I know that I have said this before, and no doubt will say, but as we don’t to think about it, can go wrong when you are on vacation. Life just works like that. I write posts like this to help educate you.
- The first tip is to be flexible. Weather happens, and flights don’t get out on time. Hotels have things that break that break just like anyone else that has property. You may want to go to an amusement park, only to wake up and find that it is going to s. Traveling yourself? Take a good or. orm the entire day. Learn to laugh the things that wrong. Enjoy the times of waiting with your family. Traveling by yourself? Take a good book or several.
- I know travelers that a packing list of everything they might. They keep a copy on their computer. And then go through that list every time they pack. Sure, there will be some that you’ll want and others that you’ll want to leave behind. But a list will help you think through everything that you may need.
- English is going to be spoken in a lot of places that you will. But learning even a tiny bit of their language is going to help you earn their respect. Learning as little, thank you, and I’m sorry is enough most of them smile.
- Be prepared. Bring that extra camera battery. You never know when you might see the most gorgeous scene in your life and want to take that picture.
Yesterday we started talking about Excellence Resorts. Today let’s continue that discussion, and we are going to start by discussing their restaurants.
- Each resort is going to have several different restaurants you can choose from, and each will have its own cuisine. You are likely going to be able to choose from French, Italian, Asian at least. And then there is always Mexican food, although it may be different than what we’re used to here in the States.
- There will also be an impressive number of bars and lounges at any Excellence Resort. Do you want to go somewhere where you can dance the night away? They will have that, and probably have several that you can choose from . Do you want to go watch some shows? They will have that as well. They will also have places where you can watch your favorite sports team play.
- And what is there to do during the day? You will have access to outdoor Jacuzzis. You can also play games like pool, table tennis and darts. You will also have access to snorkeling equipment, and nice fitness centers. Or do you want to just stay in your suite, playing on your laptop and eating room service all day? You are free to do that as well.
- Like I said yesterday, this is the perfect place for romance. Do you have a honeymoon that you are planning? They are a great place to do that. Or you could go all the way and make it a destination wedding.
Does everything I’m saying make you want to book a trip? I would love to help you plan a getaway of any kind. Please let me know.
You have heard that when looking for a fun in the sun vacation, you are going want to try the Caribbean at some point. And as great as you know cruises to be, taking a cruise is not what you want to do this trip? Maybe you have been on a cruise, and you’ve discovered an particular island you want to explore. If the trip you are wanting to go on is romantic trip like we were talking about last week, you might want to try going to an Excellence. And here are some reasons why.
- To begin with, Excellence chooses some of the most gorgeous locales for each resort that they build. They have their resorts in places like Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, the Mexican Caribbean, and Jamaica. If going to the most beautiful beaches in the area is something that is important to you, these are resorts that you will definitely want to check out.
- Is getting spa treatments one of your top priorities? Excellence is going to have an excellent spa for you to enjoy. They are going to have many different spa treatments that you can enjoy. And of course, they are going to offer couples’ treatments that you can enjoy together.
- Excellence Resorts are adults-only properties to be sure. This is part of why it is perfect for romantic getaways. You are going to be able to choose between a junior suite and seven other types of suites. You will enjoy great enjoy great views, and may even get your own plunge pool.
- Personally swimming is one of my favorite things to do on vacation. These resorts are each going to have a variety of pools. Do you want to go to a huge pool and hang out with everyone? They will have that sure. And like I’ve said, they also have plunge pools for when you want some privacy.
Romance travel is in. I mean, who doesn’t want to go on a trip with their spouse, spending time reconnecting? Today let’s look at a couple of resorts that are perfect for that romantic getaway.
- Secrets Cap Cana just had its Grand Opening in late April, so this is pretty much brand new. It was built on a beautiful beach in Punta Cana. You will not be wearing wristbands. They have twenty-four hour room service, in case you need that midnight snack. They have restaurants where you can order off a menu, meaning that that you aren’t going eaten off of mediocre buffets the whole time. And you will not have to make reservations. They also have free wifi and phone calls to North America. There are different things you can do during the day and in the evening.
- And then there is Serenity at Coconut Bay which is in St Lucia. It looks like this place is pretty small, less than forty suites. The suites more than a thousand square feet. You will be getting butler service. You will have twenty-four hour room service here as well. You may even get your own plunge pool. You can take your pick of several restaurants and bars, and there are plenty water activities you can take part in.
We are going to continue our discussion about CocoCay..
- Does your family just love to ziplines? You are going to have your choice of a combo of that and the waterof landing on land or in water. You can also get a combo pack where you can do the zipline and go to waterpark in the same day
- Are you looking for a new perspective? You might want to go in one of their hot air balloons.
- You will also be able to rent different sporting equipment. And a spa is also available for when you want to relax.
Now let’s look at some of their complementary eateries.
- The Chill Grill is the largest dining venue. They are going to serve everything from tacos to barbecue. And this is a casual eatery.
- Another casual eatrey is Skipper’s Grille where you will find all your lunchtime favorites.
Have you heard? Private islands are really popular among cruiselines. If you are simply looking for fun in the sun, these islands are definitely the places you’ll want to be. Some of the cruiselines are at the place where they needed to renovatie their private island of CocoCay. Let’s look at some of what this island has to offer.
