“…And I’ll be doing whatever snow does in summer”. Sorry, just wanted to share the song that’s been running through my mind this morning.. Summer is one of the busiest times for travel. We’ve talked about the beach. We’ve talked about what to do with children while you’re traveling. we are going to do a little something different today.
When you think of New York City, you probably think of snow, ice skating, and huddling around hot chocolate. But there is a lot of neat things to do in the summer as well. Today let’s talk about some things you might want to do in New York City this summer.
- Everyone has heard of Wall Street. But hae you heard of Brookfield Place, the former financial district? They have now turned this place into an upscale shopping and dining place. It is now called Le District, and it is the place toibe if you want French food
- They do Shakespeare in the park in Central Park. There are eighteen thousand seats in the theater. And if I’m reading this right, this is a free event.
- There are also outdoor movies you can take part in. Apparently these events take place at various times throughout the city. Take a picnic and make an evening of it.
- You just think that there is no beach in New York City. Try Jacob Riis park. This is one of the more peaceful beaches in the area. You can get away from the hustle and bustle of city life here.
- Long Island City has what is called summer Summer Summer Nights. Tare outdoor concert. The events last from three until nine, so this sounds like a good place to hang out.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
There are many, many things that I’d like to get done today. I have some things I want to try with my writing. So let me do this so that I can get to other things.
Summer will officially be here next week. But hopefully by now most everyone’s school has let out. I know when school lets out depend on a wide variety of factors. And then there are our homeschooling who might have gotten out months or might not really take a summer break. Whatever you do, I hope you take one summer vacation as a family. Today let’s take a look at some more tips for traveling with children.
- You will want to make up a little bag for each child. Put in their favorite small toys, maybe a game or two, snacks that they will enjoy. For the littler people in your family, you may even want to include a change of clothes.
- Hopefully the bags I’ve described are going to keep them busy for a good while. Consider rewarding good behavior with time on your phone or IPad.
- But keep in mind that driving time is also a good time to talk and enjoy being together. Tell stories about what things were like as you were growing up. Play games the whole family can enjoy on the road.
- While you are on vacation, you shouldn’t always be rushing from one activity to the next. Take some time each day where everyone simply reads a book or maybe watches a movie together. Probably the best time to do this is right before dinner so that everyone will enjoy the evening’s fun.
- You are going to want to pick the best accommodations for you and your family and the trip that you want to take. Some resorts cater to children, others cat to adults. You want to go some place that is going to be welcoming to your idea of fun.
Helping you plan your vacation just the way you want it is what I’m here for. Please let me know if you would like my help.
When a lot of people think of vacations in the summer, they think about going to the beach. I know the beach is beautiful and a lot of fun. But it can also be messy and a pain if you don’t do things right. Today we are going to look at some things that may help your whole experience go better.
- The problem with taking coolers to the beach is that they’re heavy and often awkward to carry. Take juice boxes and freeze them at night. And then when you go to the beach, they can help keep other things cold. And the bonus is, the juice boxes will make excellent slushies.
- Have littles that might not be ready for the ocean, but still want to play in the water? Bring a baby pool for them to play in. It will be much easier for you to keep an eye on them, and it will also probably be more relaxing for everyone.
- Love the beach, but hate the sand? Bring your baby powder. Rubbing powder wherever you wetter get sand is a great way to get all the nasty stuff to come off.
- Have you wanted a tattoo but have been afraid to get one? Do a sunscreen design on yourself. It won’t be permanent, but much maybe that is a good thing.
- Bored at the beach? Give yourself a spa day. Paint your nails. Do a facial. Give yourself a hot oil treatment. This works even better if you have friends who want to work on each other.
- But you will want to be careful about how much sun you actually get. use sunscreen and take your beach umbrella. And a beach vacation is the perfect time to catch up on your favorite shows or movies.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this.
Being kicked off a cruise is something that does happen from time to time. Sometimes it’s your fault. Sometimes it’s nothing you can not control. Here are some things you should avoid if you can.
