As usual, I have several projects I would love to work on besides this. I should also let you know that I’m not sure how much I am going to be online Thursday through Saturday.. Glancing at the heads, there are several interesting pieces of news, but none that is likely to take a whole blog post. Let’s look at a few of those.
- Big Ben is about to go through a major renovation. This project will likely cost 38 million. the clock will be silent over the next four years.
- Love him or hate him, he is our president and has lived an interesting life. I guess the wealthy always live interesting lives. His boyhood home is now on the market as an airbinb property. This is a rather large house with five bedrooms. This is the home he was born in and lived in until he was four.
- Here in the south, weekend parties and gatherings will be centered around football games by September at the latest. We tend to love our college football and are usually devoted to one team, which lets us know who our arch rivals are. But anyway… Atlanta is having a football fun day on August the twenty-sixth. They will be celebrating the opening of the Falcons’ new stadium. There will be a lot of fun throughout the day, ending with their opening game.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this. I would also love to know i you would like to book any fall travel. I would love to help you.
I have to confess that the first thing I think of when I think of trains is Downton Abbey, that very opening scene where hero John bates steps off the train. That show was set between around 1914 to sometime in the 1920’s. Trains were a huge part of transportation at that time. Now trains are more of a relic of the past than a convenient means of transportation these days.. Or so we think.
Airports these days are going to take up a lot of your time. You have to get there in plenty of time to get through security. And then there are delays in flights. Trains, especially in Europe, tend to run like clockwork. [that was, in part, due to Herr Hilter. That might be the only good thing that he did.] But anyway..
Trains are also known for being more flexible. They run specific routes, and if you miss your scheduled train, without too much extra stress or expense.. And when it comes to traveling with children, trains may be a better way to keep them entertained. Let’s look at some reasons why.
- I know you can see some from an airplane, especially if you’re flying during the day. But trains are right on the ground where you can see everything.
- Another benefit of riding on a train is that you can get up and walk around. You are free to explore. You can meet the conductor and ask him your questions.
- You are also freer to either pack your own food or to go into the dining cart.
- Trains have some tables that will allow you to play games as a family. And this is a great way to pass the time.
Please let me know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
I have several different things going. So I am going to try to get this done so that I can get to some other work stuff.. I’m trying to figure out the best way to do everything and the right order. I’m someone who likes doing everything in a certain order and getting into a rhythm..
The fall is a wonderful time to go on a cruise. A lot of families are now heading back to schools and into their normal routines. You can usually find pretty good deals on cruises. Let’s look at some cruise news today.
- First, where are the places that people are loving cruising to these days? Actually it might not is the destinations themselves that may be the biggest draw. People like to be entertained while on their cruises, and cruiselines are doing their best to cater to those interests. Cruises these days are not only going to have a lot of your food covered, you’ll also get a lot of your entertainment, sports activities and the kids’ club privileges for no additional charge.
- And I know I’ve said this before, but the higher grade of cruise that you go on, the less you will have to pay for anything once you are on board. That is just the way it works in the cruise industry. When you go on the nicer cruises most everything is already paid for, and you don’t need to worry about money.
- Theme cruises are also big. There are cruises for foodies where you not only eat well, you can also learn to cook and learn more about wines as well. There are cruises that will be all about certain shows, or history, or art.
I would love to be able you plan your dream cruise. Please let me know.
My communication device, which is also my computer, had to be sent off to get work done three weeks ago, I was given a loaner a week later. And two days after that we left for camp.. I was planning to take the time I was away at camp off anyway..
Getting my loaner device up and running has taken longer than I would have like.. I couldn’t remember my password for this, but also couldn’t remember my password for the e-mail I use for this. It’s been kind of crazy, but I’m back and feeling a lot better about everything.
I know I’m always saying we need to take more time off. I don’t do much of that myself though. I truly enjoy what I do, and get pretty bored if I’m not working unless we have family or friends around.. I should be back to my normal postings tomorrow
Let’s face it. Planning a wedding an be a lot of fun. It can also be a ton of work. It can also bring a lot of family drama. Your family wants you to invite everyone. They want to help you plan every single thing. But this is your big day, the most important to take day of your One of the ways to avoid this is by planning a destination wedding.. These weddings are mostly about what you and your future husband want. People are less likely to insist that you invite everyone they know.
Some travel agents specialize in these destination weddings. Some have done hundreds of these. And so not only will they be on good terms with all the resort, they will also be able to match you with the best resort to make your dreams come true.
You will need to get some of what you want before going to your travel agent. Know the type of place you want. Have an idea of of your budget. Know how many people you want to go. Decide if you are going everyone to stay the whole time, or do you want sometime alone with your new husband?
I am going to get back to this discussion tomorrow.. Sorry things have been kind of crazy this week.. I’m working with llimited internet.
I think we are going to look at some flight news today. I know this is going to be somewhat different than my normal post, but sometimes different is good [sorry, Arby’s]. Besides, these pieces of news are what caught my eye today.
