I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving break. I know I did. And today I need a meeting about my new communication device. Best case scenario, I should have my new communication device in a month or so.
Today let’s look at Sandals’ love nests. These are perfect whether you want to get married at the resort, have your honeymoon there, or just feel the need for some alone with the one you love.
- Your living room is going to be nicely decorated. You will also have nice ceiling fans that will ensure your temperature suits your preferences. A nice bar is included which comes with adult beverages, juices and sodas.
- There will be a king sized bed in the bedroom. They have a nice pillow menu you can choose from. And they’ll provide you with robes and slippers.
- Bathrooms have whirlpool tubs with separate shower. You will have a double vanity.
- And then there are the butlers. These are highly trained professionals who will see to your every need. Want a romantic dinner under the stars? They can arrange everything for you.
To me, the best place to spend Thanksgiving is wherever my family, and possibly friends, will be gathering. But some people decide to do something away from family for whatever reason. Or maybe your whole family wants to try something different. They’re tired of staying in cramped quarters and having to do all the cooking and cleaning themselves. Let’s look at some places you might want to try next year.
- Looking for something pretty traditional? You might want to try Montage Deer Valley which is in Park City, Utah. Here you will be able to learn the skills of archery. You will also be able to take part in a turkey shoot. You will also be enjoying the start of the Christmas season with cookie decorating classes and holiday mug decorating. There will also be a Christmas tree lighting the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
- If you just love cranberries, you might want to try a resort in Madison, Wisconsin. The people of Wisconsin love cranberries. The resort I’m talking about is called The Edgewater, which sounds pretty fancy. You will having a Thanksgiving brunch with lots of Wisconsin specials. And on the day after Thanksgiving, you will be visited by Santa himself.
I’m not going to work the rest of the week. Really feeling the need for a break. Let me know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
A lot of people will be traveling this Thanksgiving weekend. Some are going to be gathering with family and friends. Others are choosing to celebrate this Thanksgiving at some exotic location.. Today let’s look at some tips that might help you.
- This is true most any time you are traveling, but you will want to be sure to plan ahead. Obviously we’re two days away Turkey Day, so it’s a little late to do anything about this now. But in future years you will want to start looking at airfare or bus tickets in early fall.
- Okay, let’s be honest here, how many clothes do you really need to be hanging out with family? More and more airlines are starting to charge for checked bags, so you will want to take as as possible. And besides, maybe you will find some great deals on Black Friday.
- Be wise when you travel.. People often want to get to their destination the night before Thanksgiving and then not leave until Sunday. How can you work around that? Can you leave earlier Wednesday and maybe come home sometime Sunday? could you take that Monday off as well? Or maybe you will want to leave that Friday. Try to figure out what would work best for your family.
- If you are traveling by road, do not forget your Smartphones. They can help you plan alternative routes when the need arises.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
I’m pretty sure I am going to take Thursday and Friday off this coming week. And the following week I am going to take Thursday through Saturday off as well. I have a lot going on, but at the same time, I do not remember taking a break because I wanted to instead of taking days off because this communication device wasn’t working. And since I’m usually pretty stress when this breaks down, I don’t consider that the same thing.
And I do have something of a confession to make. Things have changed, and for right now I have little to do except church on Sundays. I haven’t been working, but have been on me computer, doing personal e-mail and things like that.. This Saturday, I knew I needed a real change of pace on Sunday. I did do things besides being on the computer yesterday, and am just feeling a lot better today.
So we started on this, “Let’s talk work\life balance“, topic on Saturday. Let’s continue that today.
- Remember that no one can do everything. You have to make choices about which things are important to. If you love to cook but hate to clean, find someone that will help you clean Or are there things in your business you could pay someone else to do, or trade services? Think of ways you can cut corners.
- Make it a point to schedule downtime. If you don’t make yourself do, it will not happen. A lot of couples try to take one evening a week to do a date night. In today’s busy society, you might want to schedule time with your kids as well. Make time for the ones you love most. And make time to just relax too. It might take several months, but you will gradually get a feel for what works best for your family.
- And don’t just block out time for your family, and then cancel that if something comes up with work. Make time with your family important. Jobs come and go, but hopefully your family will be with you for the rest of your life. Make them high priority, and they’ll thank you.
- And be careful about the time wasters. A lot of people enjoy watching tv or playing video games when they don’t feel like working anymore. Some downtime is always nice, but if you are choosing that over your children, that isn’t wise.
I would love to know your thought about any of this. Please let me know.
Like I said in Why I do what I do, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about my business and the kind of people that I want to reach. And the main group of people that I want to reach out to and get as clients is mothers who are running their own businesses. And since I own my own business, I at least have an idea of what that is like. Owning a business means you often are doing everything for that business yourself, and you most always run out of time and energy way before the projects run out.And I can only imagine being a Mom too. Whether you’re just getting started raising your family and are dealing with dirty diapers and bottles, or are dealing with teenagers and their antics, you have a lot of different things calling to you. So today let’s do something a little different and talk about work\life balance.
- Everyone is different. What works for one person will not work for someone else. And you may have to try different things until you find the best thing for you. I’m part of several Moms’ groups on Facebook. Some people like getting up way early to work before the other people in their house are up. Other women stay up and work after putting their children to bed.
- A lot of women are working from home in order to avoid childcare costs. But that is not the only reason to work from home. Some women just want to be their own boss. There are some great daycares out there. There are also people willing to be a nanny for your children. You just need to figure out what works best for you.
- Stay organized. Find a way to get you and your family’s schedule in one place, whether that’s a big calendar on a wall or something you keep electronically, have something that can keep you on track. Have your kids help you with chores. Again, you will be able able to figure out what works best for you and your family.
