks are taken care of? There are resorts and cruises out there which will allow your entire family to do absolutely nothing on your trip. And you can find these type vacations at very reasonable prices.
Please let me know if you are interested in anything like this. I would love to help.
Are you someone that spends days on end packing and preparing for a vacation? Or are you the one who throws everything in the suitcase at the very last minute? Either way, here are some tips that might help.
- Unless you are going to deepest, darkest Africa there are going to be shops where you are going. You don’t need to worry if you do forget something. Some people like to pack lightly and buy clothes from the place they are visiting to diversify their wardrobe.
- However, you might not want to forget paper clips and duct tape. And you’re probably asking why you might need those two things? Bring these things in case you have a luggage emergency. Paper clips are going to help you finagle those annoying zippers that can break at the most inconvenient times.
- Do you know that now such a thing as a sunscreen stick? Travelers will find this less worrisome than the liquids that can leak everything. And you can just throw it in your backpack or whatever you’re carrying on your adventures.
- Plastic bags are excellent things to have, especially if you plan to be in and out of the water on your vacation. Put your wet things in a bag so that they won’t get everything else wet. And be sure to pack more than you think you’ll need.
- Airlines go back and forth on how much food you are going to get while you’re in the air. Thankfully, they do not give you a hard time about bringing snacks in your carry on. And you will also want a water bottle that you will want fill up after you have gone through security and everything.
- It is almost July, I can hardly believe it. We’re getting ready for some family fun. I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I am looking forward to some time with family and friends. A lot of us will be taking a vacation at some point. So the question some of us are asking is how should we get ready for vacation so we don’t come home to a bunch of stress. Let’s look at some tips that might help.
- First, make sure you have everything ready for while you are gone. Do you have pets? Will they be taken care of while you are away? Are you going to be having a friend looking in on your house while you are gone? If that is not part of your plan, you might want to stop your mail.
- Consider giving your house a good cleaning before your leave. It is awful coming home and finding a house you need to give immediate attention to. Better idea. Have someone clean house while you’re away.
- Let your bank and credit card people know where you are going and how long you will be gone. Some credit card companies become difficult when you’re spending money in places you don’t normally frequent.
- Do some research on the things you will want to do on your trip before you leave. The internet is going to be a great resource. You might also want to check out the guidebook for your destination.
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
Let’s get back to our discussion on how to plan your first cruise. One of the most important decisions that you will need to make is which cruiseline that you want to go on. There are a lot of choices that are available. Today we are going to look at your family friendly cruiselines.
- We are going to start with Royal Caribbean. This is a fantastic cruiseline for families because their ships are packed with activities your whole family will love. Have your children been begging to go ice skating? Your family will also have the chance to try out the surf simulator. They have Broadway like productions you can enjoy in the evening. Royal Caribbean is always winning Readers’ Choice Awards. And they are going to go most everywhere a family might be interested in exploring together.
- Ever heard of Carnival Cruise Line? Most everyone has. Carnival has taken more cruisers across the seas than any cruise company. They’re trying to appeal to a wide variety of cruisers. Families, couples, groups, and honeymooners are a few of the segments they are trying to reach. Their ships are huge, and on these ships you are going to be one of several thousands of passengers. You are going to find plenty of cool restaurants you and your family can enjoy together. You will find a lot of activities you can enjoy on these ships as well.
- Disney does cruises too, and from what I hear they never have to use sales to make sure that their ships are full. I do need to say that Disney is more expensive than the above two, but you are not going to find a more family friendly cruise. Characters will greet you as you come on board. There is usually a dance party the first night you are on the ship. And of course, this is just the beginning. You will find food that will please every type of palate. And no one will be lacking when it comes to adventures.
- Norwegian Cruise Line is known for being innovative. Their claim to fame is “Freestyle Cruising”. With them, you do just as you please. You choose when you want to eat and with whom. You decide which shore excursions you want to be part of, if you want to be part of any. Your children can be part of their Splash Academy or not. It is all up to you what you want your vacation to look like.
“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”– that should be my manra. And before you think this is what I say and not what I do, I am going to be taking some time off in July. I’m not sure exactly how much, I’m sure it will be at least a week while I’m hanging out with my family. I’ll need to see how everything else goes… But anyway, summer is made for slowing down, relaxing with family and friends, and of course, it’s also a time for vacations. If you are looking for your next vacation spot, I have some suggestion for you.
