We have talked about this before, but a lot of times the cheaper cruises are going to charge you every time you turn around. And the luxury cruises are going to be much more all inclusive in nature. And this is true across the board, so much so that you may find that you will end up spending about the same on each type of cruise.
But not all cruises are the same, and this is even true of luxury cruises. but then again, not all travelers are the same either. Some people want to do little on a vacation besides curl up with a good book. Others want to get out and buy all of these crazy adventures. Still others feel like the most important part of any vacation is the food, and maybe some cultural experiences on the side.
Personal service is the hallmark of any luxury voyage. The crew was any of these ships is trained to exceed your expectations and anticipate your every need. On larger ships, things seem pretty formal. You will have a butler that will see to your needs, whether you’d like breakfast in bed each morning, or you like a certain drink right before bed each night. And on smaller ships, each member of crew is going to remember your likes and dislikes..
So you decide on the things that are most important to you. Do you like the idea of having plenty of space? The cabins on these ships often include big balconies and nice bathrooms with large tubs. Riverboats are not going to be able to to offer you as much space is, but you will still receive a high level of service.
River cruising is growing more and more popular. And why not? Yes, most river cruises are luxury, and you’ll pay a pretty penny for them. But a lot of these cruises are in Europe, and you are likely going to pay pretty much to see Europe anyway. And river cruises do give you a lot of luxury. And once you pay to get on, you usually don’t have to worry about money again, because everything is already paid for. Let’s look some more at what these cruises are like. First, let’s look at some of the basics about river cruising.
- You are not going to get many sea days like you would on an ocean cruise. They usually have excursions you can be part of each day. Everything is going to be completely optional, of course. But there is not a lot you can do on these ships. And often, even your shore excursions are already paid for.
- Sometimes you will be able to choose between walking tours and motorcoach tours. You will be exploring places like castles and vineyards and food tastings. Sometimes you will pay a little more for things like evening concerts and cooking classes, or even art classes.
- You are usually going to get to explore three countries in a week’s time, with some lines starting to offer longer itineraries. Almost always you will be are starting in some fantastic city you are going to have some exceptions with the Christmas markets and the New Year, these generally run between April and October.
Sometimes you go through a storm, and all you want to do once the storm is over and everything you need to do to clean up is done is relax and have some fun with the one you love?. Let’s look at some more romantic cruises you might want to take when all of this is over.
- The first one we are going to look at today is Crystal Yacht Cruises. Their best ship is Crystal Espirit. On this ship, you will truly be sitting in the lap of luxury. You will be spending your days lounging by beautiful pools, sipping on your favorite beverages. Do you want something a little more exciting? They have jetskis you can ride. In the evenings, you will be able to enjoy movies under the stars, or get social in a living room atmosphere. Okay, so they just have one restaurant, but you will be able to find a quiet table for two here for sure. You can also order room service if you would like more privacy.
- And on Azamara, the people writing this article like the Azamara Quest, Azamara Journey and Azamara Pursuit. These three ships are almost identical. You are going to have blasts when it comes to date nights, which since you will be on a romantic cruise will be every night, right? And most of the time, you will have no need of children ruining your good times, because these ships are mostly for adults. You may want to take up ballroom dancing while you are on these ships. They do have more than one restaurant you can choose from on these ships.
Let’s face it, many of us are pretty stressed. We’ve been told to stay home unless we need to go get groceries or something like that. We’re just staying home with our families, probably missing hanging out with our friends, while our husbands and children are probably doing the same. So with everyone tired and stressed and missing normal daily life, we are likely going to have more arguments and hurt feelings and things like that. Once things get face to normal, planning a romantic cruise might be in your best interests. Let’s look at some more you might want to consider when you do take that cruise.
- The first one we are going to look at today is Norwegian Cruise Line. And the ships this article I’m reading recommends are Norwegian Joy, Norwegian Bliss, and Norwegian Norwegian Encore. Norwegian feels like each of their guests should be able to do whatever they like whenever they feel like it. So you are free to eat whenever you want wherever you want with whomever you want. A lot of their restaurants are going to have plenty of tables for two to allow you and your husband to have quiet, romantic meals together. The ships have a lot of choices when it it comes to your entertainment. They have Go Karts you can ride in, all kinds of sports you can play, and you will be be able to enjoy Broadway shows, or there are also clubs where you can dance the night away in. But really, it is up to you what you do or do not do.
- Are you looking for a bit of luxury? You might want to try the SeaDream Yacht Club. For that romantic cruise, you are going to want either Seadream I or SeaDream II. They take on no more than 112 guests on each cruise that they do. You will be enjoying a superior level of service, and you will also be enjoying a higher quality of food. Dining is all “as you wish”, though this article doesn’t explain what that is exactly.
I talk a I talk a lot about how wonderful cruising is for families on this blog, and while everything I say about how wonderful cruises are for families, sometimes you just need to get away from everything and everyone and reconnect as a couple. And cruises are great for that as well. Today we are going to look at some cruise ships that would be great for a romantic getaway.