- Cruises can kick you of if you get really sick. Now I’m not saying if you get a cold you are going to get thrown out. This is mainly in cases where the ship’s doctor can not treat you. You will be helicoptered to a hospital.
- They will also have you leave if you fail to attend you a muster drill. They’re giving you important information at these meetings. Please go to one. They will not be able to tell if you’ve gone to a hundred others , and frankly, they do not care.
- The people on the islands are going to try to sell you all kinds of things, including things that are illegal. Be very careful about what you buy. You do not want to get caught with anything illegal.
- And do not skip the security lines. I don’t care if you have contraband or not, skipping lines always make you you look suspicious.
- For some reason, cruises do not like terrorists threats or anything like that. This is not something you should do if you get bored one afternoon. They have to take things like this very seriously because they have so many People on board.
I think we are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. Please let me know your thoughts.
We started talking about things you should and should not do while on the first day of your cruise. We are going to look at some more of those today.
- Your first time in the dining room where you will will be having most of your meals, say something if you are unhappy with your seating ting arrangements. This is the best time for questions to be asked and other arrangements to be made.
- You are also going to want to let your servers know about any dietary restrictions you and your family might have. You’ll be surprised at how much these people can remember about your specific needs.
- Make your last phone calls and texts before you leave the shore. A lot of cruiselines do have internet access while you’re at sea, but unless you are going on a pretty expensive cruise, you are going to have to pay for it.
- You will also want to go to your room to make sure that everything is working to your satisfaction. This is the time to make sure that your toilet is not leaking, and that your tv is working well.
- while you’re in there, go ahead and unpack. Make sure your cabin feels nice and homey.
- Do not skip the muster drill. You will be hearing important information this meeting.
- Take a nap or lounge on your balcony. You could have a long night of fun ahead of you.
To veteran cruisers, I would love to know what your first day on board is like.
It’s Monday, and there are so many things I want to accomplish. I really do believe, and hope, that writing articles and sending them out is going to be a great way for me to get the word out about my business. And, to that end, I’m looking into taking some writing classes online.. There is also always more to learn about the travel industry. And then everything I’m doing is an effort to try to get some bookings. There’s just a lot I want to do.
Today let’s look at some of the things Norwegian Cruise Line has to offer families. Norwegian works great whether your family is just you, your husband and kids, or if you’re looking for a vacation for your parents, all your siblings and their families, and maybe some friends in for good measure.
To start with, Norwegian has something for every age group of youngsters. They call the first group Guppies, and that is for babies six months through three years. Most of their ships have this group set up as Mommy and baby playtime, but one ship in their fleet is starting to charge for babysitting this group. Their Splash Academy is for kids age three to twelve. This is a complementary program. Here they are going to be able to enjoy sports, creative play and more. They can also enjoy parties and other cool things at night. They do charge when you want to leave the kids so that you and your husband can enjoy an evening date.
dance parties and all kinds of fun things. Best of all, they are going to be with their peers, instead of with their parents. I’m not sure who will be happier about that..
And we’re just getting started on. I’m kind of going through Norwegian’s training. So we may be rtalking about Norwegian for at least a couple of days. Please let I know if you are interested in cruising with Norwegian. I would love to help you plan a trip.
As a disabled person, I pretty much have someone with me at all times. Not necessarily in my room, but in the house, or wherever I am. And of course, other people have to help me with all of my physical needs.. Part of me thinks that traveling on my own would be awesome. I would love to make all of my own decisions. But I know I would get lonely pretty quickly.. If you’re dreaming of striking out on your own, here are some places you might want to consider.
- Lombok, Indonesia is a pretty popular place for solo travelers because there are no motorized vehicles in this place. You will be able to walk around the entire in a couple of hours. This is a great place to go diving or surfing.
- This article I’m reading is saying that Jordan is a good place for solo travelers. archaeologists, and anyone who enjoys history will love this place. Or you might just like rugged places. You might want to do a hiking expedition. But this is probably not the best place for women to go alone. A lot of what these people know about Americans is from the movies. The men there might think you’re there for different reasons if you catch my drift.
