If you do not already have a vacation planned, you might want to considerplanning one for either late August or early September. Today we are going to start looking at some destinations you might want to consider.
- And let’s start with Anguilla which is located in the Caribbean. This sounds like a nicer area with a lot of luxurious resorts.. You are going to find many five star places here.
- Key West is always going to be nice, but you will be able to get a very nice breeze most of the time. Their Duval Street always has a party going on. And surprisingly, some of the hotels are going to have their best rates in the summertime. H
- ave you wanted to visit Vietnam, but haven’t been sure when? Late summer through October is going to be when the crowds die down. This is also when prices drop. You will also enjoy great temperatures light rainfall.
- Mexico is always pretty inexpensive, but this is especially true during the summer months. Places like Cancun, Playa Del Carmen and Tulum are all going to have great rates whether you want a normal hotel or an all inclusive resort.
- Are you craving winter in summer? Try going to New Zealand. You are going to get great rates anywhere you go. And you will also avoid the crowds.
I am going to be doing this as I can over the next couple of weeks.. But I do think I need to take a vacation, trying to figure out the balance.
- Anyway, even though I am a firm believer that everyone needs to take time away from work, I try my best to let you know here and on my Facebook group when I’m planning to be away. If I’m not answering an e-mail within a day or two, I’m either gone, which you should know about, or having problems with my computer. If a travel agent is not answering your e-mail that’s a red flag.
- I want to help you plan your dream trips, helping you make memories that will last a lifetime. Hearing your ideas is important to me. I think I am going to be working on a “vacation planning guide when we get back to normal life. If a travel agent is not listening to the things that you are saying you want in your trip, that is a definite red flag. No one should push a trip on you that you do not want.
- You also probably don’t want to hear your travel agent saying, “I’m just doing this part time to get the free trips,”. And they should never encourage you not to read your travel insurance policy. Really you should read everything to do with your trip to make sure you know everything.
I would love to know your thoughts.
Rome is a pretty popular destination. Italy is known for having exquisite food and wine. Some of the greatest artists of the Renaissance were Italy, and so there is a lot of art museums you may want to explore. And of course, Rome itself is home to the Catholic Church and. Today let’s start by looking at a few basics.
- First, when do you want to travel to Rome? It is usually best to go either sometime in April or May, or sometime in September or October. The summer months can get extremely hot here. And even if you do want to brave the heatwave, you will want to avoid August because that’s when the people there take their vacations. Airfare is usually at its lowest in September and October, which is another thing you’d want to keep in mind.
- How long should you plan to stay in Rome? That mostly depends on what you want to see while there. If you want to see all the major sites, you’ll want to stay between four days and a week. Doing it in less than that is going leave you feeling pretty rushed. And part of the point of vacationing is to relax.
- Speaking of relaxing, you are going to find plenty of places to sleep. The closer you get to the heart of the city, the the more expensive the hotels usually are. If you are short on time, this might be worth the convenience. Europe has a lot of hostels too.
- And finally, where should you eat? You are not going to go hungry here. There are literally restaurants everywhere you look. And one thing you should be aware of when ordering pizza is that if you are ordering pepperoni, they will think that you want. What we call pepperoni they call salami. x
The first part of July is going to be busy for our family, and I’m not exactly sure when I am going to be online and when I might not be. I am going to step away from work to enjoy time with my family. Anyway, I am going to have to play a lot of this by ear and just see what happens.
Okay, now that we’ve covered most the major cruiselines, let’s look at some other things you should be aware of when planning a cruise.
- Cruise ships are going to take you to all kinds of different places. The Bahamas and the Caribbean are very popular destinations when it comes to cruising, and so is Europe. The ships are going to stop in what they call ports. It is usually a good thing to have some idea of what you want to do at each port. The cruiselines will be able to help you. I would be more than happy to help you figure this out, especially if you book through me.
- Another thing you will want to think about is that different cruises have some things they do charge for. The general rule of thumb is, the less you pay up front the more they will nickel and dime you once you are on board. On cheap cruises, you’ll want to be careful even with things like drinking sodas with your meals. On the less expensive cruises, you will pay for your excursions. A lot of cruises will have spas. The bottom line is that you will want to know what is included your cruise before you leave.
- In the old days, most cruises would want everyone to dress formally, especially for dinner and the evening’s entertainment. But most cruises these days will allow you to wear whatever you want. Some of the higher class cruises are going to have a formal evening. You will just want to know what is expected of you.
I have several different thing going on in my life right now. Some of it has to do with work, some does not. Anyway, today let’s take a look at something near and dear to my heart, reasons why you should use a travel agent. Believe me, I know that it’s fairly easy to go online and book a hotel or rent a car. We travel agents are doing our best to educate the public on why it is still good to use us.
- First of all, this is how we make our living. We’re looking at stuff about travel most of the time that we are working, so we know this stuff. We know how to book trips, and we also know how to put the right package together for you.