- And we are going to start by looking at Princess Cruises. Some of their best ships for romance are Crown Princess, Emerald Princess, and Ruby Princess. These are the youngest of Princess’s fleet, and they combine big ship options with small ship coziness. They are going to have movies under the stars which you can enjoy together. You can also enjoy private top patio lounges. And you are welcome to enjoy room service in your suite or on your balcony.
- Next we are going to look at Paul Gauguin, and their ship that is most highly recommended for romance is the ship that is named after their company. This ship cruises around the South Pacific all year long. This is a small ship with no more than four hundred guests a time, which means that you will not be surrounded by crowds all of the time and should expect a high level of service. You will mostly eat in nice restaurants, but room service is also available.
- Windstar has some great options for couples as well. Their best ship for romance is Wind Surf. Here you are sure to catch some breathtaking views. You will be able to enjoy candlelit dinners by the pool. The cuisine at this restaurant is French. They also have a lot of quiet places where you can relax.
I hope you had a good weekend celebrating the resurrection of our Lord. Even though it looked quite different than a normal Easter, my family and I did have a good day.
- I had to laugh when I saw the first destination for today. Those of you who watch “Veggie ales” will surely remember the “Pirates who don’t do anything”. They’ve never been to Boston in the fall, but you should. You will probably enjoy the chilly air as you walking from place to place. There is a lot of great history to be taken in here. And most people will also love their coffee shops.
- Do you like surprises? Who doesn’t? You might want to visit Sedonia, Arizona. This place has a surprising moderate climate. It is a great area a to hike and explore.
- Are you looking for a little luxury? Do you also want to see Grand Tetons? Consider going to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. This is absolutely beautiful country. And you will find a lot of nice restaurants.
I think most everyone of going to Europe at least once in their lives. I have been to cypress a couple of times, and it is absolutely beautiful. Today we are going to talk about why you should go in the fall.
- Everyone and their brother goes to Europe in the summer. So not only is it hot over there, you are going to be fighting crowds everywhere you go. And all of the wait staff in the hotels and at the restaurants are going to be super busy And besides, summers is when the people over there want to take their vacations as well. In fall, you will have a much quieter, more relaxed visit. You may even find yourself paying less in the fall.
- Europe also has a lot of fall festivals that you might enjoy. Germany does beer festivals in October. There is also a great street party in Barcelona each September.
I’m guessing that most everyone is doing just a little daydreaming of what they would like to do once all of this over and done with. Hopefully a vacation is somewhere of your dream list. Today we are going to look some more at luxury cruises.
- Crystal Cruises has a ship called Crystal Serenity. One thing they like doing is to have speakers guest speakers, think astronauts and big wigs in the military. The ship will also have a lot of golf tournaments, and many golf pros come to give tips and advice. Ladies can enjoy afternoon tea while listening to a stringed quartet, you can out how to get your husband to take you ballroom dancing.
- you may also want to check out Viking Cruises?. I know them to be very all inclusive. You will not have to worry about anything. I’m not sure if this is all of the time, but some of the time at least they even cover your air. All of your food will be covered, you will get your choice of beer or wine with lunch and d. Your excursions also cost nothing extra.
Let’s continue it is always at the top of the ship, go figure. You will be comfortable on their couches cussions about luxury on large ships.
- On Holland America you have to book either a Neptune or Pinnacle Suites to get into their Neptune Lounge. What do you get for being part of that? For starters, you will be getting continental breakfast in the lounge as was light snacks and drinks throughout the day. You can also order a full breakfast to be brought to your suite, and you could also ask for high tea to be brought. Your coincierge will help you make your restaurant reservations as well as figure out your shore excursions, as well as getting your spa appointments set up.
- MSC’s Top Sail Lounge is for those who book their Yacht Club cabins. Drinks, snacks and desserts are always available in this lounge. You will also have a restaurant with full meals available to you at no additional charge. The lounge is beautiful because it is always at the top of the ship, go figure. You will be comfortable on their couches
Are you dreaming of free cocktails, spa reservations, and quiet, spacious accommodations where you only to mingle with those of the same class? You might think that I’m about to talk about river cruises, but I’m not. Large ships are starting to have exclusive clubs where those willing to pay are going to receive to special care and services. Today let’s look at some of what cruiselines have to offer.
- We are going to start with Celebrity. They call their cl, “Michel Club”, and anyone who books one of their nicer suites can be part of it. Okay, so what do you get when you are part of this club? You will get free continental breakfast in the special lounge, and drinks and appetizers will be served each evening. A coincierge will be on hand to help make any special arrangements you might need.
- Disney just calls their lounge “Coincierge Lounge”. And it is for those who book a suite or coincierge cabins. You will have your a lounge with snacks and drinks, and looks like this lounge is open pretty much all of the time. You will also have internet access in the lounge. You will also be able to take advantage of coincierge services.