I have shared some things I like about this time of year. I would love to hear about some of your favorite traditions of the Christmas season.
- Have you ever dreamed of spending the Christmas holidays in the Swiss Alps? Baur Au Lac Hotel was established near a beautiful lake in the 1800’s. They will have one of the tallest Christmas trees in their area. Stay at this hotel and you will get a taste of Swiss holiday favorites. And you will also get taste of some of their music.
- Has the climbing bug got into you? You might want to go to Tanzania. There are places that will serve you roasted turkey and other delicious treats. And you can also do as much climbing as you want.
- Or are you looking for something that is luxurious? If that sounds more like you, you might want to try Hotel Bel-Air which is in Loos Angeles. Pastry chef Tiffany Pascua will be more than happy to give your entire family cooking lessons. You will also be able to enjoy a four course dinner?
- Has Paris always been on your bucket list? Consider going to Le Royal Monceau where you will be able to revel in all kinds of festivities. They will have igloos that will comfortably house six guests where you will enjoy a tasting experience. You will be eating appetizers and drinking wine.
- Have you wondering what an Irish Christmas would be like? You might want to go to The Merrion, which is a hotel in Dublin. There will be afternoon tea which will feature several delicacies. There will be tasting menus on Christmas and New Year’s where you can sample Irish fare. Father Christmas will make an appearance on Christmas Eve, followed by an evening of caroling.
When you think of a cruise, what do you think about? Do you think of a great inexpensive trip where you can get to see more expensive places for less? Do you think of a ship where you are with thousands of other people? Do you think of a place where you can get all you want to eat? Are you dreaming of the endless activities? Or is a cruise your ideal when it comes to a romantic vacation?
Cruises will do special things for couples who are on their honeymoons, or are on other romantic vacations. Today let’s look at some different packages you might want to consider.
- When you think of romance, you are probably thinking of quiet, intimate moments, which you would rather not share with thousands of strangers. That’s why you should consider something like Windstar. I think with Windstar, you’re looking at something like 300 guests. When you marry, or renew your vows, your captain will officiate. You will get a cake and a bottle of sparkling wine. A reception with dinner and dancing can be arranged.
- Cunard’s ships are going to be much larger. Still, I think you can find some very nice suites on board these ships. Their romance package looks very similar to Winstar’s. Your captain will do the honors. You will get flowers and a bottle of champagne and cake. You will also get a photographer and a portrait. You will also get a special certificate.
- Have you always dreamed of getting married on a Disney Cruise ship? You can be married on board or on their private island. Yes, I know that Disney is mostly a family affair, but they do have some great suites, and there is an adults-only pool you will want to take advantage of. You can also enjoy couples’ massages. I do have to warn you that Disney weddings are quite expensive.
I think we all can agree that having a baby changes your life. Traveling with an infant is usually not a problem. All they need to do is eat and sleep. Traveling with a toddler can be a different story altogether. They can be pretty unpredictable. Today let’s look at some tips that might help make things easier on everyone.
- Most toddlers want to explore everything they can. This is kind of their job. They’re exploring and trying to figure out life. Of course, sometimes their explorations translates into destruction. Add to that the fact that you are going to want to do some exploring of your own, which often means that your toddler is going to be in a stroller or backpack most the day. They are going to want some time to to run around and play. The good news is that house sharing is becoming so popular, and that is true in a lot of places of the world, not just here in the United States. Having a house or apartment to run around in is going to help your toddler.
- The other side of that is that a lot of cruises and resorts have great children programs. Some programs will accept two year olds, other programs want your child to be at least three. And with most of these program, you decide when the children go, and when they stay with you. Do you want to take them on certain outings? That will be no problem. Are they acting like they need some play time? Dropping them off, even at the last minute, should be no problem.
- Do you want to take a road trip? Do you just want to get in the car and stop whenever you see anything interesting? That will work well for your toddler too. They love to explore, remember? The one thing you might want to be careful to avoid is not to interrupt naptimes.
- Do you want to fly somewhere? Try to plan your flights around the times when your little ones will most likely be asleep. This will work well for them because they won’t get bored. That will help you. Who knows, you might actually get some rest yourself.. And those around you will also thank you.
Let’s look at some other reasons that you might want to consider taking a trip to the Caribbean.