- Everyone is so busy these days. Who has time to figure out the perfect family vacation or a romantic getaway? Working with us, you will only need to answer a few e-mails, and we can take care of the rest.
- I take time getting to know the people that I work with. I ask questions to help me get to know you and your travel preferences. And I take note of those things so that we don’t have to keep going over the same things. I work hard to make sure that your trip is memorable for all of the right reasons. And of course my hope is that once you book a trip through me, you won’t want to do anything else.
- Sure, reading about different destinations can be exhilarating, but there are so many details you have to figure out. And how do you know that what you’re seeing on the internet is the real thing. I’m always reading about travel, I can usually get a feel for what is legitimate and what is not.
- I’m always getting e-mail about travel deals. I also know how to ask around about the best deals on the trips you’re interested in.
- You may be saying, “Sure, you may be able to get deals, but how much are you going to charge us?” I do not charge you anything. I make money when I book hotels, car rentals, theme parks, cruises.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this. Please let me know.
xxEurope is one of the places that a lot of people would really like to visit one day. Today let’s start looking at some things you might want to know before you go.
- While the Euro is accepted in a lot of European countries, it isn’t accepted in all of them. England and the Scandinavian countries are countries that use other currencies. You will want to know the currency of the country or country that you are visiting before you leave. There are exchange places pretty much anywhere that you would want to go.
- Europeans see Americans as loud and boisterous. And a lot of times, they’re right. Maybe we’re excited to be in the places we have always dreamed about going. Maybe we think that if we talk loud enough, they may be able to understand us better. Please try to keep the noise level down. They will appreciate it.
- We know that countries like France and England have a lot to offer, and we will explore every part of those countries. But some of the other countries we think of having only one city worth seeing. I would love to know the kinds of things you’re interested in seeing, and be able to help you plan your itinerary. Please let me know if you are interested.
- You will not need to carry around all the cash you may need on your entire trip. Take enough to get you from the airport to your first hotel. They do have ATMs in Europe. Look for a bank that will give you a good rate on international transfers.
I am going to try to do this done now. I have a feeling that once I start partying, I won’t want to stop.. let’s get back to our discussion of Memorial Day sites.
- Okay, so remember Valley Forge? That is the place where Washington and his troops spent one very hard winter. The men were dying of famine and disease. Valley Forge has a National Park where you can learn more about this tragic time.
- Do you want to visit a place that to has a lot of historic significance? Try Philadelphia which is fairly close to Valley Forge. This is where the Constitution was written. This is where the Liberty Bell is.
- New York City has a memorial. It is called Fort Greene Park. Here you will be learning more about the eleven thousand men when died as prisoners of war during the Revolutionary War.
When most people think of Memorial Day, they think the long weekend, a chance to do cookouts with family or friends, maybe an excuse to hit the malls. And I’ll admit that this weekend is going to be crazy for us. Dear friends have a son is getting married tomorrow. I think I’ll be able to do this tomorrow, but I’m not sure when. Memorial Day is to remember those who have died in the war. Today let’s look at some places that you might to go to memorialize those who have the ultimate sacrifice.
- The site everyone thinks of when they want to pay honor dead soldiers is Arlington, VA. This is near our Capital of Washington D.C.. This is a cemetery that was establishthe time of the Civil “The Tomb of the Unnamed Soldier”, and you will also find a memorial to women who have served.
- In D.C., you are going to find a lot of memorials. In relation to what we’re talking about today you will find a memorial to both the Korean and the Vietnam War. Both are near the National Mall, is not a shopping center. There are memorials you can visit in this city, which makes it a popular place to visit this weekend.
Let’s get back to discussing tips for traveling with kids.
- First, you might want to consider boarding early. Yes, I know that will make your trip feel that much longer. But doing this will enable everyone to feel more settled in their places. It will be especially helpful if you do not have assigned seats.
- Everyone getting enough rest is essential for a nice, smooth trip. Consider getting a condo. If you are for sure staying in a hotel or resort, consider getting a suite or at least another room.
- Having free breakfast not only cuts down on costs, it also cuts down on stress. This is one meal you’ll know what you’ll be doing and won’t have to have any discussions about.
- I know a lot of people like to just go with the flow while they are on vacation, but some planning is a good idea when you’re traveling with children. You’ll want to try your best to work your children’s sleeping and eating schedules. Not messing with those will help keep everyone happy and on track.
- But you don’t want to overplan your trip, keeping everyone busier than usual.? Children love afternoons at the pool or movie nights.
- You will want to pack everything that you need, but you do not want to overpack. You don’t want to have more to carry than you have to. A lot of places are going to have washers and dryers that you can use.
- If you aren’t going to a resort that has a children’s program, consider bringing a babysitter. It isn’t going to cost that much extra. And vacations are the perfect times to get in some extra dates.