Earlier this week, we were talking about traveling with kids, and how to do that right. But what about when the four-footed members of your family come along? Today let’s look at some tips that might help you with that.
- I have seen a lot of hotels that advertise that they are pet a friendly. But I’m not sure that means the same thing to everyone. So you will want to call ahead to make sure your dog will have everything he needs.
- Before you leave on your expedition might be a great time to take your pet to the vet, just to make sure that there are no health problems to watch out for along the way.
- Some hotels, campgrounds, and other accommodations provide everything you may need for your pet. But that is the exception and not the rule. So at the minimum, you will want to take your dog’s food and a leash. Did the vet put your dog on any medicine? Be sure not to forget that.
- Buckle up for safety, ever heard that expression? That’s true not just for you, but also for your pet. Pet stores sell doggie seats and harnesses. And keeping your dog secure also means that your pet will not do anything crazy while you’re driving keeping you safer as well.
- Going to the bathroom, it’s something all of us do. Does your pet go on command? That’s something you might want to work on before your trip. It will make bathroom breaks quicker, and will enable your pet to get used to going anywhere.
- Your pet is going to need to take a break out of the car every few hours. Factor those stops in when you’re considering your overall driving time. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Look up some vets in the place you are going just in case an emergency comes up. Keep that information on your phone.
- Never feed your dog right before your trip. Feeding them a couple of hours will help ensure that your dog will not make a mess in your car.
- Take your pet on a test drive just to make sure they do well in the car. Drive for at least an hour or two to make sure they do well. If they do not well on that drive, you are going to be better off to find a dog sitter for your trip.
You might be starting out on this adventure called travel, and you may have more questions than answers about everything when it comes to travel. We started this discussion yesterday, so please go back and read those tips as well. Rxandom tips #1
- Okay, let’s get real here, we tend to be pretty spoiled when it comes to cleanliness. When you visit other countries, they might not have the same standards, especially in the bathrooms. You might want to seriously consider bringing your shower shoes.
- Part of the joy of traveling is experiencing different foods. Try the local cuisine. You might not like all the food, but you might be surprised at just how much you do enjoy not. Personally my favorite places to go would be the bakeries. To my way of thinking, you can always find good bread, and I pretty much always enjoy pastries.
- You will want to visit the market of any city you might visit. It is interesting to look at the places the locals shop. You can find out a lot about the culture this way. And you may also meet some interesting people too.
- Research the city, or cities, you are going to visit and find out about the transportation system. If you have a friend who has been to the place you are about to visit, pick their brains about it. Sometimes the bus system simply is not safe. But if you will be safe, you might get to some places that you will not be able to get to by taxi.
- Did your mother teach you to ALWAYS carry tissues with you. They’re extremely light, but can be used in so many ways.
- You do not want to only go to McDonald’s and Starbucks while you are out of the country, but you might not want to completely ignore them either. If nothing else, they are likely cleaner bathrooms and free internet.
We will get back to this discussion tomorrow.
When you get ready to go on vacation, most people tend to get in a hurry and may tend to forget things. Let’s look at some things you may not want to forget.
- Let’s face it. Airlines are run by humans, and we humans can mess up from time to time. Thankfully I do not have personal experience with this, but luggage can get lost. Please pack one complete outfit in your carryon in case something should happen to your luggage. I would pack your toothbrush and other essentials in there as well.
- People make all kinds of things that will help you pack more into a smaller space. Making use of those things on road trips is great. But remember that on airplanes you are limited by size and weight.
- I know that a lot of women feel that it is important to look nice wherever they go. Nothing wrong with that. But consider taking things that will kind of mix and match. This might mean taking a little more time to think through things while packing, but you will be glad once you get there.
- Put your toiletry items into their own bag. You don’t want anything leaking on your clothes. You may want to bring extra bags for your return trip.
I know that there is a lot going on in our world these days. And I’m talking about everything from natural disasters, to epidemics, to mass shootings. People may be trying to decide whether or not it is safe to travel anywhere anymore. With few exceptions it should be are safe to travel anywhere you want, let’s look at few suggestions that will help keep you safe.
