This is where the royal event will take place
There Yesterday we started talking about a trip Trafalgar is putting together in honor of the royal wedding. To see that post, please go to Celebrate the royal engagement?Today let’s look some more of the details.
- On day four you are going to have some options. You are welcome to continue exploring London on your own. Your travel guide will be more than happy to give you suggestions depending on your interests. Or take a tour of Oxford. Here you will see Shakespeare’s house as well as touring Christ’s Church College.
- Day five will give you a more in depth look at Westminster Abbey. This is England’s most famous church building. A lot of her famous people are also buried here.
- Day six you will get to walk through the market. Here your guide will give you a feel of the day of the English. You will also be learning more about where the food comes from and things like that. In the afternoon you will have your choice of free museums to visit.
- Day seven is yours to enjoy however you like. Do the last minute shopping. Revisit your favorite spots. That evening you will be taking a cruise to tell your fellow travelers good-bye.. And on day eight you return home filled with wonderful memories.
I’ve heard that some entrepreneurs take the whole time between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day off. And to be honest, I can kind of understand that. I will work tomorrow and then be off the rest of this week just as way of reminder.
Okay, I love British drama. I can’t decide whether I like Pride and Prejudice or Downton Abbey more. And I also really like The Crown, but I’ve never been one to keep current on the royal family. However, when I saw this piece in the travel news about the royal engagement, I was intrigued. Yes Prince Harry is engaged to an American named Meghan Markle. In honor of this, Trafalgar is setting up a royal tour of England. Let’s look at that today and probably tomorrow as well.
- You will be flying into London your first day. On this day, you will be getting in and settled. And there will be a tea served where you will be getting to know your fellow travelers as well as your tour guide.
- On the second day you will be free to enjoy a leisurely breakfast. After which you will be touring places like Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace. After that you will be free to decide what you want to do the rest of the day. Shop at the famous stores. Explore more on your own. It’s really up to you.
- Day three you will be exploring Windsor Castle. This is one of the places the queen still comes and works. You will spend the entire day here, but will be free for lunch.
I am going to pick this back up tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
Some people may wonder whether this is the best time to go to Europe. After all, they’ve had some bad things happen in the last few years. And to that, part of me wants to say, have you seen what’s going on in the United States lately? There is trouble everywhere we turn, or at least it feels that way to me. We need to pray.. We also need to trust the Lord in whatever we’re doing.
Europe has a lot to offer. Are you a lover of history? Here you will be where the Renaissance took place, as well as the Reformation, and both the World Wars. Love food? Do you like French, German or Italian food better? Do you like art? Some of the greatest art of all time is there. And I think you’re getting the idea.
- No matter what anyone says, a lot of people are going to be pretty skiddish about taking a trip to Europe. And so you are going to find that prices will be down pretty much anywhere you go.
- You are also going to find pretty much anything you want to do to be available. You shouldn’t have to worry so much about long lines or whether or not you can get in certain places.
Have you been to Europe lately? I would love to know your thoughts.
Let’s see. When I tell someone I’m a travel agent, the top three places I’m asked about are Disney, the Caribbean [usually a cruise], or Europe. There’s something so romantic about going to Europe. And we Americans tend of Europe and its people being pretty much like we are. But there are some pretty ssignificant differences. Let’s look at some of those today.
- The first one may be pretty obvious, but Europe has different money than we do. There are nineteen countries who are using the Euro system, and nine who are using currencies of their own. They use different colors on their bills, so you will want to take sometime to familiarize yourself with the currency of thePlace you’ve entered.
- Some places over there want you to pay when you use their facilities, more commonly known here as bathrooms. I have to say that I never ran into this while over there, but I guess I was mostly at a hotel or in a home.. They use the money for the bathroom’s upkeep, and the charge also helps keep people out who just want to sit around there.
- When you order a soft drink at a restaurant or any similar place you are going to get one small bottle and that’s it. You will not receive any free refills here. They don’t understand what that is.
- Europeans are a more relaxed people. Servers are likely not as prompt as they are here. Meals are times to relax and enjoy the people around you. Now I will say that the little cafe our group went to each evening was pretty prompt, but I think we told them we had places to be after the dinners.
I loved my trip if you couldn’t tell. Let me know your thoughts.
A lot of history has been made here, as well as some great art and culture. A lot of parents would love to take their older children to this land, but how do you do that without breaking the bank? Let’s look at some tips that might help.
- Where you stay is always going to be one of your biggest expenses. And in Europe, hotels are pretty strict about having no more than two people in a room. It’s best to look into airbnb in the different cities you’ll be staying. A lot of people in Europe rent out a room, giving you the chance not only to save money, but giving you a glimpse of how families work together over there.
