I’m crazy about Christmas. I love the plays and parties, and all the decorations. I love the the Hallmark movies, even if I know they are cheesy and predictable. I love the excuse to gather with family and friends.. But anyway, let’s get back to our discussion of places to go for the holidays.
- The first one we are going to look at today is Ireland. The people at Eske Castle, which is in Donegal, are preparing special treats for everyone who visits them. First, are your forever wanting to help you in the kitchen, but you don’t want the mess? The staff at the castle will welcome your little ones’ help as they bake treats. Children will also be enjoying a visit from Adults are going to enjoy a three course dinner at a fine restaurant. There will also be special programming and live music each evening.
- Does your family love history and tradition? Spend the Christmas holiday in DC. The Jefferson, a hotel there, is going to have all kinds of decorations to celebrate this special season. You may want to go to The Quill, which is a popular lounge where you can enjoy holiday drinks. You might also enjoy having dinner at the restaurant called Plume.
- Do you want to do something different, something exotic for the holidays this yearGo to Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort and Spa. Here you will be more than welcome to help decorate the lobby Christmas tree. Your children will have an opportunity to take a a picture with Santa. They can also take cooking classes with real chefs. The holiday meals are Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas brunch and Christmas dinner.
- Is your favorite part of the holiday all of the shopping? You might want to go to Europe and see their Christmas markets. There are tours that you can go on that will show you several different markets. So which markets might you be interested in visiting?
I am going to be with my sisters tomorrow, so I’m not sure if I am going to do tomorrow. We’ll see how everything goes. May is just going to be a crazy month for us.
Okay, let’s get back to our discussion of the Cayman Islands. The Grand Cayman Island has a lot of resorts that will be perfect for families, even for families that are looking to take multi generational trips. Grand Cayman will also have some great condominiums and villas that will be a great alternatives for large parties. But the resorts are going to have fantastic children’s programs. Programs for children here are more than babysitting so the adults can enjoy sometime together, your children are going to be learning about the history and culture of this place, and they’ll also be doing arts and crafts.
You’ll enjoy a wide variety of cuisine on this island. They will have a lot of restaurants and snack bars where you can easily find foods like pizza and hamburgers. The resorts will also have some good dining options. You will find a lot of the fast food restaurants that you have here at home. There are also some five-star restaurants where parents can enjoy a special date evening. The smaller islands are going to have less variety of restaurants, but you can still have quality food here.
Not only are these islands great for families, they also make an excellent destination for honeymoons or destination weddings. These people are prepared to be the setting for your special day whether you see this to just be you and the one you love, or you want a wedding for several hundred. They have some beautiful beaches, but they also have some historic sites that are great places for couples to exchange their vows. There is no waiting time when it comes to getting married here, although nonresidents are going to need a special license from the Governor. You will be able to work on that before you arrive.
I’ve been working on something new for my business. It’s a Facebook group, and the link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/TravelforMompreneurs/. Like everything I do, this is a work in progress, I’m still figuring out what to do. But I would love to have you join us if you’re interested in working with me as your travel agent. And I would love you to recommend this to anyone that might be interested.
Okay, enough of the commercial, let’s get back to our discussion of the Cayman Islands. Who might be interested in these island? The first group we are going to look at is families. something more and more parents are asking themselves is, “Are my kids going to be interested in this vacation?” It is not fun to be around grumpy kids or, even worse, grumpy teenagers. Parents are trying to avoid the grumpiness by including the kids in the decisions about where to go on vacation.
The Cayman Islands are a great place for families to spend some extended time together. And anyone who reads this blog, families spending time together is why I do what I do. Families are going to find great accommodations on these islands. Do you have picky eaters in your family? Going to the Cayman Islands should be no problem since you will have access to full service grocery stores.
But what is there to do on these islands? For starters, there is a stingray place where you can actually swim with these creatures. There are a lot of places where families can snorkel or scuba dive. There are even places where kids can practice scuba diving. Many of the hotels are going to have a wide variety of water sports that families can enjoy together. There is one of the world’s largest skate parks. And there is a movie theater here too, for when you get tired of outdoor activities.
Let’s get back to this tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts. we
Let’s get back to our discussion of the Cayman Islands. It looks like these islands are owned by Great Britain. There are some natives, but they also have a lot of transplants, including many from Great Britain and North America. With this being the case, people from the above mentioned countries will find a lot of the same foods in their grocery store. These are people that believe in manners, Mr. and Miss are the common way to address anyone in these parts.
The Grand Cayman Island is where you will find a lot of the hotels and condominiums. The sister islands, as they call them, have a lot to offer in the way of caves, nature hikes, and bird watching. And please remember that these are the Cayman Islands. Please don’t call them the Canary Islands, the Grand Canyon, or just Cayman.
Okay, so where are these islands exactly? You are going to have a ninety minute flight from Tampa, Florida. You are going to find pretty much perfect weather any time you go. This is one of the closest destinations in the Caribbean.
Du you want to know some fast facts about these islands?
- First, English is the language that is spoken here.
- They are on Eastern Standard time. However, you will want to keep in mind that they do not observe Daylight Savings Time.
- February will normally be the the coolest month of the year. Temperatures should be in the sixties at this time. Summer temperatures should not reach above ninety. They do have their own currency.
- Their exchange rate is US $1.20. Most places will accept our currency, but be warned that their change will usually be in their currency.
- You will need a valid passport or the equivalent to get in.
- And their electricity current is the same as ours. I know that isn’t important to some, but when you do everything on your communication device, it’s a good thing to know.
I would love to know your thoughts on all this. We will continue this discussion tomorrow.
I’m sorry if my posts seem a little disjointed I have several things going. We’re in the midst of having several things to do with friends and making some decisions about my future. I’m doing what I can to work in between the other things. But anyway..
When you think of London, surely one place that comes to mind to visit is the infamous Tower of London. A lot of famous people have been kept here, including some kings or their wives. Sir Walter Raleigh was held captive in this place for over seventeen years. You might also want to see the crown jewels. It looks like you will need to set up a guided tour in order to get look at these.
Let’s move our discussion from London to the Cayman islands. These islands make up part of the Caribbean. But these islands are more sophisticated. Tourism and finance are the biggest industries here, which means that they enjoy a pretty high standard of living. To be honest, you are going to find their prices slightly higher, but they do have exceptional service.
Let’s stop here for today. We will talk more about the Cayman Islands tomorrow.