- First, when you know you’re interested in going anywhere, start checking the news. Read up on the things that are going on there. If you start to feel uncomfortable about a place before you go on your trip, you can always change your mind. Watching some news while you’re on your trip is also a good idea.
- It is also a good idea to stay in groups while you travel. Groups are much less like to be robbed from or taken advantage of. If you are doing a solo trip, consider joining a group you meet while you’re on the road.
- Doing your sightseeing during the day is always the best idea. When you do go out at night, stay in places where there are crowds.
I’m sorry if my posts seem a little disjointed I have several things going. We’re in the midst of having several things to do with friends and making some decisions about my future. I’m doing what I can to work in between the other things. But anyway..
When you think of London, surely one place that comes to mind to visit is the infamous Tower of London. A lot of famous people have been kept here, including some kings or their wives. Sir Walter Raleigh was held captive in this place for over seventeen years. You might also want to see the crown jewels. It looks like you will need to set up a guided tour in order to get look at these.
Let’s move our discussion from London to the Cayman islands. These islands make up part of the Caribbean. But these islands are more sophisticated. Tourism and finance are the biggest industries here, which means that they enjoy a pretty high standard of living. To be honest, you are going to find their prices slightly higher, but they do have exceptional service.
Let’s stop here for today. We will talk more about the Cayman Islands tomorrow.
Today let’s look at some of the features of the new Carnival ship that they’ve named Carnival Horizon. This ship is going to have a lot in common with its sister ship Carnival Vista.
For starters, Horizon is going to have a couple of new restaurants. People should be impressed with their teppanyaki restaurant. There is also a new restaurant coming out by Mr. Guy Ferrar called Guy’s Pig and Anchor Smokehouse. The restaurant will serve barbecue favorites and some new crafted beers that they will make on board.
Horizon will have some of the fastest internet on board a cruise. To give you an idea of how fast this internet is, people should have no problems accessing Facebook Lives on board.
This new ship is going to have “destination elevators”, which kind of sound like something out of Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. Before you step into the elevator, you will go on and select your destination by touchscreen. Once you’re inside, all you will have to worry about is opening and closing the elevator.
The new ship is also going to have a Cat-in-the-Hat themed waterpark. It sounds like there will be a lot of brightly colored slides.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. I would also love to help you book a cruise. Please let me know if you are interested.
Let’s do something a little different today. Mexico, it’s one place that some people think you should avoid, and others say that this is a great time to visit. What I’ve heard as far as safety goes is that staying on resort property, you should be perfectly safe. If you’re looking for an inexpensive trip to Mexico, now may be one of the best times to go.
Like I said earlier, staying at a resort is your best bets when it comes to your safety, and fortunately Mexico has a lot of resorts you can choose from. And many of these will be all inclusives. That means that you will get your room, food, beverages and activities for one price. You will want to be sure to read the fine print to know exactly what is or is not included. Or if I book your trip, I can help you figure out all the details.
Where you book your trip in Mexico can have a huge impact on how much you will spend on your trip. For example, Los Cabos is a very inexpensive place to travel to. You may be surprised at how beautiful this place is. You will find plenty to do and lots of great food to enjoy.
Rivera Maya will have many different resorts you could choose from. The beaches there are absolutely stunning. Cancun would be another pretty inexpensive place to visit. You should be warned that this is a place where people will go to party. Are you looking to explore ancient Mayan Ruins? You will want to visit Tulum, which is a very quiet place.
If you’d like to try to visit Mexico at no cost, consider getting a Hyatt credit card. This will allow you to save up points which you will be able to spend on your hotel stays.
Do you have any questions? Please let me know.
I had trouble with my communication device, which is why I didn’t post. I’m not sure what’s going on with this thing. We’re trying to figure this out. But if I miss another day, that is probably why. I havends that are talking about going to Irelan, so I’m interested in finding out more about the place. And I figured that it might make an interesting blog post.
