I’m getting a late start, and have several things I hoping to accomplish. I’m still looking for the right host agency. That is just taking longer than I would like.. And for the past few months I haven’t even done much looking, much less writing, but I want to get into that much more.. The past months I’ve worked, but it feels like I’ve just done what “I’ve had to do”, and there have been a lot of different reasons for that. I’m trying to figure out how to do everything that I would like to do and in which order. I always want to do the things I know I have to do first, and then get on to the bigger projects. But lately I do not seem to have much time for the big projects..
But anyway… Let’s get back to discussing Why taking a vacation is important for your career.
- Obviously more people taking vacations, booking through me, would make me happy. And this is because I would not only be making money, I would also be helping people.. But people need change. They need time to leave the cares of work behind.
- Vacations are also great times to network. You are going to be new people as you travel. And what is one of the first questions anyone asks? Isn’t it, “What do you do for a living”? This might be an excellent times to drum up new business. However, I would recommend not making that the focal point of your trip.
- I run this business by myself, so if I’m not working nothing is getting done. But for people who are working with others, they can see how their team does without them. They will be able to see any problem areas they need to work on.enjoy planning
- Vacations tend to make everyone happier. A lot of t of people even enjoy planning vacations. [Some actually make a career out of it, ha ha ha]. And besides, taking a vacation might help you remember how much you enjoy being with your family.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this. Please let me know.
I think, I hope, I’ll be settling into work for a while… For at least a couple of weeks anyway, I know that the end of December and most of January will be pretty busy for me. I’m not sure how much I am going to be able to work. But right now I’m fired up, have several ideas of projects I’d really like to start.I know there is work\life balance, but I’m not sure what exactly that looks like for me. However, a lot of Americans simply do not take time off from work.
- I know I’ve said it before, and I’m sure I’ll say it again, but Americans are not taking time off of work. They are worried about losing their jobs, and that is true whether or not they like their job. They think working all the time is going to impress the boss. The other problem is that they see the work just piling up, just waiting for them to return.
- Another problem is that many Americans love their work and get a lot of satisfaction from what they do. They feel like they do not get the same level of accomplishment in other areas of their life. [And I think that may be a problem in my own life. Being disabled, I know I’m accomplishing something when I’m working, otherwise there’s not much I can do.]
- Some Americans are truly addicted to their work. They do not like time off, even for things like eating or sleeping. They do not make enough time for their families or to enjoy hobbies.
Today we’ve kind of looked at the problem. I’d love to hear if anyone relates to this problem. We’ll look more at this topic tomorrow.
Like I said in Why I do what I do, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about my business and the kind of people that I want to reach. And the main group of people that I want to reach out to and get as clients is mothers who are running their own businesses. And since I own my own business, I at least have an idea of what that is like. Owning a business means you often are doing everything for that business yourself, and you most always run out of time and energy way before the projects run out.And I can only imagine being a Mom too. Whether you’re just getting started raising your family and are dealing with dirty diapers and bottles, or are dealing with teenagers and their antics, you have a lot of different things calling to you. So today let’s do something a little different and talk about work\life balance.
- Everyone is different. What works for one person will not work for someone else. And you may have to try different things until you find the best thing for you. I’m part of several Moms’ groups on Facebook. Some people like getting up way early to work before the other people in their house are up. Other women stay up and work after putting their children to bed.
- A lot of women are working from home in order to avoid childcare costs. But that is not the only reason to work from home. Some women just want to be their own boss. There are some great daycares out there. There are also people willing to be a nanny for your children. You just need to figure out what works best for you.
- Stay organized. Find a way to get you and your family’s schedule in one place, whether that’s a big calendar on a wall or something you keep electronically, have something that can keep you on track. Have your kids help you with chores. Again, you will be able able to figure out what works best for you and your family.
I think I am going to stop here and get back to this Monday. In the meantime, I would love to know your thoughts.
Sometimes you just need to get back to the basics. That is true for individuals and families. And that is also true for families.. I’ve mentioned that I’m doing some training on Facebook, and going through that has made my think about why I do what I do.
Family has always been important to me. I’ve always been one to get excited when I knew we were about to visit our extended family, or anyone we don’t get to see every day. I miss having siblings around to do things with.
But it’s more than just me loving my owns family. I’ve always been interested in families in general. I believe in traditional marriage, and so many families are breaking up these days that it’s heartbreaking.
