I am going to get personal for a minute. I am looking for a job. I’m not giving up on being a travel agent, not by any means. I just really want to start making some money somehow. I need money to do things for this business among other things. Hopefully I am going to find something soon, something I can do while still working on this business. I believe strongly in this business. I believe that families need to make time to travel together, so that they can reconnect and spend time together.
We are always talking about travel in one form or another on this blog, and I know I’ve talked about this on here before, and probably will again, but why should we travel?
- First of all, we need to take breaks from work. No one can work five to six days a week and keep fresh and motivated. Stepping back for a week two or three times a year helps keep us from getting bored or stressed out.
- Getting out of our comfort zones and experiencing new cultures can be downright enlightening. You can discover new ways to think about things. There may be certain practices from other cultures that you want to incorporate into your own life. Most of all, you will learn how friendly other cultures tend to be.
- Solo travel is getting to be big. But why? Why should we do that when a lot of us hardly travel with with our families? For one thing, solo travel is going to force you to learn new things about yourself. For another, you will also meet a lot of new and interesting people do.
- Do you want to learn more about a certain place? Travel there. You will want to study up on the place before you leave. Going to the place, seeing the people, will also make you more curious about the place after you have come home.
- And you have to eat on your trip, right? Trying the local cuisine can be one of the most fascinating parts of any trip. Some of the food you will love, others you will not be crazy about. But it’s interesting to learn about how other people eat at least.
People are always giving advice. Sometimes it’s wise to follow that advice, other times
you will want to ignore their advice completely. Today let’s look at some advice that you might want to consider carefully before you follow.
- First, people say that you should never stay in the center of town. Most people think that staying on the outskirts of town is going to guarantee that you will get the best deals on your hotel. That is not necessarily true. Sometimes you can get great deals right in town. And sometimes you want to pay the extra simply for being right in the center of everything.
- People say that you should skip all the major attractions of a city. There are reasons that these places are so popular. Do you want to go to New York City and not see the Statue of Liberty? Sometimes it’s great fun to be part of a crowd and feel all the energy. And sometimes you just want to say you’ll been there.
- Some people say that it isn’t safe to visit certain parts of the world. Hey, some people say it’s not safe to visit anywhere outside the United States. I’m sorry, but I don’t think our country is any safer than other places. Have you read the news lately? You will want to do your research for sure. I can help you with that research if I book your trip.
- Some people say that it is not wise to travel by yourself. But solo travel is becoming more and more popular. Traveling by yourself doesn’t mean you will be by yourself the whole time. This is a great way to meet other people.
Let’s look at some other reasons that you might want to consider taking a trip to the Caribbean.
- Let’s face it, you love your children, but sometimes you just need to take a little break from them. With both cruises and all-inclusive resorts, you are going to get the opportunity to leave the kids at kids’ clubs while you go have your own fun.
- Have we mentioned that the beaches are simply beautiful down there? This is the perfect place to take great selfies and make all your friends so jelly [um, jealous].
- Some people absolutely hate cooking. Others love it and find it relaxing. For those that love to cook, and want to do it even while on vacation, you will want to be sure to visit the seafood markets in the Caribbean.
- Don’t love to cook, but think you might get tired of eating in restaurants your whole vacation? Try finding a fish fry when you are in Barbados. These will usually take place on the weekends. Here you will not only find great fish, you will also taste some great side dishes too.
- Are you trying to meet the stars? The Caribbean has some very exclusive resorts, and the stars do frequent these places. I can even help you try to figure out where these people go to take their vacations.
- The Caribbean is diverse when it comes to their cuisines. Island hopping will allow you to sample a lot of different foods.
I’m trying some different things with the business, but I do want to make sure my normal work does get done. All right, so let’s get back to our discussion on why you might want to go to the Caribbean.
- This is one place that is fairly easy to get to. Your flights will be relatively short, it usually only takes a few hours to get anywhere in the Caribbean. And it is pretty easy to get a direct flight.
- Do you have airline miles you want to use? The Caribbean is one place you can get to using those miles.. You might get away with only paying taxes and fees.
- You can also use credit card rewards to get a very inexpensive trip to the Caribbean you can use your rewards to get into some very nice resorts. And of course, you can get all kinds of rewards when you sign up for a credit card.
- And if you are part of a hotel rewards program, you can save even more on your Caribbean trip. And yes, you can use those points on all-inclusive resorts.
- Don’t know which island you would like to visit? Book a Caribbean cruise. A cruise is a great way to experience several several islands at once. You can always go back to your favorite island on your next trip.
- Cruising is also an inexpensive way to see the islands. Cruises are not only very inexpensive ways to see the Caribbean, you will also get a lot of bang for your buck on a cruise. You will be getting most of your entertainment at no extra charge. Most of your meals will be included as well.
Taking a trip, getting away from your day to day routine, is usually pretty nice. Everybody needs breaks from time to time. But getting away to the Caribbean can be just what the doctor ordered. Today let’s take a look at some reasons why.
- If you are looking for an all-inclusive resort, the Caribbean is definitely a place that you will want to consider. There are just so many of that these resorts here. Are you looking for kid friendly? They have that. Are you looking for a place to reignite the romance? They’ll have a wide variety of resorts that will meet those needs as well. Going to an all-inclusive means that you will pay one price and then be able to enjoy everything without spending extra.
- There is also a lot of luxury to be had here. The resorts are just one option that you will have. There are also some beautiful villas whether there are two or twenty of you going. And the Caribbean is always a beautiful place in general.
