I think I should have a couple of normal weeks coming up, but we shall see what happens.
Today we are going to return to the discussion on where you should go for Christmas.
- It looks like Hot Springs, Arkansas has this country’s first resort. Not only is it the first American resort, they are going to light it up for Christmas. They will also have a parade.
- I know that to a lot of people want to go to Europe for Christmas, but that can get down right expensive. Your next best bet would be to go to Solvang, California. Here you can experience a Danish Christmas. Enjoy their nativity plays and lots of good food.
- Go anywhere in Colorado, and you are likely to have a white Christmas. But going to Georgetown will also enable you to enjoy their Christmas markets. They are celebrating their sixtieth year of doing this.
- Mystic, Connecticut will also be celebrating a big anniversary this year. It will be their fortieth. They will be celebrating with a traveling play and will take you back to the time of Dickens.
Yeah, I decided at the last minute to take the whole week off last week. Monday I was not feeling like working, and I knew that our holiday festivities were starting on Tuesday. And this week I’m not sure what all is going to happen. I am going to try my best to work, but we will see what happens.
A lot of things are fairly flexible when it comes to how much you spend on your travel. You can decide on how nice a hotel you stay in, and choose what you do or where you eat. But the one thing you don’t get as much choice on is your air fare. Today we are going to look at some places where you are going to get a good deal on the flights.
- It looks like that if you can get to either Los Angeles or Miami, you will be able to get to Buenes Aires pretty cheaply. In Argentina you are going to find great food and great entertainment.
- Or who wouldn’t want to go to Japan? Talk about popular food And aren’t you interested in seeing where most of our electronics come from? They are going to make cheap air available for most Americans, right in time for the Olympics.
- You might be surprised by what a popular place Africa is becoming. And yes with its growing popularity, comfortable lodging is getting easier to find. Those who love big animals will love to know that you can find cheap flights to Nairobe.
- Have you ever dreamed of going to Hawaii? 2020 might be your year. It will be relatively low inexpensive to fly to the state known as paradise this coming year. And you will find something to do for everyone.
I thought I was going to get to work some on Saturday, but it didn’t work out. And I’m not sure what I am going to do work wise next week. I know I am going to take off some, but not sure how much.
But anyway, let’s get back to our discussion about hotels.
- There are a lot of great hotels around Scottsdale, Arizona, but the one we are to look at today is called The Phoenician. If you are looking for elegance this is the place. From Italian marble bathrooms to their own golf course and nicer tennis courts to an excellent spa, you will find something for everyone here.
- If you are looking for something especially family friendly, you will want to try Mountain Top Resort and spa, which is in Arkansas. This place has individual cabins, and encourages you to get out and enjoy enjoy nature with their hiking or biking trails. They will also have some nice pools for you to enjoy as a family.
- Do you know you want a five star in an amazing place? You will want to check out The The Peninsula in Beverly Hills. You will choose between a room, a suite or a villa. And you can get high tea here.
I am pretty unsure about whether or not I am going to have internet access starting tomorrow. We will have to see how everything goes.
I apologize but I am going to get a little personal here. How old are you? If you are around thirty, this blog post is written specifically for you.
Bucket lists have been huge. And I know they are not as big as they once were, but they are still . If you are around thirty, here are some place you might want to put on your list.
- Don’t you want to see the Taj Mahel? After all, it is one of the seven wonders of the world. Someone built this place to honor his favorite wife after she died giving birth to their fourteenth child. It is recommended to visit this place first thing in the morning because sunrise makes this place spectacular.
- Have you ever visited the Grand Canyon? This is another beautiful place to get to at sunrise. You will want to take a day or more to explore, do some hiking/walking.
- You might want to go to the Great Barrier Reef. This is in Queensland. Here you know will find all ks of sealife.
Let’s look at some more things that you should not do while traveling.
- Want a lot of travel over the next little while? Don’t hesitate to make friends with a travel agent. We travel agents know the deals, we know how to get you the special perks. We can help set all your upcoming vacations. We’ll get to know your likes and dislikes so we’ll have to ask you less and less about what you want. We can also help you out when something does go wrong on you’re vacation. What is there not to like?
- It might be smart to also get travel insurance, especially if you are going on a big trip. This insurance is relatively inexpensive, can save you a lot of money and trouble should something come up.
