Have you ever been on a cruise? Do you go to the ports? Some people go on cruises just to be on those fantastic ships and take advantage of all that they have to offer. Let’s get back to our discussion about what to expect when you go on a shore excursion.
- Okay, in a lot of places where you are going to need visas, the ship itself is going to take care of all of that. Your cruise will be able to let you know when you will need to make visa arrangements. Ask if you aren’t sure.
- How long are we going to be in port? That varies quite lot. Some cruises are going to give you as little as fifteen minutes, but I don’t think that is very typical. Some cruises are meant to be destination immersion experiences, and they are going to give you maybe a couple of overnight excursions. Normally though, you will have somewhere between five and nine hours in any given port.
- And it will also vary greatly how far the cruise people are going to get you to the places that you will want to be when you are in port sometimes you will let off steps from where you will want to be. Other times, you will need to take a bus or taxi.
- You can go between the port and your ship as often as you’d like. But sometimes you will need to stand in line to get back and forth.
If you have never been a cruise, one of the things that you may want to know more about is cruise excursions. Today we are going to discuss this very thing. Let’s get started.
- First, pretty much everything that you are going to do on a cruise is optional. And while this was not always the case, cruise ship these days usually have lots you can do online. You can do anything you want whenever you feel like it. And while a lot of people are on the shore excursions is a more relaxing time to enjoy the ship. But that is a topic for another day, because today we are talking about excursions themselves.
- You may wonder how you get off of the ship. Usually the ship is going to arrive in the port in the early morning. People from the ship will handle all of the logistics and legalities. Once everything is ready, it will be announced over the loud speakers that passengers should begin disembarking. Many times, those who are in a higher class room, and those who have paid a premium to do so, will be allowed to disembark first.
- You will need to take your cruise card because you won’t be able to get off the ship or return to it without it, so don’t forget it. In most places, you will also need your passport. You will also want to bring water bottles, snacks, swim suit, and things like that, things that you might need for a day of leisure.
Let’s get back to our discussion of some of the best places around the world. You may be getting the itch and want to travel right away. Or you may still think it’s best to wait a while. Either way, here are some ideas for when you are ready to travel.
- And the first place we are going to look at today is Austria. Have you ever watched the Sound of Music? This movie is set in Austria. Not long ago, the country was seen as beautiful without question, but otherwise pretty unexciting to go to. But the country has reinvented itself, and has made itself more attractive, especially to the younger set. Here you can tour a lot of art galleries. This year is especially full of musical celebrations. And they have a lot of nice new hotels.
- Are you trying to get South of the border, and by that I mean Mexico? You might want to try Baja Sur’s East Cape. There Four Seasons has built a built a new resort. It does not sound like it is huge as they have only about 140 room. But here they have pools, golf course, and beach front you can enjoy. This is an area where beach meets mountains meets desert, so be sure to get off the resort and explore.
- Do you love visiting islands? You might want to try Barbados. Like us, this was another British colony they seem to be pretty to be pretty much always down for a party. And I think they are holding a year long festival this year. This article does not say whether this has changed because of Covid.
Photo by Anna Tukhfatullina Food Photographer/Stylist on Pexels.com
Do you want to know more about some of the best places to travel to. First, these places are not my picks, I’m taking it from an article as usual. So let’s start by looking at some of the criteria they used when deciding on these specific places. And I should probably mention that this is taken from Travel + Leisure’s website. They have listed the most popular places, and looked at a lot of different place on the web to get this information. They are looking at great restaurants, great new hotels, and they also also a lot to the professionals. So without further ado, let’s get started on some of these destinations.
- And today we are going to start with Addis Abada, Ethiopia. One of the things that you may find interesting is Menelik Palace. For nearly the first forty years of its existence, this palace was closed to all visitors. But the new prime minister has now opened it up. They have also recently expanded their airport. They have a museum that features both old and new Ethiopian trinkets and treasures. They also have other art galleries.
- Have you Ever wanted to to visit Peru? You might want to try Arequipa. For starters, it has some absolutely fascinating architecture. They have recently built some much-needed hotels in this city. But the hotels have not taken away from the old city charm, the hotels were built to fit right in. They also have some fantastic restaurants that you will want to try.
- Are you looking for something a little closer to home? I hear that Asheville, North Carolina is an up and coming destination. There are a lot of breweries that you can explore. People were doing farm to table here before it became a popular thing. You will find art galleries and interesting places to shop.
We are going to get back to our discussion on road trips, and how to make them the best they can be.
- You probably want to pack a cooler an. Yes, I know that restaurants are opening up, and there are always food drive throughs and gas stations where you can get food. But it gets old having to stop every time you’d like something to eat. Besides, you might feel the need to eat something healthy, and you might not find that as easily when you are on the road.
- Some people want to plan out every minute of their trip. That is not wise to do. This is vacation, you are supposed to be relaxing. You might want to stop somewhere you did not know about when you started out. Your kids will probably be disappointed if you don’t spend most evenings by the hotel pool.
