First, I want to say again that I do not know how much I am going to be online over the next couple week starting on Monday. I am just going to have to play everything by ear and see how it goes. Now let’s get back to discussing some reasons why you might want to visit St. Kitts.
Do you just love carnivals? Maybe you even like to try carnivals in other places? St. Kitts has a carnival that runs from from mid November to the end of December. There is also a music festival the last weekend of June.
So as you can see, this place has a lot to offer families, especially those with older children. There are some great beaches for families with younger children. And for golfers, St. Kitts has one of the most challenging courses around. This feature makes the island nice not only for families, but also for business conferences where you are doing a combination of work and play.
On Monday, we said that there are all kinds of accommodations you can choose from on the island. Today let’s get a little more specific. For those that truly want to vacation in the lap of luxury, there are villas. These are places with the utmost in comfort and privacy. You will also have access to some of the most gorgeous views. There are usually up to four bedrooms in a villa..
You will have all kinds of choices when it comes to hotels and/or resorts. Choose what is most important to you. Do you want a more formal restaurant? Is it important to you to have many choices when it comes to restaurants? Do you want pools that have a swim up bar? Some of these resorts are going to have cottages, which will also ensure privacy.
There are also some nice bed and breakfasts on the island. My guess is that these are probably your least expensive option.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
Yesterday we ended by giving some reasons people in general might want to go to St. Kitts. Today let’s look at some occasions you might want to visit this beautiful.
This is a great place to have a destination wedding. It is easy to get married here, because they have very few regulations. You will not have to be to on the island for any length of t before you married. You will need two photo i.d.s, and proof that you are both single. And you are only going to have to pay about seventy five dollars for a marriage license. There are churches of most any denomination on this island. There are beautiful spots at a lot of the hotels or resorts. Or maybe you’re more interested in a traditional honeymoon. This island is a great place for that as well.
Are you someone that wants to try all kinds of water sports in all kinds of different places. They have water skiing, surfing, diving, and kayaking just to name a few. If your objective is to try as many sports as you can in one place, this is a place that you will want to try.
A lot of cruise ships make on stops on St. Kitts. Maybe you were on one of those places and fell in with the place. You might now want to go and spend your whole vacation there..
Today has been kind of crazy with everything except work, so I am going to stop here and get back to this tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
Today has been a Monday, not necessarily in a bad way. I just have several things I want to get done today. So today let’s look at St Kitts. This is an island that is part of the Caribbean. This island’s temperature stays around 80 degrees fahrenheit most the year. They do not get a lot of rain, and when it does, it’s a shower that is over quickly, and the sun comes out again. This island has mountains, and obviously it has beaches as well. So what are some reasons you might want to visit St. Kitts? Read on to find out.
- For starters, St. Kitts has a sister island called Nevis. There is only two miles between the two sisters. And there are several ways you can easily cross that distance.
- Getting to and around St. Kitts is easy. You will find all kinds of flights between the States and this beautiful island. And once you are there, this place is easy to navigate by rented car or taxi.
- These are happy, welcoming people. They welcome the opportunity to share their culture with others. Here you will hear all about their traditions.
- You will have all kinds of accommodations to choose from. There are bed and breakfasts, villas, as well as some luxury resorts.
- You will also have a wide variety when it comes to what you can eat. You can choose from authentic cuisine or international fare. Do you want upscale dining, or would you rather eat casually?
- You can indulge in shopping excursions, whether you are interested in handmade crafts or duty free shopping. And of course, there are some incredible beaches, ranging from extremely active to secluded.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this.
I have to confess that I was pretty distracted yesterday, and was just trying to get something up on this blog. I wasn’t thinking about the fact that we had recently looked at river cruising because we were looking at silverseas. So today I think we are going to start taking a look at Europe, and more specifically, Switzerland. When you ask many Americans what their dream trip might be, many will say somewhere in Europe. Today let’s look at some reasons you might want to look at Switzerland when you are considering your next vacation.
First, this is an absolutely beautiful country. Have you ever heard of the Alps? Switzerland is home to part of this mountain range.
Switzerland is also fairly easy to get around in. They have a great transportation system. And from what I hear, all the transportation systems in Europe run pretty much on time.
