Sometimes I have certain things I try to do each day. Obviously I do this each day. I check e-mail. And then I also try to do some training on different kinds of destinations or cruiselines, because what’s out there is pretty much limitless… I must confess that I was not coming up with ideas for this, and I was going to come back to this, but I this training module and thought that this might make a great post
For those that have never met me in person, I’m disabled. I have Cerebral Palsy, and I’m basically unable to do anything for myself. I sit in a wheelchair, and have a communication device that doubles as my computer.
To be honest, I’ve never been on a cruise, have no idea what that would be like. I have heard that going on a cruise might be difficult for me. But that might be changing slowly.
And I should also let you know that the course I am taking is through Norwegian Cruise Lines, so we will want to keep that in mind as well.
Here are some things we will want to keep in mind.
- Norwegian has wider hallways and bigger bathrooms making it easier for people in wheelchairs.
- Service pets are allowed on board ships. Norwegian follows the guidelines written up by the ADA.
- Many stateroom are going to have refrigerator in them so that you will be able to keep your medications. If you know you are going to need a refrigerator, all you really need to do is to say something to me.
- Norwegian does reserve the right to say that they don’t think they can accommodate your specific disability. We will need to contact them up front to ask if they are going to be able to accommodate you. This is something I can work on for you.
- I think we are going to get back to this tomorrow. I would really love to know your thoughts about all of this.
As a travel agent, part of my job is to educate you. When you plan a trip through me, I’ll send you as much information about your trip as you want. I can let you know the different places you will want to visit during your trip. I can let you know about the restaurants you might want to try. Of course, another thing I need to keep you knowledgeable about is passports for you leave the country. Let’s look at some of those today.
But maybe first we should discuss how to get a passport in the first place. I know when we got mine, I went down to the post office. We had gone to a drugstore before and had my taken there. I think the post office can take the pictures themselves, but that is usually more expensive. A woman helped us fill out the necessary paperwork.
These days you can also apply online. Apparently you can fill everything out, print it and then take it to the post office. Here are a few other things you should know.
- In order to get your passport, you will need to figure on spending around two hundred dollars. And yes, that should include your passport photos and everything.
- How long it takes to get your passport can vary a good bit, depending on the time of year and whether there have been any natural disasters recently. It is wisest to apply for your passport at least six months before you leave on your vacation.
- Each form you will need to fill out will have specific instructions on how to complete it.
I would love to know your thoughts on this or any questions you might have.
Are you still looking for that perfect summer getaway? Why not consider going to the Bahamas? this is a great place to enjoy some fun in the sun and so much more. Let’s looks at some specific reasons the Bahamas may be perfect for you.
- This is a beautiful island paradise. You will be surrounded by lots of clear blue water, miles of beautiful beach, which makes it a great place to relax with the ones you love. Another thing to remember is that the Bahamas is right off the coast of Florida, making it pretty easy to get to.
- The article I was originally reading just says that the Bahamas has great island cuisine. I wasn’t sure what that meant, so I looked it up. As you might imagine, they eat a lot of seafood here. And most of it is pretty spicy. But you will be able to get different kinds of cuisine, especially if you stay in one of the resorts.
- The females in your party are going to love the shopping here. You will be t find everything from handmade trinkets to everything you might find in one of the malls we’re used to.
- While the women go shopping, the men will have several option. For one thing, there is golf. There will also be explore, and lots of water sports you can try.
- There’s one more thing you should note. the people here are extremely friendly, and they will do everything they can to help you.
- I would love to know your thoesught about this.
I’m getting an early start and am extremely grateful. I have several things I would like to do today and feel like I am going to have more time.. Also, I wanted to let you know that I’m not sure how much internet access to have next week. We’ll just have to wait and see how everything plays out.
I am told that one of the most lucrative niches you can get into in the travel industry is doing honeymoons. People are usually willing to spend more on this trip, because it is hopefully going to be an once in a lifetime experience. BRIDES Magazine has done a survey and has found St Lucia to be among the most popular places to go on your honeymoon. Today let’s look at some reasons you should consider Sandals’ Regency La Toc.
