I’m in a really weird place. First, I want to apologize for not being on any last week. I was surprised by my family with a week of camp not. It was a fantastic week. I do not plan being online much this week either, we have family stuff going on. My plan is to return to work next Monday, but we’ll see how everything goes.
When it comes to when to book your cruise, my recommendation is that you book your cruise, or any trip, early so that you will get exactly what you want. But booking cruises at the last minute might enable you to get some awesome cruise deals. Let’s look are at a few of those today.
- Windstar is taking cruisers to Alaska for the first time. I hear that a cruise is a great way to explore Alaska. And Windstar is a luxury cruise line for sure. You might want to check out what is still available.
- Holland America also has room on their vessels that are going to Alaska. And this is one of the more popular destinations for Holland America.
- Seabourn is another luxury cruise line that has room on its vessels that are going to Alaska. Do you want to see some beautiful wildlife? Are you looking to explore some volcanos? Go to Alaska?
If you do not already have a vacation planned, you might want to considerplanning one for either late August or early September. Today we are going to start looking at some destinations you might want to consider.
- And let’s start with Anguilla which is located in the Caribbean. This sounds like a nicer area with a lot of luxurious resorts.. You are going to find many five star places here.
- Key West is always going to be nice, but you will be able to get a very nice breeze most of the time. Their Duval Street always has a party going on. And surprisingly, some of the hotels are going to have their best rates in the summertime. H
- ave you wanted to visit Vietnam, but haven’t been sure when? Late summer through October is going to be when the crowds die down. This is also when prices drop. You will also enjoy great temperatures light rainfall.
- Mexico is always pretty inexpensive, but this is especially true during the summer months. Places like Cancun, Playa Del Carmen and Tulum are all going to have great rates whether you want a normal hotel or an all inclusive resort.
- Are you craving winter in summer? Try going to New Zealand. You are going to get great rates anywhere you go. And you will also avoid the crowds.
Today we are going to take a look at another type of cruise, it is called a river cruise. This is a fairly new type of travel, but it is really growing in popularity. This is especially true among those that are older. Most river cruisers are people who have already retired, and are looking to enjoy the finer things in life. They want a larger suite where they can feel free to relax any time they to choose. They want the nicer, gourmet meals and enjoy having a beer or glass of wine with lunch or dinner. They enjoy the better service and more intimate feel of a smaller cruise. And most will love that paying one price will give them everything that they need to enjoy their vacation. Today let’s look at some of the river cruise companies.
- First there is Viking. With them, you will be able to enjoy exploring most of Europe and parts of Southeast Asia. When you cruise with Viking, everything is going to be included in the initial price. Expect deluxe accommodations, fine dining, and to be immersed in the cultures of the countries you are visiting. Your shore excursions will be covered as well.
- Uniworld is another company that is going to give you a very all inclusive experience. All your meals, and anything you want to drink with them, is covered. Shore excursions will be covered with them as well. With Uniworld you will be exploring Europe, parts of Asia and Egypt. What sets them apart is that they welcome children and teens on board they will have special programs, and even special pricing. >
- Avalon gives you luxurious accommodations, epic views and a lot of flexibility for an all inclusive price. Besides Europe and Asia, they also take cruises to explore our own beautiful country. You are going to get many more choices when it comes to your excursions. They also have more restaurants.
- American Cruise Line explores America. See Alaska up close and personal. Enjoy the wonders of New England or explore the Mississippi. And these are just a few of the places you can go. Again you are going to enjoy great accommodations and excellent dining.
- Amawaterways will also go to Europe and different parts of Asia. Their claim to fame is their level of service. Some of the finest don’t offer this level of service. They also have some very fine cuisine for you to enjoy.
Yesterday we were looking at some of the family friendly cruise lines. But what if you and your group decides that you do not want to take children, and want to enjoy a few days in the lap of luxury. True, these cruises will be somewhat more expensive than the ones that we were discussing yesterday. But these cruises also tend to be more all inclusive.. Your sky is going to be covered. Your shore excursions will be taken care of. You will have no need to worry about how much your meals are going to cost, and that even includes an adult beverage with your meals. You will receive complementary wifi when you book one of the higher level suites. You are also going to find that these ships are going to have many fewer people on board their ships, which means that you will receive a higher level of service.
