Let’s face it. Traveling with kids can always be somewhat daunting. Traveling internationally can feel even more scary. Today let’s look at some tips that might help you feel better about giving your children this grand experience.
If you are going somewhere where you think you and your children might get diseases, you will want to set up a visit with your doctor three months before you are to leave. There are some shots that you are required to get if you are going to go certain places. There are also some other shots that are recommended. Get whatever will make you the most comfortable.
Of course, you have to have passports for everyone and and that does include your baby. Passports need to be valid for six months after you are supposed to be home from your travels. Make sure that everyone is good on that score.
Long flights are always a pain. And little ones don’t understand why they have to sit still for so long. You do not want to be the one with the screaming baby on that airplane. Bring new toys, new books, and new apps with you. Bring favorite snacks that are not messy. Learn some basics of the language of the people you are going to visit, phrases like “please”, “thank you”, things like that. And then teach them to your children. Your hosts will love it.
Photo by Anna Tukhfatullina Food Photographer/Stylist on Pexels.com
Today was one of those days that I had problems deciding what to write about for you. I confess that a normal Thanksgiving sounds pretty awesome to me right now, with all of the lovely food and being with family. But maybe you and your family have decided that you want to do something different for Thanksgiving this year.
- Let’s look at some destinations, besides Grandma’s, that you might want to consider. There is Knott’s Berry Farm. You will need to travel to Buena Park, California to experience this. Your family is sure to love their restaurant’s Thanksgiving brunch.
- Disney World is going to have several options for you if you decide to visit them over Thanksgiving. And I think Thanksgiving is the quieter time to visit as opposed to Christmas which is usually pretty crazy. But quiet at Disney is all pretty relative. Anyway, they will have a spread for you in the Magic Kingdom. But don’t say I didn’t warn you, your hosts here will be two mice. The strange thing is that these mice are also going to be into Disney’s campground, and you will be treated to a lot of fine country cooking.
- Disney will also have something for those who want a little nicer atmosphere. The restaurant is called Artist’s Point, and it sounds like they serve a pretty upscale menu. Their Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn and Cafe is going to have pretty standard fare.
- Are you going to Disney to ride the rides, and don’t even want to stop to eat? Both Disney world and Disneyland have quick service options you.
- Hersheypark is also to give you and your family an excellent dinner. They also have a spa where you can get treatments.
I love Sunday. Having that day to relax and have fun helps me gets me back to where I want to work. And I think I’m about three weeks away from vacation. I’m so ready to take a chunk of time off of work, and have fun with family and friends. Today we are going to look at some water parks that you and your family might want to visit.
- First, Wisconsin Dells has Kalahari Resort, and it has a water park. You can play outdoors, but what’s unusual about this place is it also has an indoor section. And this indoor section is opened all year long.. You can also go to the outdoors part between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Both parts are going to have lots of fun for the whole family.
- Williamsburg, Virginia has Water Country USA. Do you love the feeling of having your stomach drop? One of their slides is 75 feet long. They have twenty-five rides in all.
- In a place called Jay, Vermont they have a waterpark. Pump House indoor Waterpark. Apparently most of this park is indoors. They do have some hot tubs outdoors. They have some big slides at this park too.
- Dollywood Splash Country, which is part of the amusement park is in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. The article I’m reading says that they have more than twenty-three rides They also have Tennessee’s only water coaster.
It’s Saturday, and I must confess that I would love to hurry through everything I need to, and then be finished for a while. We’ll see what happens.
- Did you know that you can purchase a selfie stick, and this allows you to take self portraits without all the awkward poses? This may be a great tool for those who love Facebook and such.
- If you have a really long layover, you can get out of the Airport, as if you need my permission. There are free tours you can take in a lot of places. I love to eat junkfood, no question. And you are going to find plenty of junk in the airports. But that might not be the best to eat while you are flying. Getting sick on an airplane is no fun. You can bring some healthy alternatives in your carryon.
- If you know you have a tight layover, you will want to do your best to get an aisle seat nearer near the front. That’s your best way to try to get off as quickly as you can.
- Sleeping in the airport can be hard, especially if you’re worried about what some freak might try to do to you or your stuff. Are you traveling with someone? Let them rest while you keep watch, and then they might return the favor.
Where are you going this Fourth of July? Have you decided yet? My big vacations will be just about to start right around the Fourth. I’m so excited, I’m starting to count down the days. But anyway, let’s look at some destinations that you might consider going to around the Fourth.
- I hear that Atlanta is a great place to go for this holiday. They have a great fireworks display. But before the display, you are going to have live entertainment. They’ll also have great food options for you. Want to make it a little longer trip? Stay and take in some of their fantastic museums. D
- o you want to celebrate our Independence Day in some historic place? Why not try St Augustine, one of the oldest cities in the States. They have a great celebration here. They will have fireworks, of course, and a free concert after that. Or would you rather just go to the place where it all began in the first place?
- Philadelphia puts on a great celebration. They do fireworks too. But as you can imagine, there are a lot of great museums and other places to show about this great city.
- Charleston is another great place that you might want to consider. You’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time with their cobbled streets. They have some beautiful neighborhoods that you will want to explore. This is also a great place for foodies
States are starting to reopen slowly. I’m not sure anyone really knows what is opened what isn’t. It’s all confusing right now. But here are some tourist attractions that either have opened up or will open up in 2020.
