We’re talking tips on how women should keep safe when they are traveling on their own. We started this discussion yesterday and are going to continue it today. So let’s get started.
- You may want to consider checking with the consolate once you get to where you are going. It just helps for them to know you are there in case there are any emergencies where you are visiting, or if anything should happen and they should need to contact your family for any reason.
- Making sure you have access to a cell phone is always a good idea. You will want to check with your service provider to see what is available. An alternative would be to go to buy one of those cheap flip phones. Have a phone with you at all times.
- Having cash on you is pretty much a must when you are traveling out of the country. So as a woman traveling alone, you will want to have a money belt. Or, keep your money somewhere like on your body. For example, my Mom carries her money in her bra. And if you find yourself needing to go to an ATM, please do so in broad daylight.
We’re keeping my little nephew, and I know that this makes a lot of extra work for Mom. And she has asked me a time or two if having him makes me think of the times when we had all of my siblings home. I guess that in a way it does. But in a lot of ways it is different too.
I had not turned two when my first sister came. But I was nine and she was seven when our next brother came. We were thrilled that Mom was having a baby. Most of our church friends had bigger families, at least four children, and several families we knew had their own four and then were starting to adopt. I loved becoming more and more like other families.
My sister that was next to me was a big help to Mom. And Mom would teach the little ones to do little chores around the house, things like putting the silverware away from the time they were very young. I’m guessing that they were around two.
My sister and I were In public school for a couple of years after the other children started coming along. And we were in school at home for about two years before Mom started doing school with them. Eventually my sister and I would do most of our schoolwork together.
I think the littler kids played outside a lot more than I did. I loved to read even then. But I would sometimes go watch everyone play. Or my sister would take me on walks. When my parents went out to evening meetings or on dates, that was the time we would get to watch movies. Usually we’d watch some cartoons and then something we older kids liked better.
Women are getting out and doing more and more traveling on their own. While it is true that a lot of women are waiting until later in life to get married and start them families, other women are finding the freedom to take breaks from the families they love in order to pursue travel. Let’s take a look at some precautions that we, as women, may want to take into consideration..
- It is always wise to learn about any destination you’re thinking about traveling to. Learn about its history and culture. In some countries, it is looked down on for women to leave their homes without their husbands. You will also want to learn about their food so that you will know what to expect.
- Part of your research should probably be to join some discussion boards, and talk to other women travelers, and talk to them about the places you may want to go. Ask them about what they liked and didn’t like. Ask them about the places they felt especially unsafe?. Ask them about favorite places.
- Since you’re going to be traveling on your own, it might be wise to pack as lightly as you can. You are not going to have anyone to help you to carry anything. You will also probably not want to carry around expensive bags or phones or anything like that. Doing this will help protect you from pickpockets. If you want to bring something like a laptop, you’ll probably do best to leave it in your hotel room.
Cruises are doing a lot to cater to families. And when cruise people think of a room, they’re thinking that there will be at least two people sharing that cruise. But what if you haven’t met your life partner yet?
Some cruises are going to charge you double for your room. And while some cruises have reasoned how silly that is, others haven’t. Today we are going to look at some different ways to work around this.
- Some cruiselines have rooms that are specifically for singles. Sure, these rooms may be significantly smaller, but you’ll probably just be in there to sleep and get ready. These rooms also offer added protection. I know that Norwegian is one of these. Royal Caribbean is another one you might want to look into.
- Some cruiselines allow you to share a cabin with another single person of the same sex, they aren’t trying to set you up or anything. You will be asked some questions that will help them find a good roommate for you.
Have you ever been to St. Tropez? This is an up and coming destination in the French Riviera. And apparently, this is one of the places that some rich and famous people have taken a liking to. I’m not saying that if you go here, you are for sure going to see a star, but you might just get lucky. St. Tropez is also a great place for those of us regular folk who just like fun in the sun vacations. Here are some things you might want to do when you get there.
- You might want to take some hikes. This place is on the Mediterranean Sea, and I can tell you from personal experience that this is a beautiful body of water. You will enjoy looking at it from different angles. You might also enjoy looking at some of their homes and other buildings.
- You are going to find different spots along the way where you can cool off in the water. But this is not something only tourists do, locals do this as well. You might meet some of them if you time it right..
- There is beautiful beach everywhere you look. If you like to swim with a lot of a lot of other people, this is the place that you will want to be.. But how do I say this? You might want to be careful which beaches you choose are. Their standard of swimwear is different than ours.
