reading the news today there is actually some hope that in May, or by summer depending on who you listen to life should return to a somewhat more normal pace. We’ll see what happens. So summer travel, I imagine, might be even busier than it normally . I do not know the future, no one does. But I thought that we might start looking at some fall destinations today.
- There is town in New Jersey Cape May. It is a beach, and while it is wonderful in summer, I hear it is magical in the fall. Part of the magic is that monarch butterflies descend on the area for a few weeks. You will also find some great places to eat in this town.
- If you would like to be part of a October Fest, you might want to try Leavenworth,Washington. They will have their festival for three weekends in October. You will love their German food? And you can find a lot of it whether or not you go during the festival. It is also simply beautiful country.
- do Do you like to hike? Maybe you also enjoy learning about wine? You might want to go to Katy Trail. This trail runs along the Missouri River.
I’m looking into make some changes to the business, there is a lot on my mind, and I want to do. But I do to make sure this get this done, so here goes.
Let’s back to the discussion we started yesterday about surviving long flights.
- Long flights are usually not the time to dress to impress. to be traveling, and will feel the need to wipe off, if not get a shower before doing anything else. You will want to wear comfortable clothing. A lot of people seem to wear sweats and some kind of shirt.
- socks. Most people do not wear shoes on the air. And some people are uncomfortable with bare feet, and planes are not cleanest things, especially when everybody in it hours on end.
- good to hydrate yourself and anyone you have care of when you are in the air. That means drinking lots of water and juice. That doesn’t mean drinking lots of adult beverages. Doing that will keep you healthier and better able to cope with jetlag.
Are you dreaming of free cocktails, spa reservations, and quiet, spacious accommodations where you only to mingle with those of the same class? You might think that I’m about to talk about river cruises, but I’m not. Large ships are starting to have exclusive clubs where those willing to pay are going to receive to special care and services. Today let’s look at some of what cruiselines have to offer.
- We are going to start with Celebrity. They call their cl, “Michel Club”, and anyone who books one of their nicer suites can be part of it. Okay, so what do you get when you are part of this club? You will get free continental breakfast in the special lounge, and drinks and appetizers will be served each evening. A coincierge will be on hand to help make any special arrangements you might need.
- Disney just calls their lounge “Coincierge Lounge”. And it is for those who book a suite or coincierge cabins. You will have your a lounge with snacks and drinks, and looks like this lounge is open pretty much all of the time. You will also have internet access in the lounge. You will also be able to take advantage of coincierge services.
Let’s get back to our discussion about how to get good deals on cruises
- Check with your travel agent about good deals. We are always receiving e-mails about cruises and the deals they have. Some travel agents have websites that they put deals they are offering on.
- Do you want to go on a cheap cruise, but pay a fortune on airfare? I do not think so. Figure out the cost of the air before booking the cruise.
- And please, read the fine print. You will want to know exactly what you are paying for, and what you will have to pay once you are on board.
- Booking later on means that you may not get the nicer cabins. All of those will most likely be taken. But to be honest,most people need their room to sleep and change and nothing more. anything fancy.
Like I’ve said before, I really want to keep this blog up beat and positive. It does seem to me like most of the news is about this awful virus. But this will pass, I know it will. And then the celebrations will start.
One way you might want to celebrate is by going on a cruise. And you are probably going to be looking for a deal. I didn’t know this, but you used to be able to go to a ship on embarkation day and try are to get a place on the for a reduced price. They do not allow you to do that anymore. But there are ways to get less expensive cruises. Let’s look at some ways how.
- Booking sixty to ninety days before your cruise is always a good idea. People are making their final decisions about whether or not they are going. People who have booed earlier can decide to cancel. they will know exactly how many cabins they have left, and how much of a discount they need to give.
- You are not likely to get a discount on a Christmas or New Year’s cruise, they are too But you should be able to find plenty when most people don’t want to travel, think spring and fall.
- Cruise ships move from one region to , and when they do that the cruises are called “repositiioning cruises”. These are often not very popular cruises. And they also usually longer cruises, seven days or longer.
I don’t know about you, but I’m getting lots done during this time. Of course, I do not have children so I am not doing any of this home schooling gig I’m not going to the grocery store myself. Hats off to all who have that stuff and so much more during all of this.
Back to our discussion about resorts.
- Not all resorts are the same. Some have most than one thousand units, a lot of times resorts focus on suites instead of rooms. Other resorts can house only about a hundred people at a time. Does one of these appeal to you over the other? Make sure you book the right kind of resort.
