I’m in a really weird place. First, I want to apologize for not being on any last week. I was surprised by my family with a week of camp not. It was a fantastic week. I do not plan being online much this week either, we have family stuff going on. My plan is to return to work next Monday, but we’ll see how everything goes.
When it comes to when to book your cruise, my recommendation is that you book your cruise, or any trip, early so that you will get exactly what you want. But booking cruises at the last minute might enable you to get some awesome cruise deals. Let’s look are at a few of those today.
- Windstar is taking cruisers to Alaska for the first time. I hear that a cruise is a great way to explore Alaska. And Windstar is a luxury cruise line for sure. You might want to check out what is still available.
- Holland America also has room on their vessels that are going to Alaska. And this is one of the more popular destinations for Holland America.
- Seabourn is another luxury cruise line that has room on its vessels that are going to Alaska. Do you want to see some beautiful wildlife? Are you looking to explore some volcanos? Go to Alaska?
If you do not already have a vacation planned, you might want to considerplanning one for either late August or early September. Today we are going to start looking at some destinations you might want to consider.
- And let’s start with Anguilla which is located in the Caribbean. This sounds like a nicer area with a lot of luxurious resorts.. You are going to find many five star places here.
- Key West is always going to be nice, but you will be able to get a very nice breeze most of the time. Their Duval Street always has a party going on. And surprisingly, some of the hotels are going to have their best rates in the summertime. H
- ave you wanted to visit Vietnam, but haven’t been sure when? Late summer through October is going to be when the crowds die down. This is also when prices drop. You will also enjoy great temperatures light rainfall.
- Mexico is always pretty inexpensive, but this is especially true during the summer months. Places like Cancun, Playa Del Carmen and Tulum are all going to have great rates whether you want a normal hotel or an all inclusive resort.
- Are you craving winter in summer? Try going to New Zealand. You are going to get great rates anywhere you go. And you will also avoid the crowds.
I am going to be doing this as I can over the next couple of weeks.. But I do think I need to take a vacation, trying to figure out the balance.
- Anyway, even though I am a firm believer that everyone needs to take time away from work, I try my best to let you know here and on my Facebook group when I’m planning to be away. If I’m not answering an e-mail within a day or two, I’m either gone, which you should know about, or having problems with my computer. If a travel agent is not answering your e-mail that’s a red flag.
- I want to help you plan your dream trips, helping you make memories that will last a lifetime. Hearing your ideas is important to me. I think I am going to be working on a “vacation planning guide when we get back to normal life. If a travel agent is not listening to the things that you are saying you want in your trip, that is a definite red flag. No one should push a trip on you that you do not want.
- You also probably don’t want to hear your travel agent saying, “I’m just doing this part time to get the free trips,”. And they should never encourage you not to read your travel insurance policy. Really you should read everything to do with your trip to make sure you know everything.
I would love to know your thoughts.
I’m starting to grow my Facebook group which is https://www.facebook.com/groups/TravelforMompreneurs/, and I would love to have anyone interested in working with me join. And today the question came up, “how do we tell if a travel agent is actually legitimate?” So we are going to look at that today.
- Let’s take a look at what I do to start with. I’m joined to a host agency, which is what most travel agents who work from home do. Having a host allows me to work with the different vacation vendors and be paid a commission when I book a hotel, car rental, cruise, theme park, or something like that. I will never ask you for cash. And I will not ask for your credit card information until you and I have agreed on the booking that you want to make. When other travel agents ask about giving them cash, that’s a red flag for sure.
- I make more when you spend more, so yes, I am going to ask you about upgrading your cruise or going to a a nicer hotel. But I want you to love the vacations you go on that I book, so that hopefully you will want to use my services again. I’m not going to push you into booking a trip that you will not like. If someone is trying to book a trip that you feel isn’t going to meet your needs, and is arguing with you about it, that is another red flag.
- If someone books a vacation for you, and then says, “Oh, and you need to pay me one hundred dollars as a commission,” that’s a red flag. All charges should be discussed up front before you make your decision to book.
- If you’re asking to go somewhere I haven’t heard about, I am going to do some research about it to help you figure it out. A travel agent who simply says, “I’ve never heard of that place,” and leaves it at that is probably not legitimate.
Okay, I think I am going to be able to do this, but I’m not 100% sure. I think we are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
When you get ready to go on vacation, most people tend to get in a hurry and may tend to forget things. Let’s look at some things you may not want to forget.
- Let’s face it. Airlines are run by humans, and we humans can mess up from time to time. Thankfully I do not have personal experience with this, but luggage can get lost. Please pack one complete outfit in your carryon in case something should happen to your luggage. I would pack your toothbrush and other essentials in there as well.
- People make all kinds of things that will help you pack more into a smaller space. Making use of those things on road trips is great. But remember that on airplanes you are limited by size and weight.
- I know that a lot of women feel that it is important to look nice wherever they go. Nothing wrong with that. But consider taking things that will kind of mix and match. This might mean taking a little more time to think through things while packing, but you will be glad once you get there.
- Put your toiletry items into their own bag. You don’t want anything leaking on your clothes. You may want to bring extra bags for your return trip.
- It is almost July, I can hardly believe it. We’re getting ready for some family fun. I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I am looking forward to some time with family and friends. A lot of us will be taking a vacation at some point. So the question some of us are asking is how should we get ready for vacation so we don’t come home to a bunch of stress. Let’s look at some tips that might help.
