I find that sometimes when I need to get things done, sometimes it helps to do everything in a little different order today. I’m hoping it helps.
- The first spot we are going to look at today is Dayton, Ohio. Is your family into sports? If you are, you will have heard of March Madness. Dayton is hosting the First Four. Not into sports? You might enjoy their museum about our Air Force.
- If you have been stuck in your house a lot of the winter and want to get some fresh air, you will want to get Tulsa, Oklahoma. Did you know they have more than one hundred parks and. You are going to find it to be around 70 degrees in March and April.
- Now I don’t know many families that would object to a vacation that revolves around chocolate. You should go to Hershey, Pennsylvania. You are going to find some great gardens. They also have a museum that tells Hershey’s story. Adults will love the chocolate themed spa treatments.
- Are you looking for something pretty traditional? Go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. You will find some beautiful beaches and lots of family friendly attractions. You will be able to find accommodations that will suit any taste. And there are restaurants with all kinds of foods.
Today has been one of those days where I’ve started to write about this and that, but nothing seems to work. Today let’s look at some common travel blunders people make.
- You shouldn’t overpack. You do not need to look your absolute finest for every single occasion. You can get away with a lot when you’re traveling when it comes to fashion. Pack outfits that you can easily mix and match. And you are going to be able to find laundry facilities most anywhere you want. Airlines charge you when you overpack. There is only so much weight they can take.
- You will want to know exactly what your cell phone company’s policies are for when you travel. Are you going to be slapped with high roaming charges? If you are going to need data, make sure to get an international plan.
- Racing through the airport trying to get your next can be exciting, but it can also be frustrating. Try to book flights with enough time in between. I understand that you just want to get to your destination, but missing a flight is going to mess you up more.
- Get some of the local money when you are at the airport. You are going to need something to pay for a taxi or bus. Getting it at the ATM is going to be your best bet.
We are going to get back to our discussion on winter destinations.
- I am going through an article written by someone else, so I know this first one for today may sound a little strange, trust me, it sounds weird to me as well. But the destination is Anchorage, Alaska. Alaska is cold and dark a lot of the year. And while this is especially true in winter, this is a great time to see Northern Lights. You may also want to see the famous dog sledding race.
- You may want to visit San Juan, Puerto Rico, which doesn’t sound nearly as weird to me. There are a lot of festivals in the San Juan area during the winter months. You will not find a deserted island, but you will find reasonable accommodations and some fantastic weather.
- Houston, Texas is huge, but then again isn’t everything in Texas? This is an up and coming vacation spot. They have some historic sites. You will also find some interesting museums in this city.
- Looking for a city that has a lot to do? Try San Diego. They have great beaches. They have a fantastic zoo. There is a lot of great night life. You might also want to get a glimpse of Mexico from here.
- Want to experience some Southern charm? Go to Savannah, Georgia. You will avoid some of the crowds if you go in the winter. But there will be some nice festivals for you to take part in.
Traveling by yourself is one thing. You can go anywhere what you want any time you feel like it. Traveling once you’re married is a little different. You have to consider the other person’s needs and wishes. It is still two adults traveling and making memories together. But will you be able to travel once you start your family? Don’t children need a routine to get on and stick to? Can they understand anything about why things are so different? Won’t they hate the different food? Will they do things that will offend the native people?
- Okay, first, I am the oldest of eight, and we traveled ALL THE TIME. Most of our trips were to visit family or friends in places we used to live. We never seemed to mind getting out of our routines. It was nice to visit with loved ones. And every one of us now loves to travel.
- We’ve all seen the meltdown children have in restaurants or on airplanes. The truth is that children are resilient, and the more we expose them to other cultures, the more they’ll want to experience for themselves.
- I know some would call this cruel, but children will eat once they get hungry. Exposing them to many different foods when they are young will be good for them. They may enjoy more than you think they will. Children can learn languages quicker than adults can. It is just a fact of life.
- And hearing other languages will also improve their English as well. Children are more adaptable. They see other children do something, and they’re likely to want to do it too. They’re more likely to make friends wherever they go.
- Travel helps build their confidence. At home, you have your established routines, everyone knows what’s to happen when. Travel can be unpredictable. Problems can come up, and this can help teach children problem solving.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
Today we are going to look at favorite honeymoon destination in each of our fifty states. I’m not sure if we’ll get through all fifty. We will see what happens.
- Let’s start with Alabama. If you would like to have your honeymoon here, you might want to try Gorham’s Bluff. At first glance, this is an absolutely beautiful place that looks like it is very peaceful. When it comes to c accommodations, you can choose whether you want to stay in their lodge or in one of their cottages for extra privacy. And this place sounds like an excellent place to eat if you like southern cuisine. Each morning you will be given a made to order breakfast. You will be given a gourmet boxed lunch to take on your adventures, except on Sundays when they will prepare you a nice Sunday dinner in the dining room. And dinner is always a four course affair.
- They say that the best way to experience Alaska is by doing a cruise. And the people writing this article recommend Windstar. Windstar offers an intimate experience, small ships allow you you to have a much higher level of service. Alaska is beautiful country where you will see all kinds of wildlife.
- In California you might want to try the resort Enchantment. This property is set on seventy acres. Whether you decide to stay in a single bedroom or in a suite, you are going to find comfort at every turn. You will have your choice of several very nice restaurants when it comes time to eat. This may be one of the nicest places to stay if you are interested in visiting the Grand Canyon. You can also enjoy playing tennis or golf.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. We’ll get back to this whenever I can.
