Fall is here. The children are settling into their school routines, and your parents have hinted that they might like the opportunity to do a little babysitting. You are not going to question that, your spring and summer were crazy, and having some time alone with the one you love sounds great. But where would you go? I might just have some suggestions for you today.
- I have heard fantastic things about Savannah, Georgia. You might want to take a carriage ride on their cobblestone streets. Or you might want to take a moonlit walk in one of their parks. They have some great bed and breakfasts in that area.
- Or you might want to vacation like our presidents in Martha’s Vineyard. If you enjoy looking at lighthouses, this is the place for you. You will ant to go explore some of their vineyards. You will want to stay somewhere on their lovely beach. And be sure to enjoy some of their seafood.
- I know the perfect place for you if you are a couple who loves adventure. The place is Jackson Hole, Wyoming. You might enjoy riding horses. Wait a little longer, and you will be able to do some skiing. You also be near Yellowstone National Park.
Yesterday did not go the way I thought or hoped that it mi. I meant to work, truly I did, but it just was not happening. Oh well, I think we’re back to normal life for a while.
When someone asks me what I do I’ll tell them that I’m a travel agent, and a lot of times they will bring up that they have always dreamed of going to Italy. After al, Italy was once home to the great Roman Empire. Obviously it is the home of the Roman Catholic Church. And who doesn’t like Italian food? Today let’s look at some tips on how to plan a great trip to Italy.
- If you are going to be short on time on this trip, you are going to be sure to visit the big three, Rome, Florence, and Venice. This is especially true if this is your first trip to this great country.
- We all know that Rome wasn’t built in a day, and you shouldn’t try to explore it in a day either. You will want to be sure to see their Colosseum, and you will also want to see Vatican City.. You will also want to do some shopping there.
- What’s in Florence you may ask. Well, there is statue called “David ” by Michelangelo. You might have heard of it? You will want to take in their beautiful countryside
- You know that Venice is built on water, don’t you? You will want to take a tour on one of their gondolas. They have beautiful palaces you can visit too.
Let’s talk some more about points and holiday travel.
- You might want to consider flying instead instead of driving. Everyone and his brother is going to want to fly. And the points people may give you problems about using your points during holiday time. Using your points for hotels and things like that is going to be much easier.
- Traveling after the big holidays is always going to be expensive. And it may be easier for you and the people you are going with to gather during that time anyway. Who works between Christmas and New Year’s Day?
- Sometimes you are allowed to pool your points, and this could also work well if you are trying to do a family gathering.
Let’s get back to our discussion about using your reward points for your holiday travel.
- Some credit cards are going to give you rewards on various places. Examples of this would be a Chase credit card, or a rewards program like American Express has. You can choose where and how you use those rewards of yours. And that always makes life easier.
- Point systems like this are going to have multiple airlines that they partner with. You’ll just have to figure out which airline will give you the best deal.
- Do you need a major influx of hands? You know that a lot of credit cards are going to give you big bonuses when you sign up for their card. Do a little research and figure out which will give you the best deal.
First, I have another set of crazy days coming up. I’m hoping to keep working, but we’ll see how much I can do.
Anyone who has read this blog for long knows that I absolutely love the holidays. Well, I love most holidays, I’m not big on the celebration coming up in October, but anyway. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day are coming up, aren’t those the real holidays. And if there is any time that everyone and his brother wants to travel it this holiday season. This is the one time everyone agrees that you should take time off work. And these travel point places know that and make it harder for you to redeem your points. Today I am going to share some tips that should help you work around that.
- You are going to want to start making your plans as early as you possibly can. And while part up is that you want to start saving points as early in the year as you can, it also means trying to make your plans at least six months before you want to take your trip. I know this is too late to do this year, but try to do it next.
- Start looking now for the less expensive travel date. Try looking at the week before Christmas. You may also be surprised at Day itself can be. The name of the game is to be flexible. Have people you’re trying to meet up withduring the holidays? Let them know how important it is to be flexible, and then do your best to figure everything out together.
- And your flexibility needs to extend to more than just your dates. Consider several different destinations where you might want to go. And again, you are going to want to look for the very best deals
We have b and Expedia have decided to join forces and make the whole booking process much simpler. een looking at cruises a lot lately. Let’s do something a little different today.
New Orleans is the latest city to put the nix on airbnb. They join San Francisco and New York City to name a few. Some of their citizens are all for this ban. Airbnb raises property taxes, have negative effects on the city’s historic districts, and tend to push out the working class people. But other people feel like the government should not shut this down. After all, this is a good source of income for some people.