- It also will not hurt American tourists that pretty much everyone here speaks English. You should not have to worry about language barriers here.
This is a small country, but there are three distinct cultures here that you can explore. And who might be interested in visiting Switzerland?
- Nature lovers might enjoy going. There are many great places to hike and explore.
- Are you into snow skiing, camping fishing. This beautiful country is a place you might really enjoy as well.
- And interestingly enough, the third group that might enjoy this country is luxury travelers. Enjoy fine food and wine at top resorts. Indulge in shopping excursions and spa treatments.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this
Today we are going to start by taking a closer look at some of Wyndham’s specific hotel brands and what they have to offer.
- Let’s start with what they call their hotels for business travelers. Wyndham wants to feel like their hotels are your home away from home. They are, of course, going to provide you with great internet at these hotels. They also provide great comfort. Wyndham has done its research, and they’ve found that you’d like the ability to extend your stay, even on business trips. They know you want free breakfasts, fitness centers at these hotels. These are hotels like TRYP by Wyndham, Wyndham Hotels and resorts, and Dolce Hotels and Resorts.
- Next we are going to look at Family Travelers. Family travel is only growing in popularity. Parents want to give their children new opportunities. And we all know how popular multi generational travel is becoming. The hotels in these brands are going to feature free wifi and free breakfast. And where are these hotels? Practically anywhere that you might like to go. These are hotels like the Wyndham Grand, Dazzler Hotels, and Esplendor Hotels.
- Wyndham is also reaching out to Millennials. They know that to Millennials it is important to stay connected to the world, it is important to have great food choices, and it is also important to experience the local culture. And so Wyndham tries to deliver all three with these properties. With Wyndham, some of the properties fall into more than one category. TRYP by Wynham falls under the Millennial group too. And you will also have Wingate by Wyndham, and Wyndham Garden.
- And finally, there is Romance Travel. Couples are finding more excuses to travel together, and Wyndham wants couples to stay with them as well. This type of hotel offers excellent spas and some fantastic cuisine. Brands in this group are Wyndham Grand and Dolce Hotels and Resorts.
There is a lot I’m trying to figure out, both with work stuff and personally. So I’m glad to be able to write this blog as I’m going through these travel agent courses. I feel like I am accomplishing more, and the bonus is that I’m working through, and passing, a lot of these courses. It’s definitely a win/win in my book.
Today we are going to take a look at Wyndham, which is one of the fastest growing hotel chains in the world. There is an average of two Wyndham properties opening each day. And before you stop reading because you think of Wyndham as a luxury brand and you tend to stay in less expensive hotels, this company has over twenty different brands. Among these are hotels like Ramada, Travelodge, and Days Inn to name a few.
Okay, so who is Wyndham exactly? First, they like to keep things simple. They try to provide you with all the comforts you want in the places you want to be. And they hope to make you comfortable in any of their hotels, no matter what you paid. They strive to give you a great memory of your hotel experience with them. They’re generous. Most of their properties have free wifi and free breakfast. They also have a very generous rewards program. And finally, they know that Americans are finding more reasons to travel, from your once in a lifetime honeymoon, to family gatherings and girlfriend getaways. And this hotel group wants to be part of all those experiences.
Let’s look a little more at their rewards program. Like I said earlier, this is one of the most simple programs out there. For 15,000 points, you can stay free at any of their participating properties. For every qualified stay, you earn ten points for every dollar spent. You can also earn points by using a Wyndham Rewards Visa Card, or by renting a car through Budget or Axis.
I think I am going to stop here for now, and get back to this tomorrow. As usual, I would love to know your thoughts on any of this.
Today we are going to take a look at Los Cabos and some of what they have to offer. I know that there was a major storm there last September, but the good news is that they are rebuilding. New hotels are going up. And they are making it pretty easy for American to come visit their beautiful place by adding more flights, and this is something they’re continuing to work on as time goes by.
As with a lot of popular destinations, Cabos has many different resorts you can choose from. Through in the particular course I am going through, they seem to focus on “adults only” resort. Maybe I just haven’t gotten to the family friendly resorts yet?