- Food is another big expense. Again, staying with families might take care of least a part of that. You’re like going to be able to eat with your hosts for breakfasts, and maybe even even dinner as well. But Europe also has a lot of bakeries and delis you can buy great food at.
- Europe is a great place to ride trains, and it’s also pretty inexpensive. Here trains run on time. It’s a great way to see the countryside
- Especially when you have children, you do not want to fill your days to the brim. Pick one big thing you are going to do each day , and then go with the flow.
- Europe is going to have a lot of free and inexpensive events. Take advantage of that.
I would love to know your thoughts.
I have a lot I would like to do with my business. I have set up another Facebook account and am trying to meet people and joins business groups. I’m still trying to write articles and get them out..
But today let’s talk about Europe and some ways you may be able to do things less expensively. Okay, I know that Europe is considered one of the hot destinations, it is also considered one of the more expensive. But Europe does not have to be expensive. Some travel agents specialize in European travel. Now let me make it clear, I do not specialize in Europe, but I can ask around and get answers to any questions we have.
Going on a tour is one of the ways you can do Europe cheaper. They have a lot of connections with hotels and things. If you don’t want to travel with a group, at least travel with a friend.
You might also go in the fall when everyone else has left. You’ll still be able to enjoy basically the same weather. You’ll also be enjoying less crowded everything.
Taking a short trip is another way to save money. Go on several shorter trip and you’ll do better..
Usually when we think of river cruising, we think of older people, people that are, or are close to, retired. These people are into educational experience and the arts. They like fine dining and appreciate the option of having a beer or a glass of wine with their meals.
When it comes to pricing, river cruising can be expensive. However, they also tend to be inclusive. For example, you are usually going to get at least one shore excursion, and usually you will get several. River cruises are not known to nickel and dime you like other cruises.
Uniworld is putting together river cruise packages that will be perfect for Millennials that will take place in Europe. These are as short as four days and as long as twenty-two days.
There will be a hundred and twenty guests taken on each boat. You will have a contemporary hotel, restaurant, bar, and night club on this ship. Uniworld is experimenting with this new concept. And we will just have to wait and see how everything turns out. Please let me know if you are interesting in being part of the experiment.
I am going to get back to the Disney stuff, but I thought I’d take a break for today and maybe tomorrow. Europe, probably everyone has questions about whether it is still a safe place to travel. My sister is about to do an exchange study program in Europe, so I have questions about all this too.
The authorities are saying to be cautious and use good sense when traveling in Europe. It is probably best to travel in groups. You should be especially careful during holidays or when places might be more crowded than normal.
However, pretty much everyone is saying that it is still safe to travel to Europe. But be sure to keep up with the latest news before leaving your hotel room for the day. And please, please listen to the authorities if an emergency does come up. The authorities are there to keep everyone safe. And they know how to best do that. This is not a time to see how much you can do on your own.
These are some of the things you should keep in mind when traveling to Europe. Can you think of other things you should do? Please let me know.
It is Friday, and part of me just wants to get through the things I have to do done. And so, of course, my internet is giving me problems. I’m trying to figure that out. I think I am going to be able to do this, so let’s get started for today..
we are going to look more at Avalon Waterways… On these ships you are goingTo have access to a well stocked… Avalon uses local guides. Local guides are going to know more, and take smaller groups. They are also going to know a lot more about the specific area you are visiting.
Avalon does do specialty tours, including beer tours, wine tours, food tours, golf tours, Jewish heritage tours all kinds of things. And on these specialty tours you are going to get everything you would get on a regular cruise, plus all the specialty stuff.
I think I am going to stop here. I would love to know your thoughts on all this. If any questions about Avalon, I would be more than happy to help answer them. And of course I would love to help you book one of these cruises. Please just let me know.
I think everyone knows by now that I have changed host agencies. Host agencies are basically the umbrella company that home based agents work through. So far I have nothing but praise for these people. There is so much I want to be doing these days. I am going to go through some of their destination training and blog about it as a way to kind of kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
Today we are going to be looking at Avalon Waterways. This is a river cruise company, and one of the things that sets them a part is their accommodations. They have some of the largest cabins and balconies in the industry. 75% of their ships are all suite ships. And on these ships, their smallest suite are about 170 square feet. They pride themselves on having the most space everywhere on their ships. Even their bathrooms are big.
Each room is going to have a stocked refrigerator. The maids will come and restock your refrigerator each morning, so you should have no worries about that. They have some upscale hair and beauty products for you to use at no additional charge. Most river cruising is done in Europe, and with Avalon, your morning excursion is included in the price. Please let me know if you are interested in taking a river cruise. We are going to get back to this tomorrow.