- Punta Cana is a place most people go just to relax and have fun. This is definitely a fun in the sun destination, and is a great place to go whether you want to take your whole family or are looking for a romantic getaway. They have many resorts you can choose from.
- Do you want to explore Incan history? Consider going to Cusco, Peru. History buffs are going to love this place. The city will have history museums you can enjoy. It also has some fascinating architecture.
- Are you just looking for an absolutely beautiful beach to visit? You might want to try Djerba, Tunisia which is located in the Mediterranean. I haven’t been to Tunisia, but I do know that the Mediterranean is gorgeous. And I suspect you will also find some fantastic food in this area.
- The Riveria Maya is a beautiful place for vacation whether you’re looking for a group vacation, a family trip, or a vacation for just you and the one you love. They have a lot to offer families looking for adventure. You are going to be able to find a resort that will suit your needs perfectly. And you will also going to find some great night life here.
One of the things a lot of families dream of doing this summer is visiting Disney World. Though I have to say that going to Disney during the summer months is usually something you’ll want to avoid if you can. Summer is by far the busiest time for Disney World because everyone is out of school. If you do decide to go during the summer, I would say that you almost have to stay in one of Disney’s resorts. For one thing, staying at the parks is the only way you can GUARANTEE that you will have a way to get into their parks. Staying in their resorts is also going to get you discounts at Disney Springs, advance reservations into all their restaurants on property, advanced tee times at their golf clubs. And of course, there are also the Magic Hours available at select Disney parks. Today let’s look at some of what the different resorts have to offer.
- It sounds like their newest renovated hotel is simply named the B Resort and Spa. Because of it being recently renovated, it is decorated pretty nicely. You are going to also find several different culinary options, and there is a spa you can relax in.
- Do you want to see the fireworks each night, but maybe not from right up close? You might want to try Best Western Lake Buena Vista. This hotel has eighteen floors. Enjoy the display from the comfort of your room. Each room they have looks out over Disney Springs There are two restaurants and a heated swimming pool.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton is Disney’s suite-only hotel. They offer one and two bedroom suites where families can spread out and relax when they aren’t at the parks. Each suite is going to have a living room and dining area. Hilton Orlando Buena Vistaa Palace will have all kinds of dining options, including a character dining experience. They have two pools and a floating lagoon.
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is for you if you and your kids love the water. You will find two heated pools, a Jacuzzi, and a kiddie pool. All of these make great places to relax after long days at the parks. Here you will have seven restaurants to choose from.
- Holiday Inn Orlando is very family friendly. That kind of seems silly to say because we’re talking about Disney. But this hotel does have kids-eat-free which a lot of families will appreciate. And it sounds like you can access their wifi from pretty much anywhere in the hotel. You will also be able to enjoy some pool time here. And finally,
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista has several different dining options. You are going to find a pool bar and grill, a twenty-four hour cafe, a full service restaurant, and room service. You will love their water park.
Everyone has bad days. And sadly, bad stuff can happen even when you are on vacation. But today let’s look at some ways you can do to make sure you have as little to worry about on vacation as possible..
- First, if you’re even thinking that you might want to go somewhere out of the country, you will want to make sure you have at least a year before your passport expires.. The people checking your passports don’t want to see anything less than six months between your travel and your passport’s expiration.
- You’re impressed with your smartphone’s camera. That’s great. The problem with taking your phone instead of your camera is that you might not have enough memory on your phone to keep all your pictures. Are you going to have internet so you can put things in your cloud?
- When you want to take your electronic devices, be sure to take their chargers with you. If you are going out of the country, you will also want to take a converter also. Look up the country you are visiting and figure out what you will need. You will also want to take some extra batteries.
- You always want to make a plan for how you are going to pay for your vacation. Putting everything on your credit card and deciding not to pay it off could cost you for years to come. It is best if you pay for your vacation before you leave.
- If you are going on a big vacation, you might want to consider getting travel insurance. Sure, insurance that is any good is going to cost you a pretty penny, but you will have peace of mind if any emergencies come up.
You may have heard different friends talking about going on cruises, but having never been on a cruise, you’re wondering why people go on a cruise, and whether you should join in on the fun. Let’s look at some reasons why people go on a cruise.