If you are looking for something similar to airbnb, you should consider inns. Sounds nice and old fashioned, doesn’t it? Inns will have limited numbers of rooms which will give you some more privacy. Inns are also going to offer you limited food and drink choices. Basically inns are the older models for for boutique hotels.
And speaking of boutique hotels, Kimpton is putting one of their hotels in Miami. This is going to make their fifth hotel in Florida.
Marriott and Expedia have decided to join forces and make the whole booking process much simpler.
If you are going on your very first cruise and are so excited, you may want to print out some of these posts I’ve been writing for future reference.
- Able bodied people are usually going to find cruise else to be a waste of time. You are unlikely to find the elevator ready and waiting for you. And do you really want to be one of those people waiting for it when you are going to be around people who actually need it?
- really want to go hang by the pool the first day onboard, and then not go again the rest of your time because you’ve gotten sunburned? Please bring your favorite sunscreen and make sure to apply it before you leave your room for the day. And take it with you for when you are at the pool or other outdoor activities.
- You can actually get your teeth whitened on some ship. I would highly discourage you from doing that though. Sometimes having that done on these ships could greatly reduce the pleasure of eating. And who wants to not enjoy eating while you are on a cruise?
- Cruises are a great way to make new friends. Unless you are on your honeymoon or something like that, chat with other people while you are eating, or hanging out by the pool, or waiting in lines. You may be surprised at how much you have in common with some of these people.
- And this might have belonged at the very top of our list, but please bring a good attitude. You should be having the time of your life, eating incredible food and having awesome adventures. And the people serving you are often away from their families for months at a time. Be grateful and try to make life easier for them.
A lot of people get nervous when they are doing something for the first time. And sometimes they do things they know they shouldn’t do. Here are some tips for when you take that first cruise.
- There are papers that you are going to need. Be sure to take those papers. Put everything you will need in one folder, and please put them in your carryon. You do not want to stick them in your luggage somewhere, it could take them a long time to figure out where your papers are.
- I have said it before and will no doubt say it again, but you do not want to drink too much when you are on a cruise. Being drunk on a boat can get quite dangerous Drink any time that , drink soda and juices, especially any time that they are free.
- Be kind to your crew. And yes, that does include give the money tips any time that you can. You might also want to bring along some candy and give it out as well. Candy brings out a smile to most everything everyone.
- I know that you want to get some souvenirs, but you do not want to go crazy with them. Decide on things that you are going to like for years to come. For example, how many Hawaiian shirts are you actually going to wear?
- And make sure you have some room in your luggage for these souvenirs. You don’t want to have to carry them on your lap on your way home.
I think have guessed this, but I find cruises easy to write about. But cruises are like most anything else, the more you know before you leave, the better things will go once you are on your trip. Today let’s look at some things you should not do on your cruise..
- You know yourself and your family. Most people are going to use their cruise cabins for sleeping and changing and nothing more. Getting an inside room is going to be your least expensive option. But will you be happy in cramped quarters? That is something you’ll have to decide for yourself.
- Don’t bring someone who is going to be no fun on a cruise. If their idea of a vacation is doing little except sleeping, and you’re wanting to have all the fun you can, that is probably not going to be the best cruise match. Bring someone you like hanging out with a lot.
- I’m sorry, but I don’t think of a vacation as a good time to be on a strict diet. Vacations are times to have fun and enjoy yourself. Besides most cruises are going to have these buffets that will cost you nothing extra to enjoy. You’ll wto try a lot of different food.
Yesterday we were talking about reasons to cruise. Let’s continue that discussion today.
- Sometimes it can be hard for families to figure out a vacation that everyone is going to love. Adults may plan something that they themselves will love, but their children get bored and just want to play at the pool. Or the parents may plan the vacation to suit their children, and end up coming back just as worn out as they were before the trip. Cruises are going to have something for everyone. They are going to have great children’s programs which will allow adults to do whatever they feel like. Want family time? Cruises are going to have several different options for that as well.
- Cruises used to be pretty standard. You would get on this huge ship with lots of other people and go to some exotic locations?. They still have those huge ships to this day. They also have small ships where you are going to be able to get to know most of your fellow guests. Are you wanting to learn about a certain subject? Cruises allow you to explore all kinds of different topics. They also have cruises that allow you to help others.
- Because a cruise comes with so much to see and do, you will not have to spend hours on end doing research to figure out the hotels and what you are going to do. You may be wise to go to your port city the day before you are to leave just to make sure no problems come up. But once you are on board, everything is taken care of for you.