- Let’s face it, you love your children, but sometimes you just need to take a little break from them. With both cruises and all-inclusive resorts, you are going to get the opportunity to leave the kids at kids’ clubs while you go have your own fun.
- Have we mentioned that the beaches are simply beautiful down there? This is the perfect place to take great selfies and make all your friends so jelly [um, jealous].
- Some people absolutely hate cooking. Others love it and find it relaxing. For those that love to cook, and want to do it even while on vacation, you will want to be sure to visit the seafood markets in the Caribbean.
- Don’t love to cook, but think you might get tired of eating in restaurants your whole vacation? Try finding a fish fry when you are in Barbados. These will usually take place on the weekends. Here you will not only find great fish, you will also taste some great side dishes too.
- Are you trying to meet the stars? The Caribbean has some very exclusive resorts, and the stars do frequent these places. I can even help you try to figure out where these people go to take their vacations.
- The Caribbean is diverse when it comes to their cuisines. Island hopping will allow you to sample a lot of different foods.
I’m trying some different things with the business, but I do want to make sure my normal work does get done. All right, so let’s get back to our discussion on why you might want to go to the Caribbean.
- This is one place that is fairly easy to get to. Your flights will be relatively short, it usually only takes a few hours to get anywhere in the Caribbean. And it is pretty easy to get a direct flight.
- Do you have airline miles you want to use? The Caribbean is one place you can get to using those miles.. You might get away with only paying taxes and fees.
- You can also use credit card rewards to get a very inexpensive trip to the Caribbean you can use your rewards to get into some very nice resorts. And of course, you can get all kinds of rewards when you sign up for a credit card.
- And if you are part of a hotel rewards program, you can save even more on your Caribbean trip. And yes, you can use those points on all-inclusive resorts.
- Don’t know which island you would like to visit? Book a Caribbean cruise. A cruise is a great way to experience several several islands at once. You can always go back to your favorite island on your next trip.
- Cruising is also an inexpensive way to see the islands. Cruises are not only very inexpensive ways to see the Caribbean, you will also get a lot of bang for your buck on a cruise. You will be getting most of your entertainment at no extra charge. Most of your meals will be included as well.
Taking a trip, getting away from your day to day routine, is usually pretty nice. Everybody needs breaks from time to time. But getting away to the Caribbean can be just what the doctor ordered. Today let’s take a look at some reasons why.
- If you are looking for an all-inclusive resort, the Caribbean is definitely a place that you will want to consider. There are just so many of that these resorts here. Are you looking for kid friendly? They have that. Are you looking for a place to reignite the romance? They’ll have a wide variety of resorts that will meet those needs as well. Going to an all-inclusive means that you will pay one price and then be able to enjoy everything without spending extra.
- There is also a lot of luxury to be had here. The resorts are just one option that you will have. There are also some beautiful villas whether there are two or twenty of you going. And the Caribbean is always a beautiful place in general.
- Another reason to visit the Caribbean? Winters are never too cold, and summers are never too cold. Temperatures are always between sixty and eighty degrees. And it is usually great weather to play outdoors.
- The water is beautiful down there, and absolutely fantastic to swim in. These are some of the clearest waters you will ever see. And that is especially true in places like Turks and Caicos, and Grand Cayman.
- Since the waters are so clear, this makes a great place to snorkel. You will be able to see all kinds of tropical fish, and you will also get to watch my favorite animal which is the dolphin.
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
Okay, let’s get back to some other reasons that you, as a young adult, might enjoy a river cruise.
- This first one may be a big one for a lot of people. Carnival, and cruises like that, might have some excellent deals, but from everything I hear, you are going to be nickel and dimed every time you turn around. Their crew expects tips. You are likely going to pay most any time you want a soda, much less an adult beverage. You may even have to pay for some of your meals. Do you want wifi? They’ll charge you. Do you want to go on the shore excursions to actually see your destinations? That will cost you more too. River cruises are going to cost you more up front, there’s no question of that. But once you are on board, pretty much you will not have to worry about money at all. All your meals will be covered, lunch and dinner usually include an adult beverage. All your excursions are included.
- Wine tours are definitely in vogue these days. People are always wanting to tour vineyards and wineries. They also love doing wine tastings. River cruises are always doing wine tours like this. Not at all interested in wine? Vineyards are often beautiful places. Take pictures to give your friends fomo.