- Forget suites on a cruise ship or at a resort, try a suite on an airplane. Delta is getting ready to unveil these planes that are going to have these suites in October of this year. The airplanes are going to be doing the very long flights, especially in the beginning. You’ll be enjoying your own room. It sounds like your chair should be basically a recliner. You will also have your own wide screen tv in there.
- Have you ever been to a party for a dog? One of Orlando International’s service dogs is retiring, and they threw him a party. The other service dog s, as well as their fellow humor employees, were invited. The dog was given a large bone for her years of service. Let’s just hope there was other food for the humans.
- I know there’s been a lot of bad news about the airlines, news of airline employee doing their passengers harm. But when a woman went into premature labor on one of Jet Airways flights, the airline’s employees came to the rescue and delivered the baby. Not only that, but they’ve given the little one free flights for life.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
I’m getting an early start and am extremely grateful. I have several things I would like to do today and feel like I am going to have more time.. Also, I wanted to let you know that I’m not sure how much internet access to have next week. We’ll just have to wait and see how everything plays out.
I am told that one of the most lucrative niches you can get into in the travel industry is doing honeymoons. People are usually willing to spend more on this trip, because it is hopefully going to be an once in a lifetime experience. BRIDES Magazine has done a survey and has found St Lucia to be among the most popular places to go on your honeymoon. Today let’s look at some reasons you should consider Sandals’ Regency La Toc.
- The island where this resort is located is truly beautiful. It is the perfect setting for a trip with the one you love. There will be lush gardens you can walk through. They have fire pits where you can cuddle with the one you love in the evenings.
- This is an all inclusive resort, so there will be no need to worry, or have any discussions about finances, while you are there. You will be able to take care of the whole bill even before you arrive.
- Sandals is going to have luxurious accommodations no matter where you choose to stay. They are going to have some really nice suites in their hotel area. Even nicer are their stand alone bungalows which will have their own pools and everything.
- With Sandals, when you stay at one resort, you will have access to all of the activities on all of their resorts. And they will have a shuttle that will take you from place to place.
- You will be choosing from nine different restaurants during your stay here. You will be able to order anything that you like here, and again everything will be covered in that one price you pay up front.
I would love to know your thoughts on this, or any questions you might have.
It is Saturday, guys, and I’m aready to be off my computer for a nice while. I love my job, there’s no question of that. Most of what I do is writing or communicating with others, and I love it. But by Saturday afternoons, I’m tired.
The big news of the week is that I am goingto the camp I went to last year. You may be thinking, “you’re forty one years old, why are you going to camp?” This is a family camp. I go with old friends from when we used to live in Tennessee. It is nice to have that time to catch up with them.
And having gone last year, I think I’m more excited this year. I got to know so many people while I was there this Past year. I’m super excited to be going to see everyone again. Our mornings are pretty much spent listening to teaching and being in small groups. Afternoons are spent outdoors. And evenings are a party of some kind. I think I’m writing this exactly a month before camp starts.
Sometimes when you go on a trip, you know exactly what you want to do, and where you want to go. Other times, you throw caution to the wind and do whatever you want whenever you feel like it. And of course, the easiest way to do a trip that is unplanned is to do a road trip. Today we are going to look at some tips on road trip.
- Okay, I understand that you do not want a set schedule, but you might want to do a little internet research to try to figure out the direction you want to head in. Are there any big events you might want to take part in? Or maybe you just want to look and make sure the direction you’re heading isn’t going to be overly crowded.
- You might be ready for adventure, but is your car? If you’re having any questions about that, consider renting one. You may be surprised at how inexpensively you can rent a car these days. And if something happens to that car while you are on the road, it should be fairly easy to get another car.
- Eating out may be part of the fun of a road trip, but you will want to pack some snacks at least. No one likes to be hungry and have absolutely no idea where they are going to get food or how long it might take. Pack some things everyone will enjoy eating.
- You may be tempted to leave your phone behind, but please don’t, especially if you are traveling by yourself. Phones have all kinds of things that might be helpful to you. It’s great to unplug for times of refreshment, but please be safe in everything that you do.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this or any stories you might want to share.
When Mom and I went on our trip, the first full day we were there we had no real plans, so one of the things we did was go to the grocery store. It was a small store, bigger than a convenience store but much smaller than the stores we have here.. And when we went to Jerusalem, we made a couple of trips to their market. Now that place was huge. And they had a bunch of stalls with all kinds of things. Today let’s look at some reasons you might want to visit a grocery store when visiting a foreign country.
- Going to the grocery store gives you an understanding of the food in the place you’re visiting. You will get a feel for what’s fresh and whats ‘not.Their pricing will also tell you about which foods are easily had there.
- Visiting a grocery store also allow you to watch how the locals shop and live. Few people are thinking about putting on an act here. The agenda is always to get the food you need, maybe catch up with the neighbors.
- This will also help you get to know their language. You can see a lot of the food inside these packages and can read their names.
- Buying food there is going to save you a god bit of money rather than eating in restaurants the whole time. You might want to get stuff for breakfast and lunch and then eat dinners out.
- This is also a great way to get souvenir. We I know we got several gifts for my family from the market.