You may have been on a lot of cruises before. These are things you may, or may not have thought of, before. Let’s ta look take a look.
- I am always this, but things can go on when you go on vacation. You might get sick. You could lose your luggage. You might have an emergency at home, and you need to go home early. These are the kinds of reasons you might want to consider getting travel insurance.
- Most ships these days do have wifi. You will not want to forget to connect your phone to that as soon as you get onboard. Either that or turn your phone complete off and leave it. You do not want to see the charges you may face if you do other than that.
- Don’t be that person that gets up really early to throw a towel, or three over some pool chairs only to go back to bed. That is just rude. Enjoy the pool whenever you are actually there. But when you leave, take your things with you.
My communication device, which is also my computer, needed to be worked on. I’m on a loaner device, for which I’m very grateful, and I’m not doing a bad job figuring things out if I do say so myself.
But anyway, today let’s keep taking a look at some things that you do not want to do while you are on a cruise.
- There is no question that being on a cruise ship can be a lot of fun in and of itself. But you should explore the destinations that they are taking you to. You are going to be able to find inexpensive ways to enjoy each spot.
- Cruises will often charge a good bit for you to go on their excursions. Before going on your cruise, do some research and figure out which excursions you would enjoy most and go on and book them.
- There will be enough that you will want to do that this shouldn’t be a problem. But don’t go to places that are for the crew only. There is always a reason that they say that, and it’s usually for your protection. Parents will also want to tell your teens this.
- Cruises are going to have dining options that are available to you 24/7 You have absolutely no need to take your leftovers back to your room.
- On an airplane, your pilot is the one in charge ultimately. On a cruise ship, this is going to be your captain. Give him the respect he deserves.
When you go on a cruise, you are going to be enjoying being on a ship that is someone’s business. They’re trying to get you to spend more money, that is their job. Let’s look at some ways that you can save money.
- The excursions that the cruiselines arrange for you are going to cost you a lot of money. You are going to want to do your research before you leave on your trip, and figure out what you would like to do at each port. Make a plan, and then contacting the tour company and booking your excursions will save you a lot of money. You might want to return to the ship to eat since you can eat there for free.
- If you are pretty far from your departure city, you will want to get there a day or two before you are to leave to make sure that nothing comes up. You will want to book your own flights, if flying is something you know you want to do, driving is going to be less expensive most the time.
- If you do fly to your destination, it will usually be most cost effective to take the bus rather than taking taxis everywhere. You might get to meet some of your fellow cruisers before you leave on your cruise. This can be an added bonus when you arrive earlier.
- You are going to want to take a look at the drink and internet packages before you leave on your trip. Are you really going to drink that much on your trip? It is best not to be cooked on a cruise since it is a ship, and you will be surrounded by water. And how much time do you really think you will be on the internet? You will be too busy having fun
I am going to work some today and tomorrow, although I’ve already decided that I’m not going to do a lot, but I am going to take off a little more than a week off after that. I can really tell that I need to step back and take a break.
Today we are going to take a look at Vienna and some things you might want to do there. I’ll be honest, the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Vienna are some novels I read about World War II, that were set in Vienna. They were wonderful books. But this blog is about travel and not about reading, so let’s get down to business.
Vienna has always been a center for the arts. Do you like touring great art galleries during the day, and then going to an unforgettable concert or opera in the evening? If that sounds like an amazing vacation to you, you might seriously want to try Vienna.
Okay, so you are considering it, when would be a good time to go?? Well, spending the holidays in this city is fun. You’ll be enjoying the holiday markets as well as all the fantastic culture that they have here. This is a great city to go to on a river cruise.
Let’s look at some more things that you may want to keep in mind when you are on your multi generational cruise.
- Part of the whole reason for this cruise is for the grown ups to catch up, isn’t it? The good news is that most cruiselines are going to have designated places that will be for adults only. Here you will find quiet pools and whirlpools where you can relax and maybe enjoy some adult beverages.
- You are going to want to enjoy at least one adult evening where you will enjoy a nice dinner at a specialty restaurant and then go catch a show.
- I am from a family of eight, and then several of them are married and have children of their own. I’m guessing that we might take five rooms if we were to go, don’t think that will ever happen. But say you have several siblings, and then you and your siblings have children who are now adults. Usually if you get eight or nine rooms, you’re a group. You may get extra perks like maybe a a meeting room.
- It may be wise, at least when you are starting out, to cruise pretty close to home. If everyone is spread out, meet up at the person’s house who is closest to the port, and then drive together. Driving together is going to be way more cost effective than flying in most cases.
- Most families have people who have a lot of different tastes when it comes to what they like to do. Cruises are going to have a lot of different activities that everyone can enjoy. Maybe some people want to play basketball, other people will want to hang out by the pool, and still others may want to take a cooking class. Do what you feel like, and then gather together in the evenings to share the fun.
Everyone is so busy these days. Children grow up and get married and move away from the place they’ve grown up in. Siblings end up in different parts of the country, if not the world. Planning a vacation that includes everyone is an ideal way to catch up. Let’s look at some tips that will help you plan a great cruise for this kind of trip.
- Cruises are pretty much all inclusive in nature. This helps families avoid the “Who’s going to pay for what” discussion at every meal and each activity you do together. This also helps each individual family know how much they are going to pay for the trip. You can decide who’s interested in doing extra things, like specialty restaurants and spa treatments. Sometimes kids even sail for free.
- We love our children, but sometimes we need a break from them. OnAnd sometimes they need a break from us. Most cruises that are good for families are going to have some kind of kids’ club where families can leave their children for a good portion of every day. Most cruises are also going to have to babysitting options so that adults can enjoy the nightlife. That is, if grandparents don’t want to watch them.
