Sometimes I truly wonder if my computer can somehow sense that there are several things I want to do, and chooses those days to do weird things.. It’s doing better, so I’ll be quiet about that… We’ve been doing some things with family, and so I’ve kind of been doing the bare minimum, but I have so many things I want to do, like getting articles out there, I need to get back into everything..
I’m disabled, have been since I was born. I don’t know anything other than life in this wheelchair. I’ve done a good bit of traveling with my family. But thanks to my Dad and brothers, I don’t feel like I’ve been particularly left out of anything I’ve wanted to do. Now as I’ve gotten older, there are things I don’t want to anymore. So when I saw this article about traveling with a disability, I got curious. So look at this today.
My family has traveled as long as I can remember, and I’ve gone with them more than not… Now I did wonder if I would ever travel out of our fair United States, but now that I’ve done that, it doesn’t seem that difficult either.
If you are disabled and want to travel, please talk to me. I can help you figure out which trips would work best for you. I would love to help you figure that kind of thing out. Please let me know.
My disability is obvious to anyone that meets me. I’ve never been able to hide anything. But I know that it isn’t like that for everyone. I know a lot of people would rather not discuss their disability. But please when you’re traveling, let someone know you need a little extra help. Travel is tiring for anyone. Getting the help you need is going to make life easier on everyone, especially those who are traveling with you.
I think we are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow please let me know your thoughts on any of this.
Today has been a lot like yesterday. I think things are going to get a lot quieter, giving me more time to work maybe..
Airbnb? You pay to stay in someone’s house. You’ll either get a room or maybe even the whole house to yourself. But I’ve been reading that things can go wrong when people use airbnb. People may say they won’t be home, but there is no guarantee of that. Unsuspecting guests can be hurt and violated in all kinds of ways. And of course, in this day and age, your hosts are also able to record you whenever and wherever you like.
The problem is, this is not a regulated industry. This is basically your word against theirs.. And this is something that I also need to think through. Do I want I’m guests to get hurt on a vacation I booked for them? No, I do not.. Sorry, but with hotels and places like that I have ways to get help, to make them do right by you. I wouldn’t have that recourse with airbnb.
Today has been crazy and so this is going to be fast.
Most everyone has heard about what happened in Vegas. And there is still a lot of talk about what happened and why. There is still a lot of pointing fingers and trying to figure out why and what to do in the future. But they do feel our love and our prayers. And right now that is the most important thing.
We’ve been talking about cruising a lot lately. But if you’ve never cruised, you may be wondering why you think you should take that first cruise. Let’s take a look?
- Cruises can be great money saving deals. You are going to get everything you need in one price. You aren’t going to need to worry much about money once you’re on board. A lot of cruises will even do “kids sail free” deals. Cruises can take you several places on the same same trip. There is no need to unpack every time you move on. And they are going to handle all of the details for you.
- Cruises want to attract business from families, so they have activities for all ages. Most cruises will have excellent children’s programs that group kids in reasonable programs. They’ll also have a wide variety of activities for adults. Want time as a family? They are going to have things you’ll love to do together as a family.
I think we are going to get back to this tomorrow. Let me know what questions you feel.
In order to help you plan your trips, we travel agents need to know several. Let’s look at the three big questions.
- We d to know if this is a trip you have specific dates for? Are you at all flexible in your dates?
- Do you know what you want to do on this trip? Are there things you know you want to do on this trip?
- What kind of budget are you thinking? Is this a trip you want to spend the least you can on? Do you have money you may want to play with?
I do not have long. I’ve not had internet until now.. Today let’s look at some signs you may need a vacation.
- You just feel all of the time. You do not really want to do anything except what you have to do.
- Normally you love your work. But lately you’re completely unmotivated to do anything. You do not want to take on any new projects.
- Or maybe you keep coming down with something. That is not normal at all for you. But lately you’re just so run down that you can’t fight anything.
- You feel like you’re losing touch with your immediate family. You know you’re family. But everyone is busy doing their own thing.
We all know that finding the right people to do business with is important. There are some really great doctors out there, but if you see your health differently than they do, you are going to clash, and that can be no fun of either one of you. The same can be true for any number of professionals you may work With, and that includes travel agents. People may have personality conflicts, or you may not like how they’re always pushing you to spend more money. Today let’s look at some questions you may want to ask before deciding to work with a travel agent.
- Your first question should always be to ask if the travel agent has a specialty. We are told to specialize all we can, to learn specific destinations and sell them all we can. Knowing the destination will help the travel agent answer all your questions about what you want to do and if this is the right place to take your vacation.
- Make it a point to ask for their references. Like a lot of businesses, it would be good to talk to some people who have worked with this travel agent recently. Ask the people who have worked with them before questions like, are they timely, is their information reliable, and if they feel the travel agent is friendly.
- Is the travel agent well traveled? Travel agents can get special deals on trips. And being there lets us know how accurate what we’re reading and learning online is. Travel agents should travel often and to various places to always be learning.
- How much do you charge? Some agents charge a service fee up front. Others work for the commissions they’ll make when you book your vacations through them. You’ll want to know exactly how the money side of things works.
I know that everyone is busy these days. My days and weeks seem to be getting fuller. Part of that is church stuff, part of that is work.. Anyway, let’s get on this post.
When you are busy, having to wait is hard. You have things you could be doing, you don’t want to be stuck in line somewhere. And that may be especially true at airports. You just want to get where you are going. Here are some tips that might help..
- You never want to fly the day before a major holiday. Fly a couple of days before or a couple of days after. Fly on the holiday itself, you might just find some special perks.
- You will want to go through the online check in process. That way, you only have to check your bags and go through security while you’re at the airport.
- And if you will pack really lightly, you can just bring your carry on, and so you will avoid that line as well.
- People that are not high risk for security can apply for what’s known as “Global Entry”. You will need to be approved for this, but it can be well worth the process and cost if you do a lot of traveling.
- There will also be perks of less waiting time when you fly with just one airline. That’s just part of most airlines’ reward packages.
I have had some other things I wanted to get done today today. I’m trying to figure out a place that will pay me to write travel advice. I want to do this to bring in some money for the business, and hopefully get some more clients. Figuring out when to look at writing jobs is hard. I want to get through everything I feel like I need to do each day, but then I often feel too tired to really concentrate on figuring out the writing jobs. I’m not sure what to do, but I am going to try to figure something out.
One of my sisters is going to Mexico next month… Of anyone in our family, she’s the one who likes to live on the dangerous side. As a travel agent, what I’ve heard is that as long as you’ll stay on the resorts, you should be just fine. But the United States has issued a new travel warning in light of recent events, so let’s take a look at what they’re saying now..
Basically there are certain parts of Mexico that have become unsafe because of violence. People have been asked to stay away from those areas, unless you absolutely have to go there. The big problem is that there have been battles between gangs themselves, and fighting between gangs and the Mexican government. At this point, United States’ citizens are not targeted, but of course you never know what could happen, and it’s wisest not to take that chance.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this or any questions you might have.
Personally I think anyone could use a travel agent any time that they are booking a book. But there are times when it is especially useful. Let’s look at some.
- When you have a big group going somewhere it is nice to have a travel agent. The travel agents will coordinate all the schedules are make sure everyone has everything they need.
- Honeymoons are great time to use travel agents. his a special trip and you’ll want everything to be perfect. We may also be able to get you special perks.
- When you are going somewhere for the first time you might want to get a travel agent. And that’s because we can help you figure out everything you want to go and do.