Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it. And nothing says romance quite like getting away for a few days with the one you love. Today let’s look at some places you might want to take your sweetie to. By the way, the resorts we are going to look at are all five star properties.
- The first one we are going to look at is Sandos Nature San Blas Resort and Golf. What makes this place unusual is that while while most five stars are not all inclusive, but this place is. You will also find plenty to do here. They have several pools, a lake with paddleboats, and of course there is golf. You will also be able to choose from several restaurants.
- Are you wanting to get to the newly rebuilt Los Cabos? You might want to try Montage Los Cabos. This place is decorated to suit its desert surroundings. But there are a number of infinity pools and hot tubs where you can relax while you enjoy the views. Their beach is one of the few swimmable beaches in the area.
- Or would you rather go for the gold and go to France? There you will want to stay at the Grand Hotel Villa De France which is in Morocco. This beautiful property was originally built in the 1700’s and is beautifully decorated. Both French and British royalty and stars have stayed here.
Last week, we were talking about some cruises you might want to take to get out of this winter weather. But what if you want to bring your children along on your tropical vacation? The idea of a tropical vacation with kids can be tantalizing and yet terrifying all at once. Today let’s start looking at some destinations that will hopefully not leave you hanging.
- We’ve been talking about Hawaii earlier this week, we are going to start by looking at Kauai. This is an absolutely beautiful island with lots of green rolling hills, and yet you are going to be near the ocean as well, since you are on an island. You and your family will have plenty to do here. There is everything from whale watching to helicopter rides to the beautiful beaches with all the water sports. You and your family will want to stay at the Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas to ensure a private bedroom away from the kids and a kitchen you can cook in.
- Does your family just love mountains, volcanoes, wildlife and adventure? Consider booking a trip to Costa Rica. Staying in their capital city of San Jose will also get you close to coffee plantations, beaches and places you can zipline. And your hotel should be the San Jose Costa Rica Marriott for huge rooms and rainforest views.
- Have you ever wanted to explore French Polynesia? Paul Gauguin Cruises has some of the most intriguing itineraries. Cruising will allow you to get to see several islands on one trip.
- If you know anyone who has been to the Bahamas, you’ve probably heard of the resort Atlantis. This is a huge, sprawling resort that has sections that are for families, and other sections that are for adults only. Your family could stay on this resort your whole vacation and have a perfect trip.
I’m trying out some new things in I’m business. I’ve just started today, so I’m not sure how anything is going to work. But I am feeling like I need to try some new things, and we’ll have to see what happens. But anyway, this blog is about travel, so let’s get back to discussing Hawaii.
What is the first city you think of when you think of when you think about Hawaii? Might it be honolulu? Located on the island of Oahu, this is the state’s capitol. And as such, it is the epicenter for the state’s political, economic and cultural life.
Here you will find a bustling metropolis full of museums, historic sites and places to take in the performing arts. There is also a lot of great shopping. And yet in honolulu, no one is truly in a rush. You are going to have time to take in your beautiful surroundings. Enjoy the feel of sand between your toes as you listen to live music.
Let’s look at some top reasons to go to this remarkable city.
- Hanauma Bay is a great place to visit. It is a gorgeous place to simply sunbathe. But people who snorkel are going to love the wide variety of sealife here.
- You can visit iolani Palace which is the only palace in the State.
- You might also want to visit Diamond Head State park which has some great trails leading to some excellent views.
Today we are going to do something a little different, because sometimes it’s good to laugh and have fun. Like everyone else, travel agents know our jobs, but sometimes other people do not have a clue.
- Let’s start with Hawaii. Some people have asked whether they can get to Hawaii by train instead of boat or plane. Um, no, they haven’t built a railway system for Hawaii. Why would they when you can either fly or go by ship? I hear that taking a cruise is an excellent way to explore the beautiful place.
- People have also asked whether they can get American food there in Hawaii. Do they know that Hawaii is part of the United States?