I think I am going to stop here and get back to this Monday. In the meantime, I would love to know your thoughts.
Sometimes you just need to get back to the basics. That is true for individuals and families. And that is also true for families.. I’ve mentioned that I’m doing some training on Facebook, and going through that has made my think about why I do what I do.
Family has always been important to me. I’ve always been one to get excited when I knew we were about to visit our extended family, or anyone we don’t get to see every day. I miss having siblings around to do things with.
But it’s more than just me loving my owns family. I’ve always been interested in families in general. I believe in traditional marriage, and so many families are breaking up these days that it’s heartbreaking.
Everyone is busy these days. A lot of families have both parents working. Some families have to do that in order to make ends meet. Other couples ave both parents working because they want to. They dreams outside their home, and to be clear, I’m not saying that there is anything wrong with working outside the home. And then our children are busy as well. They’re in school, and then they’re also in sports or are involve d in the arts.
So with everyone in the family busy, when when do they actually spend time together? Do everyone sit down for a meal together at Least once or twice a week? Are you part of each other’s lives, or are we too busy doing our own thing?
Going on vacations helps us get us out of our day to day busy schedules and makes us spend time together. Vacations also help us make good memories.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this. I would also love to hear any questions you might have.
When a family goes on vacation, they’re usually hoping for the perfect trip. They’ve hoping that everyone gets along. They don’t want anyone to get sick or injured. And they certainly don’t want to face a major catastrophe during their travels. And trust me, we travel agents want you to have a great time too. We want to give you every reason in the world to trust us to help you plan your trips. And part of why booking through a travel agent is such a good idea is that we can help you through a lot of hard things.. If you get to your hotel and find that everything does not meet your satisfaction, call your travel agent and we’ll help you get everything you need… But unfortunately, emergencies do happen when you are on vacations. And today we are going to look at some things you should do.
- First, please e-mail me and let me know exactly what is going on. I have resources through my host agency and things like that which should be able to help you.
- You never know when an emergency is going to crop up. It is always a good idea to get travel insurance. A lot of people seem to laugh that off, but having that insurance could save you a lot of money in the end.
- Doing research on your trip is always important. But a few days before you are to leave, please checking the weather. I will do the same on my end. If there is a major storm coming to your destination, we may have to start discussing other options.
- And of course, when you’re on a trip of any kind, it is always a good idea to be prepared. Take a cheap cell phone, or bring your computer and know where you can get internet if you need to. Know where you can get someone that speaks both English and the native language of the people you are visiting.
I would love to know your thoughts. Does anyone have any trip disaster stories they would like to share? I would love to hear them.
My days seem to be rather full with things besides work,, and I’m not sure when that might change. But I’m working when I can.. And actually I’m learning more about how to use Facebook for business this week, I think this is going to help me a good bit. And one thing that would help me is if you would follow me on my business Facebook page, and that is https://www.facebook.com/sarah.coiner.184
One thing I’m always hearing is that those that are business for themselves have to specialize. If you try to reach everyone, you are going to end up reaching no one. And it is very clear to me that I want to work with families, and my hope is to work with women entrepreneurs. But unfortunately, I’m not reaching those people yet… But the people I’m talking to about Facebook and my business challenges is that I need to put an offer together. I’m still not quite sure how to do that exactly. Each family has different needs and desires when it comes to their vacation.
Okay, enough pondering about my business, let’s look at some family friendly resorts.
- There is a resort in Boothbay Harbor, Maine, and it is called Spruce Point Inn. If your family enjoys the nautical side of life, they will love this place. They have a lot of boat you can explore. They will also have different fun things your children can do.
- Looking for a beach getaway that is perfect for young families? Try Madison Beach Hotel, which is in Madison, Connecticut. This is a perfect place to introduce infants and toddlers to the ocean because of the gentle tide. This resort only has 32 rooms so this should be a pretty quiet place. And their restaurant tries to cater to families.
- Doral Arrowwood Resort is located forty minutes outside the Big Apple. They have a golf course and tennis courts for those that like to keep active. Your children will love the cupcake decorating contest. Families will also have fun dancing the night away to 80’s music.
Let’s stop here so I can get to some other things. I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
London is the city where Buckingham Palace is. It’s also where a lot of Shakespeare’s plays were first performed. Today let’s look at some things you might want to do if you were to go to London. You will want to try to book all of your tours before you actually go to the city.
- Hyde park is the most famous park in London, and you will want to visit. This is where a lot of demonstrations have taken place, including the suffragettes. Didn’t we hear about this park in Mary Poppins? Anyway, people are still holding debates to this day.
- Westminister is London’s political hub . Here is where you will find parliament. This is also where a lot of famous people are buried.
- Looking to spend sometime shopping? Check out Camden Market. You will find all kinds of trinkets as well as some excellent bakeries here.
- Not sure what to do with your evenings? Try Shoreditch, which will have a lot of nice restaurants and clubs. This is where all the people hang out.
Yesterday we were talking about how right now might be a great time to visit Europe. Today let’s get a little more specific. Sandals has an amazing resort in Antigua. Let’s look at some of what you will experience there.
When you stay here, you will be surrounded by luxury. They will lots nice suites you will be able to choose from. Each will have a spacious bedroom with a king sized bed and a nice tv. Your living room will have another tv if you can’t decide what to watch. Bathrooms should have a nice tub with separate shower.
When it comes to food, you will be choosing from eleven different restaurants. And in the Mediterranean, I doubt that you will be disappointed in anything that you try… Butler service is available for those that would be interested in that.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this, or any questions you might have.