I think we are going to take a look at some random air news just to do something a little different.
- I know that this feels a little early. However, if you are going to need to book air or hotels or anything, you have about another month before you need to make your decisions and book your trips. Why? Because that is when you are going to get some of the best deals around. Booking early is usually your best bet when it comes to travel. There are also deals to be had when you book late. But then you are going to have to take whatever you can get instead of exactly what you want.
- Here think you are going to one place, but wind up going to a totally different place? One young Brazil nurse did that. She thought she was going to Denmark, but in her hurry to board, she got on the plane that was going to Greece. The article doesn’t say whether she’s going to Denmark or not.
- Sometimes even jobs at the airport can get routine. I bet this event shook things up a little. At an airport in Florida, one of the workers was struck with lightning. His fellow workers came around and helped him. He was in the hospital for two weeks, but his family is just glad he’s alive.
I think we are going to stop here for today . I would love to know any thoughts you have about any of this.
I have several different things going. So I am going to try to get this done so that I can get to some other work stuff.. I’m trying to figure out the best way to do everything and the right order. I’m someone who likes doing everything in a certain order and getting into a rhythm..
The fall is a wonderful time to go on a cruise. A lot of families are now heading back to schools and into their normal routines. You can usually find pretty good deals on cruises. Let’s look at some cruise news today.
- First, where are the places that people are loving cruising to these days? Actually it might not is the destinations themselves that may be the biggest draw. People like to be entertained while on their cruises, and cruiselines are doing their best to cater to those interests. Cruises these days are not only going to have a lot of your food covered, you’ll also get a lot of your entertainment, sports activities and the kids’ club privileges for no additional charge.
- And I know I’ve said this before, but the higher grade of cruise that you go on, the less you will have to pay for anything once you are on board. That is just the way it works in the cruise industry. When you go on the nicer cruises most everything is already paid for, and you don’t need to worry about money.
- Theme cruises are also big. There are cruises for foodies where you not only eat well, you can also learn to cook and learn more about wines as well. There are cruises that will be all about certain shows, or history, or art.
I would love to be able you plan your dream cruise. Please let me know.
Packing for a trip. You may love it. You may hate it. But in order to travel, you have to pack. Packing right can be even more important when you are flying. But coming from a family of eight, I know that there is only so much room in the ca. So let’s look at some packing tips today.
- You may be tempted to pack everything you have and then some. You will want to pack toothbrush and toothpaste for sure, for sure. But if you are going to a resort or on a cruise, they will sometimes have things like shampoo and body wash. You will want to check with your specific destination on that.
- As far as clothes, it is best to pick out whole outfits at a time so that you don’t with too many pants and not enough shirts. Are you going somewhere where you’ll want to dress up? Keep that in mind as well.
- You may want to look into packing cubes if you’re someone who tends to pack pretty heavily. You can fit a lot in these things. But if you’re flying, you’ll want to keep in mind that you’re limited in weight as well as size..
- Shoes can take up a lot of room. Try to take as few pairs as you can get away with. Have one pair that will be good for walking and another for nicer occasions.
- You will probably not want to take a lot of time to do your hair while on vacation. Pack your e reader instead of print books. If you think you might want something, but are not quite sure, it is usually best to say no.
I would love to know your thoughts about this.
Tuesday is the morning I meet with friends to have a bible study. I’m just getting a later start for today, and then had trouble figuring out what to write about.
In-laws… Even if we don’t have them because we aren’t married yet, we have siblings who are married or friends who are married.. I know sometimes in-laws get along great, others it’s best to keep them separated as much as possible. But like it or not, you are going to have to travel with them at some point. And traveling together can be difficult even when you love each other. Here are some tips that might help help everything go as smoothly as possible.
- You will want to figure out how they usually travel. Do they like doing things on the cheap, are they people who live for luxury, or are they somewhere in the middle?
- If you haven’t spent a lot of time with them yet, you might want to quiz your other half on quirks, forbidden subjects and things like that. You want to avoid stepping on toes if you can.
- And that works both ways. Try to get your spouse to tell his parents about you too? Are there things they need to know? You might be a morning person, but tend to enjoy being by yourself first thing. You may be uncomfortable when people stat telling certain kinds of jokes. Or maybe they aren’t really into anything green, but that is your passion.
