Summer is going to be here before you know it. Do you know what you are going to do for summer vacation. [I know spring break comes first, if you want help planning a trip, please let me know. I would love to help.] If You have kids complaining that you always do the same thing year after year, maybe you should take a closer look at some of the places we are going to look at today.
- Ever been to Rockford, Illinois? This place has some nice museums. They also have many nice restaurants for you to eat in and shops for you to explore.
- Is your family into water sports? You might want to vacation on Lake Michigan on Mackinac island. They have a beautiful older hotel where you might want to stay. You will be able to enjoy a lot of different kinds water sports, horseback riding, as well as some festivals you might want to take part [I thought the picture was so pretty, I put it in at the top.]
- I’m guessing most everyone has heard of Fort Lauderdale, but have you heard of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea which is also in Florida? This is a pretty quiet place. You will find inexpensive accommodations here, and most of the hotels are within walking distance of Anglin’s Square where you will find a lot of nice restaurants and shops.
- Ocean City, Maryland is a pretty well known, fairly typical beach town with many things for families to do and a lot of nightlife. However, if you’re looking for a quieter beach experience, you might want to try the surrounding Worcester County which has some beautiful beaches of it’s own.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. Please let me know.
I always say that I’d rather busy than bored. And right now, work is keeping me busy.. Right what I consider essential is to make sure that this gets done, to check e-mail and to go through my Facebook groups. I have added trying to write some on an article each. I’m also trying to get through some travel agent classes, and then reading up on how to get some more clients.. It’s kind of a lot, but I really do enjoy everything I do and enjoy the variety. I am seldom bored.
Okay, have you ever thought about visiting Mexico City, but aren’t what you might do there? Today let’s look at some attractions you might want to try.
- The first place you might want to try is the market. You are going to find everything under the sun at this other. You will find clothes and hats, household goods and toys. This is also a great place to get lunch.
- Chapultepec Park is a great to go when you just want to chill out. There are places you can sit in the shade. They also have paddleboats on the lake for you to enjoy. Tired of the outdoors? Try their museum of anthropology.
- Do you love history? You might want to take a tour of Teotihuacan. It was once home to thousands of people. Now you will see pyramids and get a glimpse of the city’s past.
- You might also want to take an afternoon cruise on an Xochimilco. Mexico City has a lot of canals, and they have beautiful boats to explore these canals on. And sometimes you will get a concert as you cruise.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. Please let me know.
It’s Saturday, guys. I’m ready to get my work things done. And I’m not 100% sure what is going to happen on Monday. I am going to be with my family.. So anyway, let’s get to some more tips on traveling with grandparents.
- Think about your family’s interests. Is there one thing your whole family together? Some families love to go camping together. Other families love to go on cruises together. Do you know what type of families yours is.
- In my line of work, I do a lot of reading about different trips families together. And one thing I keep reading is that Disney is a great place to take a multi generational trips. Children are going to be entertained on these trips obviously. And older kids and adults are going to love some of the rides and a lot of the shopping and cool restaurants they have. And grandparents? Grandparents just love it when their family is having fun together, and being able to watch them have that fun.
- Where are you going to stay? Hotels may be less expensive. But when a larger family gets together, there are always logistics to work out. Who is going to sleep where? How many rooms do you need? Will you be able to coordinate children’s nap times with grandparents’ nap times? Some alternatives to hotels would be staying at a resort or even renting a house where everyone can stay.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
I have to confess that I’ve taken on several work projects on lately, and figuring out how to do everything in the way way and order is not easier. I do have to remind myself that I go out on Thursday mornings, so time is shorter most weeks… But let’s get back to kid friendly places in London.
- If you have dreamed of going on a tour of Kensington Palace, this is probably not the best place to take your toddler. However, this palace does have lovely gardens that your little ones will enjoy. Why don’t you leave your little one with your husband or a friend, and go enjoy the tour by yourself?