- This is in the south part of France. Once you get to a town, you are going to find lots of places to eat. You are going to find anything you want, from savory to sweet. Be sure to try a crepe for me, and I’m sure they will have great bread anywhere you go.
Today we are going to look at some tips that will hopefully save you some money when it comes to buying your airline tickets.
- The first thing you need to do is to figure out how much you want to pay for your ticket. Are you willing to pay a little more so that you will be more comfortable? You will know what works best for you and your family, if they are going with you on your trip.
- Here is a tip you might not have thought of. it might be nice to have your research on your browser’s history, but if you were to go incognito you might find even better deals. Incognito windows will have none of your preferences.
- Finding the right thing at the right price is going to take sometime. You will usually find the better deals if you’ll fly out on a Tuesday. This might be the perfect excuse to get some extra sightseeing in. The more flexible you are on travel dates, the more likely you are to find deals. Just make sure you are comparing the same thing.Y
- You know where you like to sit when you are on an airplane. Secure that place for yourself as soon as you are able. Go on and look at the seating chart as you are booking.
Let’s talk some more about Disney and some of the differences between the two big parks.
- Okay, there are different character at Disney World rather than Disneyland. You can find out specifically which characters are where with Disney’s App. It seems like you will see more characters at Disneyland. Disney World’s characters are usually in or around their own pavilions.
- Magic kingdom and Disneyland have a lot of the same themed areas. But that doesn’t mean that the rides are exactly the same. And of course, Disney World has a lot more.
- Disneyland can easily be seen in one day, having about five hundred acres. On the other hand, Disney World has over nine thousand acres filled with attractions. And it will take you several days to enjoy everything.
You may think that if you have been to one of these parks, you have seen what Disney has to offer in the way amusement parks. While there are similarities, there are some differences.as well Let’s look at some of those today.
- First, there is a big size difference between the two. You are going to find four theme parks as well as two water parks. You will find twenty-five hotels. Disneyand has two parks and three hotels.
- And how can we forget that they have different castles? Isn’t that why a lot of these little girls to go, to see those castles and meet owners? Disney World has Cinderela’s castle. Did you know that they made a castle a certain height, if they would have made it a foot taller, they would had to put red for airplanes? At Disney, Sleeping Beauty’s castle is not as tall. You can in at both castles, but’s is the only one in which you can eat.
- You are going to find some of the foods, but there are some differences here as well. You might want to take at some recommendations that have on Pinterest so that you do not miss out on anything spectacular
One great thing about cruising is that you can kind of sample different destinations, and come back to the ones you like most. One destination that you and your family might want to consider visiting is Nevis, which is part of St Kitts. This is one place in the Caribbean which is virtually untouched by Hurricane Irma. Here are some reasons you might want to go see this place.
- Nevis has a lot of history for anyone that is interested in that kind of thing. They have a Museum of Nevis History. This is the place where Alexander Hamilton was born. This museum is not very modern, meaning it will not have many interactive exhibits. But there is a lot of reading you can do. They also have former plantations you can visit.
- You are going to be pretty impressed with the food choices on this island. there is an old sugar mill which has been turned into a restaurant. You will enjoy private seating and have your own server. Much less expensive will be Golden rock Inn which is like a treehouse. You will also have more casual options as well.
- People may also enjoy the nature on Nevis. You might want to hike Mount Nevis. Or you might want to do some scuba diving while you are there.
It used to be that when you went on a cruise, you’d usually wait to make your calls to check in at home on port days. They would have a phone on the ship that was for emergencies, but that was expensive to use. But now that everyone has smart phones, and no one can seem to live without them, you can use your phones on most ships.
Cruises used to the perfect time to disconnect from the busy lives we all lead these days. People didn’t like that part of cruising. What if they missed something important? A lot of cruiselines worked hard to get up to date with the latest in technology. With that in mind, let’s look at some tips for using these things.
- First, you will want to make sure you have an international phone. Head on over to your service provider’s website to know what type of phone that you have. You may be surprised at how much of the world you may already have covered These places may include places like Mexico and maybe the Caribbean. You may also need to take a look what it means for you to roam international.
- Be sure to have everything you want on your phone already downloaded on your before you leave on your cruise. Many cruiselines are going to have their own app. Be to get your cruise’s app to get all the latest news and information. Also be sure to have all the games you can’t live without.
- actual calls can get rather expensive. But who calls rather than text these days? Texting is much more convenient, especially when you are dealing with different time zonies and things like that.