- Another person informed their travel agent that the islands didn’t look that far apart, they would just drive between the islands. Hello, they are islands, there is water in between them.
- Another travel agent has had a guest ask if they could have their cruise stop and pick up some of their family who lived in Virginia. Now some of the top luxury cruises might do that, but that would be unusual.
- One luxury client decided that she wanted to give her son a dolphin for his birthday. They had a salt water pool, and money was to be no object, she didn’t see any problem with it. The poor travel agent ended up calling the woman’s husband who did put a kabash on this ridiculous request.
Did you know New Year’s is one of the most popular times to get engaged? If you and your significant other have decided that this is the year that you are going to take the plunge and get married, we are going to take a look at some popular honeymoon destinations you might want to consider for your special trip.
- Do you and your future husband just love wildlife? You might want to go to Africa and watch the animals in their natural habitat. Not sure you want to spend your honeymoon camping out? They do have some nice resorts in Kenya.
- Or are you looking for a great spa resort? You may be interested in learning more about healthy eating. You may also want to vineyards to do some wine tastings. You could also want to see the glitz and glamor of Hollywood. If this sounds like your ideal trip, go to California.
- Especially if you live in the Southeastern United States, you might want to consider going to Florida for your honeymoon. You will find plenty to see and do there. Love amusement parks? This state certainly has its share of those. You are also going to love their beautiful beaches.
- Thailand is becoming an extremely popular place to go visit. Maybe part of the reason is that everyone loves their food. But honeymooners in particular will love their beaches. You may also enjoy their wide variety of water sports.
What are your dreams for 2019? Do they include taking a cruise? Today let’s look at some cruises you might be interested in taking this coming year.
- Royal Caribbean is about to complete their renovations on their private island, CocoCay, and they would love to share it with their guests. They are advertising, “more thrills and more chills” on their new island.
- Harmony on the Seas was once the largest cruise ship, and it’s still pretty close. When it comes to these type of cruises, you are going to find this one to be very inclusive. Yes, taking a cruise on this ship is going to get you a chance to visit the great CocoCay.
- Do you think cruising might not be for you because all you really care about is fashion? Think again. Cunard’s queen Mary, which is almost pretty glamorous in and of itself, is going to do a fashion week. On this cruise, you are going to be meeting some of the world’s most innovative designers.
- Have you always wanted to explore the Amazon River, but would hate to give up your creature comforts? With Avalon Waterways, you are not going to have to choose. Explore the mighty river by day and enjoy a luxurious cruise by night.
I have shared some things I like about this time of year. I would love to hear about some of your favorite traditions of the Christmas season.
- Have you ever dreamed of spending the Christmas holidays in the Swiss Alps? Baur Au Lac Hotel was established near a beautiful lake in the 1800’s. They will have one of the tallest Christmas trees in their area. Stay at this hotel and you will get a taste of Swiss holiday favorites. And you will also get taste of some of their music.
- Has the climbing bug got into you? You might want to go to Tanzania. There are places that will serve you roasted turkey and other delicious treats. And you can also do as much climbing as you want.
- Or are you looking for something that is luxurious? If that sounds more like you, you might want to try Hotel Bel-Air which is in Loos Angeles. Pastry chef Tiffany Pascua will be more than happy to give your entire family cooking lessons. You will also be able to enjoy a four course dinner?
- Has Paris always been on your bucket list? Consider going to Le Royal Monceau where you will be able to revel in all kinds of festivities. They will have igloos that will comfortably house six guests where you will enjoy a tasting experience. You will be eating appetizers and drinking wine.
- Have you wondering what an Irish Christmas would be like? You might want to go to The Merrion, which is a hotel in Dublin. There will be afternoon tea which will feature several delicacies. There will be tasting menus on Christmas and New Year’s where you can sample Irish fare. Father Christmas will make an appearance on Christmas Eve, followed by an evening of caroling.