- You’ve seen those double decker buses any time you watch anything about London, right? But what you might not know is that kids eleven and under ride those buses for free. So this is one fun thing you can do with your child that isn’t going to cost much.
- The Arsenal Stadium and Museum has a great self-paced audio tour. This is geared more toward older people. But it is a great place for little ones to run around and climb. Children under five get in free here too.
- Most families will love walking along the Thames on the Riverside Walk. It is a beautiful view. And along the way you are going to see places like Big Ben and Parliament.
First for my personal news, I have finally found the right travel agent host and started officially working with them yesterday. My new host is called Casino World Travel. They seem to be a no frills agency, but I think I am going to enjoy working for them. And that is one less thing I am going to have to figure out, so I am going to be able to work more on the writing ideas I have. I’ve been thinking about it, and think maybe I should explain more about this writing thing. I’m hoping to get some of my articles into some online magazines about family travel to get my name out there more, and hopefully get some more clients. And please let me know if you’re wanting to book a trip through me. I would love to help you.
Okay, Travel insurance, do you use it? catastrophes can happen while you are on vacation just like they can at any other time of life. Getting the right travel insurance can help make those emergencies easier to handle. Getting travel insurance is something every host agency I’ve worked with stresses.. I think part of it is that we want to make sure we are covered ourselves.
It used to be that when you went to an airport, you would need to bring whatever food you wanted into the airport. But now airports look a lot of like your mall’s food court, if not the entire mall. They’re working on making sure you have the best when it comes to choices, even giving you healthy alternatives.
I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have about any of this. Please let me know.
I have several projects I wantto work on. So I’m liking getting an earlier start.
I’m not huge on the Catholic Church calendar.. And I know that Lent is not only observed by Catholics. My church does a service on Ash Wednesday, and that happens to fall on Valentine’s Day, which is kind of interesting if you think about it. But anyway, that means that Mardis Gras will be celebrated in one week? Today let’s look at some of how that’s celebrating.
Mardis Gras is a day people take “to live it up” before entering the lent season. The place it is most famous for being celebrated is New Orleans. I know they always have lot of parades where you are going to get strings of beads.
- The first thing you should know is portable potties on the grounds. People usually plan their trip to Mardis Gras in August. But don’t give up. Things do come up so that some people will have to cancel their reservations. You might have to call around a lot to find a room that has available space, but it might be worth it.
- The city has passed some rules on the parade that you will want to keep in mind. Don’t bring any ladders with you to the parade. I guess if you’re short, you’re just going to have to find a sycamore tree to climb. I don’t think they are going to allow any vehicles near the parade site, so be prepared to do some walking. And there will be no private portable potties available on the grounds.
- You will want to be sure to have a plan as far as how you are going to get to the parade. A lot of roads are going to be cut off to the general public’s vehicles. So it is best to have a plan of exactly what you want to do beforehand. The exception is for people who live or stay right near the area. That doesn’t really make sense to me, but anyway.
- You are going to want to get there extremely early. For example, for an evening parade, people are going to start arriving early in morning.
- And please be respectful of the police. They are there to keep you, and everyone else, safe. And these are not easy shifts. People are going to be drinking and getting crazy. The police will also be working longer shifts. Please follow their instructions.
I would love to know your thoughts about this. Have you ever been to New Orleans for Mardis Gras? What did you think?
It’s Saturday, and I have several things I would like to get done. But we will see how much actually gets done today and how much will wait until Monday.
Let’s continue on with our Valentine’s Day theme. There are resorts in Cozumel that are trying to help you make the most of your romantic getaways. Let’s look at some of what they have to offer.
First, what two properties are we talking about? The Occidental Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel are the two properties we are going to feature today. One of the great things about both of these places is that they will do whatever they can to help you to make your proposal of marriage quite memorable. The staff will be more than happy to help you decorate with rose pedals and\or candles. You can also prepare special desserts. Want to put the ring into the dessert? That’s no problem either.