- Are you looking for a great deal on an all inclusive? You will want to look at properties in Mexico, the Dominican Republic or Jamaica. While you might be able to find a great deal elsewhere, these are the places where you will find the great deals consistently
- A lot of the family friendly resorts are going to kids’ clubs. You can send your children there and then have time to yo. Be careful though, some of these resorts say that once you send your children to their clubs being at the club is all that your children will want to do.
I think with all of the isolation we are having to do these days, a lot of people are starting to dream of the parties and fun we will have once all of this is over with. No one is sure when will take place, but we can still dream, right?
When you go to an all inclusive resort, everything you could need should be covered. This is a resort so you will have a place to stay. meal should be covered, some resorts will have snacks around for the in between times too. And of course, you should also have things to do as well. Most resorts are going to have pools and entertainment in the evenings at the minimum. Here are some things you should keep in mind as you are planning to go tone of these resorts.
- Do your research and figure out what is included and what is not before leaving on your vacation. Some resorts say that they are all inclusive, but are are not really, so you will want to make sure you know exactly what you are getting into before you leave.
- The sad truth is that most of these resorts do not pay their workers. You will need to take some money to tip. You aren’t going to have to spend a lot to make a good impression.
- Most of the time, you are going to have to figure out your own air to get to the resort. You may not have to figure out your transportation from the airport to your your resorts.
Let’s get back to looking at who has the best cruises for weddings.
- We are going to start by looking at Celebrity Cruises. On Celebrity you can choose to do your actual legal ceremony or just do a a symbolic ceremony. Celebrity is a luxury cruiseline. But it has plenty for both you, the happy couple, and your guest to enjoy before and after the special event. You will be able to get married both on and off shore. Some of what you can expect is a captain led ceremony, a coordinator, a photographer and c. You can also ask your own pastor to officiate. You are going to get chocolate strawberries and champagne as part of your turn turn down services.
- Disney also allows couples to marry on their ships. And they will help you take care of everything. Disney has the coordinator and the officiant for you. They will give you your flowers and a nice wedding cake. You will get dinner at their adults only restaurant.
- If you are a younger couple, Carnival might just be perfect for you. Why? They have a lot of fun amenities, and their ships are just, well, fun. With Carnival, you are going to get both a wedding planner a wedding coordinator, a cake and a photographer.
You may have guessed but I’ve been busy. I wanted to get something up. Anyway, I hope you will forgive the shorter posts lately.
And yes, I spend a lot of time away from the public, but I do keep up with what’s going on. I know that there is a lot of fear and worry over this virus, worrying over what’s going to happen. But I want to keep this blog upbeat and positive.
And now, let’s get to today’s post. Have you ever dreamed of getting married on a cruise ship? Or maybe you just want to get in a beautiful place without doing a lot of work? Let’s look at some cruises to get married on.
- The first one we are going to look at today is Princess Cruises. A lot of cruiselines have wedding packages, and Princess is no exception to this. It has some of the best packages and features around. Their “Tie the knot” package is going to cost you around 25 grand. That sounds quite expensive to me, but anyway. For that, the captain is going to officiate your wedding. You will also get a wedding coordinator, live music, the services of a photographer as well as some pictures. You are also going to get a cake and a bottle of wine.
- This is more like it. For between two and three thousand dollars, you can get the “Tie the Knot Harborside” package?. You and your guests will get priority check in. have an onboard ceremony. You will also get the photographer, the cake,, and oh yes, the coordinator.
- You may want to “Tie the Knot Ashore”. You will be getting married somewhere beautiful like the beach, and this package costs between three and five thousand. You will get the photographer, the coordinator and the cake
Once again I’m not sure what this next week is going to look like. We will just have to wait and see.
Traveling is like a lot of other things, you usually have to them to get good at them. Reading this blog should give you some ideas of what you should and should not do. Today we are going to look at some random tips
- You never know when you might need a towel. So be sure to pack one. You never know hen you will be glad that you did.
- Buy small pieces of luggage. It will help you pack lighter. You can always wash something out in your bathroom sink if you need to. Getting something bigger will make you think you need to take more
- A lot of times when you travel, you can feel freer to wear things more than once, and not worry so much about how you look. You are on vacation, wear comfortable clothes.
- The one thing you could want to take a few more pairs of is socks. Just because you are on vacation doesn’t mean that the laundry gremlins won’t be up to their old tricks of stealing socks. Socks also tend to get wet or dirty quickly.