I’m still not real sure about what is going to happen this next week as far as how much internet time I am going to have and all that. Just to let you know that that.
Okay, let’s get back to our discussion about the disabled going on cruises. Today I think we are going to look at some questions we would want to ask any cruiseline a disabled person is thinking about going on, and then we will look at Norwegian’s answers specifically.
- Do all your ships have staterooms that will accommodate the disabled? will have about forty accessible rooms. Not only will the rooms be more spacious, you will find a lot of nice features in these rooms. They will have raised beds. There will be guard rails in the bathrooms. And these are just some of the features. Just ask about anything you might need. I can always ask your preferred cruiseline.
- Do you accommodate wheelchair and motorized scooters? Yes, Norwegian does. They also have some wheelchairs available for rent. If you are going to need a wheelchair the whole time you are on board bring your own. If need a wheelchair just for shore excursions, renting will be perfectly fine. If you have a motorized wheelchair, you will need to have a gel-cell batteries. And for the younger more disabled guests, all but two ships will have direct elevator access to the kids’ clubs.
- Are all public areas accessible? Norwegian’s answer is, most are. The specialty restaurants should give you no problems. There will be accessible bathrooms throughout the ships. The theaters should all have accessible sections. Disabled adults will be able to have fun in the casinos.
I think we are going to get back to this next week or whenever I’m back online again. I would love to know your thoughts on this.
Sometimes I have certain things I try to do each day. Obviously I do this each day. I check e-mail. And then I also try to do some training on different kinds of destinations or cruiselines, because what’s out there is pretty much limitless… I must confess that I was not coming up with ideas for this, and I was going to come back to this, but I this training module and thought that this might make a great post
For those that have never met me in person, I’m disabled. I have Cerebral Palsy, and I’m basically unable to do anything for myself. I sit in a wheelchair, and have a communication device that doubles as my computer.
To be honest, I’ve never been on a cruise, have no idea what that would be like. I have heard that going on a cruise might be difficult for me. But that might be changing slowly.
And I should also let you know that the course I am taking is through Norwegian Cruise Lines, so we will want to keep that in mind as well.
Here are some things we will want to keep in mind.
- Norwegian has wider hallways and bigger bathrooms making it easier for people in wheelchairs.
- Service pets are allowed on board ships. Norwegian follows the guidelines written up by the ADA.
- Many stateroom are going to have refrigerator in them so that you will be able to keep your medications. If you know you are going to need a refrigerator, all you really need to do is to say something to me.
- Norwegian does reserve the right to say that they don’t think they can accommodate your specific disability. We will need to contact them up front to ask if they are going to be able to accommodate you. This is something I can work on for you.
- I think we are going to get back to this tomorrow. I would really love to know your thoughts about all of this.
I’m getting an early start and am extremely grateful. I have several things I would like to do today and feel like I am going to have more time.. Also, I wanted to let you know that I’m not sure how much internet access to have next week. We’ll just have to wait and see how everything plays out.
I am told that one of the most lucrative niches you can get into in the travel industry is doing honeymoons. People are usually willing to spend more on this trip, because it is hopefully going to be an once in a lifetime experience. BRIDES Magazine has done a survey and has found St Lucia to be among the most popular places to go on your honeymoon. Today let’s look at some reasons you should consider Sandals’ Regency La Toc.
- The island where this resort is located is truly beautiful. It is the perfect setting for a trip with the one you love. There will be lush gardens you can walk through. They have fire pits where you can cuddle with the one you love in the evenings.
- This is an all inclusive resort, so there will be no need to worry, or have any discussions about finances, while you are there. You will be able to take care of the whole bill even before you arrive.
- Sandals is going to have luxurious accommodations no matter where you choose to stay. They are going to have some really nice suites in their hotel area. Even nicer are their stand alone bungalows which will have their own pools and everything.
- With Sandals, when you stay at one resort, you will have access to all of the activities on all of their resorts. And they will have a shuttle that will take you from place to place.