- Another reason to visit the Caribbean? Winters are never too cold, and summers are never too cold. Temperatures are always between sixty and eighty degrees. And it is usually great weather to play outdoors.
- The water is beautiful down there, and absolutely fantastic to swim in. These are some of the clearest waters you will ever see. And that is especially true in places like Turks and Caicos, and Grand Cayman.
- Since the waters are so clear, this makes a great place to snorkel. You will be able to see all kinds of tropical fish, and you will also get to watch my favorite animal which is the dolphin.
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
Let’s get back to our discussion about cruises.
- On cruises, the first thing you are going to have to pay is your deposit, and that is usually due soon after you make your reservations. If you book through me, I can help you keep up with when your payments are due. If you do not keep up with your payments, you might get kicked off your cruise. Sometimes you will have to pay your full fare before you board. Other times you will not. I can help you figure that out too. If you pay before your cruise, the only thing you’ll have to worry about after your cruise is what you will spend on the ship itself.
- Now there are several types of people who may qualify for a discount on a cruise. Among them are firefighters, military personnel [and that includes former military], and educators. You might want to let me know what you and your spouse do up front so I can let you know about any discounts.
Now let’s look at some other ways you can save.
- Booking early is probably going to be your best bet.. This is going to be the way you are going to get exactly what you want. You might also be able to save thousand on your cruise this way.
- Some cruises are also going to offer last minute deals. This is getting rare because most cruises sell out. Some cruiselines have decided that it is unfair to discount because of when you book.
- If you are able to vacation at odd times, do that. Most cruises offer discounts during the off season.
- Cruiselines are like most other businesses, they love repeat customers. A lot of the cruiselines have loyalty programs where you can get discounts and other goodies.
- Travel agents can also get you good deals if you want to do a pre or post packages. We can combine air, hotel, car packages. Please let me know if you are interested.
We are going to get back to our discussion on winter destinations.
- I am going through an article written by someone else, so I know this first one for today may sound a little strange, trust me, it sounds weird to me as well. But the destination is Anchorage, Alaska. Alaska is cold and dark a lot of the year. And while this is especially true in winter, this is a great time to see Northern Lights. You may also want to see the famous dog sledding race.
- You may want to visit San Juan, Puerto Rico, which doesn’t sound nearly as weird to me. There are a lot of festivals in the San Juan area during the winter months. You will not find a deserted island, but you will find reasonable accommodations and some fantastic weather.
- Houston, Texas is huge, but then again isn’t everything in Texas? This is an up and coming vacation spot. They have some historic sites. You will also find some interesting museums in this city.
- Looking for a city that has a lot to do? Try San Diego. They have great beaches. They have a fantastic zoo. There is a lot of great night life. You might also want to get a glimpse of Mexico from here.
- Want to experience some Southern charm? Go to Savannah, Georgia. You will avoid some of the crowds if you go in the winter. But there will be some nice festivals for you to take part in.
Let’s get back to looking at some more winter destinations you might be interested in trying. Are you thinking about planning a vacation? I would love to help you book it. Please let me know if you are interested. The best way were to reach me is by e-mail, and that is firstname.lastname@example.org. I also have a Facebook group and that ishttps://www.facebook.com/groups/TravelforMompreneurs/.
- Do you like snow and art? Okay, so that might be a strange combination. But you might want to try Park City, Utah. Here you will find some interesting art galleries. There will be several places to play in the snow, no matter your age or stage. There will also be concerts to enjoy.
- This might not be such a strange combination, but are you interested in wellness and golf? Or maybe you are interested in wellness and your husband is into golf, although it might be the other way around? Consider going to Scottsdale, Arizona. This place has some excellent resorts you might enjoy.
- Are you absolutely obsessed with Christmas? Plan a trip to Austn, Texas between December 13th until Christmas Eve. You will love their Christmas Bazaar. You will find lots of live music, several of the city’s bars are involved, and you will always have the chance to shop.
- You might think of Hawaii as a summer destination, but it isn’t. The islands have beautiful weather all year round. And Mid December is when whale watching season begins.
- Have you always dreamed of Yellowstone, but aren’t sure when to go? Going in winter is going to cut down on the crowds, except for your fellow outdoor enthusiasts. This is the perfect time to enjoy your favorite outdoor sports at this park.
- Orlando, Florida is known as the theme park capitol. And although Christmas time might be nearly as bad as summer, other times are going to be slower. Go and check out all those rides.
It has been something of a strange day, but I’m working now, so let me do this before I really start on other projects.
Those of us who are in the south may not believe it, but autumn and winter are truly on their way. Let’s look at some places you might want to go.
- It is definitely not too early to start planning a trip so that you can experience in New Orleans. I mean, you have to go and experience this at least once in your life. You are going to find that a lot of rooms are already booked, but some will not be.
- Have you figured out what you are going to be doing for New Year’s this coming year? I hear that Vegas is a great place to ring in the new year. Of course, when isn’t it a great time to party in this city?
- Of course, the place to be on New Year’s is New York City. Then again, any time during the holidays is a great time to visit the big city. There is so much to do in this place. You have great shopping. You have world-class plays. You also likely have snow.
- If you like snow, even if it is only to look at, you will want to try to get to Breckenridge, Colorado. This place has something for everyone, whether or not you like playing in the snow. It has some great boutique shopping. And it is home to several nice resorts.
- Are you more interested in going somewhere warm this winter? Try Miami. For sure you will find a lot of great night life here. There are beautiful beaches you can enjoy any time of the year.