I know that most of us are returning to work today. A lot of you may not even want to think about planning another vacation. However, Disney is offering some specials, and when Disney offers specials, you don’t want to mess around and miss out.
The first offer we are going to look at is their free dining which is something they do with some regularity. If I am reading this right, you are not going to be able to mix the offers which is unfortunate. In order to qualify for this deal, you need to be staying at one of Disney’s resorts for at five nights and have park passes with their Park Hopper capability for six days. You can take advantage of this offer between July through September. The article I’m reading says there are a few exceptions, but it doesn’t go into those details.
Or you might to choose to get 30% off when you stay at one of their selected resorts. You will have to stay at least four nights. And it looks like this offer is good for most nights between the end of May through September. You aren’t going to be able to get this discount on their more expensive accommodations.
And on another matter entirely, it looks like Carnival is no longer going to offer free room service. The upcharge will be between two to five dollars per item. What get for these charges? The article I’m reading simply says more choices. The cruise company were also going to raise its prices on the drink packages.
I would love to help you book a vacation. please let me know if you are interested.
Let’s get back to our discussion on how to plan your first cruise. One of the most important decisions that you will need to make is which cruiseline that you want to go on. There are a lot of choices that are available. Today we are going to look at your family friendly cruiselines.
- We are going to start with Royal Caribbean. This is a fantastic cruiseline for families because their ships are packed with activities your whole family will love. Have your children been begging to go ice skating? Your family will also have the chance to try out the surf simulator. They have Broadway like productions you can enjoy in the evening. Royal Caribbean is always winning Readers’ Choice Awards. And they are going to go most everywhere a family might be interested in exploring together.
- Ever heard of Carnival Cruise Line? Most everyone has. Carnival has taken more cruisers across the seas than any cruise company. They’re trying to appeal to a wide variety of cruisers. Families, couples, groups, and honeymooners are a few of the segments they are trying to reach. Their ships are huge, and on these ships you are going to be one of several thousands of passengers. You are going to find plenty of cool restaurants you and your family can enjoy together. You will find a lot of activities you can enjoy on these ships as well.
- Disney does cruises too, and from what I hear they never have to use sales to make sure that their ships are full. I do need to say that Disney is more expensive than the above two, but you are not going to find a more family friendly cruise. Characters will greet you as you come on board. There is usually a dance party the first night you are on the ship. And of course, this is just the beginning. You will find food that will please every type of palate. And no one will be lacking when it comes to adventures.
- Norwegian Cruise Line is known for being innovative. Their claim to fame is “Freestyle Cruising”. With them, you do just as you please. You choose when you want to eat and with whom. You decide which shore excursions you want to be part of, if you want to be part of any. Your children can be part of their Splash Academy or not. It is all up to you what you want your vacation to look like.
Today let’s look at some of the features of the new Carnival ship that they’ve named Carnival Horizon. This ship is going to have a lot in common with its sister ship Carnival Vista.
For starters, Horizon is going to have a couple of new restaurants. People should be impressed with their teppanyaki restaurant. There is also a new restaurant coming out by Mr. Guy Ferrar called Guy’s Pig and Anchor Smokehouse. The restaurant will serve barbecue favorites and some new crafted beers that they will make on board.
Horizon will have some of the fastest internet on board a cruise. To give you an idea of how fast this internet is, people should have no problems accessing Facebook Lives on board.
This new ship is going to have “destination elevators”, which kind of sound like something out of Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. Before you step into the elevator, you will go on and select your destination by touchscreen. Once you’re inside, all you will have to worry about is opening and closing the elevator.
The new ship is also going to have a Cat-in-the-Hat themed waterpark. It sounds like there will be a lot of brightly colored slides.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. I would also love to help you book a cruise. Please let me know if you are interested.
We are going to just see if I have time to do this. Everything should be back to normal on Monday. But you never know what might happen. Someone might eat the sun. [Sorry, I had a children’s book about the eclipse, and everyone in the book thought someone was eating the Sun.
Not being sure how much computer time I have and wanting to make the most of the time I do have, let’s look at some cruise news.
- Carnival is announcing more sailings to 2018. It looks like you’ll be able to choose from six and eight day sailings. As usual, Carnival is going to have a little something for everyone.
- Carnival is also working at getting easier on the environment. They have a whole list on a website of all the changes they are going to be making the corporation has been working on this for a while and has already made great progress.
- Viking cruiseline is going to start exploring the Vikings’ territory, which seems quite fitting, don’t you think? It looks like they are going to do everything they can to take you back to that culture.
I would love to know which of these stories sparks your interest.
I have several things I would like to get done. There are people I need to get in touch with about trips. I am going to be looking into guest blogging. But first let’s get this taken care of for the day.
Cruises. Some people love them. Others aren’t sure if a cruise is right for them. Today we are going to look at some specifics about the Vista.
- This one is kind of random, but you are going to want to bring conditioner on your trip. hey will have body wash and shampoo, but not conditioner. You can get it at the gift shop, but your best bet would be to pack some in your checked bag.
- You will want to get to shows as early as possible. Take a book or magazine, or simply enjoy being with the people you come with. You are going to enjoy some great comedy.
- If you are primarily looking to enjoy the cruiseship and not especially interested in the ports, you’ll be able to enjoy a lot of things more when everyone else goes es to the port. One thing you’ll definitely want to wait on is the SkyRide.
