Have you ever been on a cruise? Do you go to the ports? Some people go on cruises just to be on those fantastic ships and take advantage of all that they have to offer. Let’s get back to our discussion about what to expect when you go on a shore excursion.
- Okay, in a lot of places where you are going to need visas, the ship itself is going to take care of all of that. Your cruise will be able to let you know when you will need to make visa arrangements. Ask if you aren’t sure.
- How long are we going to be in port? That varies quite lot. Some cruises are going to give you as little as fifteen minutes, but I don’t think that is very typical. Some cruises are meant to be destination immersion experiences, and they are going to give you maybe a couple of overnight excursions. Normally though, you will have somewhere between five and nine hours in any given port.
- And it will also vary greatly how far the cruise people are going to get you to the places that you will want to be when you are in port sometimes you will let off steps from where you will want to be. Other times, you will need to take a bus or taxi.
- You can go between the port and your ship as often as you’d like. But sometimes you will need to stand in line to get back and forth.
If you have never been a cruise, one of the things that you may want to know more about is cruise excursions. Today we are going to discuss this very thing. Let’s get started.
- First, pretty much everything that you are going to do on a cruise is optional. And while this was not always the case, cruise ship these days usually have lots you can do online. You can do anything you want whenever you feel like it. And while a lot of people are on the shore excursions is a more relaxing time to enjoy the ship. But that is a topic for another day, because today we are talking about excursions themselves.
- You may wonder how you get off of the ship. Usually the ship is going to arrive in the port in the early morning. People from the ship will handle all of the logistics and legalities. Once everything is ready, it will be announced over the loud speakers that passengers should begin disembarking. Many times, those who are in a higher class room, and those who have paid a premium to do so, will be allowed to disembark first.
- You will need to take your cruise card because you won’t be able to get off the ship or return to it without it, so don’t forget it. In most places, you will also need your passport. You will also want to bring water bottles, snacks, swim suit, and things like that, things that you might need for a day of leisure.
Let’s get back to our discussion of some of the best places around the world. You may be getting the itch and want to travel right away. Or you may still think it’s best to wait a while. Either way, here are some ideas for when you are ready to travel.
- And the first place we are going to look at today is Austria. Have you ever watched the Sound of Music? This movie is set in Austria. Not long ago, the country was seen as beautiful without question, but otherwise pretty unexciting to go to. But the country has reinvented itself, and has made itself more attractive, especially to the younger set. Here you can tour a lot of art galleries. This year is especially full of musical celebrations. And they have a lot of nice new hotels.
- Are you trying to get South of the border, and by that I mean Mexico? You might want to try Baja Sur’s East Cape. There Four Seasons has built a built a new resort. It does not sound like it is huge as they have only about 140 room. But here they have pools, golf course, and beach front you can enjoy. This is an area where beach meets mountains meets desert, so be sure to get off the resort and explore.
- Do you love visiting islands? You might want to try Barbados. Like us, this was another British colony they seem to be pretty to be pretty much always down for a party. And I think they are holding a year long festival this year. This article does not say whether this has changed because of Covid.
Photo by Anna Tukhfatullina Food Photographer/Stylist on Pexels.com
Do you want to know more about some of the best places to travel to. First, these places are not my picks, I’m taking it from an article as usual. So let’s start by looking at some of the criteria they used when deciding on these specific places. And I should probably mention that this is taken from Travel + Leisure’s website. They have listed the most popular places, and looked at a lot of different place on the web to get this information. They are looking at great restaurants, great new hotels, and they also also a lot to the professionals. So without further ado, let’s get started on some of these destinations.
- And today we are going to start with Addis Abada, Ethiopia. One of the things that you may find interesting is Menelik Palace. For nearly the first forty years of its existence, this palace was closed to all visitors. But the new prime minister has now opened it up. They have also recently expanded their airport. They have a museum that features both old and new Ethiopian trinkets and treasures. They also have other art galleries.
- Have you Ever wanted to to visit Peru? You might want to try Arequipa. For starters, it has some absolutely fascinating architecture. They have recently built some much-needed hotels in this city. But the hotels have not taken away from the old city charm, the hotels were built to fit right in. They also have some fantastic restaurants that you will want to try.
- Are you looking for something a little closer to home? I hear that Asheville, North Carolina is an up and coming destination. There are a lot of breweries that you can explore. People were doing farm to table here before it became a popular thing. You will find art galleries and interesting places to shop.
We are going to get back to our discussion on road trips, and how to make them the best they can be.
- You probably want to pack a cooler an. Yes, I know that restaurants are opening up, and there are always food drive throughs and gas stations where you can get food. But it gets old having to stop every time you’d like something to eat. Besides, you might feel the need to eat something healthy, and you might not find that as easily when you are on the road.
- Some people want to plan out every minute of their trip. That is not wise to do. This is vacation, you are supposed to be relaxing. You might want to stop somewhere you did not know about when you started out. Your kids will probably be disappointed if you don’t spend most evenings by the hotel pool.
- You are also going to want to do your best to keep your car clean. Make a space where most of your stuff will go. Have each child pack a small bag of stuff that will keep them entertained while you are traveling. And make yourself do a little straightening when you stop for the evening.
- Make yourself stop every couple of hours at least. Long drives in the car can get pretty boring, especially for little people. Stop at interesting places that you see along the way. Get everyone treats to enjoy.
