I think that it was a couple of weeks ago that we talked about what clothes you need to bring on your next cruise. To sum that up, you should bring comfortable clothes that can easily mix and match, and don’t forget your underwear, and you should be good. But today are we are going to talk about some other things you need to bring on your cruise.
- The first thing you need to do is to make sure of all of the documentation you need to bring. Will you need a passport? Might you need a visa as well? You will want to bring any important papers you need in your carryon to make sure you have everything. You will also want to take pictures of everything on your smartphones.
- Okay, what medication are you on? You will want to bring that for sure. Yes, all ships are going to have infirmaries. But it is hard to tell which medicines they will actually have.
- Some people want to give everyone they know FOMO and tell everyone they know about their trip. Other people don’t want to tell anyone. It is good to let at least one person you know your travel plans. Some cruises are going to ask you for a number of a friend who is not going on the trip with you in case of emergencies
All right, you have decided to go on vacation. But just because you’ve decided to go on vacation doesn’t mean that you know where you want to go. What you do know is that you are not made of money, and don’t need to spend a fortune on it. Read on to find out some places you might want to consider.
- Atlanta is the first place this article mentions. I know they have a great zoo and a fantastic aquarium, and they also have a lot of nice museums you can visit. There is also a lot of shopping and a myriad of restaurants. A
- nd next there is Detroit, and this is a great place to go if you don’t want to spend a lot of cash. They also have great aquarium you can explore. And they do have a LEGOLAND. It looks they have several of those hidden room/adventure games you can play.
- Kansas City is another destination that is very easy on the pocketbook. They have a great museum about World War Two and a museum about baseball. And you do not want to leave without trying their barbecue.
What do you do to get ready for a vacation? Do you read everything you can get your hands on about the place you are planning to go? Do you have a bucket list that you choose from. Or do you pick the cheapest place and then forget everything until it is time to leave?
- You might want to do a little research. In some countries, America is revered, but other places do not like America. You will be wise to know how your destination feels. And if they don’t like us, why don’t they like us? Are there habits they can’t stand? You should know at least that much.
- Do you want to have to buy every single thing that you eat and drink? Even when I go out of the country, I take snacks in my suitcase. And don’t forget to bring that waterbottle.
- You can choose. You can pay a lot for your entertainment. But there is also a lot you can do that will cost you nothing. You just have to do a little research.
- Remember that you are on vacation. You do not want to be on your phone like you are the rest of the time. Make yourself put your phone down and enjoy your vacation and the people you’re with.
- Life happens. Sometimes it rains when you would like to be outside.. Or the place you wanted to explore could be closed for any number of reasons. Have backup plans.
Today let’s look at some more travel tips.
- You are going on vacation. You are not going to need everything that you think you might need. You are going to be busy having fun and relaxing. Take comfortable clothing, and clothing that is easy to wash in your hotel sink. Limit yourself to one device for each person is going on the trip.
- But be sure to take the things that you know you will need. Take any medicine that you are going to need. Figure out all the papers that you are going to need, and put those in a folder which you will want to know where that is at all times. And do not forget to bring your chargers.
- People like to do different things on their vacations. Some like to be busy the whole time. Others like sitting beside the pool with a good book at least part of the time. Do some planning, but make sure everyone is free to choose what they do.
- Make sure you know exactly what you’re getting into. It is usually best to book your trip well before you are to leave. And read the fine to print sure that you don’t run into any surprises along the way.
- It used to be that you wanted to be sure to have plenty of film. Now you want to be to know sure to have your camera’s memory cleared before you start on your trip. Put everything on your computer. You won’t want to have to worry about limiting your pictures. I know that most everyone has gps on your phones. But you want to have some kind of back up plan. Print out directions to the places you know you want to go to. And take a map.
Can you believe that we are only a couple of weeks away from Memorial Day weekend? Summer is just around the corner. Have you thought about what you might want to do for a summer vacation? Maybe you’re at a place where you would love to do a vacation that is on the nicer side, but you do not want to spend a fortune. You can’t, there is just not a lot of money in your budget. Today I have some suggestions that might just work for you.
- Sure, everyone knows that Orlando, Florida is the amusement park capitol. Unfortunately, that place can get awful expensive. Instead you might want to try Lakeland or Winter Haven. You will still be fairly close to places like LEGOLAND. These are towns where you can get accommodations at much more reasonable prices..
- Or you might want to try Daytona Beach. Your family doesn’t love racing? That is no problem. You are going to find lots of other things to do in this city. You will be able to enjoy water parks, museums, and beaches here.
- Does your family love being in the great outdoors? Tuscon, Arizona is a destination that you might want to seriously consider. Here you will find plenty of outdoors activities to keep you busy. Do you need things to do in case of bad weather? This city also has a lot in the way of historical and cultural attractions. There are also a lot of great shops.