- Edinburgh, the capitol of Scotland, is known for not only being beautiful, but also a very friendly place. You’ll probably be perfectly safe to stay in a hostel in this place. This is a great way to make some new friends.
I would love to know your thoughts on these places, or any questions you might have.
Sometime in the next month or two, college kids are going to go on spring break. If you are a college student, or know a college student, here are some tips to make your trip fantastic.
- First, no matter where you are going, you are not too far out to book your trip. Unfortunately, it is quite the opposite. Most anything you are going to book now is going to be pretty expensive.. The time you should plan for a spring break is October. But booking now is better than doing everything at the last minute , like when you get to your chosen destination.
- Be wise with what you do with what you do with your money and travel documents. Keep them in a safe place where you are staying. You may think you know your friends, both the one you’re traveling with, and the ones you meet there. But it is always wisest to be cautious.
- Think it would cost too much to go out of the country? Think again. A lot of other countries have a lower of living than what we do here. Most of the European countries and even Cancun have a lower cost of living. A word of caution about Cancun, it is going to be very crowded at this time.
- College students, if this is your first trip without your parents, or other chaperones, the temptation might be to go wild, but please don’t. Be on your guard. It might be wise to pretend your grandparents are with you on vacation with you , and don’t do anything you wouldn’t do if they really were.
- All inclusive resorts may have the best deals around. But unfortunately for college students, resorts usually want to see at least one person who is over twenty-five. So, do you have an older friend you’d like to take with you on this vacation? Disney’s resorts have an eighteen year old age limit, so that’s one alternative.
I would love to know what your spring break plans are. Feel like sharing?
I have several things I would like to get done today. My computer has been giving me fits, but let’s get started.
- Group travel can be a lot of fun. This is a great way to catch up with family and friends. But at the same time, being in a group makes ions more complicated. Sometimes you want the freedom to go and to do whatever you want whenever you feel like It. Sometimes the people whose country you are visiting will invite you to their house for a meal. Maybe this would make your family uncomfortable, but you would love to do this. After all, eating in a home can be a lot different than eating in a restaurant.. If you travel by yourself, you do not have to worry about if the other people enjoy what you are doing.
- Some people think that if you are going to do a solo trip, it has to be this huge, life-altering experience. It can be whatever you want to be. It can be something as simple as a weekend getaway, where you just get in your car drive , stopping wherever you feel like it. Or maybe there is a certain country you’ve always wanted to explore. You might want to take smaller trips and work your way up to a bigger trip.
- I’m sorry, feminists, but there are just certain things that make us women more vulnerable. And that is true both physically and emotionally. If you’re married, or are uninterested in pursuing a long distance relationship, wear a ring on your left hand. You might want to join a group of other ladies who are traveling..
Again I would love to know your thoughts about all this. Have you ever tred alone?
I have a lot going on. I have a couple of people I’m talking to about booking trips, and I would love to get at least a good start on those before I leave. I’ve had my first article published,, but it was published with a caveat, so I’m trying to figure that out.. And meanwhile, the countdown is on until I leave on my big trip.
I am not traveling by myself. My disability makes that pretty much impossible. But I did think this article was pretty interesting..So let’s discuss this today.
- If you choose to travel by yourself , you are not necessarily choosing to spending your travel time completely by yourself. Solo travel is becoming increasingly popular, and those travelers like to meet up with one another. They like to swap stories, and may even do some traveling together.
- Solo travel is not only for those who are single. Married couples can have varied interests. And sometimes couples want to take a trip together, but may not want to be together 100% of the time.
- Traveling alone can help break you out of your shell. It can get pretty boring and lonely if you never talk to anyone. If you are truly bad about starting a conversation, let someone approach you first. The thing you have to do is to be where other people are. You can hole up with you computer when you’re at home, or even early in the morning or late at night. You’re taking a trip for a reason, please make the most of it.
- If you are traveling by yourself and using good judgment, you should have no big problems. Listen to the locals and take their advice. Use caution in the things that you do. Don’t get drunk when you don’t know anyone around. Try to stay in pretty lit places.
I think we are going to look at this some more tomorrow. Please let me know your thoughts.