What do you like to do when you are on vacation? Do you like to sit by the pool or on the beach and do a lot of reading, maybe enjoying some nice dinners? Or is your idea of vacation experiencing life in another place, going to museums, taking in in cultural events, and seeing how the locals enjoy life?
- If you like the second more, you might want to try Galena, Illinois. This place is full of historic significance, and opportunities to do a lot of things outdoors. They also have many festivals that you might enjoy.
- if you know you want to look at the beautiful fall leaves, you will want to visit Vermont. And the town of Manchester is a town where you can take part in things like pumpkin picking and apple picking. This is also a place where you can enjoy a lot of sports.
- I used to live in Tennessee, and once again I wouldn’t consider Gatlinburg a small town necessarily. You are going to find a lot of outlet malls. There are several of those dinner theater shows. And they also have a lot of amusement park type things. Looking for something a little different? Cade’s Cove is a gorgeous place with a lot of a lot of animals just living life.
Everyone wants to travel in the summer, but why? Yes, I know that most children are out of school for the summer. I also know that work tends to be a little more lax in the summer. But summers are so hot, especially In the South. And sure, hot weather is great if all you want to do is to lie around by the pool or on a beach. But fall has perfect weather for getting out and doing things. Let’s look at small towns that you might want to consider.
- Is your idea of a perfect fall day browsing shops while you sip on hot coffee or other beverages? You might want to try Lambertville, New Jersey. They have a lot of shops and art galleries, and a very nice riverfront as well.
- And if you get tired of shopping, you can always go across the river to New Hope, Pennsylvania. Here you will find a lot of historical and cultural attractions. You will find this town simply charming.
- Civil War history buffs will absolutely love Harper’s Ferry. But besides all of the health, there are great places to hike. and a lot of places to take interesting photographs. You will also find places to enjoy their beautiful fall leaves.
- The next place they mention is Harrisonburg, Virginia. I know this place as a smaller city that was close to the town my grandparents lived in. This is a college town, and you will find several museums here.
What could be more magical than visiting Disney? Visiting Disney over the holiday. Today we are going to look at some reasons why that is.
- Have you heard about Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? This is an event that runs from the middle of August to the first of November. And while you will have to pay for it, most people say that it is well worth the money, and is for both children and adults. There will be trick or treating throughout the parks. You will have special food options. But there are usually fewer crowds which will means that you will get more time on the rides.
- Some say that the Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival is Disney’s best festival. And not only will you be enjoying lots of great food and wine, you will also get a lot of character meet and greets. And let’s be real, most everyone goes to Disney to meet the characters.
- And part of this amazing festival is their Eat to the Beat concerts. Check out their schedule to see who all is playing and when.
Today we are going to look at some more tips for when you go to Europe.
- Everyone knows that there is a lot to see in Europe The temptation is to try to see everything in one quick trip. That usually doesn’t work well for anyone. You’re probably wise to spend no fewer than four days in any one given city. Rushing around on vacation never helps anyone feel refreshed for after their vacation.
- No one wants to stand out in a crowd. Do your research before you leave on your trip Don’t wear tank tops or short skirts to their cathedrals. And speak softly. These are just a couple of examples of etiquette that you should follow.
- Lunch is an important time of day among Lunch is an important time of day in Europe. They do not grab a quick bite and go. They take their time over their lunch break, and may even take a siesta. You will want to keep this in mind, and may want to take a rest during lunch as well.
This week has been bizarre. I think next week should be more normal. Hopefully it will be anyway.
- If you have never been to a white tablecloth establishment, only seen them in the movies, you may want to try Dooky Chase’s. Here you will dine on fabulous Creole cuisine. It is also interesting to note that this restaurant was established for the black community at a time when segregation was the order of the day.
- City Park is at the center of this fair city. Here you will find beautiful walking and bike paths. They also have their art museum here. There are gardens, playgrounds, and even a small amusement park.
- Are you looking for the ideal family destination? Go to the Audobon Zoo where they have a great mix of animals. They are best known for their jaguar park. They also have shows and other things for your family to enjoy together.
Fall is here. The children are settling into their school routines, and your parents have hinted that they might like the opportunity to do a little babysitting. You are not going to question that, your spring and summer were crazy, and having some time alone with the one you love sounds great. But where would you go? I might just have some suggestions for you today.
- I have heard fantastic things about Savannah, Georgia. You might want to take a carriage ride on their cobblestone streets. Or you might want to take a moonlit walk in one of their parks. They have some great bed and breakfasts in that area.
- Or you might want to vacation like our presidents in Martha’s Vineyard. If you enjoy looking at lighthouses, this is the place for you. You will ant to go explore some of their vineyards. You will want to stay somewhere on their lovely beach. And be sure to enjoy some of their seafood.
- I know the perfect place for you if you are a couple who loves adventure. The place is Jackson Hole, Wyoming. You might enjoy riding horses. Wait a little longer, and you will be able to do some skiing. You also be near Yellowstone National Park.
A lot of people get nervous when they are doing something for the first time. And sometimes they do things they know they shouldn’t do. Here are some tips for when you take that first cruise.
- There are papers that you are going to need. Be sure to take those papers. Put everything you will need in one folder, and please put them in your carryon. You do not want to stick them in your luggage somewhere, it could take them a long time to figure out where your papers are.
- I have said it before and will no doubt say it again, but you do not want to drink too much when you are on a cruise. Being drunk on a boat can get quite dangerous Drink any time that , drink soda and juices, especially any time that they are free.
- Be kind to your crew. And yes, that does include give the money tips any time that you can. You might also want to bring along some candy and give it out as well. Candy brings out a smile to most everything everyone.
- I know that you want to get some souvenirs, but you do not want to go crazy with them. Decide on things that you are going to like for years to come. For example, how many Hawaiian shirts are you actually going to wear?
- And make sure you have some room in your luggage for these souvenirs. You don’t want to have to carry them on your lap on your way home.
I try my best to let you know when I am to be away from this. But sometimes life jus happens like it did yesterday, and I was hon the computer. Let’s look at some more places you can find leaves.
- When most people think of enjoying the fall leaves , they generally think of the southeastern United States. But this is not the only place in our fair country where you can find some gorgeous leaves. Try Telluride, Colorado. Going to see their leaves is going to let you get much better prices on accommodations and things like.
- California has some beautiful places to go hunting for leaves as well. You might want to try Shasta Cascade. You will not want to miss their waterfalls.. They’re beautiful. This is a great place to camp.
- Or you might want to try visiting Oregon’s beautiful wine country. Late September is probably going to be your best bet.
“Getting there is half the fun” is a slogan some of cruiselines have used over the years. And while many people now fly to their cruise ports, and that part might or not be stressful once you get on your ship you should have a lot of fun. That is, if you do these things.
- As soon as you know you are going out of the country on a cruise, please start working on getting your passport. And this is true whether or not they say you’ll need one. Cruises can change courses. And when you can never be sure when you are going to get your passport, it is best to be safe rather than sorry.
- You do not want to be late getting to your cruise. That is why it is usually best to get your port a day early. Paying for a hotel is going to be nothing compared to missing that cruise of yours.
- Get global entry. It does take time to go through the whole process. But it will save you so much time in the long run.