When you think of a cruise, what do you think about? Do you think of a great inexpensive trip where you can get to see more expensive places for less? Do you think of a ship where you are with thousands of other people? Do you think of a place where you can get all you want to eat? Are you dreaming of the endless activities? Or is a cruise your ideal when it comes to a romantic vacation?
Cruises will do special things for couples who are on their honeymoons, or are on other romantic vacations. Today let’s look at some different packages you might want to consider.
- When you think of romance, you are probably thinking of quiet, intimate moments, which you would rather not share with thousands of strangers. That’s why you should consider something like Windstar. I think with Windstar, you’re looking at something like 300 guests. When you marry, or renew your vows, your captain will officiate. You will get a cake and a bottle of sparkling wine. A reception with dinner and dancing can be arranged.
- Cunard’s ships are going to be much larger. Still, I think you can find some very nice suites on board these ships. Their romance package looks very similar to Winstar’s. Your captain will do the honors. You will get flowers and a bottle of champagne and cake. You will also get a photographer and a portrait. You will also get a special certificate.
- Have you always dreamed of getting married on a Disney Cruise ship? You can be married on board or on their private island. Yes, I know that Disney is mostly a family affair, but they do have some great suites, and there is an adults-only pool you will want to take advantage of. You can also enjoy couples’ massages. I do have to warn you that Disney weddings are quite expensive.
I think we all can agree that having a baby changes your life. Traveling with an infant is usually not a problem. All they need to do is eat and sleep. Traveling with a toddler can be a different story altogether. They can be pretty unpredictable. Today let’s look at some tips that might help make things easier on everyone.
- Most toddlers want to explore everything they can. This is kind of their job. They’re exploring and trying to figure out life. Of course, sometimes their explorations translates into destruction. Add to that the fact that you are going to want to do some exploring of your own, which often means that your toddler is going to be in a stroller or backpack most the day. They are going to want some time to to run around and play. The good news is that house sharing is becoming so popular, and that is true in a lot of places of the world, not just here in the United States. Having a house or apartment to run around in is going to help your toddler.
- The other side of that is that a lot of cruises and resorts have great children programs. Some programs will accept two year olds, other programs want your child to be at least three. And with most of these program, you decide when the children go, and when they stay with you. Do you want to take them on certain outings? That will be no problem. Are they acting like they need some play time? Dropping them off, even at the last minute, should be no problem.
- Do you want to take a road trip? Do you just want to get in the car and stop whenever you see anything interesting? That will work well for your toddler too. They love to explore, remember? The one thing you might want to be careful to avoid is not to interrupt naptimes.
- Do you want to fly somewhere? Try to plan your flights around the times when your little ones will most likely be asleep. This will work well for them because they won’t get bored. That will help you. Who knows, you might actually get some rest yourself.. And those around you will also thank you.
Let’s look at some other reasons that you might want to consider taking a trip to the Caribbean.
- Let’s face it, you love your children, but sometimes you just need to take a little break from them. With both cruises and all-inclusive resorts, you are going to get the opportunity to leave the kids at kids’ clubs while you go have your own fun.
- Have we mentioned that the beaches are simply beautiful down there? This is the perfect place to take great selfies and make all your friends so jelly [um, jealous].
- Some people absolutely hate cooking. Others love it and find it relaxing. For those that love to cook, and want to do it even while on vacation, you will want to be sure to visit the seafood markets in the Caribbean.
- Don’t love to cook, but think you might get tired of eating in restaurants your whole vacation? Try finding a fish fry when you are in Barbados. These will usually take place on the weekends. Here you will not only find great fish, you will also taste some great side dishes too.
- Are you trying to meet the stars? The Caribbean has some very exclusive resorts, and the stars do frequent these places. I can even help you try to figure out where these people go to take their vacations.
- The Caribbean is diverse when it comes to their cuisines. Island hopping will allow you to sample a lot of different foods.