We are going to get back to our discussion on winter destinations.
- I am going through an article written by someone else, so I know this first one for today may sound a little strange, trust me, it sounds weird to me as well. But the destination is Anchorage, Alaska. Alaska is cold and dark a lot of the year. And while this is especially true in winter, this is a great time to see Northern Lights. You may also want to see the famous dog sledding race.
- You may want to visit San Juan, Puerto Rico, which doesn’t sound nearly as weird to me. There are a lot of festivals in the San Juan area during the winter months. You will not find a deserted island, but you will find reasonable accommodations and some fantastic weather.
- Houston, Texas is huge, but then again isn’t everything in Texas? This is an up and coming vacation spot. They have some historic sites. You will also find some interesting museums in this city.
- Looking for a city that has a lot to do? Try San Diego. They have great beaches. They have a fantastic zoo. There is a lot of great night life. You might also want to get a glimpse of Mexico from here.
- Want to experience some Southern charm? Go to Savannah, Georgia. You will avoid some of the crowds if you go in the winter. But there will be some nice festivals for you to take part in.
Let’s get back to looking at some more winter destinations you might be interested in trying. Are you thinking about planning a vacation? I would love to help you book it. Please let me know if you are interested. The best way were to reach me is by e-mail, and that is firstname.lastname@example.org. I also have a Facebook group and that ishttps://www.facebook.com/groups/TravelforMompreneurs/.
- Do you like snow and art? Okay, so that might be a strange combination. But you might want to try Park City, Utah. Here you will find some interesting art galleries. There will be several places to play in the snow, no matter your age or stage. There will also be concerts to enjoy.
- This might not be such a strange combination, but are you interested in wellness and golf? Or maybe you are interested in wellness and your husband is into golf, although it might be the other way around? Consider going to Scottsdale, Arizona. This place has some excellent resorts you might enjoy.
- Are you absolutely obsessed with Christmas? Plan a trip to Austn, Texas between December 13th until Christmas Eve. You will love their Christmas Bazaar. You will find lots of live music, several of the city’s bars are involved, and you will always have the chance to shop.
- You might think of Hawaii as a summer destination, but it isn’t. The islands have beautiful weather all year round. And Mid December is when whale watching season begins.
- Have you always dreamed of Yellowstone, but aren’t sure when to go? Going in winter is going to cut down on the crowds, except for your fellow outdoor enthusiasts. This is the perfect time to enjoy your favorite outdoor sports at this park.
- Orlando, Florida is known as the theme park capitol. And although Christmas time might be nearly as bad as summer, other times are going to be slower. Go and check out all those rides.
It has been something of a strange day, but I’m working now, so let me do this before I really start on other projects.
Those of us who are in the south may not believe it, but autumn and winter are truly on their way. Let’s look at some places you might want to go.
- It is definitely not too early to start planning a trip so that you can experience in New Orleans. I mean, you have to go and experience this at least once in your life. You are going to find that a lot of rooms are already booked, but some will not be.
- Have you figured out what you are going to be doing for New Year’s this coming year? I hear that Vegas is a great place to ring in the new year. Of course, when isn’t it a great time to party in this city?
- Of course, the place to be on New Year’s is New York City. Then again, any time during the holidays is a great time to visit the big city. There is so much to do in this place. You have great shopping. You have world-class plays. You also likely have snow.
- If you like snow, even if it is only to look at, you will want to try to get to Breckenridge, Colorado. This place has something for everyone, whether or not you like playing in the snow. It has some great boutique shopping. And it is home to several nice resorts.
- Are you more interested in going somewhere warm this winter? Try Miami. For sure you will find a lot of great night life here. There are beautiful beaches you can enjoy any time of the year.
I have had a crazy week as far as work goes. Hopefully next week is going to be a little less wild. I’ve been looking at some different jobs.. Anyway, decided to go through my spam folder, and from what I can tell, Disney is a pretty popular topic. First, I’m glad you like my work, and second I would love to help a trip to Disney if you are interested. Please just let me know
- I mentioned that Disney has dining plans on Wednesday, but let’s look at that some more. Each of following describes what you will get each day of your plan. Choose the Quick Service Plan, you are going to get two quick service meals and two snacks. With the Disney dining plan, you will get two snacks, one quick service meal, and one meal at a restaurant. Now if you want to do a Deluxe dining plan, you will get three meals and two snacks.
- I know with Disney you are going to have a lot to figure. That is why you will want my help. I can help you do all the research to figure things out. I can save you hours of work.
- Believe it or not, there are some inexpensive souvenirs at Disney, you just have to find. There are also scavenger hunts you can do.
I’d bet that if you asked your children where they would like to go on vacation, they would say that they want to go to Disney World. But unfortunately, the “most magical place on earth” is also known as the “most expensive place on earth”.. Today let’s look at some ways you might be able to save on your next Disney vacation.
- When you go to Disney, you will pretty always want to stay on property. And yes, that is even true if you are trying to save money. There are some what they call “Value Resorts” that are pretty comparable to other hotels in the area. Some of these hotels are going to have their own entertainment. You will always receive free transportation when you stay at one of Disney’s resorts, and you will be able to take advantage of their “Magic Hours”. And one more advantage of staying at a Disney resort is that sometimes you can get a great deal on their din plans.
