I’m in a really weird place. First, I want to apologize for not being on any last week. I was surprised by my family with a week of camp not. It was a fantastic week. I do not plan being online much this week either, we have family stuff going on. My plan is to return to work next Monday, but we’ll see how everything goes.
When it comes to when to book your cruise, my recommendation is that you book your cruise, or any trip, early so that you will get exactly what you want. But booking cruises at the last minute might enable you to get some awesome cruise deals. Let’s look are at a few of those today.
- Windstar is taking cruisers to Alaska for the first time. I hear that a cruise is a great way to explore Alaska. And Windstar is a luxury cruise line for sure. You might want to check out what is still available.
- Holland America also has room on their vessels that are going to Alaska. And this is one of the more popular destinations for Holland America.
- Seabourn is another luxury cruise line that has room on its vessels that are going to Alaska. Do you want to see some beautiful wildlife? Are you looking to explore some volcanos? Go to Alaska?
If you do not already have a vacation planned, you might want to considerplanning one for either late August or early September. Today we are going to start looking at some destinations you might want to consider.
- And let’s start with Anguilla which is located in the Caribbean. This sounds like a nicer area with a lot of luxurious resorts.. You are going to find many five star places here.
- Key West is always going to be nice, but you will be able to get a very nice breeze most of the time. Their Duval Street always has a party going on. And surprisingly, some of the hotels are going to have their best rates in the summertime. H
- ave you wanted to visit Vietnam, but haven’t been sure when? Late summer through October is going to be when the crowds die down. This is also when prices drop. You will also enjoy great temperatures light rainfall.
- Mexico is always pretty inexpensive, but this is especially true during the summer months. Places like Cancun, Playa Del Carmen and Tulum are all going to have great rates whether you want a normal hotel or an all inclusive resort.
- Are you craving winter in summer? Try going to New Zealand. You are going to get great rates anywhere you go. And you will also avoid the crowds.
Rome is a pretty popular destination. Italy is known for having exquisite food and wine. Some of the greatest artists of the Renaissance were Italy, and so there is a lot of art museums you may want to explore. And of course, Rome itself is home to the Catholic Church and. Today let’s start by looking at a few basics.
- First, when do you want to travel to Rome? It is usually best to go either sometime in April or May, or sometime in September or October. The summer months can get extremely hot here. And even if you do want to brave the heatwave, you will want to avoid August because that’s when the people there take their vacations. Airfare is usually at its lowest in September and October, which is another thing you’d want to keep in mind.
- How long should you plan to stay in Rome? That mostly depends on what you want to see while there. If you want to see all the major sites, you’ll want to stay between four days and a week. Doing it in less than that is going leave you feeling pretty rushed. And part of the point of vacationing is to relax.
- Speaking of relaxing, you are going to find plenty of places to sleep. The closer you get to the heart of the city, the the more expensive the hotels usually are. If you are short on time, this might be worth the convenience. Europe has a lot of hostels too.
- And finally, where should you eat? You are not going to go hungry here. There are literally restaurants everywhere you look. And one thing you should be aware of when ordering pizza is that if you are ordering pepperoni, they will think that you want. What we call pepperoni they call salami. x
The first part of July is going to be busy for our family, and I’m not exactly sure when I am going to be online and when I might not be. I am going to step away from work to enjoy time with my family. Anyway, I am going to have to play a lot of this by ear and just see what happens.
Okay, now that we’ve covered most the major cruiselines, let’s look at some other things you should be aware of when planning a cruise.
- Cruise ships are going to take you to all kinds of different places. The Bahamas and the Caribbean are very popular destinations when it comes to cruising, and so is Europe. The ships are going to stop in what they call ports. It is usually a good thing to have some idea of what you want to do at each port. The cruiselines will be able to help you. I would be more than happy to help you figure this out, especially if you book through me.
- Another thing you will want to think about is that different cruises have some things they do charge for. The general rule of thumb is, the less you pay up front the more they will nickel and dime you once you are on board. On cheap cruises, you’ll want to be careful even with things like drinking sodas with your meals. On the less expensive cruises, you will pay for your excursions. A lot of cruises will have spas. The bottom line is that you will want to know what is included your cruise before you leave.
- In the old days, most cruises would want everyone to dress formally, especially for dinner and the evening’s entertainment. But most cruises these days will allow you to wear whatever you want. Some of the higher class cruises are going to have a formal evening. You will just want to know what is expected of you.
