Today we are going to take a look at another type of cruise, it is called a river cruise. This is a fairly new type of travel, but it is really growing in popularity. This is especially true among those that are older. Most river cruisers are people who have already retired, and are looking to enjoy the finer things in life. They want a larger suite where they can feel free to relax any time they to choose. They want the nicer, gourmet meals and enjoy having a beer or glass of wine with lunch or dinner. They enjoy the better service and more intimate feel of a smaller cruise. And most will love that paying one price will give them everything that they need to enjoy their vacation. Today let’s look at some of the river cruise companies.
- First there is Viking. With them, you will be able to enjoy exploring most of Europe and parts of Southeast Asia. When you cruise with Viking, everything is going to be included in the initial price. Expect deluxe accommodations, fine dining, and to be immersed in the cultures of the countries you are visiting. Your shore excursions will be covered as well.
- Uniworld is another company that is going to give you a very all inclusive experience. All your meals, and anything you want to drink with them, is covered. Shore excursions will be covered with them as well. With Uniworld you will be exploring Europe, parts of Asia and Egypt. What sets them apart is that they welcome children and teens on board they will have special programs, and even special pricing. >
- Avalon gives you luxurious accommodations, epic views and a lot of flexibility for an all inclusive price. Besides Europe and Asia, they also take cruises to explore our own beautiful country. You are going to get many more choices when it comes to your excursions. They also have more restaurants.
- American Cruise Line explores America. See Alaska up close and personal. Enjoy the wonders of New England or explore the Mississippi. And these are just a few of the places you can go. Again you are going to enjoy great accommodations and excellent dining.
- Amawaterways will also go to Europe and different parts of Asia. Their claim to fame is their level of service. Some of the finest don’t offer this level of service. They also have some very fine cuisine for you to enjoy.
It is Friday, and part of me just wants to get through the things I have to do done. And so, of course, my internet is giving me problems. I’m trying to figure that out. I think I am going to be able to do this, so let’s get started for today..
we are going to look more at Avalon Waterways… On these ships you are goingTo have access to a well stocked… Avalon uses local guides. Local guides are going to know more, and take smaller groups. They are also going to know a lot more about the specific area you are visiting.
Avalon does do specialty tours, including beer tours, wine tours, food tours, golf tours, Jewish heritage tours all kinds of things. And on these specialty tours you are going to get everything you would get on a regular cruise, plus all the specialty stuff.
I think I am going to stop here. I would love to know your thoughts on all this. If any questions about Avalon, I would be more than happy to help answer them. And of course I would love to help you book one of these cruises. Please just let me know.
I think everyone knows by now that I have changed host agencies. Host agencies are basically the umbrella company that home based agents work through. So far I have nothing but praise for these people. There is so much I want to be doing these days. I am going to go through some of their destination training and blog about it as a way to kind of kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
Today we are going to be looking at Avalon Waterways. This is a river cruise company, and one of the things that sets them a part is their accommodations. They have some of the largest cabins and balconies in the industry. 75% of their ships are all suite ships. And on these ships, their smallest suite are about 170 square feet. They pride themselves on having the most space everywhere on their ships. Even their bathrooms are big.
Each room is going to have a stocked refrigerator. The maids will come and restock your refrigerator each morning, so you should have no worries about that. They have some upscale hair and beauty products for you to use at no additional charge. Most river cruising is done in Europe, and with Avalon, your morning excursion is included in the price. Please let me know if you are interested in taking a river cruise. We are going to get back to this tomorrow.