First, let’s go over a few basics. So this island is about 240 miles from Port Canaveraal, and only about 65 miles Nassau. You can only get there by cruise, and it is only for Royal Caribbean’s guests. You’ll need your SeaPass card to get on and off your ship. This card is also how you’ll pay for your food and drink. However, if you think you want to buy some things at their market, you will want to take some cash.
- What is included when you come to this island? One of the new features on this island is Captain Jill’s Galleon which is a waterpark that has a lot of water cannons and slides. For children, there is Splashaway Bay which is full of sprinklers, pools, and water cannons and slides. Are you looking for an adult pool? You will want to try Oasis Lagoon, which is the Caribbean’s largest freshwater pool.
- Don’t mind paying for some thrills? If you love waterslides, you will want to try the Thrill Waterpark. Here you will find the most slides of any waterpark in the Caribbean. It also has the Caribbean’s largest wavepool. You can get into this park for under one hundred dollars.
We are going to talk about this more tomorrow.
June will be here before you know it, and in June we are going to be celebrating Father’s Day. A lot of fathers work really hard to provide for their families. And sometimes fathers don’t want to spend anymore money than necessary. In light of that, we are going to look at some things you can do to plan an inexpensive vacation.
- When you go on vacation and really want to stick to that budget you created for yourself, the first thing that you will want to do is to do some careful planning. You will want to figure out exactly where you are staying. Are you flexible on when you take your vacation? You can always find better prices when you go after everyone else leaves.
- And when it comes to traveling inexpensively, do not overlook flying as a consideration. You can get some amazingly cheap planes. But when you think about that, you will also have to consider how you are going to get around once you reach your destination.
- Eating out at restaurants can get quite costly. What my family usually did when we were going out of town and were not staying with family or friends is we would go to a grocery store and get food for breakfast and lunch, and then we would eat out somewhere for supper.
- Okay, you know where you want to go. You have your hotel booked. And now you know what to do about food. But what are you going to do when you are on your trip? Sure, everyone is going to want to be at your hotel pool some of the time. But what else do you want to do. There are free things you can do in every city. There also coupon books that will have discounts on some interesting things you can do. You can usually find those online.
Let’s look at a few other things you might not want to forget on your cruise.
- Unless you have a really crazy family like on the movie, “Home Alone”, you will not be forgetting your children. Hopefully they will make it point to remind you. But what are you going to do about your pets? Make a plan for them long before you are to leave on your cruise to have that that taken care of.
- It is always wise to bring snacks on your trip. You never know what might happen along the way. I think my mother used to bring some kind of snack even when we were driving around town. Of course, there were eight of us, so someone was bound to get hungry. Have snacks that aren’t going to make such a mess.
- And don’t forget to bring some of that old fashioned thing called cash. You never know when you might need that. You might want to tip someone, or need to take a cab somewhere, or any of things like that.
And now for some other cruise news.
- Disney has been signing agreements for terminal right for twenty years and beyond. It doesn’t look like they’re planning to get out of the cruise business any time soon. Of course, when your cruises are always booked solid, why would you?
- Carnival has done a makeover on one of their ships. It is now called the Carnival Sunrise. And its godsmother is the daughter of some bigwig in the Carnival Cooperation.
You may have never been on a cruise. You may have been on ten. Either way, here are some things wise cruisers take on all their trips.
- Okay, imagine this. You have finally gotten through all the long lines to get aboard your ship. You’ve unpacked and are ready to go play. Your problem? You promised your best friend you would take pictures of every single thing that you do. However, you do not have a device that is charged. Have everything you are taking on your trip fully charged before you leave.
- And speaking of charging was, take your power strip with you. You likely will not find enough plugs to charge everything, especially if you are cruising as a family. And you do not want to spend your time fighting over who gets to charge what when.
- Put this on your before you leave to do list. You will want to know what immunizations you have to have. You will want to know everything you have to have as you are booking your trip. But some immunizations are only going to be good sixty days before you leave or something like that.
- Make sure to have your cruise tickets, your airline tickets, hotel reservations and anything like that all together in one place. It usually helps to have a folder where all of that stuff goes. You might want to take pictures of all of this on your smartphone as well.
I think that it was a couple of weeks ago that we talked about what clothes you need to bring on your next cruise. To sum that up, you should bring comfortable clothes that can easily mix and match, and don’t forget your underwear, and you should be good. But today are we are going to talk about some other things you need to bring on your cruise.
- The first thing you need to do is to make sure of all of the documentation you need to bring. Will you need a passport? Might you need a visa as well? You will want to bring any important papers you need in your carryon to make sure you have everything. You will also want to take pictures of everything on your smartphones.
- Okay, what medication are you on? You will want to bring that for sure. Yes, all ships are going to have infirmaries. But it is hard to tell which medicines they will actually have.
- Some people want to give everyone they know FOMO and tell everyone they know about their trip. Other people don’t want to tell anyone. It is good to let at least one person you know your travel plans. Some cruises are going to ask you for a number of a friend who is not going on the trip with you in case of emergencies