The road trip may be one of the most viable trip options these days. And besides, road trips are going to give you a lot of flexibility to go and do whatever you want whenever you feel like it. Not many other trips can give you that kind of freedom. Today let’s look at some things you should do if you take one of these road trips.
- First, you will want to take your car to your mechanic and make sure your car is in good working order before you leave on your trip. You don’t want to get stuck out in the middle of nowhere unable to get your car to work.
- You will also want to make sure you have everything in order before you leave your home. Is your grass mowed? Do you have someone to get your mail? What are you going to do with your pets while you are away? Don’t be afraid to hire someone. A lot of people are out of work and would be happy to take even a small job.
- Most hotels are going to have wifi. Make sure you have everything you will need for the day by the time you head out each day. That includes the maps you might need. And also think about any entertainment you and your children might want while you are on the road.
- You are going to want to have everything you’ll need for your phone. Bring your normal charger and your car charger. If you don’t have one already, buy a phone holder for your phone.
Today let’s look at some things you could do on the OasIs class ships on Royal Caribbean. I would love to know if you would like to take a cruise sometime and would like me to help you plan one.
- And the first one we are going to look at is, they have a great carousel that you can ride. That would be a great thing for you and your family to do together. Everyone can ride on different animals, it isn’t only horses. It’s also disability friendly.
- Do you like getting wet when you are watching a show? If you don’t, sit above the first few rows. There are different shows you can watch here. And although the show is free, you will need to make reservations in order to get in.
- You are going to also be able to ice skate if you would like. I don’t think you will need to pay anything to skate. You can also bring your own skates if you are that professional. However, you will need to check the schedule because they are not opened all of the time.
- And this is because they also have laser tag in this arena. Kids of all ages will love this. Smaller kids are going to need to be accompanied by adult, but everyone should be able to play.
I would love to know what you would like to hear more about. Please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s start looking at some more random tips..
- You may or not be one of those people who has to take their pillow with them anywhere you might sleep. But whether or not you do that, you should take a pillowcase or two. These are great for putting your dirty clothes in. It can also help to wrap up your breakables.
- Do you know you are going to have to do some laundry in your hotel sink? You will also want to take along some baby shampoo. It isn’t going to hurt anything you want to wash. You can also use this to defogg your goggles.
- Bring along your floss. And no, I do not mean just for your pearly whites. You never know when you might have a sewing emergency.
- Do you love wearing necklaces and always end up taking along several? Have trouble getting them untangled? I hear taking along straws will help you.. I’m not sure how to describe this to you. But look it up online.
- You can also use egg cartons. You’ll have small compartments where you will be able to separate your stuff. It will also look uninteresting to thieves.
- Another thing that you may want to bring along is some dryer sheets. Stick them in shoes and dirty laundry bags to keep odors away. They also help get rid of static.
Photo by Anna Tukhfatullina Food Photographer/Stylist on Pexels.com
Today was one of those days that I had problems deciding what to write about for you. I confess that a normal Thanksgiving sounds pretty awesome to me right now, with all of the lovely food and being with family. But maybe you and your family have decided that you want to do something different for Thanksgiving this year.
- Let’s look at some destinations, besides Grandma’s, that you might want to consider. There is Knott’s Berry Farm. You will need to travel to Buena Park, California to experience this. Your family is sure to love their restaurant’s Thanksgiving brunch.
- Disney World is going to have several options for you if you decide to visit them over Thanksgiving. And I think Thanksgiving is the quieter time to visit as opposed to Christmas which is usually pretty crazy. But quiet at Disney is all pretty relative. Anyway, they will have a spread for you in the Magic Kingdom. But don’t say I didn’t warn you, your hosts here will be two mice. The strange thing is that these mice are also going to be into Disney’s campground, and you will be treated to a lot of fine country cooking.
- Disney will also have something for those who want a little nicer atmosphere. The restaurant is called Artist’s Point, and it sounds like they serve a pretty upscale menu. Their Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn and Cafe is going to have pretty standard fare.
- Are you going to Disney to ride the rides, and don’t even want to stop to eat? Both Disney world and Disneyland have quick service options you.
- Hersheypark is also to give you and your family an excellent dinner. They also have a spa where you can get treatments.
When you are in the beginning stages of raising your family, when your days are full of diaper changes, temper tantrums and kissing booboos, the fact that you’ll really have only eighteen summers with each child you have might not cross your mind. But an that is a reality that you have to face. Here are some vacation ideas that you really should take with your children before they leave the house.
- First of all, you should get your whole extended family together and go on a cruise together. Cruises are a great trip for extended families to take together, because there is so much you can do on a cruise? Do you want to spend most of your time by the pool, or you might want to take that cooking classes. The boys of the family want to do sports stuff most of the time. And your parents know that they want to take full advantage of the spa. Your whole family can meet up for dinner and compare notes.
- Every family should go and visit America’s favorite mouse at least once. Disney has two huge theme parks. Does your family love riding rides together? Are your girls just crazy about the Disney princesses? Do your boys love everything to do with “Toy Story”? I’ve also heard that Disney cruises are fantastic, and that everyone should go on one at least once.
- DC is a truly fascinating place. They have all kinds of memorials and museums for you to visit and explore. People are welcome to visit the Capitol and White House. And they also have a great zoo. You will learn a lot, but they also have some fantastic parks where your family can play together, and you will be able to choose from a lot of great restaurants.