It has been something of a strange day, but I’m working now, so let me do this before I really start on other projects.
Those of us who are in the south may not believe it, but autumn and winter are truly on their way. Let’s look at some places you might want to go.
- It is definitely not too early to start planning a trip so that you can experience in New Orleans. I mean, you have to go and experience this at least once in your life. You are going to find that a lot of rooms are already booked, but some will not be.
- Have you figured out what you are going to be doing for New Year’s this coming year? I hear that Vegas is a great place to ring in the new year. Of course, when isn’t it a great time to party in this city?
- Of course, the place to be on New Year’s is New York City. Then again, any time during the holidays is a great time to visit the big city. There is so much to do in this place. You have great shopping. You have world-class plays. You also likely have snow.
- If you like snow, even if it is only to look at, you will want to try to get to Breckenridge, Colorado. This place has something for everyone, whether or not you like playing in the snow. It has some great boutique shopping. And it is home to several nice resorts.
- Are you more interested in going somewhere warm this winter? Try Miami. For sure you will find a lot of great night life here. There are beautiful beaches you can enjoy any time of the year.
My last post was for yesterday. Today let’s look at some memorials commemorating today and all it stands for. It has been seventeen years since the attacks, can you believe it?
- Okay, first there is a memorial in New York City. They are closed September eleventh, wondering if they consider it some kind of holiday? But it is usually opened each day, and you can purchase tickets up to six months in advance.
- New Jersey has a memorial called Empty Sky Memorial. It was built to honor New Jersey’s victims, and this place was ready in time for the tenth anniversary of the attacks.
- The Pentagon Memorial is located in Arlington, Virginia. It, of course, commemorates the victims of the Pentagon attack. Parking is limited, so you may want to take public transportation.
- I guess this is to show England’s support of us. September 11th Memorial Garden has been opened in London just two years. They communicated with people who lost loved ones in the attacks as they built this.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. Would you like to do a September 11th tour? Please let me know.
Sometimes when you go on a trip, you know exactly what you want to do, and where you want to go. Other times, you throw caution to the wind and do whatever you want whenever you feel like it. And of course, the easiest way to do a trip that is unplanned is to do a road trip. Today we are going to look at some tips on road trip.
- Okay, I understand that you do not want a set schedule, but you might want to do a little internet research to try to figure out the direction you want to head in. Are there any big events you might want to take part in? Or maybe you just want to look and make sure the direction you’re heading isn’t going to be overly crowded.
- You might be ready for adventure, but is your car? If you’re having any questions about that, consider renting one. You may be surprised at how inexpensively you can rent a car these days. And if something happens to that car while you are on the road, it should be fairly easy to get another car.
- Eating out may be part of the fun of a road trip, but you will want to pack some snacks at least. No one likes to be hungry and have absolutely no idea where they are going to get food or how long it might take. Pack some things everyone will enjoy eating.
- You may be tempted to leave your phone behind, but please don’t, especially if you are traveling by yourself. Phones have all kinds of things that might be helpful to you. It’s great to unplug for times of refreshment, but please be safe in everything that you do.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this or any stories you might want to share.
Obviously what Colorado is most known for is their skiing. But today we are going to talk about some things you can do in Denver besides skiing. Maybe you’d want to keep this in mind for when the weather is bad, or maybe you’ll have a group who doesn’t want to ski the whole time. Either way, here are some suggestions.
- The capitol building is great to explore. They do give free tours Monday through Friday. However, things can get busy there, so you might want to call ahead and make reservations as opposed to just showing up.
- There is this forty-foot blue bear that stands beside theirconvention center. You will want to go see that. Having your picture taken with it is also pretty popular.
- Denver has a great science museum. The cost is fifteen dollars for an adult, and just ten dollars for children. You will be seeing dinosaurs, African wildlife, and astronauts. Plan on spending a good part of your day there.
- Red Rock Amphitheater has appeal for a lot of different people. College students like to hang out during the day. Anyone interested in astronomy will love going here at night. Sometimes people put on dramas here.
Let me know if you are interested in this or have any questions
I have to be honest, I have never been a big outdoors person. I like going camping during the day if we are camping with friends or family I don’t get to see all the time. And I do love to swim, though I like pools better than rivers over the ocean. But being disabled has limited my ability to enjoy a lot of sports and things like that.
However, I know some families absolutely love camping, hiking, kayaking and those type of things. Being out there is a great bonding experience. If you are looking for a new adventure, here are some states you might want to try..
Alaska, having huge amounts of land and low population, is one of the more obvious choices. You are going to find a lot of wildlife up there. Alaska has a lot of national parks, and some beautiful mountains and scenery. It is a great place to hunt and fish.
Oregon and Montana are also beautiful states that have a lot of national parks. They have both mountain and beaches there. And I’m sure these states will have a lot of eco friendly stuff as well…
Colorado is one of the best places to go skiing, of course. It also has some fabulous lakes.. Let me know if any of these states sounds interesting to you.
Your family has decided to go somewhere on vacation, but the big big question is where? You and your husband just want to relax, take a break from your everyday life. But your children want to do something fun.. Why don’t you vacation near a water park? Below are some water parks you might want to try.
Water World, which is in Denver, Colorado, is one of the largest water parks in our fair country. It is also among the most popular because it has so many many unique features. And one of those is that they use sleds instead of inner tubes. They also have a couple of rides a family of four can ride together. There are forty nine attraction at this park, and each person will pay under forty dollars.
Wisconsin has another huge water park called Noah’s ark Water Park. This place has over fifty attractions. One of those is the world’s largest bowl ride. There is plenty for everyone to do no matter how old you are.
Do you want to go to either of these? I would be more than happy to help you arrange hotels and anything else you might need.
Work is getting crazy. But as a friend pointed out, crazy can be a good thing. It means business is growing… And besides, I would rather be busy than bored any time.
Today we are going to take a look at Colorado Springs. This city has one of the best mountain views, but is also a thriving metropolis filled with things to see and do. This is also a great place to do adventure sports. It is also home of the Air Force Academy, making it an interesting place for those intrigued by the military.. And besides all this, it is the home of Focus on the Family which has a lot for families in and of itself.
As far as Food choices go, there is some good barbecue out there, and mostly just good all around American food. They have a wide variety of accommodations you can choose from. There is public transportation that is available.. Let me know if you are interested in visiting this place. I’d be more than happy to help you out.
This may be a little early to post, since I know most everyone is getting ready for the holidays, and just trying to get through everything that goes with holiday time, gifts, family time, parties, etc. But today, let’s talk about some places you may want to go in 2015. The first place they mention is New York City, which as you know if you’ve been reading this blog for a while, is one place I’d like to go some day. The city has some new hotels and microbreweries that you might want to visit.
We may not be surprised by New York being the top choice, but South Dakota is the second. Huh? The reason for this is that this state has a lot of natural beauty, as well as small town charm which would appeal to a lot of folks. It is also the home of Mount Rushmore which does attract a lot of visitors each year. This is definitely the place you can get back to how America used to be?.
Colorado is another place that is mentioned. Again you are going to find that this state is absolutely gorgeous. Colorado is, of course, a wonderful place to ski… And it is also where Focus on the Family has its headquarters.
From my perspective, it is never too early to start planning your ,vacations for 2015. The earlier you book the less expensive your trip usually is… Please let me know your thoughts.