- You will want to have some discussions about what this trip is going to be like before you are actually on the road together. Have a rough idea of your itinerary for the trip. Having plans already in place tends to lessen stress and hard feelings.
- And please discuss who will be paying for what on the trip. They may not want to pay for everything. Or they may feel bad if you don’t let them treat you. Again, your spouse may have insight into what the parents are really thinking or feeling.
- It is probably best not to spend the whole time together. Give yourself time to enjoy as a couple. You may also want to consider having the girls go shopping while the guys play golf or something like that.
Those are some of my thoughts. I would love to hear your own ideas, or any funny stories you might have.
I have several other things I would like to get to today, which guess is pretty typical for a Monday. So let me do this first to make sure that it does get done.
Last Saturday we started talking about bachelorette getaways. Let’s continue that discussion today.
- It is always a good idea to get to know any new destination you are going to go try out. And this is something that I would be more than happy to help you figure out if I’m helping you put this trip together. Figure out some rough ideas of what you might like to do while you are on your getaway. Again, you may want to check with the bride to get her input. With everyone together, you might want to have your bridal shower, especially if you’re planning on doing a more intimate shower.
- You’ll want to plan your events around what the bride and everyone else likes. If most everyone likes to sleep in, don’t really plan anything until afternoon. Is the bride going to be comfortable with going out for drinks? Are there traditions your group has, like maybe you watch a certain movie every time you get together? Or maybe you like cooking together. Think of those things and include them.
- Sometimes all we girls really want is to have time to talk and catch up. You may want to get some nice foods for everyone. If a lot of your guests are on a budget, this may be a great way to go.Or maybe your group is just especially close, and you don’t want all the distractions of somewhere you don’t know well. Still, you will at least want to plan a nice meal out or a shopping excursion.
- Alternatively, if most of you are established in your careers and have some extra cash, you may want to check out an exotic location. Is there somewhere your group has dreamed of going together? Again, you will want to discuss these options with the bride and find out what works best for her.
I think I am going to stop here. Please let me know your thoughts on this.
I’ve done something this morning that I’ve known some time needed to be done. I’ve redone my profile on this. Hopefully this explains how we can work together. I would love to know your thoughts about this. And planning this is usually the job of the Maid of Honor to make that clear.
- The first thing that you will want to do is to talk to the bride, and find out what she wants this getaway to be like. Yes, this is for everyone, but it is her special time. She’s been trying to balance work, planning her wedding, and everything else she needs to do. Having a vacation with the people she considers her closest friends will hopefully relax her before her big day. She is going to have contact information for everyone she wants to have at this gathering.
- Find out how much of the actual planning she wants to do. Some brides know exactly what they want and want to make sure everything is exactly how they want it. Others need someone else to handle all of the details.
- Decide on the dates that will work best for everyone. If everyone is relatively close by, you might want to do this pretty close to to the time of the actual wedding. If people are spread out farther, you might want to have it farther out so that everyone is not worn out from traveling right before the wedding.
- Planning these events can take some time. Decide if you want to do all of the work yourself, or if you want some help doing this. You can get other friends to help put everything together. Or you can have your friendly travel agent help you.
I think I am going to get back into this on Monday. I would love to know any thoughts or questions you might have about any of this.
I’m usually talking about taking vacations here. [Since I’m a travel agent, that’s pretty much expected.] I believe in work\life balance. I believe it is good and right to work, to find a job we love and pour ourselves into it, but making sure we make time for our family and friends. And of course, I believe in taking vacations when we need to.. If it is time to start planning your next vacation, I would love to be the one to help you through that process.
For those looking to take a romantic getaway, a Couples’ Resort might be the ideal spot. Today we are going to take a to look at some reasons why that is.
- First, all inclusive tends to be a word that is used a lot when we talk about vacations, but each travel vendor defines exactly what that means with their company. With Couples’, you are going to probably going to get everything you’ll want at the up front price. You are going to get all of your meals covered any time that you want to eat, day or night. You’ll get to take part in their nightly entertainment at no charge. You’ll also get free golf, I do not see many places that say that. You’ll also get to participate in off-site trips.
- You will also have access to a “romance conceirge” who will help you line up everything that you will want to do on your vacation.
- Let’s look some at their accommodations. It looks like a lot of their suites are actually little bungalows which give you a lot of privacy. These are quiet retreats which will give the perfect place to relax with the one you love. Itlooks like a lot of these units will not have tvs.