Everyone is busy these days. A lot of families have both parents working. Some families have to do that in order to make ends meet. Other couples ave both parents working because they want to. They dreams outside their home, and to be clear, I’m not saying that there is anything wrong with working outside the home. And then our children are busy as well. They’re in school, and then they’re also in sports or are involve d in the arts.
So with everyone in the family busy, when when do they actually spend time together? Do everyone sit down for a meal together at Least once or twice a week? Are you part of each other’s lives, or are we too busy doing our own thing?
Going on vacations helps us get us out of our day to day busy schedules and makes us spend time together. Vacations also help us make good memories.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this. I would also love to hear any questions you might have.
I have good news, but I also have bad news. The good news is that more and more Americans are actually taking vacations these days. The bad news? A lot of people are working when they’re on vacation.
Apparently this is a trend that is not just in the United States. People around the world are taking vacations, spending more money on vacations. [And that is good news for those of us are in the travel industry.] But how much of a break can anyone get when they’re checking e-mails, answering phone calls and things like that for their jobs?
I know that there are people who don’t feel like they can take much time off. This is especially true for those of us who own our businesses. A lot of us are a one man operation, and if we don’t work, nothing gets done. Today we are going to look at some tips that might help you get a break.
- Try to pick a time when your family is still sleeping or doing their own thing. Personally I like getting up early. It’s one of the quietest times of the day. Also if you can get everything done first thing , you won’t have to think about it the rest of the day. Other people feel like it’s best to work once everyone else goes to bed for the night. I just think you’d be tired from the fun.
- If you are going to work this way, put a message on your phone saying when you’ll be available. You’ll also want to put an away message on your e-mail letting them know when you will get back to them.
- If you get an idea for a new project, go on and put a note on your pda, but try not to start working on it right away. Some of the best ideas take time to develop. Let the idea sit in the back of your mind for a while and watch what happens.
- If you do have someone working on your business, try to leave them in charge of everything that you can. Taking as much of a break as you possibly can is always the best idea. You’ll never know how well your partner can do unless you give them a try. And of course, you’ll want to give them a break sometime too.
I would love to know your thoughts about this.
I’m usually talking about taking vacations here. [Since I’m a travel agent, that’s pretty much expected.] I believe in work\life balance. I believe it is good and right to work, to find a job we love and pour ourselves into it, but making sure we make time for our family and friends. And of course, I believe in taking vacations when we need to.. If it is time to start planning your next vacation, I would love to be the one to help you through that process.
For those looking to take a romantic getaway, a Couples’ Resort might be the ideal spot. Today we are going to take a to look at some reasons why that is.
- First, all inclusive tends to be a word that is used a lot when we talk about vacations, but each travel vendor defines exactly what that means with their company. With Couples’, you are going to probably going to get everything you’ll want at the up front price. You are going to get all of your meals covered any time that you want to eat, day or night. You’ll get to take part in their nightly entertainment at no charge. You’ll also get free golf, I do not see many places that say that. You’ll also get to participate in off-site trips.
- You will also have access to a “romance conceirge” who will help you line up everything that you will want to do on your vacation.
- Let’s look some at their accommodations. It looks like a lot of their suites are actually little bungalows which give you a lot of privacy. These are quiet retreats which will give the perfect place to relax with the one you love. Itlooks like a lot of these units will not have tvs.
- Okay, I said earlier that all your meals are included, but what kind of food experience ? It looks like you can choose from a little bit of everything. There is a grill which will be opened 24/7. They have a place where you can get sandwich. They also have a nice breakfast place. hey have a nice Asian restaurant they also have several nice places for you to do dinners.
- But maybe you have gone and explored all day, and all you really want to do is relax in your rooms. They will accommodate you. They will also serve you breakfast in bed. Looking to rekindle those sparks? Try having dinner in the moonlight here you will enjoy a nice three-course dinner, complete with wine.
I would love to help you book a vacation at one of these resorts. Please let me know if you are interested.
Yesterday I opened up by telling you why I don’t especially like staycations. Today let’s talk about the reason I do like them.. When I think of staycations, I think of families taking time away from all of their activities of life to have some focused time together. And honestly, you might be better to do that at home than you would be in a place you were unfamiliar with. And my hope as a travel agent, and in my writing, is to help families reconnect.. So let’s look at some more tips for staycations.