If you are looking to do something a little different, you might want to consider a place called Acre, where you will actually be staying in one of their treehouses. They have a restaurant, a bar, and a pool. They do not say much about the treehouses themselves, but they do recommend no more than a three night stay. Dreaming of a longer vacation in Cabos? Plan your stay at Acre before or after enjoying a resort.
Now let’s look at some of the attractions of Los Cabos.
- Animal lovers will enjoy watching whales or looking for dolphins. This is also a place where sea turtles lay their eggs.
- This is also a great place for those who love art. There are museums and galleries, and there is at least one huge art festival..
- Those who have a keen interest in wine may also want to visit Cabos. There are vineyards to explore and wineries where you can sample different wines.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this.
Today let’s start taking a closer look at Silverseas and what they have to offer.. First, what is Silverseas? It is a cruiseline that has smaller ships to give you a much more intimate cruise experience. Let’s look at who these cruises are for.
- The people going on these cruises are usually older, think more like your parents’ age. I don’t think they do much with children at all.
- These are luxury cruises, and so their guests are pretty well off financially. They also tend to be pretty smart with their money.
- Guests on Silverseas usually like the finer things in life.
They’re likely part of a country club or something similar. And now let’s take a look at some of the advantages of a Silverseas cruises.
- With Silverseas, you are going to be on smaller vessels with a lot fewer people. This means that you will have a lot more space. And I’m not just talking about your own rooms either.
- You will be able to travel to practically anywhere that you would like to go. Smaller ships means they can get to a lot of places the larger vessels can’t.
- And with many fewer guests, the service on these ships is going to be top rated.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
Let’s do something a little different today. Mexico, it’s one place that some people think you should avoid, and others say that this is a great time to visit. What I’ve heard as far as safety goes is that staying on resort property, you should be perfectly safe. If you’re looking for an inexpensive trip to Mexico, now may be one of the best times to go.
Like I said earlier, staying at a resort is your best bets when it comes to your safety, and fortunately Mexico has a lot of resorts you can choose from. And many of these will be all inclusives. That means that you will get your room, food, beverages and activities for one price. You will want to be sure to read the fine print to know exactly what is or is not included. Or if I book your trip, I can help you figure out all the details.
Where you book your trip in Mexico can have a huge impact on how much you will spend on your trip. For example, Los Cabos is a very inexpensive place to travel to. You may be surprised at how beautiful this place is. You will find plenty to do and lots of great food to enjoy.
Rivera Maya will have many different resorts you could choose from. The beaches there are absolutely stunning. Cancun would be another pretty inexpensive place to visit. You should be warned that this is a place where people will go to party. Are you looking to explore ancient Mayan Ruins? You will want to visit Tulum, which is a very quiet place.
If you’d like to try to visit Mexico at no cost, consider getting a Hyatt credit card. This will allow you to save up points which you will be able to spend on your hotel stays.
Do you have any questions? Please let me know.
I know I talk about multi generational travel a lot. But this is getting to be more and more popular as time goes by. And I am a travel agent who really wants to work with families. And let’s get real for a moment here, as a travel agent who works solely on commission, the more people that go on a trip, and the more money that is spent, the more that I will make. So I would love to help you plan a multi generational trip, even if there might be a little more work involved.
Okay, so what is this thing called multi generational travel? It is not just grandparents taking their adult children, their spouses, and the couples’ children anymore. Couples are also taking their children who are in their twenties and thirties on vacations. And while the children are deciding where they go and what they do on these vacations, the parents tend to be the one footing the bills.. And this is not too surprising given that many adult children are moving back to live with their parents. But anyway. Another interesting thing is that with the adult children booking these trips, they aren’t booking the same trips year after year. They’re looking for new experiences and adventures. Where are they choosing to go?
Myanmar is an extremely popular destination with these type of groups. Costa Rica is another place these family groups like to visit.
What do they like to do on their trips? Well, the sky is kind of the limit. Are you big into the environment? There are a lot of vacations that will intrigue you. Are you foodies in your family? There are plenty of trips that will be of interest to you.
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to help you plan your summer vacation. Please let me know if I can help you.