I talk a I talk a lot about how wonderful cruising is for families on this blog, and while everything I say about how wonderful cruises are for families, sometimes you just need to get away from everything and everyone and reconnect as a couple. And cruises are great for that as well. Today we are going to look at some cruise ships that would be great for a romantic getaway.
- And we are going to start by looking at Princess Cruises. Some of their best ships for romance are Crown Princess, Emerald Princess, and Ruby Princess. These are the youngest of Princess’s fleet, and they combine big ship options with small ship coziness. They are going to have movies under the stars which you can enjoy together. You can also enjoy private top patio lounges. And you are welcome to enjoy room service in your suite or on your balcony.
- Next we are going to look at Paul Gauguin, and their ship that is most highly recommended for romance is the ship that is named after their company. This ship cruises around the South Pacific all year long. This is a small ship with no more than four hundred guests a time, which means that you will not be surrounded by crowds all of the time and should expect a high level of service. You will mostly eat in nice restaurants, but room service is also available.
- Windstar has some great options for couples as well. Their best ship for romance is Wind Surf. Here you are sure to catch some breathtaking views. You will be able to enjoy candlelit dinners by the pool. The cuisine at this restaurant is French. They also have a lot of quiet places where you can relax.
I’m going to get personal for a minute. My hope is to go see some dear friends in Tennessee this July. We’re still waiting to see how everything is going to shake out with this virus and what’s allowed and what isn’t by then. I’m kind of killing two birds with one stone with this post. We will not be staying in this busy area, but will be making some day trips to Gatlinburg. So let’s look at some things people visiting this area might want to do. What’s the point of Having a blog if you can’t have some fun with it now and then?
- If you enjoy watching wildlife in its natural habitat, you will want to visit Cades Cove. My family actually has a place near there, and we’ll often take a drive through Cades Cove when we go up. It’s a nice place to drive around, or you could ride bikes or walk. I know one of the loops is eleven miles. You can also camp here in this park. I’m not sure we’ll do this on my special trip though.
- One of the things I think my friends and I will do is go rafting. We’ll be going on one of their easier trips since I am disabled. This is a great way for me to enjoy the beautiful Little Tennessee. I’ll usually get out and swim at some point during the trip. I love it. It’s relaxing and fun at the same time.
- We will also go to the zoo at some point. The zoo is in Knoxville. It looks like they will have your pretty standard elephants, lions, tigers and bears. The zoo will have all kinds of special events.
- I know we are also going to spend a day at Dollywood. I know they have a water park which I am excited about. My guess is they’ll also have shows and things like that we’ll enjoy.
I hope you had a good weekend celebrating the resurrection of our Lord. Even though it looked quite different than a normal Easter, my family and I did have a good day.
- I had to laugh when I saw the first destination for today. Those of you who watch “Veggie ales” will surely remember the “Pirates who don’t do anything”. They’ve never been to Boston in the fall, but you should. You will probably enjoy the chilly air as you walking from place to place. There is a lot of great history to be taken in here. And most people will also love their coffee shops.
- Do you like surprises? Who doesn’t? You might want to visit Sedonia, Arizona. This place has a surprising moderate climate. It is a great area a to hike and explore.
- Are you looking for a little luxury? Do you also want to see Grand Tetons? Consider going to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. This is absolutely beautiful country. And you will find a lot of nice restaurants.
We’re hoping to see life return to a more normal pace soon. Summer may be busy with a lot of people traveling. Fall may be the time when people who want to take quieter s might want to travel. But please don’t hold me to that, no one is sure what is going to happen. But let’s look at some more fall destinations.
- The first one we are going to look at today is a fun one for me because I have done reading about this area. I’m talking about Lancaster County, most decidedly Amish country. Personally I would love are to go there, take in their beautiful countryside, and enjoy some of their delicious cooking. Visiting this place would also give you a taste of a simpler way of life.
- Do you live out west, and want to explore a beautiful place? You might want to to try Walla Walla, California. This is close to the Napa Valley which is known for its vineyards. You are going to find a lot of vineyards here too. It is also known for being a very friendly town.
- The next place the article I’m reading suggested is Mackinaw island. I know someone who has been , and they said it was one of the most romantic places they had been. This place has a lot of Victorian architecture. And their leaves are absolutely beautiful this time of year. They have one more draw, they are also famous for their fudge.
reading the news today there is actually some hope that in May, or by summer depending on who you listen to life should return to a somewhat more normal pace. We’ll see what happens. So summer travel, I imagine, might be even busier than it normally . I do not know the future, no one does. But I thought that we might start looking at some fall destinations today.