- You will be choosing from nine different restaurants during your stay here. You will be able to order anything that you like here, and again everything will be covered in that one price you pay up front.
I would love to know your thoughts on this, or any questions you might have.
“…And I’ll be doing whatever snow does in summer”. Sorry, just wanted to share the song that’s been running through my mind this morning.. Summer is one of the busiest times for travel. We’ve talked about the beach. We’ve talked about what to do with children while you’re traveling. we are going to do a little something different today.
When you think of New York City, you probably think of snow, ice skating, and huddling around hot chocolate. But there is a lot of neat things to do in the summer as well. Today let’s talk about some things you might want to do in New York City this summer.
- Everyone has heard of Wall Street. But hae you heard of Brookfield Place, the former financial district? They have now turned this place into an upscale shopping and dining place. It is now called Le District, and it is the place toibe if you want French food
- They do Shakespeare in the park in Central Park. There are eighteen thousand seats in the theater. And if I’m reading this right, this is a free event.
- There are also outdoor movies you can take part in. Apparently these events take place at various times throughout the city. Take a picnic and make an evening of it.
- You just think that there is no beach in New York City. Try Jacob Riis park. This is one of the more peaceful beaches in the area. You can get away from the hustle and bustle of city life here.
- Long Island City has what is called summer Summer Summer Nights. Tare outdoor concert. The events last from three until nine, so this sounds like a good place to hang out.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
There are many, many things that I’d like to get done today. I have some things I want to try with my writing. So let me do this so that I can get to other things.
Summer will officially be here next week. But hopefully by now most everyone’s school has let out. I know when school lets out depend on a wide variety of factors. And then there are our homeschooling who might have gotten out months or might not really take a summer break. Whatever you do, I hope you take one summer vacation as a family. Today let’s take a look at some more tips for traveling with children.
- You will want to make up a little bag for each child. Put in their favorite small toys, maybe a game or two, snacks that they will enjoy. For the littler people in your family, you may even want to include a change of clothes.
- Hopefully the bags I’ve described are going to keep them busy for a good while. Consider rewarding good behavior with time on your phone or IPad.
- But keep in mind that driving time is also a good time to talk and enjoy being together. Tell stories about what things were like as you were growing up. Play games the whole family can enjoy on the road.
- While you are on vacation, you shouldn’t always be rushing from one activity to the next. Take some time each day where everyone simply reads a book or maybe watches a movie together. Probably the best time to do this is right before dinner so that everyone will enjoy the evening’s fun.
- You are going to want to pick the best accommodations for you and your family and the trip that you want to take. Some resorts cater to children, others cat to adults. You want to go some place that is going to be welcoming to your idea of fun.
Helping you plan your vacation just the way you want it is what I’m here for. Please let me know if you would like my help.
I have to be honest, what I wrote yesterday got me curious about the whole concept about this. So that’s why we are going to look at this more today.. Sadly for many couples, getting married is not some huge change in their lives. They have been living together before marriage, and so going on a vacation together may not seem all that special, even if they do go to some exotic place. Friends, and even family, can make the trip even special.. Okay, let’s look at some etiquette for these things.
- Unless bride and groom are rich or extremely popular, they are not going to invite everyone they know. It is best not to talk to anyone about it until you know they have been invited.
- Remember that this is the couple’s honeymoon and let them have their privacy. They are going to need their own suite, and you probably should keep out of there.
- The couple wants to spend time with you, they wouldn’t have invited you if they didn’t. But they are going to want privacy as well. Be respectful of that. Hopefully you are going to know and enjoy the other people in the group.
- With that said, it really does help everyone when the couple makes a schedule. This will help clear up any miscommunications.
- The group also want to be considerate of other couples. Who knows? This trip might produce another engagement which might lead to another buddymoon.
Let me know your thoughts on this.
