In the old days, eating on a cruise was pretty simple. You would be put at a table, and you would eat with the same group of people three times a day. You would usually be given a choice between early or late dining. And you might get some kind of afternoon snack. But boy, has cruise dining changed over the years. Let’s look at some of what’s available today.
- Nearly all cruise ships are going to have a main dining room where you and your family can eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Most cruiselines have done away with assigned tables, and you should be able to be pretty much eat any time you would like. And did I mention that you would have to dress for each meal? They’ve done away with that as well.
- You will also have less formal dining options. You will usually have some kind of buffet, and that will typically be opened twenty-four hours a day. Ships are also going to have places where you can get pizza or hamburgers.
- Most of the rooms are pretty small, and I think most people would prefer to be out with the other people. But maybe you want to relax in front of a movie. Or maybe you want a quiet evening with your spouse. Most cruiselines have room service at no additional charge. Though some river cruises are not going to have this option at all.
- And then there are specialty restaurants. These restaurants often offer superior food and a higher class of service.
If you and your family are still looking for that perfect summer vacation, you might want to consider cruising with Disney. From what I hear, these are top notch cruises, where you’ll be pampered your entire cruise. Now I have to say up front that cruising with Disney is going to cost more than a cruise with Carnival or Norwegian, but you are going to get a lot more bang for your buck. Let’s take a look.
And no, there is no such thing as a discounted Disney Cruise. Cruises give discounts when they are not getting enough passengers, and Disney never has that problem.
You are going to want to take one of these cruises while your children are between the ages of five and twelve, or when they’re crazy about Disney and their movies. Disney loves children. From the moment you step on board, your children will be greeted by Disney characters. Characters go on all of the ships. If I am remembering right, the story is that characters live at either Disney World or Disneyland, but they go on vacation, like you are, for cruises and such.
- They do have childcare for children under age three. You will be paying extra for children under three, please be aware of that. The nursery is staffed by well trained professionals. You are going to get reports on how your child did each day.
- When your child is three, you will be able to check on your child and how he is doing in the nursery by your cruise phone.
- Every person who works on one of these cruises is going to love kids. You’ll see it when you go to eat. You’ll see it when your room is being cleaned.
Cruises are doing a lot to cater to families. And when cruise people think of a room, they’re thinking that there will be at least two people sharing that cruise. But what if you haven’t met your life partner yet?
Some cruises are going to charge you double for your room. And while some cruises have reasoned how silly that is, others haven’t. Today we are going to look at some different ways to work around this.
- Some cruiselines have rooms that are specifically for singles. Sure, these rooms may be significantly smaller, but you’ll probably just be in there to sleep and get ready. These rooms also offer added protection. I know that Norwegian is one of these. Royal Caribbean is another one you might want to look into.
- Some cruiselines allow you to share a cabin with another single person of the same sex, they aren’t trying to set you up or anything. You will be asked some questions that will help them find a good roommate for you.
It worked out that I took a long weekend. Even that has left me feeling pretty energized. Let’s get back to our discussion of Disney cruises.
- You should always have a camera with you. Disney characters need to take vacations too, you know? You are going to see plenty of characters aboard each ship. Have your camera ready just in case.
- Many children love to swim, and Disney knows that. Can you imagine a place where you can swim and watch Disney movies at the same time? That sounds like a child’s dream come true. You can do just that on Disney cruises. Little ones will also enjoy Disney themed splash pads. And don’t forget the water slides.
- Every time Disney does a cruise, the whole crew gathers in the lobby of their theater to trade pins. This is a great way to get to know your fellow guests and crew alike.
- Around the theater, you are going to find all kinds of shops. In these shops, you will find pins, tshirts, mugs, and things on like that. Disney Vacation Club members get a discount.
- Like most cruises these days, you can do Do you want to learn everything you can about Disney, take part in all the parties and everything? That is perfectly fine. Do you want to just hang out by the pools the whole time? They will have no problems with that either.
Would you like help planning your next Disney cruise? I would love to help you figure everything out. Please just let me know.
we are going to get back to our discussion about Disney cruises.
- What do you do when you get tired of all the swimming and running around? Why don’t you go to the theater for a movie? Disney does have a theater on all of their ships. And they play all of Disney’s latest movies.
- If you have been to the Disney parks, you may well remember Mckkey’s Premium Bars. While you will not be able order these delights from room service, you will be able to get them aboard the ships.
- You are going to get exactly what you want for dinner each night. Do you want two appetizers and two entrees? That will be no problem. Did your kid order something you’ve just got to have to? Your wish is their pleasure.