- There are some great specialty restaurants that you may want to enjoy more than once. If you think there is a restaurant you’ll want to eat at twice, make your reservations for your first meal at the beginning of your trip.
But you will also want to keep in mind that there will be plenty of dining options that will not charge you anything extra. And it’s not just the main dining facilities either. Places that serve burgers, pizza, and even a barbecue place is going to be totally free of charge.I would love to know if you are interested in a cruise.. And let me know if you want my help planning your summer vacation. It is not too early to start planning.
I have a lot I want to get done. My church has had meetings each evening, ending last night. But, unfortunately, I’m also having some troubles with my battery, so things have been somewhat crazy. I’m truly thankful to have been able to do my basic stuff each day. But I have people asking about trips , and I do want to get into this writing stuff more..
But anyway, they say you learn something new each day.. Actually, I’m sure I’ve heard this somewhere before. But cruise companies come under the same corporation. Carnival is under Princess Cruises which is under Holland America. And Royal Caribbean is in the same corporation as Celebrity cruises and Azamara. And these different cruiselines that are under the same corporation share their private islands.
But what exactly is on this private island? First of all, there is no need to worry that you are going to miss out on your “free” lunch while you are on this island. They’ll have barbecue lunches which are free for the taking. There are other restaurants and bars that will be available to you as well. And of course, this is an island, so you are going to b surrounded by beautiful beaches. You will be able to take part in all kinds of water sports here.
Carnival’s guests will be able to enjoy this island starting in May. Please let me know if you would be interested in something like this.
It feels like there is so much going on in our world, so much evil. I’m thinking specifically of the mess our country is in, and what has just happened in France, but I know there seems to be trouble every time we turn around.. Yes, things feel hard in a lot of ways, but I do believe that God is still in control, that He is good, and that He does have a plan for everything.
Okay, let’s get back to discussing cruise weddings.. First, the cruise lines we looked at yesterday seemed to have specific ships and places where you could get married. With Carnival, you are going to have more choices. They just want to make your dreams come true. Have you always dreamed of a big wedding? Or do you want it just to be you and the one you love? Where do you want to get married? Someone with Carnival will guide you through the choices you need to make, while trying to make everything less stressful for you. Doing your wedding on board also allows you to take a nice cruise as your honeymoon.
Disney Cruises also allows you to marry on their ships. Again, Disney is going to have everything you need to make your special day feel perfect, from flowers to cake and pictures. You will have a wedding coordinator who will help you plan your special day. They will help you decide what is important to you. And Disney is going to have places that are kid-free if that’s a concern.
Again, I would love to know your thoughts, or any questions you might have. I’d also love to help you plan your dream wedding. Please let me know.
I’m a travel agent, and so part of my job is to keep up with travel news. And Fathom has definitely been in the news a lot lately. Fathom hopes to impact the world through travel. They want to connect us Americans with people we would ot have likely met otherwise.
Fathom is going to start by doing trips to two different destinations, Cuba and the Dominican Republic… These trips wil be trips where you will be working side by side the natives to help make a difference in their lives. And oh yes, Fathom is part of the Carnival Cooperation, so you will be cruising to and from your destination.
So what are these journeys like? You will sail on a normal cruise ship with all of the comforts these ships usually afford. However, besides having fun, you will be working on getting to know your fellow cruisers and building your teams. There is balance between work and play each day. And I think you will be spending each night on board each ship.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this. Please let me know.
It amazes me how much better and more able to work I feel after taking a day to just not look at anything to do with work. I love this job. But taking Sundays off to be with friends always renews me.
Speaking of renewing, Carnival is going to update one of its ships to get it up to speed with the “Fun ship” model they’re working on as their new image. This ship is one of the Fantasy class ships, and they are going to be doing this renovation starting later this month and going through the first half of February. That sounds quick to me, but anyway. Let’s look at some of the specifics.
- They are going to add a Guy’s Burger Joint, which is going to be a poolside venue. You will not be charged anything extra to eat here.
- They are also going to add a poolside Mexican eatery. And this place will also be free of charge.
- They will be adding a bar which will have a Caribbean flair to it. They will be serving a lot of frozen drinks. That will just be one of several bars.
- They are already working on their children’s program to make it better..
Let me know if you would be interested in taking a Carnival cruise.
It’s pretty usual for me to have a pretty good idea of everything I want to write about in a blog post. But today I’m not sure what all we may discuss. But let’s get started anyway, and we’ll see how this turns out.
Because it is National Cruise Month, we are going to be looking at cruise news.. First, in a recent Reader’s Digest survey, people chose Carnival as their most trusted cruise line. What exactly does that mean? It means that you trust Carnival to give I you great value on a quality and reliable vacation. Carnival was among the first to make cruising available to the average man or woman. Before this, cruising was only for the rich.
Some people love their holiday traditions and will not break them for any reason. Others, maybe especially after the death of a loved one, feel the need to change things up. If your family is looking to do something different this holiday season, you might want to look at planning a cruise for your holiday time together. Cruises always make the holidays exciting. Some will make every effort to make you feel like you’re at home. Others you can forego all the traditions you want.
To celebrate National Cruise Month, a group called Costa is having a sale. You can get a lot of onboard credit. They are having reduced deposits as well. Please let me know if you are interested in any of this.