- Is anyone in your family creative? Is anyone artistic? You might want to take a day to paint, and I’m not talking about painting the house. If
- you have older kids, you might want to consider putting a mmural mural together. If you have younger kids, you might want to try painting with chocolate pudding. it is fun and delicious.
- Is there a river or other body of water in your area, but somehow you never find time to enjoy it? a staycation. spend the day by the water.
- When is the last time your family enjoyed cooking a meal together. It can start at the grocery store where you can pick out your favorite foods. Try some new recipes or make up your own.
- Some restaurants will allow you to take a tour of their operations. I know that my family visited a doughnut shop and a pizza shop. it has been years since we’ve done that. But when we did that, they cooked something, and then we got to eat.
- And finally, you might want to do a park hop. What’s that, you might ask? A park hop is when you visit several parks in one day. There are toys that even grown ups can play on.
Those are some of the ideas I’ve had. I would love to hear your ideas.
I know what I wrote yesterday. I know I work on vacation from time to time myself. But under ideal circumstances, it is best not to work on vacation. Here are some reasons why.
- First, our bodies are designed so that we need extended times of rest.. For myself, unless there is a crisis, I do not work on Sundays. Not only do I not work, I try not to be on my computer, and have an extended time to be out my wheelchair. Even then, I find myself wearing down and not being able to think if I am just working six days a week for several weeks in a row.
- Work is stressful, no matter how much you enjoy what you do, no matter if your work is mostly mental or mostly physical. Working all the time is going to lead to health problems on down road. Taking no breaks is also going to lead to burn out.
- You need time away to be sharp at work. Have you ever had a problem you could not figure out, until you set it aside for a while. And then when you came back to the problem, it was much easier to figure out, wasn’t it?
- It is important to take time out to relax and enjoy being with family and friends. We were made to need and be needed by others. We need time to enjoy ourselves.
I’ll be honest, I have a lot of different things I want to do, for the business and otherwise. I have some decisions I need to make, I may be making some changes soon, but need to look into some things.. I’m not sure I am going to do this weekend, and how much will wait. But first…
With the invention and expansion of the internet, and so much of what we do connected to said internet, a lot of people find it very difficult working altogether, even while they’re on vacation. That’s true even for me Personally, I try to take my time off when we’re with family I don’t live with. But even then when I have internet and down time, I might end up working. I love this job and want to do well.
Honestly, part of me feels like I should know better. I want to be known as the travel agent who helps families reconnect through travel. And part of reconnecting with family and loved ones is taking time away from all we usually do and making time together the priority. But sometimes you can’t get complete y away from work. Today we are going to look at what you should do in this situation.
- Set aside a specific time each day when you will work. For example, you may want to get up early and get your work done before the others in your family are ready to start the day. or maybe you’re a night owl and would prefer to work when the others are in bed.
- Take time to enjoy your family and the vacation that you are on. Leave your phone and laptop in your hotel room. If you’re running a small company, leave the person you trust most in charge. And then turn around and make sure they get a vacation with their family as well. Let them know the times that you have decided to work.
- I know at home I’ll usually spend several hours a day doing work stuff. Limit yourself to a couple of hours while you’re on vacation. And please, do not use time your family is relaxing by the pool or whatever. Take sometime to relax.
Once again we are going to talk about Millennials. Yes, this is first and foremost a travel blog, but my main purpose for this business is to bring families together through travel.. I’ve said it before and will say it again. But families are so busy these days, working, going to school, and then doing whatever else of, church, etc, that we don’t make time to really make our families the priority that they need to be.
Millennials look at life a little bit differently.. Having your own business is something a lot of people are doing or want to do. It is not as uncommon as it used to be for women to work outside the home while their husbands stay home with their children. Sometimes both parents run a business out of their home. I see nothing wrong in either of these scenarios. But please remember to take time away from your work to simply enjoy being a family. Make it a point to do a “date night”at least every couple of weeks. Do a family night once or twice a month where you play games, go out to eat, or something just to have fun together.
When it comes to planning your vacations, who is the most likely one to plan your trips? Studies say that it’s the mother of the family more often than not. Women may work full time, and take care of the house and the children. She might have help with that , she might not. But a lot of times women seems to have more energy and stamina. They can stay up late at night to work on a project.
The good news is I can help you plan your vacations, taking a lot of the guesswork out of planning something Yourself. Please let me know how I can help you.