Today we are going to take a look at another type of cruise, it is called a river cruise. This is a fairly new type of travel, but it is really growing in popularity. This is especially true among those that are older. Most river cruisers are people who have already retired, and are looking to enjoy the finer things in life. They want a larger suite where they can feel free to relax any time they to choose. They want the nicer, gourmet meals and enjoy having a beer or glass of wine with lunch or dinner. They enjoy the better service and more intimate feel of a smaller cruise. And most will love that paying one price will give them everything that they need to enjoy their vacation. Today let’s look at some of the river cruise companies.
- First there is Viking. With them, you will be able to enjoy exploring most of Europe and parts of Southeast Asia. When you cruise with Viking, everything is going to be included in the initial price. Expect deluxe accommodations, fine dining, and to be immersed in the cultures of the countries you are visiting. Your shore excursions will be covered as well.
- Uniworld is another company that is going to give you a very all inclusive experience. All your meals, and anything you want to drink with them, is covered. Shore excursions will be covered with them as well. With Uniworld you will be exploring Europe, parts of Asia and Egypt. What sets them apart is that they welcome children and teens on board they will have special programs, and even special pricing. >
- Avalon gives you luxurious accommodations, epic views and a lot of flexibility for an all inclusive price. Besides Europe and Asia, they also take cruises to explore our own beautiful country. You are going to get many more choices when it comes to your excursions. They also have more restaurants.
- American Cruise Line explores America. See Alaska up close and personal. Enjoy the wonders of New England or explore the Mississippi. And these are just a few of the places you can go. Again you are going to enjoy great accommodations and excellent dining.
- Amawaterways will also go to Europe and different parts of Asia. Their claim to fame is their level of service. Some of the finest don’t offer this level of service. They also have some very fine cuisine for you to enjoy.
Let’s get back to our discussion on how to plan your first cruise. One of the most important decisions that you will need to make is which cruiseline that you want to go on. There are a lot of choices that are available. Today we are going to look at your family friendly cruiselines.
- We are going to start with Royal Caribbean. This is a fantastic cruiseline for families because their ships are packed with activities your whole family will love. Have your children been begging to go ice skating? Your family will also have the chance to try out the surf simulator. They have Broadway like productions you can enjoy in the evening. Royal Caribbean is always winning Readers’ Choice Awards. And they are going to go most everywhere a family might be interested in exploring together.
- Ever heard of Carnival Cruise Line? Most everyone has. Carnival has taken more cruisers across the seas than any cruise company. They’re trying to appeal to a wide variety of cruisers. Families, couples, groups, and honeymooners are a few of the segments they are trying to reach. Their ships are huge, and on these ships you are going to be one of several thousands of passengers. You are going to find plenty of cool restaurants you and your family can enjoy together. You will find a lot of activities you can enjoy on these ships as well.
- Disney does cruises too, and from what I hear they never have to use sales to make sure that their ships are full. I do need to say that Disney is more expensive than the above two, but you are not going to find a more family friendly cruise. Characters will greet you as you come on board. There is usually a dance party the first night you are on the ship. And of course, this is just the beginning. You will find food that will please every type of palate. And no one will be lacking when it comes to adventures.
- Norwegian Cruise Line is known for being innovative. Their claim to fame is “Freestyle Cruising”. With them, you do just as you please. You choose when you want to eat and with whom. You decide which shore excursions you want to be part of, if you want to be part of any. Your children can be part of their Splash Academy or not. It is all up to you what you want your vacation to look like.
“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”– that should be my manra. And before you think this is what I say and not what I do, I am going to be taking some time off in July. I’m not sure exactly how much, I’m sure it will be at least a week while I’m hanging out with my family. I’ll need to see how everything else goes… But anyway, summer is made for slowing down, relaxing with family and friends, and of course, it’s also a time for vacations. If you are looking for your next vacation spot, I have some suggestion for you.
- Punta Cana is a place most people go just to relax and have fun. This is definitely a fun in the sun destination, and is a great place to go whether you want to take your whole family or are looking for a romantic getaway. They have many resorts you can choose from.
- Do you want to explore Incan history? Consider going to Cusco, Peru. History buffs are going to love this place. The city will have history museums you can enjoy. It also has some fascinating architecture.
- Are you just looking for an absolutely beautiful beach to visit? You might want to try Djerba, Tunisia which is located in the Mediterranean. I haven’t been to Tunisia, but I do know that the Mediterranean is gorgeous. And I suspect you will also find some fantastic food in this area.
