Taking a trip, getting away from your day to day routine, is usually pretty nice. Everybody needs breaks from time to time. But getting away to the Caribbean can be just what the doctor ordered. Today let’s take a look at some reasons why.
- If you are looking for an all-inclusive resort, the Caribbean is definitely a place that you will want to consider. There are just so many of that these resorts here. Are you looking for kid friendly? They have that. Are you looking for a place to reignite the romance? They’ll have a wide variety of resorts that will meet those needs as well. Going to an all-inclusive means that you will pay one price and then be able to enjoy everything without spending extra.
- There is also a lot of luxury to be had here. The resorts are just one option that you will have. There are also some beautiful villas whether there are two or twenty of you going. And the Caribbean is always a beautiful place in general.
- Another reason to visit the Caribbean? Winters are never too cold, and summers are never too cold. Temperatures are always between sixty and eighty degrees. And it is usually great weather to play outdoors.
- The water is beautiful down there, and absolutely fantastic to swim in. These are some of the clearest waters you will ever see. And that is especially true in places like Turks and Caicos, and Grand Cayman.
- Since the waters are so clear, this makes a great place to snorkel. You will be able to see all kinds of tropical fish, and you will also get to watch my favorite animal which is the dolphin.
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
One thing that keeps people from using travel agents is that they think travel agents are going to make their trips more expensive. In actuality, travel agents can save you money. Today let’s look at some ways how.
- I know I am always saying this, but travel agents make money when we book hotels, car rentals, cruises, theme parks, etc. A lot of us do not charge anything over and above that.
- The big thing travel agents save you is time. Planning a trip takes a lot of time. With me, all that you will need is to e-mail me back and forth several times so that I can figure out exactly what you want. I will take care of the rest.
- We travel agents will also help you figure out the details for your trip. Are you going to want travel insurance? Will you need to take medical precautions for where you are going? What is is the best way to get there? What kinds of things will you do once you are there? A travel agent is going to be able to help you with all of these details.
- No one knows everything about a certain destination. Isn’t that one of the reasons we travel? But knowing about travel is a travel agent’s job. We also know other travel agents who can help walk us through everything.
- We will also know the best times for you to travel. We will help you through every step of this process to make sure that your trip is the best that it can be.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this.
Unless something happens that I do not know about, I will not be online the rest of the week.
We seem to be getting out of this recession of ours, but who isn’t interested in saving money? I mean, everyone has bills to pay, things they’re saving money for, and things like that. And besides, who wants to spend more money than they have to.
- I feel like I’ve said this on this blog a couple of times lately, but traveling during the off season is going to save you a lot of money. Hotels, and other travel vendors, enjoy making money when things get slow just like anyone else. Not only are you likely to get good deals, you will also probably get better service than when everyone is rushing around because the hotel is full.
- A lot of cities have free events. It could be a movie under the stars. Or it might be a free tasting party. You will be able to find about the free events online. And this is usually a great way to meet the locals.
- When you can, it is better to book the different components of your trip together. I mean, book your air, your hotel, and your car rental all together. A lot of these travel websites like Expedia and Priceline make that easy.
- And remember that you can travel other ways than by car or by air. Trains and buses can also take people from here to there. And these are often less expensive.
Let’s get back to our discussion about cruises.
- On cruises, the first thing you are going to have to pay is your deposit, and that is usually due soon after you make your reservations. If you book through me, I can help you keep up with when your payments are due. If you do not keep up with your payments, you might get kicked off your cruise. Sometimes you will have to pay your full fare before you board. Other times you will not. I can help you figure that out too. If you pay before your cruise, the only thing you’ll have to worry about after your cruise is what you will spend on the ship itself.
- Now there are several types of people who may qualify for a discount on a cruise. Among them are firefighters, military personnel [and that includes former military], and educators. You might want to let me know what you and your spouse do up front so I can let you know about any discounts.
Now let’s look at some other ways you can save.
- Booking early is probably going to be your best bet.. This is going to be the way you are going to get exactly what you want. You might also be able to save thousand on your cruise this way.
- Some cruises are also going to offer last minute deals. This is getting rare because most cruises sell out. Some cruiselines have decided that it is unfair to discount because of when you book.
- If you are able to vacation at odd times, do that. Most cruises offer discounts during the off season.
- Cruiselines are like most other businesses, they love repeat customers. A lot of the cruiselines have loyalty programs where you can get discounts and other goodies.
- Travel agents can also get you good deals if you want to do a pre or post packages. We can combine air, hotel, car packages. Please let me know if you are interested.
I have lots I want to do. I’ll be honest, being sick has made me fall behind on even the basic things I do each day. We will see how much I can do today. I’m not looking forward to not having internet at the end of the week, but we will see how everything goes. Today let’s look at cruises.
If this is your first cruise, you are likely going to have a lot of questions. Your first step is going to be deciding on a cruise and booking it. I would love to help you figure all this out. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can get started. I can help walk you through all the questions you might
- How would you go about booking a cruise? First, you can do it yourself, but I wouldn’t really recommend it, especially if this is your very first cruise. Cruises tend to have a lot of hidden fees you might not count on. Booking yourself also means you might book a cruise thinking that it will be one thing, and then it turns out to be something completely different.
