Marriage is a lot like any other thing that is worth having, it takes time. And I’m not talking about the time it takes to get you to the altar. You need to work on your marriage throughout the years of your marriage in order to keep your marriage healthy and strong. And one of the ways to do that is to take regular trips together. Today let’s look at some of the first steps you should take to planning one of these romantic adventures.
- First you need where you are going to go. Is there a place that is special to the two of you as a couple. It could be the place where you first met. Or it might be the place where he proposed marriage to you. Maybe it is that place where you took your moon? Or maybe it’s that place you’ve been talking about wanting to go together for years.
- What kind of place do you want to stay in? Do you want to go to a hotel, maybe a nicer one, where you will be catered to hand and foot. Or does renting a cabin appeal to you more? You may have to do some more work, but this is going to give you some more privacy.
- If you are just planning a long weekend getaway, you are going to want to find somewhere a couple of hours away from you. Unless you just love driving together. You will want to do your research to find the perfect place for the two of you. Or you might want my help planning your getaway. Please let me know if you do.
We talk about how much there is to do on a cruise ship, and trust me, there is plenty to see and do. But sometimes you go on a cruise, not just to get away, but because you actually want to see the place you are going to. And when you go on a cruise, the main way you will see the places is to go on what they call shore excursions. But how do you tell which ones you want to go on? Read on to find out.
- You are going to get the information about the shore excursions about three months before you leave. You will usually review your options online. Each excursion will be rated for safety, length and cost. They will also let you know who each trip is for. Usually at least one of your crew will accompany you on the excursion.
- But this is only the shore excursions that are offered by the cruiseline itself. There are also independent excursion you can take. Often you will find that these like will be less expensive. They will have smaller groups if something goes wrong and they do not get you back to your ship on time, they will cover the necessary costs to get you returned to your ship.
- There are also private guides who will escort either you as an individual or a small group through the important sites of any given island. It is recommended that you book and these trips ahead of time to make sure that everything is legitimate.
Let’s get back to our discussion about planning a multi generational.
- The first big question is, when will everyone be available to take this trip? This can be a tricky question because everyone is so busy these days. A lot of people tend to slow down through the summer months.. Might that work for you and your family? The other time almost everyone seems to take time off for sure is around Christmas.
- And where do you want to go on this trip? Is there a place where your family used to go? Is there a place that has always been on everyone’s bucket list?
- Might you want to try a cruise? Cruises have a lot of choices of activities, and that usually works well when your party has a large variety of ages and interests.
- You might also want to consider an all inclusive resort. Again you are going to find a lot of different activities. And you will also know how much everything is going to cost up front.
You have just been given some great news. Your extended family wants to take a trip together. This will be a trip with your parents, your husband and children, and your siblings and their families. Who knows, some of you might bring along friends as well. This is going to be a large group of the people you love most, you are really looking forward to it. But how are you going to plan this?
- Let’s start looking at this today. First, please allow me to help you do this. We travel agents receive commissions when we book hotels, car rentals, cruises and things like that. Speaking for myself, I charge nothing over and above that.
- One of the first things I’ll want to do is to create a Facebook group where everyone involved will discuss what they want out of this trip. I will need to know about any special needs anyone in your group has. Is anyone on a special diet? Does anyone need something special in order to sleep? I’ll need to know those type of things up front please.
- But there does need to be just one person making the decisions. Sometimes grandparents decide to pay for the whole family. Obviously when they do that, they get to make the final call on everything.
Staycations, most of us have heard of these. They are growing in popularity. Maybe you have not made plans for when your children are going to be on their spring break. And obviously these kind of vacations have the potential to save you a lot of money. But maybe you don’t really need to save money. Today we are going to look at things you can do in order to plan a staycation, whether or not your main objective is to save money.
- If you need to stay around your home for reasons besides saving money, you might even consider getting a hotel. Hotels can be fun, especially if they have a pool. It is a chance to enjoy having a maid, and this may also give you the excuse to eat out more. Hotels also tend to be in the center of things.
