I have several things I want to accomplish today, so let me go on and do this.
Living with a disability makes life more difficult. Sorry.. I know some people who say that their disability is a gift and that they wouldn’t trade places with nondisabled people. And I guess I can see how disability shapes us. But if given the opportunity, I would love to be made well… But anyway, let’s look at some more thoughts on disability travel.
- Having a disability makes it more important to plan out your trips. You’ll want to let the people at your airline, the hotel people, and any other travel vendors know about your disability. This allows them to better serve you. Let them know in adadvance that you are going to need that extra outlet in that room, or that it is imperative that you have a refrigerator for your medication.
- You know yourself and your energy level better than anyone. If your most energetic times are in the mornings, let that be the time you do your big outings. Do you rest most afternoons. Do the same when you go on vacations. Especially when we’re disabled, our bodies do not like getting off our routines.
- You may want to purchase travel insurance specifically with your health in mind. A lot of health insurance companies will not cover you once you leave the United States. Make sure you have everything you might need as far s insurance.
Having a disability makes it more important to plan out your trips. You’ll want to let the people at your airline, the hotel people, and any other travel vendors know about your disability. This allows them to better serve you. Let them know in adadvance that you are going to need that extra outlet in that room, or that it is imperative that you have a refrigerator for your medication.
- Are you going to need a wheelchair? I’m laughing at this because my wheelchair goes with me wherever I go 99.9% of the time. But I know some people who can walk some, but need a wheelchair for the long distances. Or maybe you use a power chair, but it might not work everywhere you would.
Let me know if you have any questions about this.
I have had some other things I wanted to get done today today. I’m trying to figure out a place that will pay me to write travel advice. I want to do this to bring in some money for the business, and hopefully get some more clients. Figuring out when to look at writing jobs is hard. I want to get through everything I feel like I need to do each day, but then I often feel too tired to really concentrate on figuring out the writing jobs. I’m not sure what to do, but I am going to try to figure something out.
One of my sisters is going to Mexico next month… Of anyone in our family, she’s the one who likes to live on the dangerous side. As a travel agent, what I’ve heard is that as long as you’ll stay on the resorts, you should be just fine. But the United States has issued a new travel warning in light of recent events, so let’s take a look at what they’re saying now..
Basically there are certain parts of Mexico that have become unsafe because of violence. People have been asked to stay away from those areas, unless you absolutely have to go there. The big problem is that there have been battles between gangs themselves, and fighting between gangs and the Mexican government. At this point, United States’ citizens are not targeted, but of course you never know what could happen, and it’s wisest not to take that chance.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this or any questions you might have.
I have to be honest, I’m kind of disappointed in myself in how little I got done yesterday. Yes, I got through my normal things, but I want to figure out ways to write and get paid, and I did nothing on that. True, the computer was giving me some problems. And I did have some things to do to catch up after being away. But finding a writing job is important, it’s a priority, and I need to make more time for hat if I want to get anywhere. My dream would be to find somewhere that pays per article and I could send in as many as I wanted.. I’m not sure if anything like this exist, but I would love to find it if it does.
But anyway, I’m a firm believer that when you go on vacation, you should leave your worries behind and simply enjoy being with your family. However, you need to be careful about insects and not getting bitten by anything, especially if you’re vacationing in another country. I’m sure many of you are thinking about the Zika Virus, but there are also other diseases like malaria and dengue fever to worry about.
The threat of malaria is especially real in Asia. And while they are taking steps to reduce the risk, it is still wise to use precautions. Okay, so you know to be cautious, but how exactly do you go about doing that? Read on to find out.
- First, you’ll want to pretty much wear clothing that covers your whole body. That is generally wise to do so anyway to be culturally sensitive.
- You are going to want to wear insect repellent wherever you go. And look for those repellents which have a higher degree of active ingredient.
- e the place where you will be lodging carefully. Choose the places that seem to be kept clean and that have air conditioning. And sleep under a bed net.
I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
“…And I’ll be doing whatever snow does in summer”. Sorry, just wanted to share the song that’s been running through my mind this morning.. Summer is one of the busiest times for travel. We’ve talked about the beach. We’ve talked about what to do with children while you’re traveling. we are going to do a little something different today.