- With all of this food, you might want a little exercise. Disney holds a 5k on its private island which is called Castaway Cay.
- You will be able to partake in a delicious adult beverage while you are on this island, and the drink will be called the Kook Kooler. Lunch on the island will be beach barbecue.
I’m not certain what the next few days are going to be like. I may be without internet for some of the time. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
Today we are going to start taking a look at some things you need to know when you you set out on one of the most popular cruises around, a Disney cruise.
- Of course, you know to pack the essentials, things like bathing suits, sunscreen, and don’t forget your shades. But you are also want to take a refillable cup for each member of your party, so that you will not spend half your time looking for the water fountains. You might also want to take a few magnetic hooks so that you can hang up wet things. All the walls of your room will be magnetic.
- This is a Disney cruise. You are going to want to meet some of your favorite characters. Go on and book the meet and greets before you leave on your cruise. You will be glad that you did.
- You will also want to book your adults-only dining experiences before you are to leave. You have three nice options to choose from.
- Speaking of adult things, I’m not sure if they have adult beverages on board. However, I do know that you can bring an unopened bottle of wine or six beers with you.
- On a Disney cruise, your waitstaff is going to take the time to get to know you you and your family. And they will follow you each evening of your cruise.
Let’s get back to discussing some more ways you might be able to save money on your next cruise.
- if you are going to need to fly to get to your cruise port, you will want to look at Secretflying.com or TheFlightDeal.com for some great flight deals. The prices on these sites change from day to day, so you will want to check back often.
- I don’t know how you feel about these budget airlines. You might not be comfortable flying on the lesser known airlines, or you might be totally fine with it. If you are comfortable with it, they can save a ton of money airplane flying with them.
- An airline credit card can save you a lot of money in the long run. Go online and find one of these credit cards. Spend money on things you have to buy day to day, and get money you can spend on travel.
- There are exceptions to this for sure, but most the time flying during the middle of the week is going to be the least expensive. You can always find things to do in the port city. Go and have some cheap fun before your cruise even starts.
Let’s face it. Winter can be such a bleak time. True, most of us just got home from our holiday vacations. But if you are thinking of sun and sand, you might want to consider taking a cruise. Today let’s look at some ways you might be able to save money on your next cruise.
- The first thing you need to know is that some cruises may look extremely cheap, if you are likely going to be nickeled and dimed every time you turn around. Other cruises may seem expensive, but these are going to be much more all inclusive in nature.
- You might want to check out VacationsToGo.com. This is a resource that will allow you to compare cruises around the world. See how much of a cruise you can get for your money.
- Do you not care at all where you go, you just want to get away somewhere. Maybe you should try looking at some last minute cruise deals. To do this, again you might want to go to VacationsToGo to see what they might have.
- Do you have someone you love cruising with? Sign up for that cruiseline’s newsletter. They’ll be sure to let you know to you about deals they have.
What are your dreams for 2019? Do they include taking a cruise? Today let’s look at some cruises you might be interested in taking this coming year.
- Royal Caribbean is about to complete their renovations on their private island, CocoCay, and they would love to share it with their guests. They are advertising, “more thrills and more chills” on their new island.
- Harmony on the Seas was once the largest cruise ship, and it’s still pretty close. When it comes to these type of cruises, you are going to find this one to be very inclusive. Yes, taking a cruise on this ship is going to get you a chance to visit the great CocoCay.
- Do you think cruising might not be for you because all you really care about is fashion? Think again. Cunard’s queen Mary, which is almost pretty glamorous in and of itself, is going to do a fashion week. On this cruise, you are going to be meeting some of the world’s most innovative designers.
- Have you always wanted to explore the Amazon River, but would hate to give up your creature comforts? With Avalon Waterways, you are not going to have to choose. Explore the mighty river by day and enjoy a luxurious cruise by night.
Today let’s look at some ways you can save money on a cruise.
- Okay, when you go on an inexpensive cruise, you are going to pay pretty much for the excursions they will offer. Do your research before you leave on your trip, and plan your own excursions. Or if I help plan your cruise, I can help you plan those as well. Are you going to fly to your cruise port?
- Do you want to stay the night before you leave? Do your research and plan everything out. Or again, I will be more than happy to help you plan everything.
- If you are going to fly, thus being without your own transportation? They will want to take the bus. Taxis are pretty much always going to be more expensive.
- Some drinks are going to be part of your meals. Others will not. Be sure you know which is which.