The birthday season is upon us. Do you know what you are doing, where you are going for the holidays? Today let’s start looking at some places you might want to go this time of year.
- Have you ever been to France for Christmas? You might want to try Monaco, France to celebrate the holidays. They have a hotel there called Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo. It looks like this is the place for you if you love chocolate, because they will have a lot to indulge your tastes. They also have some fun activities for kids.
- Is having a white Christmas one of your top priorities? Consider going to the Bavarian Alps in Germany. Schloss Elmau is one of the country’s top resorts, and they have some special things planned for Christmas. On the big day, enjoy live piano music. Later that evening, try some of their cocktails.
- If you are tired of our traditions, go to Peru and experience some of. You will want to go to the Country Club Lima, Peru. You will get to enjoy their tea which features some great pastries. Not a tea person? Try some of their delicious hot chocolate.
- Are you looking for a place a little closer to home? A lot of people absolutely love going to New York City the during the holiday season. Kimpton Muse Hotel is one of the hotels that is offering a special for the season. With the “Picture Perfect Holiday Offer”, you are going to get a shopping experience at Bloomingdale’s where you will have a shopping appointment and receive a gift. You will have a photographer to capture your special moments.
- Are you looking to celebrate with all the fun Christmas traditions? To do this, you will want to go to Dallas. Here you will find a nice replica of the North Pole. Go to school with the elves.. Make slime with the Grinch. You can even get close to the animals in the live nativity.
Have your friends tried to talk you into a cruise, but you just aren’t sure you would like it? Here are some reasons you might want to consider going.
- First, there are a lot of ports within the United States, enough so that most people are within driving distance of a port. I’ve talked to some people that are afraid, or strongly dislike, flying. Cruising enables you to get to places you would not be able to get to driving.
- Maybe you just want sometime away from the drudgery of cooking and cleaning for a while? On a cruise, all your meals are taken care of. You will have access to all kinds of restaurants, some which will be opened 24/7. And like most hotels, your room will be cleaned each day.
- And since everything you need comes on board the ship, these vacations are some of the easiest to plan. You will not need to worry about your vacation. You will not need to figure out where you are staying. You will also not need to worry about how you are going to get from here to there.
- On the higher end cruises, room service is going to come at no extra charge. Want a midnight snack of pizza or milk and cookies? They’ll be happy to oblige. Do you want to avoid the breakfast rush? It will be their pleasure.
- Most cruises allow you to do whatever you want whenever you feel like it. Do you want to take advantage of all the activities they have to offer? You’re more than welcome to. Do you want to do nothing except sit by the pool? That is up to you too.
Have you ever thought about cruising, but just were not sure if it was right for you? Today we are going to look at some reasons that you might want to consider a cruise.
- One thing that is nice about a cruise is that this is a great way to kind of sample different destinations. Maybe you want to go to the Caribbean, but don’t know which island you’d like best. Taking a cruise will allow you to spend a day at each of several different islands.
- And that means that even though you are going to several different destinations, you will be enjoying the same accommodations of your trip. This is nice for those who like to put their clothes away. It also means that you will not have to worry about the quality of your trip.
- Going on a cruise may enable you to get into other countries without a passport. Always check your cruise’s guidelines to figure out which papers you will need. But not needing a passport will save you time and money.
Fighting the winter blues? Tired of the cold and the snow? Ready for some beach time? If this sounds like you, it may time to look into a cruise. And I would be more than happy to help you plan that cruise. Please let me know if you are interested.
- Yesterday we were talking about why you might want to take your children. But what if you want to get away from your children? Or maybe it isn’t your children, you want some adult time. A cruise in winter would be wonderful for you because most children are in school.
- Cruises have improved their entertainment over the years.. Many now have Broadway type shows for you to enjoy. Not interested in shows? You will also find a lot of clubs on board. Or maybe you want to dance the night away.
- Do you think you might get bored on a cruise? Think again. There will be things like rock climbing, and other sports you can play. Many ships now have water parks whom many families love. There are spas for when you want to relax. You will also have the opportunity to take classes if you are interested. And there are always the pools. Pools in winter, you say?
- Cruises can take you anywhere you want to go, including places that are warm. Taking a cruise to the Caribbean is one of the most options out there. You might also want to go to South America or Hawaii.
I know some people absolutely love winter. But it can get old when you need to be inside all the time, doing the same things day after day. Today let’s look at some reasons you might want to take a cruise this winter.
- One thing many people love about cruises is that pretty much all cruises are all inclusive. And that means that you are going to get your room on board, your food and drinks, and a lot of your entertainment for one price. Pay up front, and you will not have to worry about money while you are on the ship.
- Cruises can be cheap or expensive, depending on what you want. However, one thing that you will want to keep in mind is that the cheaper the cruise, the more likely they are to nickel and dime you once you are on board. Your best bet is to go with a midgrade cruise.
- A lot of cruises are going to have children’s programs, a lot of which have very flexible hours. Do you and your husband want to do dinner and a show without the children? That can be arranged. Or maybe your children are a little older and you want to send them to the program first thing in the morning? You are free to choose when your children go to the program and when you want to enjoy family time.