- As a travel agent, I can help guide you through questions to help figure out what you want. I will also be able to tell you how much you will be charged. Cruise companies pay me to book cruises. I do not charge you anything over and above that. I can help you do all the necessary research.
- Okay, so what does a cruise fare cover? That varies considerably. You will always get your room on the ship, and of course, the right to be on the ship. Most ships are going to give you your meals as part of your fare. Drinks are something you may be charged more for. You may be charged to go to the specialty restaurants. Entertainment is usually free once you are on board.. The best rule of thumb is, the more you pay up front, the less you’ll pay on board.
It’s been a crazy week, and I think I am going to be off some later next week. We will see how everything works out. Today let’s have a little fun.
- Outside of Paris, there is this cottage that is made out of chocolate. They have books made out of chocolate, as well as a dresser, a clock, a fireplace [wonder how that works] are also all made of chocolate. You can not eat anything or mess anything up. Not certain what the point of this place is. Sorry.
- California has passed a law that restaurants can not give you straws unless you ask for them. Straws can be dangerous for children, I understand that. Straws can be dangerous for animals too.
We’ll get back to more normal stuff Monday.
We are going to get back to our discussion on winter destinations.
- I am going through an article written by someone else, so I know this first one for today may sound a little strange, trust me, it sounds weird to me as well. But the destination is Anchorage, Alaska. Alaska is cold and dark a lot of the year. And while this is especially true in winter, this is a great time to see Northern Lights. You may also want to see the famous dog sledding race.
- You may want to visit San Juan, Puerto Rico, which doesn’t sound nearly as weird to me. There are a lot of festivals in the San Juan area during the winter months. You will not find a deserted island, but you will find reasonable accommodations and some fantastic weather.
- Houston, Texas is huge, but then again isn’t everything in Texas? This is an up and coming vacation spot. They have some historic sites. You will also find some interesting museums in this city.
- Looking for a city that has a lot to do? Try San Diego. They have great beaches. They have a fantastic zoo. There is a lot of great night life. You might also want to get a glimpse of Mexico from here.
- Want to experience some Southern charm? Go to Savannah, Georgia. You will avoid some of the crowds if you go in the winter. But there will be some nice festivals for you to take part in.
Let’s get back to looking at some more winter destinations you might be interested in trying. Are you thinking about planning a vacation? I would love to help you book it. Please let me know if you are interested. The best way were to reach me is by e-mail, and that is email@example.com. I also have a Facebook group and that ishttps://www.facebook.com/groups/TravelforMompreneurs/.
- Do you like snow and art? Okay, so that might be a strange combination. But you might want to try Park City, Utah. Here you will find some interesting art galleries. There will be several places to play in the snow, no matter your age or stage. There will also be concerts to enjoy.
- This might not be such a strange combination, but are you interested in wellness and golf? Or maybe you are interested in wellness and your husband is into golf, although it might be the other way around? Consider going to Scottsdale, Arizona. This place has some excellent resorts you might enjoy.
- Are you absolutely obsessed with Christmas? Plan a trip to Austn, Texas between December 13th until Christmas Eve. You will love their Christmas Bazaar. You will find lots of live music, several of the city’s bars are involved, and you will always have the chance to shop.
- You might think of Hawaii as a summer destination, but it isn’t. The islands have beautiful weather all year round. And Mid December is when whale watching season begins.
- Have you always dreamed of Yellowstone, but aren’t sure when to go? Going in winter is going to cut down on the crowds, except for your fellow outdoor enthusiasts. This is the perfect time to enjoy your favorite outdoor sports at this park.
- Orlando, Florida is known as the theme park capitol. And although Christmas time might be nearly as bad as summer, other times are going to be slower. Go and check out all those rides.
It has been something of a strange day, but I’m working now, so let me do this before I really start on other projects.
Those of us who are in the south may not believe it, but autumn and winter are truly on their way. Let’s look at some places you might want to go.
- It is definitely not too early to start planning a trip so that you can experience in New Orleans. I mean, you have to go and experience this at least once in your life. You are going to find that a lot of rooms are already booked, but some will not be.
- Have you figured out what you are going to be doing for New Year’s this coming year? I hear that Vegas is a great place to ring in the new year. Of course, when isn’t it a great time to party in this city?
- Of course, the place to be on New Year’s is New York City. Then again, any time during the holidays is a great time to visit the big city. There is so much to do in this place. You have great shopping. You have world-class plays. You also likely have snow.
- If you like snow, even if it is only to look at, you will want to try to get to Breckenridge, Colorado. This place has something for everyone, whether or not you like playing in the snow. It has some great boutique shopping. And it is home to several nice resorts.
- Are you more interested in going somewhere warm this winter? Try Miami. For sure you will find a lot of great night life here. There are beautiful beaches you can enjoy any time of the year.