here do you want to go for spring break? And it is not too early to start looking at what you might want to do for your summer vacation. Let’s look at some destinations.
- We are going to start with Martha’s vineyard in Massachusetts. This is a very popular destination spot during the summer months, but in spring it is fairly quiet. You will want to look at their lighthouse, and they also have a great carousel. You will also find some great chowder.
- Okay, so what is there to do in Michigan? Everyone is thawing out up there after the the long winter, and Traverse City is the place that everyone wants to be. They have a lot of trails where people can hike. They also have some nice wineries.
- In Minnesota, it is possible to get snow in the early days of spring. That may appeal to some of us who live in the South. The city of Duluth has the Aerial Lift Bridge, which is our country’s first transporter bridge. You will also find some nice parks to enjoy great outdoors.
We are not even halfway through the States. And I haven’t decided whether we are going to go through all fifty. We’ll see what happens.
- Today we are going to start with Kentucky. And here we’ll be looking at Lexington. Do you have any children that absolutely love horses? This is horse country for sure. You’ll want to go to Kentucky Horse Farm. You can take horse-drawn carriage rides. You might want to stay at the 21c Museum Hotel Lexington which is a hotel inside an art museum.
- Lake Charles, Louisiana is another underrated destination. They have several casinos for those that like to play.. They also have some great places to eat.
- Portland, Maine is an up and coming destination. They have some great festivals here, such as the Maine Restaurant Week which is the first part of March. It looks like it will be going on almost two weeks. You will find some great bed and breakfasts as well as some nice restaurants.
- Are your kids begging for a beach vacation, but you parents don’t want to be in all of the crowds? You might want to try Ocean City which is in Maryland. Springtime sees few crowds which also means that you’ll find some incredible prices on your accommodations.
Let’s get back to our discussion of some great destinations for spring break. If you would like me to help you plan a trip, I would be more than happy to help you. Please let me know at email@example.com.
- Our first state we are going to look at today is Illinois. Okay, in Illinois you would think that I would be talking about Chicago with all there is to do and see there, all the museums, their zoo, as well as all the amazing food to be had there. But instead we are going to talk about Peroia. You will love Peroia if you have a keen interest in trains. They have a train station there. They also have some amazing restaurants.
- If you think you might like to do more than one city in one trip, you might want to try to visit Peroia and then this fair city of Fort Wayne, which is in Indiana. These cities are about five hours apart. This is the burial place of the famous Johnny Appleseed, they have turned this place into a nice park. They also have a great children’s zoo. This city happens to be close to Chicago.
- Do you and your family just love reading and watching movies about the Wild West? You will love visiting Dodge City, Kansas. They have a lot of interesting old buildings. Your family will also love all the cowboy statues they have around the city. Something parents might love even more is that this city is pretty budget friendly.
Have you deciding where you want to go on spring break this year? We are going to take a look at some more options for you.
- And speaking of options, when it comes to spring break, Florida has a lot of options for you. There is Tampa, orlando, and do not forget Panama City Beach. But today we are going to look at the Destin/Emerald Coast area. This is your typical beach area. Emerald Coast is farther from the beach. You are going to find a lot of cute little shops and some nice restaurants. Destin has more of the glitz and glamour. They have the amusement park rides and the big shopping centers.
- While we usually think of beaches as for the young, or the young at heart, Savannah, Georgia seems to be for the more mature. You are going to find beautiful weather here in late March and April. You will also love their huge selection of restaurants where you can find everything from comfort food to barbecue or seafood.
- And now we come to Hawaii, and the city we are going to look at here is Kailua. This is Hawaii, you are going to find some amazing beaches. This city is near honolulu, so you can go enjoy all the action you want and return to the peaceful town at night.
- Idaho has this great town called Sun valley. This is a ski reesort town, but in the spring time it is pretty quiet. This is a great place to camp. Or you might want to stay in a tree house or yacht.
It’s that time of year again. You’re trying to figure out what to do with you’re children when they have their spring. Should you get them a babysitter? Should you ask your parents to come watch them? Why not take sometime off of work and take a family vacation? Don’t know where to go? Keep reading.
- Laguna Beach, California is not just for the rich and famous. Not only are you going to find some beautiful beaches, you will also find some fantastic art galleries. Those who enjoy snorkeling will want to get to Shaw’s Cove. And this place will be able to accommodate you no matter your budget.
- Are you looking for a great place to hike and bike? Sounds like you might want to check out Crested Butte, Colorado. The mountains are absolutely beautiful. And there is a great restaurant named Crested Butte Burger Company which will serve 100% Angus beef hamburgers and french fries made from Colorado potatoes.
- Does your family love art, history and culture? Are you big fans of Mark Twain? Visit Hartford, Connecticut. They have twain’s house and a museum about him. You are going to be able to enjoy getting up close and personal with farm animals. And just bask in the glory of spring.
- Do you live in Delaware and want to go somewhere nearby. Vacation in Rehoboth Beach. This sounds like a charming town, full of shops and restaurants. They have a state park which offers a lot of outdoors fun.
I know that it is still pretty early in February, but it is not too early to think about and start planning your spring break vacation. This coming week we are going to take a look at places you might want to go right here within our great United States.