- First, make sure you have everything ready for while you are gone. Do you have pets? Will they be taken care of while you are away? Are you going to be having a friend looking in on your house while you are gone? If that is not part of your plan, you might want to stop your mail.
- Consider giving your house a good cleaning before your leave. It is awful coming home and finding a house you need to give immediate attention to. Better idea. Have someone clean house while you’re away.
- Let your bank and credit card people know where you are going and how long you will be gone. Some credit card companies become difficult when you’re spending money in places you don’t normally frequent.
- Do some research on the things you will want to do on your trip before you leave. The internet is going to be a great resource. You might also want to check out the guidebook for your destination.
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
Rome is a pretty popular destination. Italy is known for having exquisite food and wine. Some of the greatest artists of the Renaissance were Italy, and so there is a lot of art museums you may want to explore. And of course, Rome itself is home to the Catholic Church and. Today let’s start by looking at a few basics.
- First, when do you want to travel to Rome? It is usually best to go either sometime in April or May, or sometime in September or October. The summer months can get extremely hot here. And even if you do want to brave the heatwave, you will want to avoid August because that’s when the people there take their vacations. Airfare is usually at its lowest in September and October, which is another thing you’d want to keep in mind.
- How long should you plan to stay in Rome? That mostly depends on what you want to see while there. If you want to see all the major sites, you’ll want to stay between four days and a week. Doing it in less than that is going leave you feeling pretty rushed. And part of the point of vacationing is to relax.
- Speaking of relaxing, you are going to find plenty of places to sleep. The closer you get to the heart of the city, the the more expensive the hotels usually are. If you are short on time, this might be worth the convenience. Europe has a lot of hostels too.
- And finally, where should you eat? You are not going to go hungry here. There are literally restaurants everywhere you look. And one thing you should be aware of when ordering pizza is that if you are ordering pepperoni, they will think that you want. What we call pepperoni they call salami. x
The first part of July is going to be busy for our family, and I’m not exactly sure when I am going to be online and when I might not be. I am going to step away from work to enjoy time with my family. Anyway, I am going to have to play a lot of this by ear and just see what happens.
Okay, now that we’ve covered most the major cruiselines, let’s look at some other things you should be aware of when planning a cruise.
- Cruise ships are going to take you to all kinds of different places. The Bahamas and the Caribbean are very popular destinations when it comes to cruising, and so is Europe. The ships are going to stop in what they call ports. It is usually a good thing to have some idea of what you want to do at each port. The cruiselines will be able to help you. I would be more than happy to help you figure this out, especially if you book through me.
- Another thing you will want to think about is that different cruises have some things they do charge for. The general rule of thumb is, the less you pay up front the more they will nickel and dime you once you are on board. On cheap cruises, you’ll want to be careful even with things like drinking sodas with your meals. On the less expensive cruises, you will pay for your excursions. A lot of cruises will have spas. The bottom line is that you will want to know what is included your cruise before you leave.
- In the old days, most cruises would want everyone to dress formally, especially for dinner and the evening’s entertainment. But most cruises these days will allow you to wear whatever you want. Some of the higher class cruises are going to have a formal evening. You will just want to know what is expected of you.
Your friends talked you into it, and so now you are going on a cruise with them. Since you’re the newbie to this group, they thought they’d be nice and let you plan the trip yourself. Sure, they were being nice, or was everyone just too busy to give time to that? The problem is that you don’t really know how to do this or what to expect. Today let’s look at some tips that might help.
- First, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I know how to help walk you through all the decisions that you will need to make. And here’s the fun part, the cruiseline is going to pay me when I book your group. You are not going to owe me anything.
- The first question we’ll need to answer is who all is going on this trip. Do you want this to be a trip where you and your group take your families, or are you thinking more of a couples’ trip?
- And make sure your group is on the same page financially. You don’t want some people thinking you are going on the cheapest cruise possible, and others dreaming of a luxurious cruise. You will want to discuss this from the very beginning.
- Consider making a Facebook group for this trip so that everyone will be able to know what is being discussed. This will also give me a great way to communicate with everyone.
Now we’re just getting started on this topic, so this is what we are going to talk about tomorrow, and probably Saturday too. I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”– that should be my manra. And before you think this is what I say and not what I do, I am going to be taking some time off in July. I’m not sure exactly how much, I’m sure it will be at least a week while I’m hanging out with my family. I’ll need to see how everything else goes… But anyway, summer is made for slowing down, relaxing with family and friends, and of course, it’s also a time for vacations. If you are looking for your next vacation spot, I have some suggestion for you.
- Punta Cana is a place most people go just to relax and have fun. This is definitely a fun in the sun destination, and is a great place to go whether you want to take your whole family or are looking for a romantic getaway. They have many resorts you can choose from.
- Do you want to explore Incan history? Consider going to Cusco, Peru. History buffs are going to love this place. The city will have history museums you can enjoy. It also has some fascinating architecture.
- Are you just looking for an absolutely beautiful beach to visit? You might want to try Djerba, Tunisia which is located in the Mediterranean. I haven’t been to Tunisia, but I do know that the Mediterranean is gorgeous. And I suspect you will also find some fantastic food in this area.
- The Riveria Maya is a beautiful place for vacation whether you’re looking for a group vacation, a family trip, or a vacation for just you and the one you love. They have a lot to offer families looking for adventure. You are going to be able to find a resort that will suit your needs perfectly. And you will also going to find some great night life here.