Since today is the Fourth of July, we are going to take a look at some more tips on how to make this vacation your best one ever.
- You’re on vacation, you aren’t going to need to impress anyone with how you look. This is the time to take your comfy clothes, and enjoy not having to dress up for work or anything. This is especially true if you are flying. Take your clothes in your carryon, and forget having to wait around for your bags.
- Vacation is the to kick back and enjoy life. When you’re traveling, particularly when you’re traveling without children, mealtimes can get out of whaack. Bring fun snacks with you wherever you go. And grab them whenever you feel like it.
- If you are flying, leave your fireworks buying for once you reach your destination. Airports tend to frown on things that explode. And since they are trying to protect you, and all the other passengers, don’t try to sneak anything by them.
- Relax. Enjoy the people you’re traveling with, or the people you came to see. Have fun relaxing by the pool or other bodies of water. Binge on your favorite Shows.
Women are doing more and more traveling on their own. They might not have found their special someone yet. Or maybe they’re at a place in life where they can leave families for short periods of time. They may have some place they have always wanted to see. Or they might need to go somewhere on business.
- This may be a thing of the past since most everyone now has GPS, or maybe it isn’t such a thing of the past, but do you remember getting lost? If this is something that gives you trouble, take notes as you go. Remind yourself of landmarks along the way.
- When traveling by yourself, you might be wise to stay in one of the larger hotels in the middle of the city. This will make you less conspicuous. It may also help you make some friends while you are on your trip.
- Getting a nicer place may also cause you less worry when it comes to knowing what to do about dinner. It is probably best to do your traveling during the day while it is light outside. Having a restaurant, or more than one to choose from, is going to really help you. Some hotels are also going to have entertainment in the evenings.
Cruises are doing a lot to cater to families. And when cruise people think of a room, they’re thinking that there will be at least two people sharing that cruise. But what if you haven’t met your life partner yet?
Some cruises are going to charge you double for your room. And while some cruises have reasoned how silly that is, others haven’t. Today we are going to look at some different ways to work around this.
- Some cruiselines have rooms that are specifically for singles. Sure, these rooms may be significantly smaller, but you’ll probably just be in there to sleep and get ready. These rooms also offer added protection. I know that Norwegian is one of these. Royal Caribbean is another one you might want to look into.
- Some cruiselines allow you to share a cabin with another single person of the same sex, they aren’t trying to set you up or anything. You will be asked some questions that will help them find a good roommate for you.
Romance travel is in. I mean, who doesn’t want to go on a trip with their spouse, spending time reconnecting? Today let’s look at a couple of resorts that are perfect for that romantic getaway.
- Secrets Cap Cana just had its Grand Opening in late April, so this is pretty much brand new. It was built on a beautiful beach in Punta Cana. You will not be wearing wristbands. They have twenty-four hour room service, in case you need that midnight snack. They have restaurants where you can order off a menu, meaning that that you aren’t going eaten off of mediocre buffets the whole time. And you will not have to make reservations. They also have free wifi and phone calls to North America. There are different things you can do during the day and in the evening.
- And then there is Serenity at Coconut Bay which is in St Lucia. It looks like this place is pretty small, less than forty suites. The suites more than a thousand square feet. You will be getting butler service. You will have twenty-four hour room service here as well. You may even get your own plunge pool. You can take your pick of several restaurants and bars, and there are plenty water activities you can take part in.
Sometimes you just need to get away for a long weekend. Maybe work has gotten super busy. Or maybe you have some hard things going on in your family. Whatever your reason, you need to get away. Let’s look at some destinations you might want to consider.
- Do you want to go somewhere where you have plenty of activities to choose from? Think about going to Miiami, Florida. This is a fun in the sun destination. You will also have a lot of choices when it comes to nightlife. You will also have great restaurants from.
- Do you want to go to the coolest city in Texas? You are going to have to try Austin. It helps that the city has the university right there. This place has a lot of great restaurants, some great art museums, and a lot of interesting shopping.
- And yes, people do go to Mexico for long weekends. It is an easy flight. Los Cabos is a great destination when you want to take a beach getaway. This is a great place to just relax and have some much needed fun.
- Are amusement parks your jam? Go to Orlando. This is theme park central. You are going to find Disney, Universal and Busch Gardens. And that’s just naming the biggest parks there. The city also has a lot of other things to offer.
Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it. And nothing says romance quite like getting away for a few days with the one you love. Today let’s look at some places you might want to take your sweetie to. By the way, the resorts we are going to look at are all five star properties.
- The first one we are going to look at is Sandos Nature San Blas Resort and Golf. What makes this place unusual is that while while most five stars are not all inclusive, but this place is. You will also find plenty to do here. They have several pools, a lake with paddleboats, and of course there is golf. You will also be able to choose from several restaurants.
