I’m kind of feeling like I’m in the middle of a lot of different things. I’m getting a new communication device, and while I have the new communication device to borrow, I’m trying to figure out how things work, trying to figure out the computer stuff and all that. I haven’t decided on a host agency, just haven’t had a lot of time to figure that out. Between the new communication device and traveling, time just doesn’t seem to be plentiful. I’m also trying to get my writing out there better, but again that’s a very slow process, especially these days.
I know I’ve said this before, and I’m sure I’ll say it again, but I have several things coming up in January, mostly visits with out of town family. I don’t know how much I am going to work during that time, we’ll just see how everything goes..
America seems to live on stress, but being stressed all the time is horrible for our bodies. Today let’s look at some tips that should help you get more out of your vacations.
- It is nto feel like you have all your work done and all your ducks in a row before you leave town. But remember that you’ll always have a lot to catch on once you return. No amount of preparation will enable you to come home to quiet and easy days at work. And try not to stress if everything does not get done before you leave.
- The world will go on if you don’t leave your phone number and e-mail where you’ll be the whole time you’re on vacation. You are going away for a reason, and that reason is not to work. Limit the times you check your phone. Don’t leave your number if you don’t have to.
- Things are going to happen when you’re on vacation that you wish wouldn’t. Maybe your flight will be delayed. Maybe your hotel isn’t what you expected. Don’t worry about it. Learn to go with the flow. Focus on enjoying the people you are vacationing with. Take the book you’ve been wanting to read. It’s time to just relax.
- This is not the time to brainstorm your next big project at work. This is a time to relax and just be still. If you see something you want to do just for the fun of it, go for it. Don’t think of all that is waiting for you once you get home. Enjoy where you are at the moment.
Sometimes you just want to vacation somewhere where nothing will be required of you. You don’t want to have to do any kind of cooking, cleaning or anything else. If that sounds like your type of vacation, you might want to check out The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun. Let’s look at some of what they have to offer.
- They have a suite that is perfect the family. This suite has a kids’ room next to an adults room. The kids’ room’s fridge comes stocked with candy bars, milkshakes, soda and water.
- Teens are going to have their own lounge. Teens actually designed this place. They’ll enjoy a lot of cool snacks, including a lot of ice cream. They’ll have the chance to surf the web and play games together.
- Let’s not forget the adults. They’ll get a king sized bed. Their bedroom will have a private balcony. And they’ll get a very nice bathroom, complete with a double whirlpool tub. They’ll have their own stocked mini bar. You will have a lot of activities to choose from. For starters, do you want to do things as an entire family, or do you want to do things as a couple? A mixture of the two will be perfectly acceptable as well. They’ll have a great pool. They’ll have bowling. They have an excellent spa.
And of course, you’ll have several choices when it comes to restaurants and night clubs. I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
We’re going to continue with what we started yesterday in Reasons to visit Nassau
- A lot of people would rather be given the gift of experience instead of a gift they may or may not use. Giving your family a trip to Nassau might be one of the best gifts you could give them. It’s likely more than some would spend, but it might be worth it considering the time you’ll spend together.
- Nassau has some very nice resorts. You will have to do no cooking or cleaning on this trip. Want some help with your kids? I’m sure we can find a resort that has a kids’ club.
- Have you been to Nassau in previous years? Tired of it? They’re always building new restaurants and clubs for your enjoyment. Even if you’ve been there several times there will still be new places for you.
- But why now? There are actually some some excellent travel deals that are going on right now. I would love to help you book a trip if you are interested. Please let me know.
It’s rather nasty outside, but I’m not complaining. It’s actually turning into a great day to get work done. I’ve actually started on a big project I have wanted to do for sometime, but I haven’t felt like I had the time lately. However, it’s started, and I’m having a great time working through this. I do want to make sure that this gets done, so let’s get started.
If this winter weather has you down, it might be time to look into a beach trip. Here are some reasons you might want to consider Nassau .