- You are also going to want to do your best to keep your car clean. Make a space where most of your stuff will go. Have each child pack a small bag of stuff that will keep them entertained while you are traveling. And make yourself do a little straightening when you stop for the evening.
- Make yourself stop every couple of hours at least. Long drives in the car can get pretty boring, especially for little people. Stop at interesting places that you see along the way. Get everyone treats to enjoy.
The road trip may be one of the most viable trip options these days. And besides, road trips are going to give you a lot of flexibility to go and do whatever you want whenever you feel like it. Not many other trips can give you that kind of freedom. Today let’s look at some things you should do if you take one of these road trips.
- First, you will want to take your car to your mechanic and make sure your car is in good working order before you leave on your trip. You don’t want to get stuck out in the middle of nowhere unable to get your car to work.
- You will also want to make sure you have everything in order before you leave your home. Is your grass mowed? Do you have someone to get your mail? What are you going to do with your pets while you are away? Don’t be afraid to hire someone. A lot of people are out of work and would be happy to take even a small job.
- Most hotels are going to have wifi. Make sure you have everything you will need for the day by the time you head out each day. That includes the maps you might need. And also think about any entertainment you and your children might want while you are on the road.
- You are going to want to have everything you’ll need for your phone. Bring your normal charger and your car charger. If you don’t have one already, buy a phone holder for your phone.
It is Saturday morning, time to finish up work for the week. So let me get started so I can get finished. As always, let me know if you are interested in planning a cruise with me. I would be more than happy to help you plan any trips. My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org, and that is the best way to reach me.
- It is just a fact of life that some people we enjoy more than others. A lot of cruises have gone to eat wherever you want whenever you feel like it. But some cruises still do certain people at certain tables at the same times each day. What happens when you do not like someone who is sitting at your table? Most likely you’ll be eating with different people at each meal. Look for people that you enjoy being with. If you do get stuck with people that you like, you can always eat at other places.
- Some people wonder if they need to take their beach towels. And the answer is that you don’t. Like hotels, cruises provide towels. Now some cruises are going to charge you for towels since they are so easy to leave behind.
- Most people love to be by the pool. How do you get the nice spots by the pool? Be friendly, ask your fellow cruisers about which chair are taken and which are not.
- Can you do laundry on a cruise? There are so many kinds of clothes that you need to take. A lot of cruises are going to do your laundry for a fee. A lot of ships are also going to have laundromats that you can use. You usually have to have your quarters. “
I think, I hope, that yesterday was kind of a last “hurrah” from my “summer break”, and that things should return to normal for a while. We’ll see what actually happens.
But today let’s talk about some things that you might not actually think about when it comes to cruising.
- First, will you need to buy drinkable water? The water on the ship, both in the bathrooms and in the restaurants, are perfectly fine to drink. The ships make sure of that. But some people do not especially like the water that is on on the ship. There is bottled to be had, but that usually comes at a price.
- Many cruises are going to give you a credit card type thing that is going to be your room key, how you’ll pay for everything, etc. But with all of the fun you’ll be having, you might not want to carry a purse or wallet everywhere. You can carry the card in your pocket, or wear one of those necklaces where you can carry cards. A lot of people wear those these days. And always put it in the same place in your room so you’ll remember.
- We are a people that loves phones. Everyone has them. How do we function without them? Will you have internet on your cruise? The cruise ship should allow you to text via their app.. Otherwise you’ll just have to agree on times to meet in person and things like that.
Today let’s look at some things you could do on the OasIs class ships on Royal Caribbean. I would love to know if you would like to take a cruise sometime and would like me to help you plan one.
- And the first one we are going to look at is, they have a great carousel that you can ride. That would be a great thing for you and your family to do together. Everyone can ride on different animals, it isn’t only horses. It’s also disability friendly.
- Do you like getting wet when you are watching a show? If you don’t, sit above the first few rows. There are different shows you can watch here. And although the show is free, you will need to make reservations in order to get in.
- You are going to also be able to ice skate if you would like. I don’t think you will need to pay anything to skate. You can also bring your own skates if you are that professional. However, you will need to check the schedule because they are not opened all of the time.
- And this is because they also have laser tag in this arena. Kids of all ages will love this. Smaller kids are going to need to be accompanied by adult, but everyone should be able to play.
Let’s face it. Traveling with kids can always be somewhat daunting. Traveling internationally can feel even more scary. Today let’s look at some tips that might help you feel better about giving your children this grand experience.
If you are going somewhere where you think you and your children might get diseases, you will want to set up a visit with your doctor three months before you are to leave. There are some shots that you are required to get if you are going to go certain places. There are also some other shots that are recommended. Get whatever will make you the most comfortable.
Of course, you have to have passports for everyone and and that does include your baby. Passports need to be valid for six months after you are supposed to be home from your travels. Make sure that everyone is good on that score.
Long flights are always a pain. And little ones don’t understand why they have to sit still for so long. You do not want to be the one with the screaming baby on that airplane. Bring new toys, new books, and new apps with you. Bring favorite snacks that are not messy. Learn some basics of the language of the people you are going to visit, phrases like “please”, “thank you”, things like that. And then teach them to your children. Your hosts will love it.