Yesterday we were looking at some cruise news. Today let’s look at some cruises you might want to go on this year.
- First we are going at Norwegian Bliss. They are going to Alaska this season. And Alaska is a popular place to cruise from from everything that I’ve was been reading. If you are going to go to Alaska,you’re likely going to want to hit several spots. And what better way to do that than from the comfort of a cruise ship?
- Norwegian is also planning to go to another popular cruise destination, and that is Cuba. But Norwegian is actually combining Cuba with the Caribbean. You will also be visiting a couple of private islands along the way.
- If you want to take a Paul Gauguin cruise, which is a luxury cruiseline, you might want to go to Polynesia. On this cruise, you will be places like Tahiti. This will be the perfect cruise for if water sports.
- Are you fascinated by wines, and how they are made? You might try one of Amawaterways fifty cruises in Europe. You are going to meet winery owners and all kinds of interesting things.
Did you know that cruises make excellent vacations for the families? You will find many cruises to be pretty all inclusive in nature. You are also going to find things on any cruise that will interest everyone in your family. Does your family love to learn all about cooking, or art, or history together? There are cruises that are specifically designed to aid you in your quest. Today, let’s look at some cruise news.
- Cruiselines are always building new ships to their fleet. Guests love the feeling of trying the newest thing. Unfortunately, Hurtigrutenhas had to stop production on its latest ship. And this is because there are problems with the sshipyard taking more time because of the complexity of the project.
- A cruise is almost the only way you are going to see Antarctica, unless you actually want to become a scientist and go and study there. And a cruise is probably going to be much more comfortable anyway. Hurtigrutenhas cruises that will take you to Antarctica. Small ships are going to allow for easy access while still allowing you all the comforts of home.
- The race is on as to which cruiseline is going to be able to boast of the highest internet speeds on a ship. Carnival corporation is trying to get in the race with its Princess cruiselines. The internet speeds on these ships is almost what we are able to get on land.
I would love to know your thoughts on this. I would also love to help you and your family book a cruise. Please let me know if you are interested.
Sometimes when you go on a trip, you know exactly what you want to do, and where you want to go. Other times, you throw caution to the wind and do whatever you want whenever you feel like it. And of course, the easiest way to do a trip that is unplanned is to do a road trip. Today we are going to look at some tips on road trip.
- Okay, I understand that you do not want a set schedule, but you might want to do a little internet research to try to figure out the direction you want to head in. Are there any big events you might want to take part in? Or maybe you just want to look and make sure the direction you’re heading isn’t going to be overly crowded.
- You might be ready for adventure, but is your car? If you’re having any questions about that, consider renting one. You may be surprised at how inexpensively you can rent a car these days. And if something happens to that car while you are on the road, it should be fairly easy to get another car.
- Eating out may be part of the fun of a road trip, but you will want to pack some snacks at least. No one likes to be hungry and have absolutely no idea where they are going to get food or how long it might take. Pack some things everyone will enjoy eating.
- You may be tempted to leave your phone behind, but please don’t, especially if you are traveling by yourself. Phones have all kinds of things that might be helpful to you. It’s great to unplug for times of refreshment, but please be safe in everything that you do.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this or any stories you might want to share.
We have been discussing all that Norwegian has to offer families. Today let’s look at some of the more popular cruise destinations. Now would be a great time to plan your summer vacation, as prices tend to go up as we get closer to the busiest travel season. Please let me know if you are interested.
- If you are a nature lover, someone that loves botany, or someone that loves taking pictures of beautiful flowers, you will want to try to get to the Galapagos. Here you will also have opportunities to hike and snorkel.
- The Artic is becoming a very popular place to cruise. Get up close and personal with the polar bears. Bird watching is another incredible experience here. If you would like to do something more accessible, go explore Alaska. You are going to be seeing pretty much the same things. And Alaska will make for a less arduous journey.
- Cruising Africa? I’m always reading travel news, and I haven’t heard anything about this. Sure, I know people are enjoying Africa safaris, and some are going to do these big game hunts. Apparently, you are going to be doing both of these while on a cruise. This may be a safer, more luxurious way to travel in Africa.
- Or is your family just looking for a nice beach vacation? Try Belize. This is an incredible place to dive. Not into water sports? You might want to try Biking through the rain forests. And besides Belize is near Norwegian’s private island is.
f you’re wanting to go see our nation’s capitol, now would be a great time to go because it is beautiful with cherry blossoms. Today lets look at some hotel packages that are available.
- First, let’s look at the Mandarin Oriental Washington D.C. This place has been recently renovated and has been designed for comfort and rejuvenation. You are going to be on the water at this place. They have a package that will be available through May twenty-fourth, and you can get this whenever you stay more than two nights. You will get a hanami style picnic for two. You will also get breakfast each day of your stay.
- The Rosewood Washington D.C. is located in Georgetown, and again, this place is designed for relaxation after your days of touring. You are going to get breakfast for two each morning. You will also get a tour of the city, and a kite-flying kit.
- If you stays at the Hay-Adams, you will be staying near 1600 Pennsylvania avenue, which is where the first family lives. Here you will get a nice pastry. You will get a full American breakfast each morning of your stay. You will have to stay three nights to get this package.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of these. Let me know your questions.