- A lot of people go on cruises because there is always a party going on. Cruise ships are going to have all kinds of bars and clubs.
- People also love the fact that you don’t have to do any housekeeping while you’re on board. Maids come and clean your room while you’re out and about.
- Cruises are known to have an abundance of food. Most ships are going to have at least one buffet place. There are going to be ways you can get food 24/7.
- This is a great way to take a family vacation. Ships usually have lots of activities for families to enjoy together. Of course, they will also have kids’ clubs for when you want to enjoy some adult time. Your family can decide on the right balance for each trip.
- Cruises are getting better and better about having reliable internet. But some people look at cruises as the perfect chance to unplug and just enjoy your family.
- Cruises are moving away from having the gambling. I know that Disney never has casinos on their ships. But some people love to go to take their chances on the games.
- Cruises have all kinds of themes. Do you want to learn more about a certain area’s history? You can find a cruise that will help you do that. Do you want to improve your culinary skills? There are cruises that will help you with that as well.
Are you interested in taking a cruise? I would love to help you figure out the right cruise for you. Please let me know if you are interested.
Money is the way we do what we do. We do our jobs to get the money we need to pay for the place we live, the food we eat, take care of our vehicles, and I could go on and on. The point is that most everyone wants to save money in any way we can. Okay, let’s look at some more ways we can save while we are traveling.
- It is important to know that some credit cards are going to charge fees when you charge things outside of this country. Do your research and find a credit card that will not charge you extra when you travel.
- Do you want to do your money exchange once you get to your destination? Don’t do it at the airport. They will charge you more an there. The money exchangers in the town are going to be the best bet.
- Traveling and paying for your expenses on your regular debit or credit card isgoing to cost you. Using a travel credit card will allow you earn points which you can put towards hotel stays or airline miles. It is always a good idea to pay your balance at the end of each month.
- Most cell phone services will not allow you to use your phones while traveling internationally without charging hefty fees. Put away your phones and enjoy your trip.
- Airport food is always going to be higher than normal food. You will be better off picking some food up on the way to the airport. And pack snacks in your carry on. You will be glad that you did.
- When you rent a car, you agree to bring it back with the same level of gas in it as when you picked the car up. Not remembering to do that is going to cost you a good bit.
- Some hotels will look the other way when you bring a larger family into a hotel room. Others will charge an additional occupant fee, and still others will make you get an extra room.. Call to figure out which hotels do what.
Summer is not only a great time to go on vacation, it’s also a great time to go on a great honeymoon. Maybe you’ve spent months or maybe longer than that planning your wedding. Maybe you and your guy have just decided to get married and want to marry and go on your special trip soon. Or maybe you have gotten married but haven’t gone on your honeymoon yet. Whichever is the case, I would love to be the one to help you plan your trip. Please let me know if you are interested. Today let’s look at some of the things you’ll need to think through when planning a vacation like this.
- I know that sometimes a groom wants to surprise his bride with their honeymoon. But this is one trip some people spend most of their lives dreaming about. Please discuss your hopes for this so you can meld your expectations.
- Your honeymoon is a special trip, probably the first big trip you’ve taken as husband and wife. It is usually wise to start planning this trip months in advance so that you will get exactly what you want. This is also the way to get the best price. And please be specific about what you want. Don’t just say you want a beach trip when what you really want is a trip to Cancun.
- Another thing that you will want to be sure to figure out is your honeymoon. You do not want to be fighting about money on your trip. If money is tight, consider asking for help. Maybe you can ask for money instead of gifts.
- Newly married couples tend to hang out together, so the chance are that you have heard about your friends’ trips. And while it may be tempting to copy your friends’ glorious times, make sure that this trip is about you and your new spouse, and the things you like to do together. You don’t want to do something just because everyone else is doing it.
- And it might be best not to book an important trip like this by yourself. Yes, you are going to want to do some of your own research. But sometimes people can paint a beautiful picture online, but the reality isn’t so pretty. Please ask me to help you. I get commission when I book a trip for you. I can ask ask questions, both of you and your hubby, and of the places you’re considering to make sure everything is going to be right. I am going to be asking about your dreams and your budget, as well as a lot of things in between. I would love to help you plan something.