TrEveryone makes mistakes, especially when you’re tired and stressed, and everyone around you is the exact same way. And this is easy to happen when you’re traveling over the holidays. Everyone is wanting to get to their destination and spend the maximum time there. Here are some tips that may be able to help you.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to book your travel.. This is a time that a lot of people want to travel. Booking early will ensure that you will get what you want. You also need to work with a travel agent. We know how to get you the best things.
- We can figure out the best deals for you. We can also help you make all the necessary decisions. Be flexible. Can you leave a couple days early. If you can’t, leaving Thanksgiving morning is another good option.
- And don’t be in such a hurry to get home. Everyone is trying to get home on Sunday night, which makes horrible traffic.
We are not in the dark ages anymore. Women can and do travel while they are pregnant. Here are some tips for when you are expecting.
- You will not want to go to places where you can catch diseases. Certain ones can really harm your baby. Talk to your doctor about risks when you are considering going somewhere. And also know that your risks will be higher during your first and third trimesters.
- Airlines have rules about flying while pregnant. For most, it’s 36 weeks. But some don’t want you flying even before that..
- You can always do a road trip if you want to stay close to home. Stop whenever you feel like it.
Let’s talk some more about points and holiday travel.
- You might want to consider flying instead instead of driving. Everyone and his brother is going to want to fly. And the points people may give you problems about using your points during holiday time. Using your points for hotels and things like that is going to be much easier.
- Traveling after the big holidays is always going to be expensive. And it may be easier for you and the people you are going with to gather during that time anyway. Who works between Christmas and New Year’s Day?
- Sometimes you are allowed to pool your points, and this could also work well if you are trying to do a family gathering.
Let’s get back to our discussion about using your reward points for your holiday travel.
- Some credit cards are going to give you rewards on various places. Examples of this would be a Chase credit card, or a rewards program like American Express has. You can choose where and how you use those rewards of yours. And that always makes life easier.
- Point systems like this are going to have multiple airlines that they partner with. You’ll just have to figure out which airline will give you the best deal.
- Do you need a major influx of hands? You know that a lot of credit cards are going to give you big bonuses when you sign up for their card. Do a little research and figure out which will give you the best deal.
First, I have another set of crazy days coming up. I’m hoping to keep working, but we’ll see how much I can do.
Anyone who has read this blog for long knows that I absolutely love the holidays. Well, I love most holidays, I’m not big on the celebration coming up in October, but anyway. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day are coming up, aren’t those the real holidays. And if there is any time that everyone and his brother wants to travel it this holiday season. This is the one time everyone agrees that you should take time off work. And these travel point places know that and make it harder for you to redeem your points. Today I am going to share some tips that should help you work around that.
- You are going to want to start making your plans as early as you possibly can. And while part up is that you want to start saving points as early in the year as you can, it also means trying to make your plans at least six months before you want to take your trip. I know this is too late to do this year, but try to do it next.
- Start looking now for the less expensive travel date. Try looking at the week before Christmas. You may also be surprised at Day itself can be. The name of the game is to be flexible. Have people you’re trying to meet up withduring the holidays? Let them know how important it is to be flexible, and then do your best to figure everything out together.
- And your flexibility needs to extend to more than just your dates. Consider several different destinations where you might want to go. And again, you are going to want to look for the very best deals
It has been one of those days. I’ve gotten my own device back which means I’m working with a new computer, and I’m not complaining, I love having it. But setting everything up is always fun, figuring out passwords and all that good stuff. I don’t think I am going to be online tomorrow, but anyway. I should be back Monday.
- The general rule of thumb is that each passenger gets one armrest. And that’s the one with your media plugins. Want more room? Talk to the person beside you.
- This is hotly debated. Do you have the right to lean your seat back, or is that just rude to anyone who is behind you? It is best not to do it unless you are on a super long flight. And even then ask the person behind you.
I am home, and ready to be back to work. I am getting through all my e-mail and things like that. I had a great vacation, and now I feel ready to get to some work.
