Summer is going to be here before you know it. Do you know what you are going to do for summer vacation. [I know spring break comes first, if you want help planning a trip, please let me know. I would love to help.] If You have kids complaining that you always do the same thing year after year, maybe you should take a closer look at some of the places we are going to look at today.
- Ever been to Rockford, Illinois? This place has some nice museums. They also have many nice restaurants for you to eat in and shops for you to explore.
- Is your family into water sports? You might want to vacation on Lake Michigan on Mackinac island. They have a beautiful older hotel where you might want to stay. You will be able to enjoy a lot of different kinds water sports, horseback riding, as well as some festivals you might want to take part [I thought the picture was so pretty, I put it in at the top.]
- I’m guessing most everyone has heard of Fort Lauderdale, but have you heard of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea which is also in Florida? This is a pretty quiet place. You will find inexpensive accommodations here, and most of the hotels are within walking distance of Anglin’s Square where you will find a lot of nice restaurants and shops.
- Ocean City, Maryland is a pretty well known, fairly typical beach town with many things for families to do and a lot of nightlife. However, if you’re looking for a quieter beach experience, you might want to try the surrounding Worcester County which has some beautiful beaches of it’s own.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. Please let me know.
Sometimes I think of what I want to write about without looking at anything. Most often, I’ll look at travel news and get an idea from that. But sometimes there are several things I want to say a little something about. Today we are going to look at several little things.
- Marriott wants to start something new with breakfasts at their chain named Aloft. The hotel chain wants to do something for all the foodies out there, even though they do not have a full service restaurant in their hotels. You are going to be able to order your breakfast, and they will make it according to your wishes.
- When you are at an airport, most people want to get on their flight as quickly as possible. You are already go an hour early for domestic lights, or two for international. People have done research on n which airlines leave on time most often. [And by on time, they mean within fifteen teen minutes of the original departure time.]They have found that Delta, Japan Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines.
I would love to hear any questions you may have about any of this. I would also love to help you book your next trip. Please let me know if I can help you.
We talk about hotel news. We talk about airline news. And I know we have talked about cruise news several times. But today let’s look at some news coming from Disney.
- Marvel’s new hit movie, “Black Panther”, is coming to Disneyland. Kids love meeting the characters they daydream about becoming one day. Please Note that you will only be able to meet Black Panther for a limited time.
- The Grand Floridian Resort at Walt Disney World has won a lot of awards through the years. One of the latest awards given is the upgrade from a four star to a five star for its restaurant Victoria and Albert. This is one of the highest quality resorts at the park.
- Animal Kingdom is about to celebrate its twentieth anniversary. The celebration will take place between April twenty-second through May fifth. Going to the celebration means that you will have special animal encounters, get to sample specialty desserts, and take part in family friendly activities.
- Speaking of Animal Kingdom, a baby hippo has been born there for the first time in thirteen years. He came last month, and his name is Augustus.
I would love to know any questions you might have about any of this. I would also love to help you book a trip to Disney. Please let me know if you are interested.
I always say that I’d rather busy than bored. And right now, work is keeping me busy.. Right what I consider essential is to make sure that this gets done, to check e-mail and to go through my Facebook groups. I have added trying to write some on an article each. I’m also trying to get through some travel agent classes, and then reading up on how to get some more clients.. It’s kind of a lot, but I really do enjoy everything I do and enjoy the variety. I am seldom bored.
Okay, have you ever thought about visiting Mexico City, but aren’t what you might do there? Today let’s look at some attractions you might want to try.
- The first place you might want to try is the market. You are going to find everything under the sun at this other. You will find clothes and hats, household goods and toys. This is also a great place to get lunch.
- Chapultepec Park is a great to go when you just want to chill out. There are places you can sit in the shade. They also have paddleboats on the lake for you to enjoy. Tired of the outdoors? Try their museum of anthropology.
- Do you love history? You might want to take a tour of Teotihuacan. It was once home to thousands of people. Now you will see pyramids and get a glimpse of the city’s past.
- You might also want to take an afternoon cruise on an Xochimilco. Mexico City has a lot of canals, and they have beautiful boats to explore these canals on. And sometimes you will get a concert as you cruise.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. Please let me know.
It is no secret that everyone in America is busy. Most adults work, whether they’re married or not, and not only are they working, they are trying to build a career, meaning they’re working 40+ hours, they’re meeting with other people for business dinners trying to get ahead. Children are also busy with school, sports and whatever else they want, or things parents decide they have to do? And then when we do get away on vacation, a lot of us tend to feel like we have to do what everyone else is doing on vacation. And that usually means we’re even busy running around on vacation, and not getting the rest we need to go back to our crazy lives.
Yes, I know everyone is different when it comes to what they like to do on vacations. Some people like to go somewhere and la by the pool and just read or visit with family and friends. Others would consider that to be the most boring vacation ever. Some people find taking adventures with their families to be relaxing. Others want to explore new ideas on their getaways.
Obviously, you want to enjoy your vacation. No one wants to come to come home and say, “well, I was just bored on my vacation.” But surely there has to is a balance between play and rest while you’re on vacation.
There are resorts and cruises that will cater to almost any interest, whether you’re a foodie, a sports enthusiast, or a history buff… I would love to know your thoughts about all this. What would your ideal vacation look like? How much do you do? Is there a place you would like to go and try out? I would love to hear your answers to any of these questions.