- The island where this resort is located is truly beautiful. It is the perfect setting for a trip with the one you love. There will be lush gardens you can walk through. They have fire pits where you can cuddle with the one you love in the evenings.
- This is an all inclusive resort, so there will be no need to worry, or have any discussions about finances, while you are there. You will be able to take care of the whole bill even before you arrive.
- Sandals is going to have luxurious accommodations no matter where you choose to stay. They are going to have some really nice suites in their hotel area. Even nicer are their stand alone bungalows which will have their own pools and everything.
- With Sandals, when you stay at one resort, you will have access to all of the activities on all of their resorts. And they will have a shuttle that will take you from place to place.
- You will be choosing from nine different restaurants during your stay here. You will be able to order anything that you like here, and again everything will be covered in that one price you pay up front.
I would love to know your thoughts on this, or any questions you might have.
Let’s face it. Getting to a cruise is not always fun or easy. Depending on where you live, you might have to drive several hours. You may even have to fly. But let’s look at some things that should make getting to your cruise easier.
- It is highly recommended to give yourself a day between getting to the city where your port is and when you actually get on board your ship. You can never know what might go wrong when you’re traveling. And it’s just going to add stress if you get behind for whatever reason.
- Especially if you are flying, have a plan to know how you are going to get to your port. Are you going to take a taxi or Uber? Might the city have a bus system?
- Dressing in layers is always wise. You can never be sure what the weather will be like. And you can always pull your sweater overshirt off.
- Try to pack everything you might need in your carryon. You don’t know when your other luggage might arrive. And it is always a good idea to be safe rather than sorry.Pack everything you know you’ll need in this. Have your documentation and any medication you might need in here, and then add whatever clothes you can.
- A lot of the major cruiselines are going to have people taking pictures of you as you board. They may even have a pirate you can take pictures with. Be prepared for that.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. Please let me know.
There are many, many things that I’d like to get done today. I have some things I want to try with my writing. So let me do this so that I can get to other things.
Summer will officially be here next week. But hopefully by now most everyone’s school has let out. I know when school lets out depend on a wide variety of factors. And then there are our homeschooling who might have gotten out months or might not really take a summer break. Whatever you do, I hope you take one summer vacation as a family. Today let’s take a look at some more tips for traveling with children.
- You will want to make up a little bag for each child. Put in their favorite small toys, maybe a game or two, snacks that they will enjoy. For the littler people in your family, you may even want to include a change of clothes.
- Hopefully the bags I’ve described are going to keep them busy for a good while. Consider rewarding good behavior with time on your phone or IPad.
- But keep in mind that driving time is also a good time to talk and enjoy being together. Tell stories about what things were like as you were growing up. Play games the whole family can enjoy on the road.
- While you are on vacation, you shouldn’t always be rushing from one activity to the next. Take some time each day where everyone simply reads a book or maybe watches a movie together. Probably the best time to do this is right before dinner so that everyone will enjoy the evening’s fun.
- You are going to want to pick the best accommodations for you and your family and the trip that you want to take. Some resorts cater to children, others cat to adults. You want to go some place that is going to be welcoming to your idea of fun.
Helping you plan your vacation just the way you want it is what I’m here for. Please let me know if you would like my help.
Some people go on a cruise because they want to experience different destinations. And a cruise is wonderful way to explore several destinations at once, maybe getting a feel for where you would like to take a longer trip. But some people have no idea what they should do while they are on board the ship. Let me give you some ideas.
- The first thing that comes to mind is to enjoy the water. Cruise ships always have pools. And now they don’t just have pools, they’ll have water parks and things like.
- Most ships are going to have shows for their guests to enjoy. They will have Broadway type shows, movies both in theaters and in your room. They’ll have comedy acts.
- Have a night where the ship doesn’t have a show you want to go to? Try God’s show of stars. You’ll be amazed at how many stars you can see aboard a ship. This makes a nice backdrop for an evening of romance.
- Yes, there is a lot o indulge in if you want to on a cruise. They have a lot of nice buffets, as well as nicer restaurants, bars, and clubs.
