I think we are going to look at some flight news today. I know this is going to be somewhat different than my normal post, but sometimes different is good [sorry, Arby’s]. Besides, these pieces of news are what caught my eye today.
- Forget suites on a cruise ship or at a resort, try a suite on an airplane. Delta is getting ready to unveil these planes that are going to have these suites in October of this year. The airplanes are going to be doing the very long flights, especially in the beginning. You’ll be enjoying your own room. It sounds like your chair should be basically a recliner. You will also have your own wide screen tv in there.
- Have you ever been to a party for a dog? One of Orlando International’s service dogs is retiring, and they threw him a party. The other service dog s, as well as their fellow humor employees, were invited. The dog was given a large bone for her years of service. Let’s just hope there was other food for the humans.
- I know there’s been a lot of bad news about the airlines, news of airline employee doing their passengers harm. But when a woman went into premature labor on one of Jet Airways flights, the airline’s employees came to the rescue and delivered the baby. Not only that, but they’ve given the little one free flights for life.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
I’m getting an early start and am extremely grateful. I have several things I would like to do today and feel like I am going to have more time.. Also, I wanted to let you know that I’m not sure how much internet access to have next week. We’ll just have to wait and see how everything plays out.
I am told that one of the most lucrative niches you can get into in the travel industry is doing honeymoons. People are usually willing to spend more on this trip, because it is hopefully going to be an once in a lifetime experience. BRIDES Magazine has done a survey and has found St Lucia to be among the most popular places to go on your honeymoon. Today let’s look at some reasons you should consider Sandals’ Regency La Toc.
- The island where this resort is located is truly beautiful. It is the perfect setting for a trip with the one you love. There will be lush gardens you can walk through. They have fire pits where you can cuddle with the one you love in the evenings.
- This is an all inclusive resort, so there will be no need to worry, or have any discussions about finances, while you are there. You will be able to take care of the whole bill even before you arrive.
- Sandals is going to have luxurious accommodations no matter where you choose to stay. They are going to have some really nice suites in their hotel area. Even nicer are their stand alone bungalows which will have their own pools and everything.
- With Sandals, when you stay at one resort, you will have access to all of the activities on all of their resorts. And they will have a shuttle that will take you from place to place.
- You will be choosing from nine different restaurants during your stay here. You will be able to order anything that you like here, and again everything will be covered in that one price you pay up front.
I would love to know your thoughts on this, or any questions you might have.
It is Saturday, guys, and I’m aready to be off my computer for a nice while. I love my job, there’s no question of that. Most of what I do is writing or communicating with others, and I love it. But by Saturday afternoons, I’m tired.
The big news of the week is that I am goingto the camp I went to last year. You may be thinking, “you’re forty one years old, why are you going to camp?” This is a family camp. I go with old friends from when we used to live in Tennessee. It is nice to have that time to catch up with them.
And having gone last year, I think I’m more excited this year. I got to know so many people while I was there this Past year. I’m super excited to be going to see everyone again. Our mornings are pretty much spent listening to teaching and being in small groups. Afternoons are spent outdoors. And evenings are a party of some kind. I think I’m writing this exactly a month before camp starts.
Sometimes when you go on a trip, you know exactly what you want to do, and where you want to go. Other times, you throw caution to the wind and do whatever you want whenever you feel like it. And of course, the easiest way to do a trip that is unplanned is to do a road trip. Today we are going to look at some tips on road trip.
- Okay, I understand that you do not want a set schedule, but you might want to do a little internet research to try to figure out the direction you want to head in. Are there any big events you might want to take part in? Or maybe you just want to look and make sure the direction you’re heading isn’t going to be overly crowded.
- You might be ready for adventure, but is your car? If you’re having any questions about that, consider renting one. You may be surprised at how inexpensively you can rent a car these days. And if something happens to that car while you are on the road, it should be fairly easy to get another car.
- Eating out may be part of the fun of a road trip, but you will want to pack some snacks at least. No one likes to be hungry and have absolutely no idea where they are going to get food or how long it might take. Pack some things everyone will enjoy eating.
- You may be tempted to leave your phone behind, but please don’t, especially if you are traveling by yourself. Phones have all kinds of things that might be helpful to you. It’s great to unplug for times of refreshment, but please be safe in everything that you do.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this or any stories you might want to share.