It’s Saturday, guys. I’m ready to get my work things done. And I’m not 100% sure what is going to happen on Monday. I am going to be with my family.. So anyway, let’s get to some more tips on traveling with grandparents.
- Think about your family’s interests. Is there one thing your whole family together? Some families love to go camping together. Other families love to go on cruises together. Do you know what type of families yours is.
- In my line of work, I do a lot of reading about different trips families together. And one thing I keep reading is that Disney is a great place to take a multi generational trips. Children are going to be entertained on these trips obviously. And older kids and adults are going to love some of the rides and a lot of the shopping and cool restaurants they have. And grandparents? Grandparents just love it when their family is having fun together, and being able to watch them have that fun.
- Where are you going to stay? Hotels may be less expensive. But when a larger family gets together, there are always logistics to work out. Who is going to sleep where? How many rooms do you need? Will you be able to coordinate children’s nap times with grandparents’ nap times? Some alternatives to hotels would be staying at a resort or even renting a house where everyone can stay.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
As I am going through these changes in the business, and trying to get more done, I’m noticing that I’m more energetic in the morning and early afternoon. . I find that it is best to work on the articles I’m working towards getting published then, and after that work on else. I’ve just sent my first two out today, and we’ll see what happens.
When I was little, one of my favorite places to go was to my grandparents’ house. But I also remember loving traveling with my grandparents. It was a lot of fun driving with them because we weren’t always together. So trips were times for us to catch up. Today let’s look at some tips you might want to remember when traveling with your parents\your children’s grandparents.
- The first thing we have to remember is that not all grandparents will be able to do the same things. Some of our parents are ready to slow down and take things a little easier. Other parents will be able to do everything we can do and then some. You should have a pretty good idea of what stage your parents are in before you set out on any trips with them.
- If they are the type that are wanting to slow down some, you might also want to ask if they want to babysit for your little ones. Maybe they’d like to stay with the younger people while you and your older children go have some adventures. You and your husband might want to do a date night at least once while you are on vacation.
- And please, please discuss your expectations for your trip before you even start. If you and your husband are thinking you are going to get lots of free babysitting, but your parents are hoping to get serious time with you, that is probably not going to work out well for anyone. So have that discussion beforehand and figure out what will work well for everyone.
We’ll look at this more tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts on this subject.
I have to confess that I’ve taken on several work projects on lately, and figuring out how to do everything in the way way and order is not easier. I do have to remind myself that I go out on Thursday mornings, so time is shorter most weeks… But let’s get back to kid friendly places in London.
- If you have dreamed of going on a tour of Kensington Palace, this is probably not the best place to take your toddler. However, this palace does have lovely gardens that your little ones will enjoy. Why don’t you leave your little one with your husband or a friend, and go enjoy the tour by yourself?
- You’ve seen those double decker buses any time you watch anything about London, right? But what you might not know is that kids eleven and under ride those buses for free. So this is one fun thing you can do with your child that isn’t going to cost much.
- The Arsenal Stadium and Museum has a great self-paced audio tour. This is geared more toward older people. But it is a great place for little ones to run around and climb. Children under five get in free here too.
- Most families will love walking along the Thames on the Riverside Walk. It is a beautiful view. And along the way you are going to see places like Big Ben and Parliament.
Sometimes when we think of London, we think of stuffy people in stuffy places, but there are places you can take children in this city. They do have children here too, you know. Today let’s look at some places you might want to take your children in London..
- The British Museum welcomes even the smallest children. While you are learning about their fascinating history, your young children will be on a scavenger hunt for shapes and colors. The best time for the younger children would be early weekday mornings. Pick up the activity sheets at the front desk.
- You may want to try Portobello Market, and no, they don’t just sell mushrooms. This is a place where a bunch of things are sold. This is a great place to go when you want to people watch. And they have a lot of places to buy pastries for the children and coffee for the adults.
- Go to Regent’s park when you and your children just need to run and play. This place has a total of four playgrounds. It’s a wonderful place to get some pent-up energy out. This is also the place where their zoo is located.
- Looking for some more excitement? Try the London Eye. This is a huge ferris wheel where you can see most of the city. Want to make it even more spectacular? Try to go right at sunset.
I have to admit that I’m not big into the health bandwagon. I eat pretty healthily most of the time, but when I’m doing something fun with friends or out with my siblings, when I choose what I’m eating, I choose what tastes good and not necessarily what is good for me. I’m not in an exercise program or anything.
But having recently been in an airplane for hours on end, this made me laugh out loud. I mean, you’re sitting on the airplane for these long stretches of time, and you’ll feel like you’re in a can of sardines because you’re packed in there so tightly. It isn’t exactly a lot of fun. I think having exercise stations at the airport would be pretty popular, especially for those on lay overs between long flights.
Yoga is on the rise, and I can’t help but wonder if part of the reason for this is that we’re sitting on computers so much of the time. But parents are starting to get children involved in yoga as well.
It is nice that airports re putting yoga studios in when they can. But I wonder if they are going to charge you to exercise? The yoga stations are named with those upscale lounges and places you can actually sleep in at the airport, and I know these places usually cost you a pretty penny to get into.
My personal thought is that these yoga stations should be free. I would love to know your thoughts.