When you think of New York City, you probably think of snow, ice skating, and huddling around hot chocolate. But there is a lot of neat things to do in the summer as well. Today let’s talk about some things you might want to do in New York City this summer.
- Everyone has heard of Wall Street. But hae you heard of Brookfield Place, the former financial district? They have now turned this place into an upscale shopping and dining place. It is now called Le District, and it is the place toibe if you want French food
- They do Shakespeare in the park in Central Park. There are eighteen thousand seats in the theater. And if I’m reading this right, this is a free event.
- There are also outdoor movies you can take part in. Apparently these events take place at various times throughout the city. Take a picnic and make an evening of it.
- You just think that there is no beach in New York City. Try Jacob Riis park. This is one of the more peaceful beaches in the area. You can get away from the hustle and bustle of city life here.
- Long Island City has what is called summer Summer Summer Nights. Tare outdoor concert. The events last from three until nine, so this sounds like a good place to hang out.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
There are many, many things that I’d like to get done today. I have some things I want to try with my writing. So let me do this so that I can get to other things.
Summer will officially be here next week. But hopefully by now most everyone’s school has let out. I know when school lets out depend on a wide variety of factors. And then there are our homeschooling who might have gotten out months or might not really take a summer break. Whatever you do, I hope you take one summer vacation as a family. Today let’s take a look at some more tips for traveling with children.
- You will want to make up a little bag for each child. Put in their favorite small toys, maybe a game or two, snacks that they will enjoy. For the littler people in your family, you may even want to include a change of clothes.
- Hopefully the bags I’ve described are going to keep them busy for a good while. Consider rewarding good behavior with time on your phone or IPad.
- But keep in mind that driving time is also a good time to talk and enjoy being together. Tell stories about what things were like as you were growing up. Play games the whole family can enjoy on the road.
- While you are on vacation, you shouldn’t always be rushing from one activity to the next. Take some time each day where everyone simply reads a book or maybe watches a movie together. Probably the best time to do this is right before dinner so that everyone will enjoy the evening’s fun.
- You are going to want to pick the best accommodations for you and your family and the trip that you want to take. Some resorts cater to children, others cat to adults. You want to go some place that is going to be welcoming to your idea of fun.
Helping you plan your vacation just the way you want it is what I’m here for. Please let me know if you would like my help.
When a lot of people think of vacations in the summer, they think about going to the beach. I know the beach is beautiful and a lot of fun. But it can also be messy and a pain if you don’t do things right. Today we are going to look at some things that may help your whole experience go better.
- The problem with taking coolers to the beach is that they’re heavy and often awkward to carry. Take juice boxes and freeze them at night. And then when you go to the beach, they can help keep other things cold. And the bonus is, the juice boxes will make excellent slushies.
- Have littles that might not be ready for the ocean, but still want to play in the water? Bring a baby pool for them to play in. It will be much easier for you to keep an eye on them, and it will also probably be more relaxing for everyone.
- Love the beach, but hate the sand? Bring your baby powder. Rubbing powder wherever you wetter get sand is a great way to get all the nasty stuff to come off.
- Have you wanted a tattoo but have been afraid to get one? Do a sunscreen design on yourself. It won’t be permanent, but much maybe that is a good thing.
- Bored at the beach? Give yourself a spa day. Paint your nails. Do a facial. Give yourself a hot oil treatment. This works even better if you have friends who want to work on each other.
- But you will want to be careful about how much sun you actually get. use sunscreen and take your beach umbrella. And a beach vacation is the perfect time to catch up on your favorite shows or movies.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this.
Being kicked off a cruise is something that does happen from time to time. Sometimes it’s your fault. Sometimes it’s nothing you can not control. Here are some things you should avoid if you can.
- Cruises can kick you of if you get really sick. Now I’m not saying if you get a cold you are going to get thrown out. This is mainly in cases where the ship’s doctor can not treat you. You will be helicoptered to a hospital.