What are you supposed to do on a cruise? We can boil that down to two things, relax and have fun. But today we are going to look some things that you should not do when you go on a cruise.
- A lot of ships are going everything that they can to ensure that you do not get beach seasick. But if you do, please let someone know. They are going to have doctors that will be able to help you. Please don’t go on a cruise and end up in bed the whole time.
- Do not just toss your trash overboard. There will be trash cans on board that you can use. The ocean is just too beautiful to put trash in.
- I know you want to give all of your friends #fomo, but don’t sit on the edge of the rail. That is just dangerous. Use your camera’s zoom feature and things like that.
- Don’t leave your balcony door open. Some kid is going to try to get into your room. They may take something or just make a mess.
I would love to know where you enjoy vacationing? Do you and your family love to rent cabin in the mountains, spending your days hiking and biking, and your evenings cozy in the cabin, playing games and watching movies? Or are you more beach people, having fun in the sun during the day, and partying at night? Today we are going to take a look at some more East Coast destinations.
- Let’s start with White Mountains, New Hampshire.. This place has several smaller theme parks that you and your family will likely enjoy. This is also a great place to go hiking and biking.
- Anapolis, Maryland has a little something for everyone. They have a beautiful waterfront and some fantastic restaurants you will not want to miss out on. You will be fascinated by all of the maritime history they have here. And you will also love their historic charm.
- Or you might want to visit South Carolina’s Lowcountry where you can visit some of their historic cities. I’ve heard that Charleston and Savannah are both excellent places to visit. Make that drive and stop wherever you feel like it.
- Have you heard about Florida’s space Coast? Certainly you’ve heard of Orlando where all the major theme parks are. This area also has a lot of great beaches your family can enjoy. And while you are down there, you might want to visit the Space Center at Cape Canaveral.
- Green Mountains, Vermont is kind of like White Mountains. It too is an excellent place to hike and bike. There are rivers and waterfalls that you and your family will enjoy. It is also just a charming place to visit.
We are going to look at some more cruising tips.
- If you have not been on a cruise, you may have no idea how to choose which cruiseline to go with? I’ve explained this before, but the general rule is that the less you pay up front, the more you’re likely to pay once you board the ship. So if you cruise with someone like Carnival, they are going to want you to pay more tips, you’ll pay when you go some of their restaurants, and a lot of little things like that. When you go with someone like Holland America, you are going to pay more up front, but more will be included. and I’m pretty sure cruiselines like Viking and Cunard are going to charge even more, but give you even more once you board.
- A lot of lines are going to have two to four day cruises so that you can test them out and see how you like it. This is perfect if you have never taken a cruise, or haven’t taken a cruise with that particular line. It will help you figure out whether you enjoy cruising without investing too much time or money.
- Don’t worry about getting seasick. Most cruise ships are huge, and you are not going to feel a thing. But if you want to take some anti motion sickness medicine just in case, do that. The ships are going to have shots they can give you if you get desperate.
- Most cruises have a range of time where you can board. They don’t want everyone coming on at once, that would be insane. But those who are new to cruising will want to get there as early as they can so they can get things figured out.
Let’s look at some more ways you can save on a Caribbean vacation.
- Okay, so say you do decide to go to a resort instead of booking a cruise. Flying is the only way you are going to be able to get there. And this is the time to use those airline miles. Do you know anyone that flies a lot for their job?
- Are you not flush in airline mile? Try signing up for a credit card that gives miles away. Often you will receive a lot of bonuses just to for signing up.
- Often when asked about the best airline for families, people will say Southwest is the best. They’re great when it comes to rebooking or even canceling flights. And they are going to let you bring not one but two checked bags.
- More often than not, you are going to find that renting a condo is going to be less expensive and more convenient than a hotel. Everyone is likely to have their own space. You are going to have a kitchen if that is something that appeals to you.
- Some resorts will have full kitchens in them as well. I’m kind of wondering why that is, since a lot of resorts are all inclusive anyway. I guess it’s up to you, do you want to do things yourselves, or do you want to be pampered?