- Are you wanting to get to the newly rebuilt Los Cabos? You might want to try Montage Los Cabos. This place is decorated to suit its desert surroundings. But there are a number of infinity pools and hot tubs where you can relax while you enjoy the views. Their beach is one of the few swimmable beaches in the area.
- Or would you rather go for the gold and go to France? There you will want to stay at the Grand Hotel Villa De France which is in Morocco. This beautiful property was originally built in the 1700’s and is beautifully decorated. Both French and British royalty and stars have stayed here.
Let’s be honest with ourselves about something here. Sometimes when we say something might not be safe, what we’re really saying is that we don’t want to do something. Some of us just want to stay in our own cubicle worlds, doing the same things day after day. Travel costs money. Things might not go exactly as we had planned. Does anything in life turn out exactly as we had planned? Travel enriches our lives in so many ways. Maybe starting with these “safer countries” will make you want to do more. Let’s get back to our discussion of some of the safest places in the world to visit.
- The first place we are going to look at today. If your hesitation to travel is because you don’t want to give up the comforts of life, try visiting this place. You are going to have access to some very nice malls. You should also have no problems finding internet access. It is also among the safest places in Asia.
- Do you want to know the safest country to visit in North America? It is not our great United States. It is Canada. This is another great place for snow. It is also a great way for us to experience European culture without crossing that pond.
- Are you looking for a great wellness package within the United States? Look no further than Scottsdale, Arizona. This city has a lot of spa resorts. It also rates very high on safety measures charts.
- According to recent studies, Portland, Maine is one of our country’s safest cities. Only twenty-three other cities received this rating. And you will find a lot to see and do in this city.
Let’s continue our discussion of some of the safest places in the world to visit. I know that some people love the feeling of living on the the edge. But I don’t think that most of us want to feel like we are in constant danger while we are on vacation.
- Are you someone that just loves the snow? Maybe you and your family love to ski. Or you might want to use the snow as an excuse to to curl up with a good book by the fire. Either way, you might want to check out Norway.
- Chile is one of the safer places to visit in South America. Now you will want to take the normal precautions when it comes to pickpockets and other petty crimes. Have your money on your person. Travel in a group.
- Are you looking for a peaceful place right in the middle of Europe? Why not go where the hills are alive? That’s right. Austria is one of the safer places in Europe. Again, your main concern may be pickpockets. But don’t worry, most will not hurt you.
- I know that there was recently a murder of a tourist in Costa Rica, but that is definitely the exception and not the rule. This is one of the happiest places on earth. It is also quite beautiful.
- Portugal is another very peaceful country in Europe. You will want to be careful about pickpockets in the big cities. But that is true most anywhere you go.
The things we read about in the news lately may make people wonder if it is safe to travel anywhere anymore. Of course, you may not be safe in your own backyard. Today let’s look at some destinations that should be relatively safe.
- Zambia earns high ratings from the U.S. State Department. Here you will be able to see the beautiful Victoria Falls as well as a plethora of animals in this place.
- Are you, or someone you know, seriously into gaming? Or maybe you just love Japanese food and want to see some of their majestic mountains. Or maybe you just want to see where a lot of our technology comes from. Japan is an incredibly safe place to visit.
- Do you want to go to Europe, you just aren’t sure where? You might want to try Slovenia. Those of you who are especially interested in the environment will love this place. The country has won awards for how environmentally conscious they are.
- Iceland is another very safe country. It is also gorgeous. Is swimming on your bucket list any time you go anywhere? No problem. They have hot springs. You will also want to enjoy their glaciers.
- New Zealand is second only to Iceland when it comes to safety. Would you like to see where the “Lord of the Rings” movies were made? Do you want to explore caves?
The security agents at the airport may seem like the world’s biggest Grinches, but try to remember that they are there to keep everyone safe.
- Do you have someone in your family that just loves collecting those snow globes? If they are traveling home by air after the holidays, you will want to get their something that is no larger than a tennis ball. Anything bigger will be confiscated. Anything taken on an airplane will need to be kept in a quart plastic bag.
- Those Magic 8-Balls? They’ll never make it through security. So just don’t bother giving anyone that gift.
- And be sure to put your cigar cutters into your checked bag. These are items that are usually allowed, but agents are given some leeway there. So it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Okay, this seems a little ridiculous to me, but remember that they are just protecting everyone, kitchen gadgets may also get scrutinized. This is especially true for knives and things that might possibly be used as a weapon. And remember, you may be the most trustworthy person on earth, but you never know who might try to take something from you.
- And then we have batteries. Are you and yours looking for electronics for Christmas? Then again, who isn’t? The regulations on batteries are ever changing. Just wait to get your batteries until you are safely home.