- Today we are going to start with Gulf Shores which is in Alabama. I’m not sure how this might coincide with your school’s spring break, but this city has a great music festival on their beautiful beaches in the middle of May.
- Have you ever been to Alaska? You might like to visit Anchorage which is their largest city. While there is plenty to see and do in this city, especially in the way of cultural events, you will also be close to the Alaskan wilderness. And not only is their wilderness breathtaking, you will be able to see a lot of animals as well.
- Is your dream trip taking part in water sports during the day and relaxing on the boat in the evening? If this is your ideal, try Lake Havasu City in Arizona. This is also a beautiful city to visit in general.
- I don’t know about you, but I love hot baths. Going somewhere with natural hot springs? I think I would love that too. If this is something you think you might enjoy as well, go to Hot Springs, Arkansas. This makes the perfect spa vacation.
Yesterday we were talking about why we Americans are traveling these days.. We talk about cruising a lot this blog. But today let’s start taking a look at why people cruise.
- Okay, yeah, in the olden days, cruises were all about over indulgence. Cruise ships had all of these buffets, and part of what “getting your money’s worth” meant was eating until you were sick. And while you can still do that, cruises are likely to always have buffets, cruises look at popular trends that are taking place. They know that staying fit is important to a lot of us. They are going to have healthy alternatives, and a lot of them are going to cater to special diets like gluten-free. Ships are also going to have fitness centers where you can work out. They will also have personal trainers that will be available for you.
- Do you and your kids love being other places, but hate the actual travel itself? That is another beautiful thing about cruises. You can be on your ship, enjoying yourselves in any number of ways, while the ship takes you to your destinations. This way you will not be stuck in cramped quarters while you go from here to there. Most ships travel by night which is an added bonus.
- On cruises you will usually go to several destinations on the same trip. But you will be staying in the same room your whole trip. Put your clothes away where you want them, and they’ll stay there your whole trip.
Okay, we’re always talking about travel on this blog. And we’ve talked about how many of us Americans do not travel. Or maybe I should say that many Americans are not taking long trips, because they don’t want to leave their jobs only to come back and find that their boss has decided that they are no longer necessary. But today, let’s look at some reasons why Americans do travel.
- First of all, we want to have some great experiences to tell about. Maybe we want some new story to share around the Sunday dinner table. Or maybe we want some new material for water cooler discussions.
- We also want to impress people with the places we’ve been. We may even want to make them a friends a little jealous as they scroll through our Facebook or Instagram posts.
- We may even decides to go somewhere because someone we know has been to that place, and we really like what we see. We want to see our faces in those places.
- We also want our share of adventure. A lot of us are even willing to take some risks in order to achieve that.
I would love to help you plan your next trip. So please let me know if somewhere I’m talking about catches your eye.
- The first place we are going to at today is Montego Bay which is in Jamaica. Not only does this place have some great resorts, you will also be close to both Ochos Rios and Negril. All three places have gorgeous beaches. You will also be near Dunn’s River’s Falls.
- I am a Christian and know Islam to be a false religion. But I do have friends who have studied Islam in order to witness to Muslims. I’ve said all that to say that Doha might be a fascinating place for someone interested in that culture. They have the Museum of Islamic Art which is built on its own island. You may also want to watch their train horses.
- I know that a lot of cruises make stops in Nassau. But what is there to do? First, there are some of the most beautiful beaches you’ve ever seen. They have a fascinating conservation program you might want to take a look at. And they also have some great nightclubs for your evening’s entertainment.
- Are you interested in the Apartheid? You should check out Johannesburg. Mandela’s house is a must, and so is the Apartheid’s museum. They also have some fantastic zooes, hello, this is Africa. And they have some great dining options as well.
I have some ideas I want to work on for the business. I can’t say they’re really new ideas, but I think I have some time to work on them coming up. But first, to make sure that this gets done. Let’s get back to our discussion of different destinations you might want to consider.
- And today let’s start with Lima, Peru. This is an old city that is brimming with art and culture and you will want to explore that. You may also want to enjoy surfing and paragliding on their beautiful sea. Oh of course, they also have some excellent cuisine that you will want to try.
- There is no question that Mexico has some wonderful resorts, especially on some of their beautiful beaches. But have you tried Mexico City itself? I hear that one of the best parts of this city is the people. There is also plenty to see and do here.
- We may not think of Africa as a hip destination, but it is becoming more and more popular. People are loving doing these safari trips. And if you go to Nairobi, you can do safari trips during the day, and then maybe you’ll want to do some shopping or check out some of their nightlife. You might also want to check out their rugby and their theater.
- Have you ever heard of Zadar? This is a city on the coast of Croatia. This is one of the absolute most beautiful cities in the world. It is also a very old city. The country of Jordan is is one of the safest places in the Middle East.
- And the city of Ammon will make you want to extend your trip, especially if you are a foodie. They have fantastic food and coffee.
- Or you might want to go to Korea. If that’s your dream destination, you might want to consider Seoul. They have a great palace, I’m not even going to try to spell the name. You will also want to visit Namdaemun Market which has everything you can imagine and more.