When Mom and I went on our trip, the first full day we were there we had no real plans, so one of the things we did was go to the grocery store. It was a small store, bigger than a convenience store but much smaller than the stores we have here.. And when we went to Jerusalem, we made a couple of trips to their market. Now that place was huge. And they had a bunch of stalls with all kinds of things. Today let’s look at some reasons you might want to visit a grocery store when visiting a foreign country.
- Going to the grocery store gives you an understanding of the food in the place you’re visiting. You will get a feel for what’s fresh and whats ‘not.Their pricing will also tell you about which foods are easily had there.
- Visiting a grocery store also allow you to watch how the locals shop and live. Few people are thinking about putting on an act here. The agenda is always to get the food you need, maybe catch up with the neighbors.
- This will also help you get to know their language. You can see a lot of the food inside these packages and can read their names.
- Buying food there is going to save you a god bit of money rather than eating in restaurants the whole time. You might want to get stuff for breakfast and lunch and then eat dinners out.
- This is also a great way to get souvenir. We I know we got several gifts for my family from the market.
What should you bring on a cruise? What should you not? Today let’s look at some of those things you shouldn’t bring.
- Cruise s have security just like airlines. This is not a time to dress up as a murderer. you might not get on your cruise this way.
- Most cruises have no dress code. But if you want to dress up, don’t forget anything you might need.
- A cruise is not the time to fish. You will not have anywhere to clean it or cook it or anything. You will not have anywhere to keep it.
- It is always a good idea to take a little bag with the things will want right away. Take things like your swim suit and towels and things like that.
I would love to know your thoughts about this..
Motion sickness. Some people never have any problems with it whatsoever. Other people have real problems with it. Here are some things you might want to try.
- Even before you leave, you will want to avoid eating heavy meals. You will also not want to drink heavily. And I know it’s so hard not to do but you do not want to get some rest instead of racing through everything you want to do. Get some rest.
- Talk to your doctor. There are medication that will help. Get some that will help you ,,.
- I would love to hear your thoughts about motion sickness.
I’m trying to establish relationships with other people in business. One person I’m getting to know is having this online summit. There will be two meetings, tomorrow and Saturday.. This looks like an interesting meeting. I would be going if I knew I would have internet.
Parents only get eighteen years to spend with their kids. Sometimes young adults love going on vacations with their families, others couldn’t be paid to travel with their families. So parents usually want to give their kids the best vacation experience possible. And of course, that means taking them on these exotic vacations, doesn’t it?
The answer to that is , no, not necessarily, especially when you have young children. Young children love tradition when it comes to their vacations. Do you love going to the beach? Pick one beach, maybe even just one hotel, and return there each summer for a week or so. And then decide on one or two places you will go each holiday season.Children just want consistency.
And a big part of that is.. Little kids don’t really like trying new things. They tend to get overwhelmed with all the different things. They do not like trying new things, especially when it comes to new foods. Special times to them are all about getting ice cream, having hours on end of pool or beach time with their parents, and ordering whatever they want to eat.
You’ll know your own children better than anyone, but ten is a good age to usually start looking at taking your kids to other countries. They’re usually old enough to understand cultural differences. They’re curious about the world and how everything works.
Have you taken your kids on an international trip? How did that go?
Cuba is starting to see some mixed results. Airlines are starting to pull back, unsure of what the future might hold for the future of the United States’ relationship with Cuba. But most cruiselines are going full steam ahead. Today let’s look at some of what Norwegian has to offer.
- A lot of the time, you will have to pay for your drinks, especially if you want adult beverages. But that is not the case on these cruises. The major exception to this is top shelf liquors, and this is kind of strange to my, but it looks like you also have to pay for bottled water. That might just be from your inroom fridge
- The ship that now sails to Cuba used to be part of the Hawaiian fleet. You are going to find a lot of the Hawaiian decor there.
- There is a nice splash pool. And while it is listed as a children’s attraction, anyone and everyone plays in this pool. There is also a whirlpool nearby. This sounds like a great place for young families to enjoy together.
The shows are not as spectacular as the ones on their larger ships. But there are a couple of shows that you are sure to enjoy.
I would love to know your thoughts about this. I would also love to help you book a cruise.