- Teens have their own ways to have fun on a cruiseship?. They will have clubs where they can hang out with their their own kind. They will have parties of their own in the evenings.
Disney is a magical place, not only for young children, but also for their families. Where else can young children see their heroes up close and personal? Let’s take a look at some other tips that might help you as you plan a trip to Disney World.
- This is a huge place, you are going to want to bring a stroller for your little ones. There is no way they’ll be able to walk everywhere. If you fly, airlines will allow you to bring a stroller at no additional cost. If you do decide that you do not want to bring your own stroller, Disney has them available to rent for fifteen dollars a day. Be sure to mark your rented stroller in some way before you go on your rides. There will be hundreds of other strollers just like it at the parks.
- Okay, so how are you going to eat while you’re playing at Disney? They do have several different kinds of meal plans that are available. Disney has sit down restaurants as well as fast food options. You can choose one or the other, or a combination of both. There will be a lot of restaurants you can choose from. And you’ll probably find that you are going to spend about the same on a dining plan as you would without if you are mostly eating at Disney.
- Don’t leave home without your My Disney Experience App..You will be able to do a lot of different things with the app. From scheduling your FastPasses, to making dinner reservations, and managing your PhotoPass account. This will also work as your room key if you are staying at a Disney Resort. You can also check on how much waiting you will have to do at each attraction.
- Now how are you going to get that parks? Again you are going to have several options. Disney has shuttles that will take you to and from the different parks. This will require some waiting on your part. Uber, or something like that, will mean less waiting.
- Disney is magical for sure, but that doesn’t mean that it never rains. This might be the perfect time to ride the water rides. It might also be a great time to relax and watch the movie, Disney of course.
- Disney World is nothing without their characters from all of their movies. You will want to make sure that you meet all your favorites. The most convenient way to do that is to do Character Dining. You will be sure to meet everyone that way. Unfortunately, that can get expensive, so you will only want to do that with your most favorite characters. You can also meet characters throughout the parks different stations.
Planning a trip to Disney can be a lot of fun. It can also be very overwhelming. Friends and family who have gone before might be able to help you, or they might make it more confusing and overwhelming. There is just a ton to see and do there, and so you will have to figure out what the most important things to you and your family are. Doing your preparation before you leave is going to save you a lot of stress and hassle.
- The first I would recommend would be to keep this trip a secret from your children. My brother did this. His girls thought they were going to school like any other normal day, but my brother put on a movie for them. And it was a while before they figured out that they were going anywhere special. This is a great surprise for any little people. Keeping it a surprise will also help you avoid the million questions of when you are going to leave and all that.
- You know your family. You know the things your kids are going to be interested in. You also know when and how often to plan breaks. There are a lot of tools that will will be available for you online. One great thing for you is Disney’s maps which are quite detailed, giving you the price ranges for their restaurants, height restrictions on their rides, and more. The maps are also going to help you avoid doing as much walking because you know exactly where you are going.
- You might want to ship some of the stuff you’ll need to Disney before you leave. Having snacks in your room is going to be very helpful for kids who are hungry now and aren’t going to be happy waiting until you order dinner at the restaurant. They will even put your groceries in the refrigerator for you.
I would love to know where you enjoy vacationing? Do you and your family love to rent cabin in the mountains, spending your days hiking and biking, and your evenings cozy in the cabin, playing games and watching movies? Or are you more beach people, having fun in the sun during the day, and partying at night? Today we are going to take a look at some more East Coast destinations.
- Let’s start with White Mountains, New Hampshire.. This place has several smaller theme parks that you and your family will likely enjoy. This is also a great place to go hiking and biking.
- Anapolis, Maryland has a little something for everyone. They have a beautiful waterfront and some fantastic restaurants you will not want to miss out on. You will be fascinated by all of the maritime history they have here. And you will also love their historic charm.
- Or you might want to visit South Carolina’s Lowcountry where you can visit some of their historic cities. I’ve heard that Charleston and Savannah are both excellent places to visit. Make that drive and stop wherever you feel like it.
- Have you heard about Florida’s space Coast? Certainly you’ve heard of Orlando where all the major theme parks are. This area also has a lot of great beaches your family can enjoy. And while you are down there, you might want to visit the Space Center at Cape Canaveral.
- Green Mountains, Vermont is kind of like White Mountains. It too is an excellent place to hike and bike. There are rivers and waterfalls that you and your family will enjoy. It is also just a charming place to visit.
I have always lived on the east side of our fair country. And I may be prejudiced, but I absolutely love it. I love seeing green everywhere I go. I love being able to look out and see the mountains somewhere in the distance. I love our lakes and rivers. Today let’s look at some East Coast destinations that you may want to check out.
- Bar Harbor, Maine has plenty for anyone to enjoy, but it is especially great for those love the great outdoors. Here you are going to have access to Acadia National Park. You will love their beaches and their ponds as well. You will also love their seafood.
- Our nation’s capital is on the East Coast, and there is plenty to see and do here. Families will love our National Zoo and Smithsonian. There are all kinds of monuments here that you will want to check out. And you may so want to check out our government buildings and the White House.
- Are you looking to soak up some New England charm? You might want to try Cape Cod, Massachusetts. You’ll love being at the beach and not getting so hot. You’ll also love exploring some of their villages and lighthouses.
- And who can forget the Big Apple? What can’t you do here? You’ve find all kinds of interesting museums and memorials to explore. You will want to try and go to see a play on Broadway. And who can resist shopping at Times Square?