Okay, I know everyone is different when it comes to how they want their wedding to be. But have you ever dreamed of having your wedding underwater? How could you hear your vows to one another? I’m sorry, I’m really squeamish when it comes to scuba diving or anything like that. But if that’s something you want, these people will set you right up.
There are also a lot of different spa treatments they can help you arrange as a couple.. Married couples will be more than welcome to enjoy breakfast in bed together.. I would love to know your thoughts about any of this. Please let me know.
I have several other things I would like to get to today. I still need to work on figuring out a host agency. Well actually, I think I’ve found the right one, I just need to join. I’m also wanting to get into this writing article project more.
First, let’s take a look at why taking a vacation in a city might be a wise idea. In cities things are usually pretty compact. You are likely going to be able to walk to a lot of different places from your hotel. Cities are also more likely to have public transportation. You are also going to have some fun options when it comes to what to eat. So now let’s look at some individual cities.
- I know I’ve brought this one up before, but the nation’s capital is a great place to take a vacation. My favorite aunt used to live near D.C., so I’ve been there a few times. They have the National Zoo there, which is nice whether you love animals or just want to get out and do something with people you love. They have the Smithsonian which is a whole system of museums you can explore.
- Looking for a city that will have lots on the Revolutionary war? Why not try Boston? This is where a lot of the Revolution took place. They will also have an excellent aquarium as well as some nice parks.
- Think Vegas is just for adults? Think again. There is a lot of amusement park stuff on the famous Strip. There will also be some nice parks and museums for your enjoyment.
I have several things I want to get to today. We are going to a Christmas party tonight, and by then I want to be finished with computer stuff for a couple of days. I am going to put up my Christmas letter soon. o let’s get started.
- Do you want to go somewhere your children will love? Try Tuscany, Italy. They’ll have a Santa village featuring a castle. They have some really nice places to stay. And it’s Italy, so children and adults alike should enjoy the food.
- I love Christmas and all the celebrations, but I’m not a big fan of snow. It is beautiful for sure, but I don’t like being cold. If you feel the same way, you might want to try the beautiful island of Malta. Here you will have the opportunity to celebrate the deeper meaning of Christmas. There will be a lot of midnight masses you can choose from. There will also be caroling to take part in.
- I am going to get a little sentimental for a minute. My grandparents lived in Virginia, and we used to go every Christmas. Going to the Greenbrier was something I’ve heard a lot about, I think some of my family may have gone some years to play in the snow. I always stayed with my Grandma. Anyway, the Greenbrier is a really nice place in west Virginia, and they do a lot for the holidays.
I am going to put up my Christmas letter soon. And after that I’m not sure when I might be on again. I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day Christmas.
The most wonderful time of the year is once again upon us. My plan is to work some tomorrow, and then from there it is going to get a little spotty from there. I’m not going to work Christmas Day for sure, and don’t really know about the rest of the week. The whole month of January is kind of up in the air because we have coming in at different times and things like that.
A lot of you are already starting your Christmas vacation as I write this. But I wanted to do something festive anyway. So let’s look at some places you might want to go next year.
- I don’t know about you, but our family loves Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol”, it isn’t really the Christmas season until we’ve watched that movie. [And the only real movie is the one with George C Scott in it.] Why not try to go to London next Christmas? A lot of hotels are going to provide you with some nice meals on Christmas Day as well as New Year’s. You are going to love their Christmas markets. And I’m sure there are some nice plays and musical productions that will take place around this festive time of year.
- Are you tired of not having a white Christmas? You should try to go to Finland next year. Everything is bound to be covered with snow there. There is a city there that will make you think you’ve somehow arrived in the North Pole itself. You will definitely see some reindeer, and there will also be elves. Who knows? You might also see a big man with a big beard in a red suit, though they do say he’s kind of busy this time of year.
- Is The Nutcracker a tradition in your home? You might want to consider St Petersburg next Christmas. There is nothing more traditional than going to a ballet in Russia. Again, you are sure to see snow here.
Let’s get back to this tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.