- The Riveria Maya is a beautiful place for vacation whether you’re looking for a group vacation, a family trip, or a vacation for just you and the one you love. They have a lot to offer families looking for adventure. You are going to be able to find a resort that will suit your needs perfectly. And you will also going to find some great night life here.
We’ve talked about travel and why it’s is important for people to get away from their day to day-to-day busy lives. We’ve also talked about how important it is for families to travel together, and how travel can bring families together. But your problem might be that you have no idea where you want to go. Maybe your family is tired of going to the beach, maybe you don’t like the mountains, and you just can’t decide where to go on vacation. If this sounds like your family, you might want to consider doing a mystery trip.
Now this works best if everyone in your family is ready for an adventure. On these twenty-two day trips, you won’t know where you’ll be going, what you’ll eat, or where you might sleep. The particular group I’m reading about takes groups of ten people on these expedition. You are going to have some long travel days, you’ll never know when you are going to be able to get internet, or even electricity. It looks like they may be doing this adventure only once.
However, they aren’t the only people who can help you take a mystery trip. I could actually help you put together a mystery trip for your family if you are interested. I would send you a questionnaire so I could get a feel for the things you like and don’t like. I would need to get a feel for your budget and things. Please let me know if you are interested. The best way to get in touch with me is e-mail, and that is email@example.com
One of the things a lot of families dream of doing this summer is visiting Disney World. Though I have to say that going to Disney during the summer months is usually something you’ll want to avoid if you can. Summer is by far the busiest time for Disney World because everyone is out of school. If you do decide to go during the summer, I would say that you almost have to stay in one of Disney’s resorts. For one thing, staying at the parks is the only way you can GUARANTEE that you will have a way to get into their parks. Staying in their resorts is also going to get you discounts at Disney Springs, advance reservations into all their restaurants on property, advanced tee times at their golf clubs. And of course, there are also the Magic Hours available at select Disney parks. Today let’s look at some of what the different resorts have to offer.
- It sounds like their newest renovated hotel is simply named the B Resort and Spa. Because of it being recently renovated, it is decorated pretty nicely. You are going to also find several different culinary options, and there is a spa you can relax in.
- Do you want to see the fireworks each night, but maybe not from right up close? You might want to try Best Western Lake Buena Vista. This hotel has eighteen floors. Enjoy the display from the comfort of your room. Each room they have looks out over Disney Springs There are two restaurants and a heated swimming pool.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton is Disney’s suite-only hotel. They offer one and two bedroom suites where families can spread out and relax when they aren’t at the parks. Each suite is going to have a living room and dining area. Hilton Orlando Buena Vistaa Palace will have all kinds of dining options, including a character dining experience. They have two pools and a floating lagoon.
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is for you if you and your kids love the water. You will find two heated pools, a Jacuzzi, and a kiddie pool. All of these make great places to relax after long days at the parks. Here you will have seven restaurants to choose from.
- Holiday Inn Orlando is very family friendly. That kind of seems silly to say because we’re talking about Disney. But this hotel does have kids-eat-free which a lot of families will appreciate. And it sounds like you can access their wifi from pretty much anywhere in the hotel. You will also be able to enjoy some pool time here. And finally,
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista has several different dining options. You are going to find a pool bar and grill, a twenty-four hour cafe, a full service restaurant, and room service. You will love their water park.
Everyone has bad days. And sadly, bad stuff can happen even when you are on vacation. But today let’s look at some ways you can do to make sure you have as little to worry about on vacation as possible..
- First, if you’re even thinking that you might want to go somewhere out of the country, you will want to make sure you have at least a year before your passport expires.. The people checking your passports don’t want to see anything less than six months between your travel and your passport’s expiration.
- You’re impressed with your smartphone’s camera. That’s great. The problem with taking your phone instead of your camera is that you might not have enough memory on your phone to keep all your pictures. Are you going to have internet so you can put things in your cloud?
- When you want to take your electronic devices, be sure to take their chargers with you. If you are going out of the country, you will also want to take a converter also. Look up the country you are visiting and figure out what you will need. You will also want to take some extra batteries.
- You always want to make a plan for how you are going to pay for your vacation. Putting everything on your credit card and deciding not to pay it off could cost you for years to come. It is best if you pay for your vacation before you leave.
- If you are going on a big vacation, you might want to consider getting travel insurance. Sure, insurance that is any good is going to cost you a pretty penny, but you will have peace of mind if any emergencies come up.