- There is town in New Jersey Cape May. It is a beach, and while it is wonderful in summer, I hear it is magical in the fall. Part of the magic is that monarch butterflies descend on the area for a few weeks. You will also find some great places to eat in this town.
- If you would like to be part of a October Fest, you might want to try Leavenworth,Washington. They will have their festival for three weekends in October. You will love their German food? And you can find a lot of it whether or not you go during the festival. It is also simply beautiful country.
- do Do you like to hike? Maybe you also enjoy learning about wine? You might want to go to Katy Trail. This trail runs along the Missouri River.
I’m looking into make some changes to the business, there is a lot on my mind, and I want to do. But I do to make sure this get this done, so here goes.
Let’s back to the discussion we started yesterday about surviving long flights.
- Long flights are usually not the time to dress to impress. to be traveling, and will feel the need to wipe off, if not get a shower before doing anything else. You will want to wear comfortable clothing. A lot of people seem to wear sweats and some kind of shirt.
- socks. Most people do not wear shoes on the air. And some people are uncomfortable with bare feet, and planes are not cleanest things, especially when everybody in it hours on end.
- good to hydrate yourself and anyone you have care of when you are in the air. That means drinking lots of water and juice. That doesn’t mean drinking lots of adult beverages. Doing that will keep you healthier and better able to cope with jetlag.
Are you dreaming of free cocktails, spa reservations, and quiet, spacious accommodations where you only to mingle with those of the same class? You might think that I’m about to talk about river cruises, but I’m not. Large ships are starting to have exclusive clubs where those willing to pay are going to receive to special care and services. Today let’s look at some of what cruiselines have to offer.
- We are going to start with Celebrity. They call their cl, “Michel Club”, and anyone who books one of their nicer suites can be part of it. Okay, so what do you get when you are part of this club? You will get free continental breakfast in the special lounge, and drinks and appetizers will be served each evening. A coincierge will be on hand to help make any special arrangements you might need.
- Disney just calls their lounge “Coincierge Lounge”. And it is for those who book a suite or coincierge cabins. You will have your a lounge with snacks and drinks, and looks like this lounge is open pretty much all of the time. You will also have internet access in the lounge. You will also be able to take advantage of coincierge services.
Let’s get back to our discussion about how to get good deals on cruises
- Check with your travel agent about good deals. We are always receiving e-mails about cruises and the deals they have. Some travel agents have websites that they put deals they are offering on.
- Do you want to go on a cheap cruise, but pay a fortune on airfare? I do not think so. Figure out the cost of the air before booking the cruise.
- And please, read the fine print. You will want to know exactly what you are paying for, and what you will have to pay once you are on board.
- Booking later on means that you may not get the nicer cabins. All of those will most likely be taken. But to be honest,most people need their room to sleep and change and nothing more. anything fancy.
Like I’ve said before, I really want to keep this blog up beat and positive. It does seem to me like most of the news is about this awful virus. But this will pass, I know it will. And then the celebrations will start.
One way you might want to celebrate is by going on a cruise. And you are probably going to be looking for a deal. I didn’t know this, but you used to be able to go to a ship on embarkation day and try are to get a place on the for a reduced price. They do not allow you to do that anymore. But there are ways to get less expensive cruises. Let’s look at some ways how.
- Booking sixty to ninety days before your cruise is always a good idea. People are making their final decisions about whether or not they are going. People who have booed earlier can decide to cancel. they will know exactly how many cabins they have left, and how much of a discount they need to give.
- You are not likely to get a discount on a Christmas or New Year’s cruise, they are too But you should be able to find plenty when most people don’t want to travel, think spring and fall.
- Cruise ships move from one region to , and when they do that the cruises are called “repositiioning cruises”. These are often not very popular cruises. And they also usually longer cruises, seven days or longer.
I don’t know about you, but I’m getting lots done during this time. Of course, I do not have children so I am not doing any of this home schooling gig I’m not going to the grocery store myself. Hats off to all who have that stuff and so much more during all of this.
Back to our discussion about resorts.
- Not all resorts are the same. Some have most than one thousand units, a lot of times resorts focus on suites instead of rooms. Other resorts can house only about a hundred people at a time. Does one of these appeal to you over the other? Make sure you book the right kind of resort.
- Are you looking for a great deal on an all inclusive? You will want to look at properties in Mexico, the Dominican Republic or Jamaica. While you might be able to find a great deal elsewhere, these are the places where you will find the great deals consistently
- A lot of the family friendly resorts are going to kids’ clubs. You can send your children there and then have time to yo. Be careful though, some of these resorts say that once you send your children to their clubs being at the club is all that your children will want to do.