- Let’s start by looking at Oceania Cruises. These cruises will not take more than fifteen hundred guests at a time.These cruises are for those who love the finer things in life, especially when it comes to food and drink. You will not find the frenzied pace that you would find on the cruisres we discussed yesterday, instead you will find a very tranquil environment. These cruise tend to attract older couples.
- Also in this category of cruises would be Regent Seven Seas. Again you are going to find many fewer guests which means a higher level of service. You will also find superior cuisine. Regent does have a limited children’s program, which sets them apart from these type of cruises.
- Seabourn’s ships will have no more than four hundred and fifty guests. Like most these cruises, people who have been on the other type of ships will be amazed by how much room they have in their suites. And again, you will be treated to fine cuisine.
“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”– that should be my manra. And before you think this is what I say and not what I do, I am going to be taking some time off in July. I’m not sure exactly how much, I’m sure it will be at least a week while I’m hanging out with my family. I’ll need to see how everything else goes… But anyway, summer is made for slowing down, relaxing with family and friends, and of course, it’s also a time for vacations. If you are looking for your next vacation spot, I have some suggestion for you.
- Punta Cana is a place most people go just to relax and have fun. This is definitely a fun in the sun destination, and is a great place to go whether you want to take your whole family or are looking for a romantic getaway. They have many resorts you can choose from.
- Do you want to explore Incan history? Consider going to Cusco, Peru. History buffs are going to love this place. The city will have history museums you can enjoy. It also has some fascinating architecture.
- Are you just looking for an absolutely beautiful beach to visit? You might want to try Djerba, Tunisia which is located in the Mediterranean. I haven’t been to Tunisia, but I do know that the Mediterranean is gorgeous. And I suspect you will also find some fantastic food in this area.
- The Riveria Maya is a beautiful place for vacation whether you’re looking for a group vacation, a family trip, or a vacation for just you and the one you love. They have a lot to offer families looking for adventure. You are going to be able to find a resort that will suit your needs perfectly. And you will also going to find some great night life here.
One of the things a lot of families dream of doing this summer is visiting Disney World. Though I have to say that going to Disney during the summer months is usually something you’ll want to avoid if you can. Summer is by far the busiest time for Disney World because everyone is out of school. If you do decide to go during the summer, I would say that you almost have to stay in one of Disney’s resorts. For one thing, staying at the parks is the only way you can GUARANTEE that you will have a way to get into their parks. Staying in their resorts is also going to get you discounts at Disney Springs, advance reservations into all their restaurants on property, advanced tee times at their golf clubs. And of course, there are also the Magic Hours available at select Disney parks. Today let’s look at some of what the different resorts have to offer.
- It sounds like their newest renovated hotel is simply named the B Resort and Spa. Because of it being recently renovated, it is decorated pretty nicely. You are going to also find several different culinary options, and there is a spa you can relax in.
- Do you want to see the fireworks each night, but maybe not from right up close? You might want to try Best Western Lake Buena Vista. This hotel has eighteen floors. Enjoy the display from the comfort of your room. Each room they have looks out over Disney Springs There are two restaurants and a heated swimming pool.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton is Disney’s suite-only hotel. They offer one and two bedroom suites where families can spread out and relax when they aren’t at the parks. Each suite is going to have a living room and dining area. Hilton Orlando Buena Vistaa Palace will have all kinds of dining options, including a character dining experience. They have two pools and a floating lagoon.
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is for you if you and your kids love the water. You will find two heated pools, a Jacuzzi, and a kiddie pool. All of these make great places to relax after long days at the parks. Here you will have seven restaurants to choose from.
- Holiday Inn Orlando is very family friendly. That kind of seems silly to say because we’re talking about Disney. But this hotel does have kids-eat-free which a lot of families will appreciate. And it sounds like you can access their wifi from pretty much anywhere in the hotel. You will also be able to enjoy some pool time here. And finally,
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista has several different dining options. You are going to find a pool bar and grill, a twenty-four hour cafe, a full service restaurant, and room service. You will love their water park.
We haven’t looked at anything related to cruises lately. Today let’s look at some different cruise news.
- Royal Caribbean International has told us some more of what we can expect when it comes to its newest ship, Spectrum of the Seas. This is their most expensive ship to date. Now before anyone gets too excited, this ship will debut about a year from now, and it is for the Chinese market anyway. Royal Caribbean started in the Caribbean market three years ago. This is to be this cruiseline’s first suite-only ship. They will have family suites that will be on more than one level of the ship. And when it comes to food, their main dining room is going to have Chinese and what they call western options. Their buffet is going to be huge. They will also have a tea room and cafe parlor. This ship will be going to diverse ports, and will have some longer sailings.