- Millennials like to do things their own way. Do you have a wine you especially enjoy? Bring a bottle along with you. Find wine you love while you are doing your tours. Buy some and bring it with you. River cruises are a lot more relaxed about you having alcohol on board.
- You might want to explore Germany for its excellent food. You are going to find great sausages here. There are also some great pretzels to be had here. And don’t get me started on the pastries. With river cruises, it is easier to get anything you want.
- Amsterdam is a great city to explore. Do you like art? There’s a lot to be seen and enjoyed here. You will also find a lot of great bakeries and coffee houses here.
River cruising is getting more and more popular. You may be thinking, “River cruising? I’m way too young for that,” what I’m reading is that Millennials are getting into river cruises as well. Today let’s look at some reasons why.
- These millennials absolutely love social media. They love giving their friends fomo, [and for those that don’t know, fomo means, “fear of missing out”. And what better way than to travel to to places most people never get to and post all these magnificent pictures?
- Okay, so how exactly do they do that? River cruise boats can get in and out of places that those huge cruise ships can never get to. So river cruises explore a mix of huge cities and tiny villages.
- Millennials love to immerse themselves in the places that they are visiting. With river cruising, most excursions come as part of the package you pay for up front, this way you can learn all about your destinations.
- At the same time, you don’t have to go on the tours if you don’t want to. Sometimes you might just want to strike out on your own. Decide when you start out, and where you go.
- A lot of river cruises are going to have overnights at certain ports. But if you want to stay over in a port where your cruise is not going to overnight, all you have to do is ask the staff.
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow.. I would love to know your thoughts.
I know that some people say that Mexico is not a safe place to travel to. But what the experts are saying is that as long as you stay within the confines of the resort area that you should be perfectly safe. And from what I hear, Mexico makes a perfect place for romance. It has some absolutely beautiful beaches here. Mexico also has some excellent resorts, with some exquisite cuisine. Today let’s look at some places in Mexico that you might want to consider for your next romantic getaway.
- The Riviera Maya would make a fantastic choice. Here you will find beautiful beaches, some that are quite secluded. This is a great place to have a wedding or renew your vows. You can also explore ancient Mayan ruins.
- Cancun has an excellent reputation when it comes to honeymoons. Or would you rather do your actual wedding here? Having a destination wedding is something that is extremely popular to do here, and they have everything you might need to plan your special day. You’ll also find some beautiful beaches and excellent resorts in this area.
- Ever dreamed of exchanging your vows underwater? Cozumel is one of the few places that will allow you to do that. You won’t have trouble finding anywhere you want to go, and most of it is within easy distance. You can spend your days scuba diving, playing golf or tennis, or exploring ruins. And there will be plenty of evening entertainment as well.
- Los Cabos is the perfect place to plan a romantic getaway any time of the year. This is one place where the desert meets the sea. Want to be pampered at every turn? Los Cabos is your place.
- San Migual De Allende has been voted “best city in the world” two years in a row. This is another excellent choice for a destination wedding. Again you’ve find everything you might need right here.
We are going to get back to our discussion about how to plan a romantic getaway. Maybe now that school is back in session, you can talk the grandparents into staying with the children, and you and your husband can get away for a few days. Here are some things you might want to consider when planning a getaway like this.
- Cruises are vacations that could cost you a very little, or could cost you quite a bit. It all depends on what you’re looking for. Now I know I’ve said this before, the more you spend up front, the more you pay up front for the cruise, the less likely they’ll be to nickel and dime you once you’re on board. You’ll want to keep in mind. But cruises are great for those that want nothing to think about once you’re on board. Your room, your food, and sometimes your excursions can be all paid for before you leave on your trip.
- If you don’t want to do a cruise, you will want to figure out where you are going to be staying. Depending on where you want to go, you might have many different options. There are hotel in most any city. Bigger cities are likely to also have resorts, and some of these are going to be pretty all inclusive. There are condos and airbnb. What do you want? Do you want someone to pamper you at every turn? Or do you want more privacy, where you can pamper each other? You’ll want to make your bookings. Or you could have me make your bookings for you. I make money when I book hotels and things like that. I do not charge you anything over and above that.
- I do not think I can make anything on making restaurant reservations, but if I book your trip, I’ll be more than happy to help look up restaurants that might be interesting to you.
- If you are looking to save money, go to the local grocery store, and pick up food you will enjoy cooking and eating together. There is also nothing quite as romantic as taking a picnic together.