- Junkanoo days, which happen in late December, are some of the most exciting times that happen on this island. I say that, though it’s really the nights that are so full of festivities. They will have parades each night.
- Do you like to run? Do you want to be known for liking to run? There is a marathon that takes place January thirteenth and fourteenth. Those brave enough can run the whole thing. There is also a half marathon and a 5K.
- Is part of your winter angst that you can’t enjoy your favorite sport? Nassau has two great golf courses. Any resort you go to should have tennis courts as well. They will also have racquetball most anywhere you would want to stay.
- Do you know sunlight is extremely good for your health? It boosts your immune system, and makes us happier and brighter. Why not treat yourself to some fun in the sun time?
- I mainly listen to either Christian or country music, and so I don’t know much about these stars. But Kool and the Gang will be performing live at the Atlantis resort on New Year’s Eve. Don’t like them? How about Sting? They will also be performing live on New Year’s Eve.
I love to know your thoughts about any of this.
I’m getting a late start, and have several things I hoping to accomplish. I’m still looking for the right host agency. That is just taking longer than I would like.. And for the past few months I haven’t even done much looking, much less writing, but I want to get into that much more.. The past months I’ve worked, but it feels like I’ve just done what “I’ve had to do”, and there have been a lot of different reasons for that. I’m trying to figure out how to do everything that I would like to do and in which order. I always want to do the things I know I have to do first, and then get on to the bigger projects. But lately I do not seem to have much time for the big projects..
But anyway… Let’s get back to discussing Why taking a vacation is important for your career.
- Obviously more people taking vacations, booking through me, would make me happy. And this is because I would not only be making money, I would also be helping people.. But people need change. They need time to leave the cares of work behind.
- Vacations are also great times to network. You are going to be new people as you travel. And what is one of the first questions anyone asks? Isn’t it, “What do you do for a living”? This might be an excellent times to drum up new business. However, I would recommend not making that the focal point of your trip.
- I run this business by myself, so if I’m not working nothing is getting done. But for people who are working with others, they can see how their team does without them. They will be able to see any problem areas they need to work on.enjoy planning
- Vacations tend to make everyone happier. A lot of t of people even enjoy planning vacations. [Some actually make a career out of it, ha ha ha]. And besides, taking a vacation might help you remember how much you enjoy being with your family.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this. Please let me know.
This is where the royal event will take place
There Yesterday we started talking about a trip Trafalgar is putting together in honor of the royal wedding. To see that post, please go to Celebrate the royal engagement?Today let’s look some more of the details.
- On day four you are going to have some options. You are welcome to continue exploring London on your own. Your travel guide will be more than happy to give you suggestions depending on your interests. Or take a tour of Oxford. Here you will see Shakespeare’s house as well as touring Christ’s Church College.
- Day five will give you a more in depth look at Westminster Abbey. This is England’s most famous church building. A lot of her famous people are also buried here.
- Day six you will get to walk through the market. Here your guide will give you a feel of the day of the English. You will also be learning more about where the food comes from and things like that. In the afternoon you will have your choice of free museums to visit.
- Day seven is yours to enjoy however you like. Do the last minute shopping. Revisit your favorite spots. That evening you will be taking a cruise to tell your fellow travelers good-bye.. And on day eight you return home filled with wonderful memories.
I’ve heard that some entrepreneurs take the whole time between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day off. And to be honest, I can kind of understand that. I will work tomorrow and then be off the rest of this week just as way of reminder.
Okay, I love British drama. I can’t decide whether I like Pride and Prejudice or Downton Abbey more. And I also really like The Crown, but I’ve never been one to keep current on the royal family. However, when I saw this piece in the travel news about the royal engagement, I was intrigued. Yes Prince Harry is engaged to an American named Meghan Markle. In honor of this, Trafalgar is setting up a royal tour of England. Let’s look at that today and probably tomorrow as well.