Yesterday I opened up by telling you why I don’t especially like staycations. Today let’s talk about the reason I do like them.. When I think of staycations, I think of families taking time away from all of their activities of life to have some focused time together. And honestly, you might be better to do that at home than you would be in a place you were unfamiliar with. And my hope as a travel agent, and in my writing, is to help families reconnect.. So let’s look at some more tips for staycations.
- Is anyone in your family creative? Is anyone artistic? You might want to take a day to paint, and I’m not talking about painting the house. If
- you have older kids, you might want to consider putting a mmural mural together. If you have younger kids, you might want to try painting with chocolate pudding. it is fun and delicious.
- Is there a river or other body of water in your area, but somehow you never find time to enjoy it? a staycation. spend the day by the water.
- When is the last time your family enjoyed cooking a meal together. It can start at the grocery store where you can pick out your favorite foods. Try some new recipes or make up your own.
- Some restaurants will allow you to take a tour of their operations. I know that my family visited a doughnut shop and a pizza shop. it has been years since we’ve done that. But when we did that, they cooked something, and then we got to eat.
- And finally, you might want to do a park hop. What’s that, you might ask? A park hop is when you visit several parks in one day. There are toys that even grown ups can play on.
Those are some of the ideas I’ve had. I would love to hear your ideas.
Okay, I admit it, I’m kind of having a crazy day all around.. I had friends here most of the morning. And then I’ve had internet problems, and on and on it goes.. And today I’ve decided to look at something that personally I’m not thrilled about. And why would I not be thrill about staycations? We travel agents make money when you book hotels, cruises, car rentals through us. And on staycations, you don’t have to have to do any of that. Part of the point of this type of vacation is to save money… I’m doing this because I want to get something written today.
Vacations can be elaborate, expensive affairs, or they can be quite simple .. All having a nice family takes is having a nice time together.
- A few weeks before your staycation is to start, get the family together and get some ideas together. Would you like to do a night where everyone stays up all night to watch movies together? Sometimes my family will decide to do dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. And maybe one time your meal can be banana splits. The point here is to do some special things hat you don’t normally get to do.
- Staycations are also great times to visit your local museums, especially when you don’t have to be in a rush about anything. Take your time exploring all of the exhibits. Go to the IMAX theater you always skip. Make time to do the family picture thing. Take a cooler full of fun food for everyone and enjoy a picnic lunch.
- Remember those things that they call bikes? This is another great way to take a family adventure together. You might want to ride a trail you’ve never ridden before. Again, the point is to get out and enjoy each other.
- You can camp in your own backyard or living room. Have hotdogs and s’mores. Tell your children what life was like when you were growing up. Enjoy being silly together.
Have you ever taken a staycation? I would love to know your thoughts.
I have several things I want to look into for work. I’m trying to think of ways to start bringing money in as I build my business. I’m not sure exactly what that is going to look like. But let’s get started on this so I can gets to some other things.
Road trips can be the best way to travel, especially when you do it with friends. You can learn all kinds of things about each other. So let’s look at some more rules.
- First, I know I ended yesterday by saying you need to take your phone for directions. However, phones do not always work, especially when you find yourself in the middle of nowhere. So you’ll want to take a map or atlas as well, just in case of an emergency.
- Road trips are more fun when you play games together. If the road trip is with your family, and you have small children, “I spy” is a great game. Though sometimes the things they pick will make no sense. I’ve played with my nieces and nephews, trust me. For adults, there is license plate poker. Find out how to play online bottom you leave.
- In today’s world, a lot of people have most of their days planned out by the minute. You do not want to do that on a road trip. Instead, give yourself some time to breathe. If you come up on something that looks interests, go for it.
- And do not drive the whole route on the interstate. Get out and enjoy the country roads.
Do you have anything special you like to do on road trips? Please let me know.
My first guest blog post came out today. I’m hoping to have many more of these to follow.. Hopefully I am going to work more on that starting this coming week.. Anyway, here is my first baby. https://radicalchristianwoman.com/christian-family-vacation/