- They will also have you leave if you fail to attend you a muster drill. They’re giving you important information at these meetings. Please go to one. They will not be able to tell if you’ve gone to a hundred others , and frankly, they do not care.
- The people on the islands are going to try to sell you all kinds of things, including things that are illegal. Be very careful about what you buy. You do not want to get caught with anything illegal.
- And do not skip the security lines. I don’t care if you have contraband or not, skipping lines always make you you look suspicious.
- For some reason, cruises do not like terrorists threats or anything like that. This is not something you should do if you get bored one afternoon. They have to take things like this very seriously because they have so many People on board.
I think we are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. Please let me know your thoughts.
We started talking about things you should and should not do while on the first day of your cruise. We are going to look at some more of those today.
- Your first time in the dining room where you will will be having most of your meals, say something if you are unhappy with your seating ting arrangements. This is the best time for questions to be asked and other arrangements to be made.
- You are also going to want to let your servers know about any dietary restrictions you and your family might have. You’ll be surprised at how much these people can remember about your specific needs.
- Make your last phone calls and texts before you leave the shore. A lot of cruiselines do have internet access while you’re at sea, but unless you are going on a pretty expensive cruise, you are going to have to pay for it.
- You will also want to go to your room to make sure that everything is working to your satisfaction. This is the time to make sure that your toilet is not leaking, and that your tv is working well.
- while you’re in there, go ahead and unpack. Make sure your cabin feels nice and homey.
- Do not skip the muster drill. You will be hearing important information this meeting.
- Take a nap or lounge on your balcony. You could have a long night of fun ahead of you.
To veteran cruisers, I would love to know what your first day on board is like.
It’s Monday, and there are so many things I want to accomplish. I really do believe, and hope, that writing articles and sending them out is going to be a great way for me to get the word out about my business. And, to that end, I’m looking into taking some writing classes online.. There is also always more to learn about the travel industry. And then everything I’m doing is an effort to try to get some bookings. There’s just a lot I want to do.
Today let’s look at some of the things Norwegian Cruise Line has to offer families. Norwegian works great whether your family is just you, your husband and kids, or if you’re looking for a vacation for your parents, all your siblings and their families, and maybe some friends in for good measure.
To start with, Norwegian has something for every age group of youngsters. They call the first group Guppies, and that is for babies six months through three years. Most of their ships have this group set up as Mommy and baby playtime, but one ship in their fleet is starting to charge for babysitting this group. Their Splash Academy is for kids age three to twelve. This is a complementary program. Here they are going to be able to enjoy sports, creative play and more. They can also enjoy parties and other cool things at night. They do charge when you want to leave the kids so that you and your husband can enjoy an evening date.
dance parties and all kinds of fun things. Best of all, they are going to be with their peers, instead of with their parents. I’m not sure who will be happier about that..
And we’re just getting started on. I’m kind of going through Norwegian’s training. So we may be rtalking about Norwegian for at least a couple of days. Please let I know if you are interested in cruising with Norwegian. I would love to help you plan a trip.
As a disabled person, I pretty much have someone with me at all times. Not necessarily in my room, but in the house, or wherever I am. And of course, other people have to help me with all of my physical needs.. Part of me thinks that traveling on my own would be awesome. I would love to make all of my own decisions. But I know I would get lonely pretty quickly.. If you’re dreaming of striking out on your own, here are some places you might want to consider.
- Lombok, Indonesia is a pretty popular place for solo travelers because there are no motorized vehicles in this place. You will be able to walk around the entire in a couple of hours. This is a great place to go diving or surfing.
- This article I’m reading is saying that Jordan is a good place for solo travelers. archaeologists, and anyone who enjoys history will love this place. Or you might just like rugged places. You might want to do a hiking expedition. But this is probably not the best place for women to go alone. A lot of what these people know about Americans is from the movies. The men there might think you’re there for different reasons if you catch my drift.
- Edinburgh, the capitol of Scotland, is known for not only being beautiful, but also a very friendly place. You’ll probably be perfectly safe to stay in a hostel in this place. This is a great way to make some new friends.
I would love to know your thoughts on these places, or any questions you might have.