- Quintana Roo has decided that they are not quite ready to open up again. But their Governor wants his peoples to open up their hotels by June eighth or tenth. That is what this article I’m reading is saying.
- Okay, this is a little clearer. Saint Lucia is planning to open up again on June the fourth. The airport will reopen, although not all restrictions will be lifted. They are hoping to have fifteen hundred rooms available for guests.
- Greece will open up to visitors on June fifteenth, but only to guests from specific countries. You’ll only be allowed to travel to Athens until July first when the other airports reopen.
- The Florida Keys are set to open up as of today.. Hotels are not allowed to have even more than fifty percent occupancy. And they will take another look at this plan in the middle of June.
- Italy itself see will open its borders to their European neighbors starting on June fourth. People outside of Europe will have to wait until June fifteenth at the earliest.
- Iceland plans to open up on June fifteenth. However, anyone that goes there will either have to be tested or go into quarantine for fourteen days.
- Our Virgin Islands are also set to open up today. And they have put together a comprehensive guide for the health and safety the for hotels and restaurants and other businesses.
I am going to take a couple of different vacations in July. One will be with my family, and the other will be with some good friends of mine. Believe me, I am starting to really feel the need for a break. It is not that I do not love this job, I do, but I am getting tired. But if you are thinking that you would feel more comfortable if you and your took your first vacation after all of this that is going on in the fall. Or maybe you are doing a big family family gathering this summer, but want to do a trip with your immediate family this coming fall. Either way, here are some ideas for you.
- Niagara Falls used to be the place where a lot of honeymoon couples would go. You will love looking at the beautiful colors were of fall. You might even enjoy looking at it from a helicopter. You might also enjoy riding were the ferry or picking apples.
- Or you might want to go to Colorado Springs and enjoy the beautiful mountains. This is a beautiful place to hike. This is also a great place to take in the fall leaves. You might want to go rafting on their Echo Canyon River. This is also the home of Focus on the Family.
- We’ve talked about Vegas recently, and what a family friendly destination it is getting to be. It will be hot in the summer for sure, but fall is a wonderful time to go. If you are looking for something to do outside of the city, you may want to go explore the deserts that are around there. You may also want to enjoy some water sports while you are there.
Who is ready to go on some kind of adventure? I know I am ready to do something fun after all of this mess we are going through lately. If you know what I mean, please read on.
- Do you and your family love going mountain biking together? Why don’t you go on a weekend long adventure in Scottsdale, Arizona. You’ll be riding through their desert. The trip will take you anywhere between three and seven hours. Don’t worry, there are plenty of nice resorts and other things to do in this area.
- Or do you like waterfalls? Ever dreamed of going down one like they do in the movies? New Zealand has a twenty-three foot waterfall you can go down if you are brave enough. And yes, they do offer guided tours.
- Do you wish you had been able to go through Boy Scouts\Girl Scouts? You can still go through some wilderness training. Not only will you and your family learn about the basics of camping, you will also learn how to make hunting weapons, and how to use traps and snares.
- Do you love looking out from the top of the world? At the CN Tower, they let you lean over the edge. Now, you are on ropes, and everything is safe just so you know.
Life has gotten pretty monotonous for many of us. You’re probably doing something similar to what I am lately. Wake up and do your morning routine, work on your job stuff before and after lunch. Do something relaxing after dinner. Then you’ll wake up and do it all over again. I do have some fun times coming up in July, and I’m starting to count down the days. If you’re looking for some exciting things to do on your next vacation, here are some ideas that you might be interested in.
- In New Zealand, they have this thing vehicle that looks like a shark. And in it you will be leaping, diving and rolling. This is in Queensland, and you will be able to choose between a mild or a wild ride.
- Do you love being cold? You might want to try going out on a frozen lake. Go ice floating, as they call it, in Finland and you will also be able to see the Northern Lights. They will be giving you special suits that will help keep you warm and dry. And you do not have to be able to swim.
- Or is hanging out in a cave more of your thing? You will probably also want to be to sure that you can enjoy being around those things they call snakes to go to this place. The Cave of the Hanging Serpents which is in Maya Ka’an. This is in the Mexican jungle, [learn something new every day], and you’ll be riding bicycles through the night to get here.
- Have you ever dreamed of camping on a cliff? You can do that in Colorado. You will sleep in a hanging tent system.
I think everyone is feeling a little stressed these days, and that might be the understatement of the century. No one is quite sure when things are going to open up.. Everyone is wondering when things are going to be normal again, or if they ever will be. Everyone is questioning whether we are going to have to have another lock down.
Anyway, in all of the uncertainties that we are facing these days, the last thing you want to be worrying about is your vacation. This will hopefully be a time of freedom for you and your family, and hopefully a time without a lot of stress. One way you can cut down on the stress is by letting a travel agent handle all of the arrangements. Today let’s look at some ways we travel agents can help you
- Problems can come up when you travel, that’s just an unfortunate reality, and sadly that may be even more true in the next little while. But travel agents will know exactly who to call when something goes wrong, whether you miss a flight or something goes wrong at the hotel.
- Travel is what we do for a living, so we are going to know what is popular, when the best times to go are, etc.. We will also try to get to know your interests and tastes and plan accordingly.
- Sometimes the least inexpensive option is not the best idea. Sometimes you simply have more expensive tastes. Sometimes the cheapest thing is in the wrong part of town. We can help you figure out all of those details.