- Are your kids dying to go to an amusement park? You might want to try checking out Branson, Missouri. Their amusement park is called Silver Dollar city. Table Rock Lake is another attraction that you will not want to miss.
Let’s keep looking at some cool thing about Norwegian’s Epic. Are you liking what you’re reading about? I would love to help you plan a cruise. If you are interested, please let me know at email@example.com.
- The first thing we are going to look at is that they have a really cool bar. It is called the Swedka Ice Bar. When I said cool, I meant that quite literally. This place is kept at a temperature below freezing. Personally I don’t see the attraction to keeping it that cold. Wouldn’t most people get uncomfortable pretty quickly and just leave?
- Most cruises are going to have some kind of dance parties for all of their guests to enjoy together. And the Epic is no exception to this. Dance the night away at their Glow Party in Spice H2O.. You will be listening to pop music. And as you might be able to imagine, the glow sticks will be flowing.
- Have you ever been to one of these escape rooms that are becoming so popular? The Epic has one, and it is called the Big Top. You will be joining teams to try to figure how to beat the curse before your time runs out.
Are travel agents really a thing anymore? I mean, anyone can get on the internet and book a trip for themselves, can’t they? Travel agents do exist, and I know some make good money. Today we are going to look at some things you should do when you work with a travel agent.
- First, be up front about what you would like to spend on your trip. Are you willing to spend more to know that your family is safe? Do you hope to have a trip where you are pampered? Are you just trying to get the lowest price out there?
- Ask your travel agent about what they are going to charge you. They should be able to break everything down for you so that you will know what you are spending and why. You should feel good about where your money is going.
- No one travel agent would be able to know every single thing about every single trip out there. Most travel agents are going to know other travel agents. Some travel agents are experts in one kind of travel or another. Picking other travel agents’ brains is part of what we do. And this will ensure that you get the best experience possible.
- I would love to know how your trip went. I will usually follow up with you once you are home from your trip. Please write me and let me know how everything went.
I mentioned yesterday that cruising has evolved a lot over the years. It used to be that when you went on a cruise, you went on a certain type of ship. But one thing that the cruise industry is always trying to do is expand their business, aren’t we all? The cruise people know that there are lots of kinds of people out there, with a lot of different interests.
In the past, a big ship would hold around two thousand people. Now these mega ships usually hold around six thousand guests, and I don’t know how big of a crew they might have. And then there are the ultra luxury river cruise ships that take less than two hundred guests.
The larger ships are more likely to have multiple pools the big theaters water parks, and multiple dining options. The advantages of a small ship? You are going to be able to get into much smaller ports. You are going to get a much higher level of service.
Now some of the larger cruiselines are going to have groups of ships that are built similarly. Some of the ships will be smaller and some will be larger. They are called sister ships. What is most important to you when it comes to a cruise?
If you are thinking about taking your first cruise, and are totally confused by the whole process, please talk to me, I would love to help you book your first cruise.
I am going to be taking a long weekend this weekend. I know I will not be doing this Friday or Saturday, and actually we will have to see how things go all of next week. This subject kind of caught my eye, kind of feel in need of a vacation myself. I am keeping pretty busy between work and my class. We are going to be with extended family this weekend, and I can hardly wait.
Do you even remember the last time you took a vacation? A lot of Americans think they can forego vacations. To some, it’s a luxury they simply don’t feel like they can afford. Others feel like they can not time off of work. Still others love being in their own homes and don’t want to leave their comfortable lives. But what are some signs that you really need to take a break. Let’s look at some today.
- Work always causes stress. You may not know you are stressed, but your body does. How is it trying to tell you? You may keep getting headaches. Your back might hurt for no apparent reason.
- Or you may not be in any physical pain at all, you just do not feel like doing anything. The job you love now only seems to annoy you. You don’t want to do anything that usually excites you. You can not find satisfaction anywhere you turn.
- You may be having problems sleeping. You can’t seem to turn off your mind. And this does nothing to help your lack of motivation.
- You may be making mistakes at work. And that is never a good idea. You might be getting yelled at by your boss, which will do nothing good for your stress level.
Let’s look at some more reasons why family vacation is so important.
- Vacations are going to give your family time to actually be together. You will be away from everything you usually do, and will be able to concentrate on one another. And you will not have to do anything extravagant. Sometimes doing the simple things in life can be the most fun. Take a day and go to the zoo. I know I loved it when my family ordered pizza and hung out by the pool.
- A lot of parents don’t really think about this, but you are going to have an average eighteen summers with each child that you have. After that, you are going to have to compete with college, summer jobs, and significant others. It is a good idea to make the most of the time that you do have with them so that they will want to come home when that choice is theirs.
- Make that time to kick back and relax while you are on vacations. Some people jam pack their vacations just as much as their normal schedules. Make time to relax in front of good movies that the whole family can enjoy together. Do not make evening plans so that you can enjoy one another over nice dinners. Do you love playing board games together? Make time to do that.