- Okay, I said earlier that all your meals are included, but what kind of food experience ? It looks like you can choose from a little bit of everything. There is a grill which will be opened 24/7. They have a place where you can get sandwich. They also have a nice breakfast place. hey have a nice Asian restaurant they also have several nice places for you to do dinners.
- But maybe you have gone and explored all day, and all you really want to do is relax in your rooms. They will accommodate you. They will also serve you breakfast in bed. Looking to rekindle those sparks? Try having dinner in the moonlight here you will enjoy a nice three-course dinner, complete with wine.
I would love to help you book a vacation at one of these resorts. Please let me know if you are interested.
I have several things I am going to try to get done. I still have a lot of e-mail that I need to go through after being gone for three weeks. I think I have another article I am about ready to send out. And I just have a lot of other ideas. So I am going to write about something fairly familiar.
First, let’s go through some of why it is wise to use a travel agent.. I personally do not charge anything over and above what I will make from commissions from your hotel and whatever other vendors we may use to book your dream trips. I’ll be honest, I have not done much booking myself yet , but I’m part of a large host agency. And if something does not go right on the trips hotels and other vendors usually listen better to travel agents who can either send a lot of business their way or avoid them like the plague.
My hope is that when you book one trip through me, you’ll find out how easy and convenient it is to book through me and will want to book all your trips through me. So it truly helps when I can learn as much about you and your family as I can. What kind of hotels do you like to stay in? Do you like the idea of an all inclusive vacation, where a lot of your meals and other activities are covered? Do you want to rough it on your trip, or do you like luxury? These are just a few of the questions I will be asking when you start working with me.
But I know that all good relationships are not one sided. It help when you get to know me as well. I love this job. I have a lot of hopes and dreams for this business. And mainly they revolve around helping families reconnect through travel. Families are so busy these days with all of their activities that they make little time for each other. Vacations take us out of our busy lives and help us reconnect with the ones we love most.
Could your family really use a vacation? Or do you know of another family that might? Please let me know.
You can’t imagine how good it feels to be back to work after being gone for a little more than three weeks. Part of my “vacation”, if you want to call it that wasn’t much fun at all , my communication device had to be sent off to be worked on. I had to wait about a week to get my loaner. In the grand scheme of things I know a week isn’t maybe, but it felt like a long time. When I had gotten the loaner, I had two days where I had internet before I was going out of town. I had problems figuring out the e-mail I had connected to this. I couldn’t figure out the password and was getting pretty frustrated with all of that, and then I tried a different way to get in. I should have tried that in the first place, but anyway. Live and learn.. And I guess I said a lot of this in yesterday’s post, but I’m so glad to have everything working again.
If unlike me, you haven’t taken any time completely away from work, there’s still time. Labor Day is still a little over a month away. And for us who e in the South, it should still be pretty warm until the middle of October. Vacationing when most other people have already had their break is nice, especially for those who who hate crowds. In fact, many hotels are going to give you better deals so that they will have some money coming in during this slower time. Let’s look at some of these deals.
- The first deal that we are going to look at today is in Atlanta, which is near where I’m from and I have several siblings in that area as well. There is a really nice hotel in the Buckhead area called the St Regis Atlanta. Here you will find butler service available. This hotel has a great pool and a spa.
- Next we are going to take a look at something in the city of brotherly love. The Logan Square sounds like an excellent place to explore. Here you will find several nice restaurants as well as a nice place to picnic. They also have some nice museums in this area. Hilton has a nice hotel called simply The Logan Hotel. You will be able to collect points from this hotel.
Please let me know if I can help you book any trips. I would love to help someone book a trip any time..
My communication device, which is also my computer, had to be sent off to get work done three weeks ago, I was given a loaner a week later. And two days after that we left for camp.. I was planning to take the time I was away at camp off anyway..
Getting my loaner device up and running has taken longer than I would have like.. I couldn’t remember my password for this, but also couldn’t remember my password for the e-mail I use for this. It’s been kind of crazy, but I’m back and feeling a lot better about everything.
I know I’m always saying we need to take more time off. I don’t do much of that myself though. I truly enjoy what I do, and get pretty bored if I’m not working unless we have family or friends around.. I should be back to my normal postings tomorrow