- MSC has just christened its newest ship. There were were festivities throughout the day in honor of its arrival. Several different celebrities graced the day. This ship is going to have the longest zip line in the cruise industry. Your family will love their aqua park that has four waterslides the ship will also have the world’s widest waterfront boardwalk at sea.
- Seabourn is announcing its European itineraries for 2019. Their plan is to have four vessels in Europe. Seabourn is a luxury cruiseline that has been helping guests explore Europe for thirty years, so they have a pretty good feel for what people want. They know which ports are the best to do overnight stays. They also know what special programs people want. They will have some longer sailings as well.
Different countries, and continents, have different cultures and customs. And when you’re visiting a place, it’s a good idea to know the kinds of things they expect from you, and also what you can expect.
- You will want to remember that Europe is not a third world place. You will have no problems finding a grocery store or a drug store. As a matter of fact, you might even want to pack light and buy clothes once you get there.
- Some people think that Europeans are in general more liberal. While that might be true across the board, it isn’t true everywhere, and it certainly isn’t true true of every single person. Many countries over there are led by conservative parties these days. You might just want to be careful what you say.
- Like him or hate him, Mr. Trump is pretty much synonymous with the United States. People over there are going to want to know your thoughts. It’s up to you whether you want to try to laugh the question off or give them a serious answer.
- Remember the whole Brexit thing? The United Kingdom decided to leave the European Union in 2016. However, they are still working on all the details of what all that will mean. All that really means for you is that you should have no problems going between the UK and the continent.
- If you need to make your trip ten days or less, you’re probably going to want to limit yourself to one country, and maybe just two or three cities in that city. Trying to fit everything in one trip is going to wear you out.
- The rumor that Europeans do not tip is simply not true. They do tip, but usually less than we do here. Tipping 10% is likely the best bet.
Think about some of your favorite trips growing up. Did you and your family go to the beach each summer? Or maybe a group of your friends went to the beach each year. Often people find the beach to be a very relaxing vacation. Let’s look at some more tips today.
- Yesterday we ended with talking about how the Caribbean has some of the most gorgeous beaches around. But the truth is that there are some beautiful beaches right here in the United States.
- Unless you live in the middle of our great country, you are going to find a beach within driving distance. Turn your beach trip into a road trip for your family..
- One thing I know many home school families consider to be a huge blessing is to be able to travel whenever you want. If you are able to be flexible in your vacation time, consider going in the late spring or any time in the fall. You are going to be able to save a lot of money. You are also going to beat the crowds this way.
- Do you want to do something a little different for your beach trip? Consider taking a cruise. Cruises do not have to be expensive at all. In fact, some cruises quite inexpensive. And cruises are always exploring the Caribbean and other exotic beach locations.
- Are you looking for a luxurious vacation? There are a lot of five star resorts that are on beaches. Many of these places are going to pamper you at every turn. And don’t worry, these places are going to be on the most beautiful beaches on earth.
Sometimes people just need to get away to a beach somewhere. Often they aren’t looking to do anything big, they aren’t wanting to go to a lot of different places, all they want is to relax on a beach somewhere. So let’s get back to discussing how to plan the perfect beach vacation.
- If you do not leave near a beach, you might want to consider flying. If you’re concerned about the cost of tickets, a lot of credit cards are now offering airline miles. Airlines also offer deals.
- Air is not the only thing you can get good deals on. A lot of the hotel chains offer loyalty programs where you can get free nights and special amenities. Some credit cards will also help with hotel stays and may even allow you to stay in a resort at a discounted rate. You can scour the internet for deals. Or you could let me help you figure out how to get a great deal.
- Another thing you’ll need to think through is where you want? Do you want to stay in a hotel/resort where someone else is going to handle all the cleaning and possibly most of the food preparation? Or would you rather get a condo where your family will have to share responsibilities, but may have some more privacy. Condos can be great for families with little ones. They can also be wonderful if you have several smaller families getting together.
- Which beach do you want to go to? Would you be willing to leave the United States? There are some beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. This place is made up of hundreds of islands, each with its own culture.