- Speaking of free, sometimes when parents cruise their children will sail free. And that can be a great money saver. This is a special cruises will offer from time to time.
Let’s get back to our discussion on how to plan the perfect girls’ geaway.
- Let’s be honest, some of us are meticulous planners. When it comes to vacations, we like to do our research and plan every second of our trip, making sure we have everything we could ever need others of us don’t want to really plan anything. We just want to let things happen however they will. You know you and your group better. You will know what will work best.
- It is inevitable that when a group of ladies gets together, one of the things that everyone wants to do is to sit around and talk. After all, part of the reason that you’re getting together is that you want to catch up. If you’re looking for a rental property, make sure you’re looking for a large room that has plenty of comfortable places to sit.
- However, you will want to plan a few activities. Go shopping. Take one evening to get dressed up and go out to eat. Maybe everyone wants to go see a play one evening.. Plan things that will give you a feel for your destination.
- And please let me know if my help planning a trip. I would be more than happy to help.
Between Now and the time the holiday season is over is just going to be a little crazy. I am going to do the best I can to keep up with work. But we will see what all happens.
In this day and age, people tend to move from town to town because of jobs, or getting married, or any number of other things. Do you have a group of girlfriends that you love getting together with? Here are some tips that will help you plan the trip that you will always remember.
- First, nothing will happen if you don’t make yourselves plan something, as in make yourselves set a date and put it on the calendar. Decide on something about a year out, and don’t let anything come up that will interfere with your trip. If something comes up like one of your group gets pregnant, or one of you has a sibling who is getting married, do your best to work around that.
- You know who your group is. Don’t let outsiders come in. The purpose of this trip is for your group to have a chance to to catch up. Outsiders will take away from this special group time.
- You’ll want to plan a trip that is five days long. Any shorter and you will feel like you didn’t get a chance to truly catch up. Any more and you may have a hard time getting your besties to commit. And realize that sometimes a few of you may have to come a day late or leave a day early.
- Budget is something you will want to discuss very early on in your planning process. Might someone want to host, having everyone else bring the food and everything else you may need? Or are you all business execs who want to start marking exotic destinations off your bucket lists? Do something that is going to work for everyone in your group.
rI think I have a couple of hours before our family festivities begin, so I am going to go on and do my stuff quickly. Whether you’re driving or flying,
- Keep hydrated. Drink plenty of water and juice. Soda and coffee are not going to help you stay hydrated. If you need to drink caffeine to stay awake, drink a cup of water with your coffee. There is no point in getting sick if you can help it.
- Are you driving a car, give it a once over before you leave on your trip. Make sure you are good on oil. Look at your tires to see that they will get where you want to go. Look under the hood to see if you see anything funny.
- You are going to be around your family, you don’t need to worry about what you wear. Throw some comfy clothes in a bag and go. Packing light is always a good idea.
- There are now apps that will show you where to get the cheap gas . Get one of those, and take the money and enjoy an evening out, or go Black Friday shopping.
Let’s look at some other tips that might help you during this busy travel season..
- Let’s start with something fun. There are a lot of fun movies where a family goes on a only to have everything go wrong. Steve Martin plays in one called “Trains, Planes, and Automobiles”. Watching movies like that may help you learn to laugh when glitches in your plans do come up. These may also give your family something to discuss while you’re on the road.
- A lot of people don’t seem to be catching on to this. But you can sign up for TSA Pre-Check. It will cost you roughly twenty dollars a year, and the pass basically allows you to skip security lines.
- Whether you are flying or driving, you are going to have some time of not doing much. Traveling time is a great time to catch up on some of your favorite podcasts. Do you like listening to things that make you think, or do you prefer funny stories? With all the podcasts out there, you’re sure to find something that suits your tastes.
- I think most people know that the night before Thanksgiving is one of the most popular times to order pizza. But did you also know that it is a very popular time to go bar hopping? Why, you may ask? Thanksgiving is one time most everyone goes home to visit their families. Wednesday night seems like a great time to see which of your high school friends made it back.
It’s Thanksgiving week. I’m pretty sure I am going to work today and tomorrow, and will have to see about Wednesday. But I am going to take the rest of the week off for sure. Today let’s look at some tips for Thanksgiving travel.
- First, bundle up. You will almost always save money when you book your air, hotel and car together. You could save up to $600, which could be used for all sorts of things, from more travel to getting some nice gifts for some of the people on your list.
- Most everyone wants to take full advantage of the long holiday weekend. No one wants to travel on the holiday itself or the Friday after. Traveling on those days will ensure that you miss a lot of the hustle and bustle. You may want to go Thursday and come home on Friday. Or maybe you want to relax and enjoy the celebration until the following Monday, Tuesday is actually the worst day to fly on either end of the Thanksgiving holiday..
- Who wants to be sick on Thanksgiving with all that good food around? Wash your hands as often as you can. This is especially true if you are flying and around a lot of strangers. You will also want to be sure to take your vitamins. Drinking lots of water will also help.