- You will be flying into London your first day. On this day, you will be getting in and settled. And there will be a tea served where you will be getting to know your fellow travelers as well as your tour guide.
- On the second day you will be free to enjoy a leisurely breakfast. After which you will be touring places like Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace. After that you will be free to decide what you want to do the rest of the day. Shop at the famous stores. Explore more on your own. It’s really up to you.
- Day three you will be exploring Windsor Castle. This is one of the places the queen still comes and works. You will spend the entire day here, but will be free for lunch.
I am going to pick this back up tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
To me, the best place to spend Thanksgiving is wherever my family, and possibly friends, will be gathering. But some people decide to do something away from family for whatever reason. Or maybe your whole family wants to try something different. They’re tired of staying in cramped quarters and having to do all the cooking and cleaning themselves. Let’s look at some places you might want to try next year.
- Looking for something pretty traditional? You might want to try Montage Deer Valley which is in Park City, Utah. Here you will be able to learn the skills of archery. You will also be able to take part in a turkey shoot. You will also be enjoying the start of the Christmas season with cookie decorating classes and holiday mug decorating. There will also be a Christmas tree lighting the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
- If you just love cranberries, you might want to try a resort in Madison, Wisconsin. The people of Wisconsin love cranberries. The resort I’m talking about is called The Edgewater, which sounds pretty fancy. You will having a Thanksgiving brunch with lots of Wisconsin specials. And on the day after Thanksgiving, you will be visited by Santa himself.
I’m not going to work the rest of the week. Really feeling the need for a break. Let me know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
A lot of people will be traveling this Thanksgiving weekend. Some are going to be gathering with family and friends. Others are choosing to celebrate this Thanksgiving at some exotic location.. Today let’s look at some tips that might help you.
- This is true most any time you are traveling, but you will want to be sure to plan ahead. Obviously we’re two days away Turkey Day, so it’s a little late to do anything about this now. But in future years you will want to start looking at airfare or bus tickets in early fall.
- Okay, let’s be honest here, how many clothes do you really need to be hanging out with family? More and more airlines are starting to charge for checked bags, so you will want to take as as possible. And besides, maybe you will find some great deals on Black Friday.
- Be wise when you travel.. People often want to get to their destination the night before Thanksgiving and then not leave until Sunday. How can you work around that? Can you leave earlier Wednesday and maybe come home sometime Sunday? could you take that Monday off as well? Or maybe you will want to leave that Friday. Try to figure out what would work best for your family.
- If you are traveling by road, do not forget your Smartphones. They can help you plan alternative routes when the need arises.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
When a family goes on vacation, they’re usually hoping for the perfect trip. They’ve hoping that everyone gets along. They don’t want anyone to get sick or injured. And they certainly don’t want to face a major catastrophe during their travels. And trust me, we travel agents want you to have a great time too. We want to give you every reason in the world to trust us to help you plan your trips. And part of why booking through a travel agent is such a good idea is that we can help you through a lot of hard things.. If you get to your hotel and find that everything does not meet your satisfaction, call your travel agent and we’ll help you get everything you need… But unfortunately, emergencies do happen when you are on vacations. And today we are going to look at some things you should do.
- First, please e-mail me and let me know exactly what is going on. I have resources through my host agency and things like that which should be able to help you.
- You never know when an emergency is going to crop up. It is always a good idea to get travel insurance. A lot of people seem to laugh that off, but having that insurance could save you a lot of money in the end.
- Doing research on your trip is always important. But a few days before you are to leave, please checking the weather. I will do the same on my end. If there is a major storm coming to your destination, we may have to start discussing other options.
- And of course, when you’re on a trip of any kind, it is always a good idea to be prepared. Take a cheap cell phone, or bring your computer and know where you can get internet if you need to. Know where you can get someone that speaks both English and the native language of the people you are visiting.
I would love to know your thoughts. Does anyone have any trip disaster stories they would like to share? I would love to hear them.