When you visit a place, it’s nice to know their rules and pet peeves so that you don’t offend anyone. That is true whether you’re visiting a country or a family. Let’s look at some things you might want to keep in mind on your next trip to Ireland.
- We think it’s cute when we ask the Irish about Leprechauns. They do not. They have gotten that question so much that they’re sick of it. Be nice, and do not ask about the magical creatures.
- Again contrary to our way of thinking, the Irish do not eat corned beef and cabbage. We consider it their national dish and figure that it has to be served in just about any pub. Again, that is simply not true. This is not a dish that the Irish eat. You might find corned beef and cabbage in a pub that specifically caters to tourists.
- Do you like it when people try to mimic you, and it just comes out all wrong? No? The Irish do not like it when you try to mimic their accent. It just comes out wrong and seems rude.
- Most Irish, and for that matter most Europeans, tend to be pretty in their thinking. You might not want to get into a discussion of your great love for Trump or whoever.
I’ve been looking into some other business stuff, trying to figure out a good place to send articles to. I would love to find a website that loved my work, and would accept anything I would send. ut I’m just starting out on this journey, sometimes I have to remind myself of that. But I do want to make sure that I get my normal stuff done.
Has anyone ever given you advice, and maybe you accepted it at first. But after a while you started thinking about it, and it just did not sound right? Today we are going to look at some travel advice that you might not want to follow.
- Always stay off the beaten path. You might find that the hotel that is outside the city is less expensive, but then again you might not. There is also the fact that if you do stay outside the city, you are going to have to drive a while to get to the attractions you are going to see. And that is especially true with gas prices as high as they are. And then there is also the question of safety. You might think you’re safer outside the city. But there is safety in numbers, as the saying goes.
- Don’t fall for all those tourists’ traps. Okay, there are reasons that these places are as famous as they are. Most people like to see these things at least once in their lives. Besides it’s kind of nice to be in the hustle and bustle sometimes. You might want to spread the major attractions out so that you don’t feel like you’re sitting in line the whole time, but do see them. Those are the places your friends will ask about once you’re home.
- You will be in constant danger if you visit this place. You never know when something might happen wherever you go. If the place you want to go has health warnings or something like that, there are always precautions you can take. And places that people are afraid to visit because of violence, you can usually come up with ways to avoid the dangerous areas. That is one reason it’s good to book with a travel agent. I can help you figure out what’s safe and what isn’t.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this, even if you disagree. Please let me know.
I have several things I want to accomplish today, so let me go on and do this.
Living with a disability makes life more difficult. Sorry.. I know some people who say that their disability is a gift and that they wouldn’t trade places with nondisabled people. And I guess I can see how disability shapes us. But if given the opportunity, I would love to be made well… But anyway, let’s look at some more thoughts on disability travel.
- Having a disability makes it more important to plan out your trips. You’ll want to let the people at your airline, the hotel people, and any other travel vendors know about your disability. This allows them to better serve you. Let them know in adadvance that you are going to need that extra outlet in that room, or that it is imperative that you have a refrigerator for your medication.
- You know yourself and your energy level better than anyone. If your most energetic times are in the mornings, let that be the time you do your big outings. Do you rest most afternoons. Do the same when you go on vacations. Especially when we’re disabled, our bodies do not like getting off our routines.
- You may want to purchase travel insurance specifically with your health in mind. A lot of health insurance companies will not cover you once you leave the United States. Make sure you have everything you might need as far s insurance.
Having a disability makes it more important to plan out your trips. You’ll want to let the people at your airline, the hotel people, and any other travel vendors know about your disability. This allows them to better serve you. Let them know in adadvance that you are going to need that extra outlet in that room, or that it is imperative that you have a refrigerator for your medication.
- Are you going to need a wheelchair? I’m laughing at this because my wheelchair goes with me wherever I go 99.9% of the time. But I know some people who can walk some, but need a wheelchair for the long distances. Or maybe you use a power chair, but it might not work everywhere you would.
Let me know if you have any questions about this.