- An alternative to staying in a hotel? Trade houses with friends. Do you want to know an even better idea? Do the whole staycation with friends. That will make it more interesting for everyone.
- Is yours a family who usually cooks at home? Or do you usually eat out? Even for families who eat out often, trying new restaurants or trying new things at the restaurants can be fun.
- Or cooking together can be a lot of fun. Make things that everyone likes. Try new recipes. Mix things up and do dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. I think we are going to talk about this more on Monday.
How are you going to celebrate Valentine’s Day? Is it going to be a romantic dinner with flowers? Or are you going to take your sweetheart away for a few days?
- Have you always dreamed of going to the Bahamas? Consider going to Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort. This five star is for adults only, so you won’t have to worry about children disturbing you. It is a huge place covered in luxurious pools, an excellent spa, an eighteen hole golf course. You will also enjoy their spacious roomMoreover
- Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels and Resorts is designed to make you feel like you’re in some kind of castle. This is another adults only property. You will find several lovely pools, a great beach, golf as well as several nice restaurants.
Let’s keep looking at some five star resorts you might want to go to with your sweetheart.
- Looking for a simple romantic getaway? You might want to try St Lucia’s Sandals Regency LaToc. This is actually another five star all inclusive. They have nine restaurants you will be able to choose from. You ask, what is there to do at this place? You will find a couple of nice pools. You can also play golf. You can also enjoy their beaches. Do you want to stay in the States?
- The Cosmopolitan is in Vegas, and is a place most people try to play in when they come to visit this city. Why not stay there? They have an excellent casino as well as some great clubs. And they are known to have stellar service. A
- re you heading to Petra? Have you looked into staying at La Royal Hotel Ammon. They are known for their two story spa and their rotating piano in the lobby. They also have some great boutiques to shop in.
Everyone knows that Disney World, and a lot of other theme parks, are in Orlando, Florida. But what do you do if you grow tired of amusement park fun? That is what we are going to look at today.
- To start with, when was the last time you went shopping just because you wanted to get out and enjoy some retail therapy? A lot of people like to shop when they are on vacation. Many find it relaxing. And while you are on vacation, you’ll feel freer to take your time and enjoy the experience.
- Or when was the last time you sat in a nice restaurant to enjoy a dinner with family or friends, and didn’t care how long it took? You were there primarily to enjoy time with one another. Spend the evening trying new food and catching up.
- Orlando has a great downtown. You will find some beautiful lakes to walk around.
- I know they have Sea World, but they also have a nice aquarium you can visit if you are looking for something >something slower pace. Here you will find lots of stingraysys, sharks, and of course lots of fish.
As a society, Americans are extremely busy. Most of us adults are working in some capacity. And then many also have hobbies we like keeping up with. There are also things to do to maintain a house, car and all the stuff we feel we have to have. And then there is marriage and all our other family commitments. Kids are just as busy with school, sports and everything else they do. Vacations are one time families get away from their full lives and take time to be together and make memories. That is the big reason that I’m in this business..
But did you know that traveling is also great for a child’s education? Children who travel seem to be more respectful and tolerant. They are also more willing to try new things..
Let’s keep looking at tropical vacations that would be perfect to take the kids along.
- And let’s start today by looking at Caribbean cruises. Caribbean cruises may be some of the most popular vacations out there. In the cruise world, the Caribbean is split into Eastern and Western. Because these are so popular you are going to find that many cruiselines off these cruises. So what are you looking for in a cruise? Do you want something that will keep your children busy the entire time? Do you want a very inexpensive cruise, or would you rather pay once and then not have to worry about money on your trip?
- Tulum is a city in Mexico that is pretty reasonably priced. It is also fairly accessible. You will find ancient Mayan ruins and beautiful beaches here. It is also pretty family friendly.
- Have your children been studying ancient Greece? You might want to give them a taste of what Greece is like now by taking them to Mykonos. This city will give you a good feel for Greek culture. Your whole family will love the cuisine. Very rich people also keep their yachts here.