- Disney has a whole lot to offer families, so much so that you will want to plan out your trip. You will want to decide which rides you want to use your Fastpasses. You can even book the time ranges that you want to go on these rides. Disney also has a lot of character dining experiences you can take part in. You will just need to figure out which ones would mean the most to your children.
- Okay, yes, Park Hopper Passes are going to cost you a little extra, but getting these will allow you to get into any park that you want. You can actually switch parks several times a day. And this will probably allow you to stay fewer days. Let’s get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would enjoy hearing your thoughts on any of this. I would also love to help you plan a trip to Disney.
My last post was for yesterday. Today let’s look at some memorials commemorating today and all it stands for. It has been seventeen years since the attacks, can you believe it?
- Okay, first there is a memorial in New York City. They are closed September eleventh, wondering if they consider it some kind of holiday? But it is usually opened each day, and you can purchase tickets up to six months in advance.
- New Jersey has a memorial called Empty Sky Memorial. It was built to honor New Jersey’s victims, and this place was ready in time for the tenth anniversary of the attacks.
- The Pentagon Memorial is located in Arlington, Virginia. It, of course, commemorates the victims of the Pentagon attack. Parking is limited, so you may want to take public transportation.
- I guess this is to show England’s support of us. September 11th Memorial Garden has been opened in London just two years. They communicated with people who lost loved ones in the attacks as they built this.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. Would you like to do a September 11th tour? Please let me know.
Earlier this week, we were talking about traveling with kids, and how to do that right. But what about when the four-footed members of your family come along? Today let’s look at some tips that might help you with that.
- I have seen a lot of hotels that advertise that they are pet a friendly. But I’m not sure that means the same thing to everyone. So you will want to call ahead to make sure your dog will have everything he needs.
- Before you leave on your expedition might be a great time to take your pet to the vet, just to make sure that there are no health problems to watch out for along the way.
- Some hotels, campgrounds, and other accommodations provide everything you may need for your pet. But that is the exception and not the rule. So at the minimum, you will want to take your dog’s food and a leash. Did the vet put your dog on any medicine? Be sure not to forget that.
- Buckle up for safety, ever heard that expression? That’s true not just for you, but also for your pet. Pet stores sell doggie seats and harnesses. And keeping your dog secure also means that your pet will not do anything crazy while you’re driving keeping you safer as well.
- Going to the bathroom, it’s something all of us do. Does your pet go on command? That’s something you might want to work on before your trip. It will make bathroom breaks quicker, and will enable your pet to get used to going anywhere.
- Your pet is going to need to take a break out of the car every few hours. Factor those stops in when you’re considering your overall driving time. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Look up some vets in the place you are going just in case an emergency comes up. Keep that information on your phone.
- Never feed your dog right before your trip. Feeding them a couple of hours will help ensure that your dog will not make a mess in your car.
- Take your pet on a test drive just to make sure they do well in the car. Drive for at least an hour or two to make sure they do well. If they do not well on that drive, you are going to be better off to find a dog sitter for your trip.
I must confess that I often have no idea what I am going to write about each day until I get ready to write, unless I’m in the middle of a series or something. I often look at travel news for inspiration.
But there are certain things I’m passionate about.. My heart in this business is to help families reconnect through travel. Families are extremely busy these days. Both parents usually have careers they are working on. They may have parents they’re trying to take care of. And then somewhere, somehow, even grown ups need some time to relax and have fun. And children have their school and then all their extracurricular activities. Families hardly take the time to sit down and eat together.. I think families spending so little time together is why so many families are breaking up. And that is devastating. I think the breakdown of the family may be part of why this country is getting so messed up.. But let’s not go there.
BUT ANYWAY. Work\life balance is so important. I talk about that balance a lot on my Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/TravelforMompreneurs/. Back to what I was saying earlier, usually I don’t know what to talk about, but I again wanted something about this passion I have for work\life balance today.
And then I saw this article on the travel news about how Americans taking fewer vacations. And not only are we as a society taking fewer vacations, taking fewer vacations is leading to depression in some people. This is especially true of people who have not taken a vacation in two years or more.
Is that you? I would love to help you plan a vacation. All you have to do is to write me at email@example.com. I’ll help you work through everything you need to in order to plan an excellent vacation. Please let me know.
I hope everyone had a good weekend. I know I did. When you work from home, it seems extra important to try to get out and do some fun things on the weekend. I did have some fun this weekend, and that makes starting work again much better. We are going to get back to some tips you might want to remember when you’re traveling with children.
- Okay, if this is your first time traveling with your first baby, you would be wise to remember that traveling with a baby is going to be different than traveling as a
- couple or group of adults. That resort you and your friends absolutely loved might not be the best to take your children to. Were there a lot of hills to walk that you might not want to push a stroller up and down? Were there long waits at the restaurants? Were people coming up and down the halls at all hours of the night?
- If you are going to be vacationing at a place where you are going to be in seas of people, make sure you have your name and a way to contact you inside all your child’s clothing. And please remember what your children are wearing.
- Planning on going to the beach? You might want to make sure that the place you’re staying has a pool as well. Some children love the ocean, others will not go near it. However, most all children I know love playing in pools.
- A fairly common question for most new parents is, what should I take to hold my baby? Should we take a stroller, or should we just take a sling and be done with it? There are a lot of factors to this. Is the place you are going hot, or will it be pretty temperate? How much packing room will you have? What do you and your baby prefer?
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. Would love to know what you are thinking.