- It really does not have to be complicated to get and use rewards. You are rewarded when you use the same hotel brand or airline. So choose brands that you like and use them whenever you travel. It is kind of dumb not to do this.
- I know that it is vacation and that you want to enjoy. no one wants to come home to a lot of debt. Make a budget for when you are on vacation and stick with it.
- Make a list and check it twice, [sorry, just started listening to Christmas music today], to make sure that you have everything that you need. You do not want to forget anything like important papers that you might need.
- Don’t be that tourist that goes somewhere and knows nothing of the culture where you are going Get to know the place before you even leave.
I’m sorry, but I’m not much for Halloween. I have some awful cute nephews and nieces who dressed up yesterday. Otherwise, I glad to have that day behind us, moving on to bigger and better holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas and the whole holiday season. Let’s look at some statistics today.
- The most wonderful time of year is a time that most Americans do save vacation time for. Almost seventy percent of us are planning to take some vacation time around the holidays And a good number of these people plan to be gone more than six days.
- Of those who are traveling, about half are going home to be with family and friends. The other half will be going to other places.
- It is also to be noted that about two thirds of the people plan to drive to their destinations. Be prepared for busier than usual roads.
Disney’s all star resorts are what they call their value resorts, and all are about the same. They are going to have multiple places where people can sleep.
- Are your people into sports? Disney has a sports All Star that you will love. Kids will love running around on the football fields with huge helmets on. I think this may be especially nice after the long car ride. Their pool is surf themed. And they will have Mickey waffles for breakfast.
- Their Animal Kingdom resort is deluxe, and as you might guess, is right beside Animal Kingdom. Here you can find multiple pools where you can relax at the end of the day?. And this is known as one of the quieter places on Disney.
What do you like to do when you are on vacation? Do you like to sit by the pool or on the beach and do a lot of reading, maybe enjoying some nice dinners? Or is your idea of vacation experiencing life in another place, going to museums, taking in in cultural events, and seeing how the locals enjoy life?
- If you like the second more, you might want to try Galena, Illinois. This place is full of historic significance, and opportunities to do a lot of things outdoors. They also have many festivals that you might enjoy.
- if you know you want to look at the beautiful fall leaves, you will want to visit Vermont. And the town of Manchester is a town where you can take part in things like pumpkin picking and apple picking. This is also a place where you can enjoy a lot of sports.
- I used to live in Tennessee, and once again I wouldn’t consider Gatlinburg a small town necessarily. You are going to find a lot of outlet malls. There are several of those dinner theater shows. And they also have a lot of amusement park type things. Looking for something a little different? Cade’s Cove is a gorgeous place with a lot of a lot of animals just living life.
Everyone wants to travel in the summer, but why? Yes, I know that most children are out of school for the summer. I also know that work tends to be a little more lax in the summer. But summers are so hot, especially In the South. And sure, hot weather is great if all you want to do is to lie around by the pool or on a beach. But fall has perfect weather for getting out and doing things. Let’s look at small towns that you might want to consider.
- Is your idea of a perfect fall day browsing shops while you sip on hot coffee or other beverages? You might want to try Lambertville, New Jersey. They have a lot of shops and art galleries, and a very nice riverfront as well.
- And if you get tired of shopping, you can always go across the river to New Hope, Pennsylvania. Here you will find a lot of historical and cultural attractions. You will find this town simply charming.
- Civil War history buffs will absolutely love Harper’s Ferry. But besides all of the health, there are great places to hike. and a lot of places to take interesting photographs. You will also find places to enjoy their beautiful fall leaves.
- The next place they mention is Harrisonburg, Virginia. I know this place as a smaller city that was close to the town my grandparents lived in. This is a college town, and you will find several museums here.
What could be more magical than visiting Disney? Visiting Disney over the holiday. Today we are going to look at some reasons why that is.
- Have you heard about Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? This is an event that runs from the middle of August to the first of November. And while you will have to pay for it, most people say that it is well worth the money, and is for both children and adults. There will be trick or treating throughout the parks. You will have special food options. But there are usually fewer crowds which will means that you will get more time on the rides.
- Some say that the Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival is Disney’s best festival. And not only will you be enjoying lots of great food and wine, you will also get a lot of character meet and greets. And let’s be real, most everyone goes to Disney to meet the characters.
- And part of this amazing festival is their Eat to the Beat concerts. Check out their schedule to see who all is playing and when.