- But cruises also know that some people are trying to stay healthy, ever when they do go on a cruise. Most ships are going to have fitness centers, as well as healthy choices on their cruises. Theme cruises are growing in popularity these days, and there are whole cruises planned around getting fit.
- Want to learn something while you’re on your vacation? They have cruises where you can learn all about food and wine. They’ll also have cruises where you will be learning about art, or history. Name what you want study and I should able to find you a cruise.
- Most cruises are going to have plenty of things you can do as a family. But they will also have a lot of ways to keep your children entertained while you and your husband enjoy alone time.
I would love to hear what your favorite part about being on board a cruise ship is.
When a lot of people think of vacations in the summer, they think about going to the beach. I know the beach is beautiful and a lot of fun. But it can also be messy and a pain if you don’t do things right. Today we are going to look at some things that may help your whole experience go better.
- The problem with taking coolers to the beach is that they’re heavy and often awkward to carry. Take juice boxes and freeze them at night. And then when you go to the beach, they can help keep other things cold. And the bonus is, the juice boxes will make excellent slushies.
- Have littles that might not be ready for the ocean, but still want to play in the water? Bring a baby pool for them to play in. It will be much easier for you to keep an eye on them, and it will also probably be more relaxing for everyone.
- Love the beach, but hate the sand? Bring your baby powder. Rubbing powder wherever you wetter get sand is a great way to get all the nasty stuff to come off.
- Have you wanted a tattoo but have been afraid to get one? Do a sunscreen design on yourself. It won’t be permanent, but much maybe that is a good thing.
- Bored at the beach? Give yourself a spa day. Paint your nails. Do a facial. Give yourself a hot oil treatment. This works even better if you have friends who want to work on each other.
- But you will want to be careful about how much sun you actually get. use sunscreen and take your beach umbrella. And a beach vacation is the perfect time to catch up on your favorite shows or movies.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this.
Hawaii is a place many people want to go to. For many people it is simply a beautiful beach.. Others may want to try their golf. Other people may want to explore Pearl Harbor. But today we are going to talk about what Hawaii has to offer in the way of food.
Food is a big part of our lives. Most people I know tend to eat two to three times a day. Our bodies need the food to turn it into energy we need to live. Eating together is also a good way to enjoy our family or friends. It is nice to have good conversation and relax over our dinner after working all day.. Some people like eating the same things day after day. Other people always like trying something new. And traveling because you love food is becoming more and more popular. People are trying all kinds of new dishes. They are also taking cooking classes, mixeology classes, and exploring vineyards and things like that.
So what does this have to do with Hawaii? The Sheraton Maui recognizes that foodie travel is becoming a popular thing, and they are trying to get in on this segment of the travel industry. For starters, they are going to be offering culinary classes on select Tuesdays in August, and their mixeology classes will be held the following Thursday.
On the culinary side, you will be learning about things like breadfruit. You will also be learning about how the pineapple was introduced to Hawaii. In the mixeology class, you will learn how to make several different drinks and will be enjoying appetizers as well. You will get discounts on certain restaurants when you participate in these classes.
I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
I have to be honest, what I wrote yesterday got me curious about the whole concept about this. So that’s why we are going to look at this more today.. Sadly for many couples, getting married is not some huge change in their lives. They have been living together before marriage, and so going on a vacation together may not seem all that special, even if they do go to some exotic place. Friends, and even family, can make the trip even special.. Okay, let’s look at some etiquette for these things.
- Unless bride and groom are rich or extremely popular, they are not going to invite everyone they know. It is best not to talk to anyone about it until you know they have been invited.
- Remember that this is the couple’s honeymoon and let them have their privacy. They are going to need their own suite, and you probably should keep out of there.
- The couple wants to spend time with you, they wouldn’t have invited you if they didn’t. But they are going to want privacy as well. Be respectful of that. Hopefully you are going to know and enjoy the other people in the group.
- With that said, it really does help everyone when the couple makes a schedule. This will help clear up any miscommunications.
- The group also want to be considerate of other couples. Who knows? This trip might produce another engagement which might lead to another buddymoon.
Let me know your thoughts on this.