When you think of Disney, you think of the most wonderful place on earth for children, way? And while it is true that a lot of what Disney has to offer puts big smiles on children’s faces, Disney also also has plenty that adults will enjoy as well, and I’m not just talking about those adults that never seem to grow up. Today we are going to look at something that may be geared mostly for adults, Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival. This festival started in 1996 and has grown steadily ever since. It used to last only a month, but now it lasts 75 days.
- Have you been to this festival before. Don’t worry. There are always new foods and wines that you can try.
- If you’re like me and have a real sweet tooth, you’ll be happy to know that there will be over 100,000 desserts served.
- You’re more than welcome to explore all the food options which are available online.
- Disney does nothing that isn’t pretty big and meant to awe. For this event, they’ve gathered almost one hundred chefs from eight countries and twenty states. And some of Disney’s own chefs will be included as well.
- And this festival isn’t just about the food, there are workshops, seminars on beverages and cheeses, and a lot of musical performances.
- Disney has something special going on on Sundays here at the festival. The event is called “Sunday Brunch with the Chef”, and will feature all kinds of different chefs.
- Do you enjoy scavenger hunts? Disney puts on a scavenger hunt that will feature Remy from Ratatouille. Completed maps will earn you a prize.
I would love to get your thoughts on any of this. I would also love to help you book a trip Disney.
Foodies love to travel to experience the cuisine of a certain destination. Today we are going to put a twist on that. Let’s look at some places you would want to go if you wanted to give your kids culinary treats.
- Okay, personally I would eat a nice, healthy breakfast and lunch, and maybe grab a slice of New York style pizza before heading to the place known as the “Sugar Factory”, which is in Manhattan. This place will have every confection known to man, and probably some you’ve never heard of. We’re talking cotton candy virgin drinks, s’mores crepes, and something called insane milkshakes. You are going to think you’ve stepped into Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory.
- So maybe you don’t like feeding your children while you’re flying. They can make a real mess, they might not like what is being served, it can be a real headache. But in Colorado Springs they have turned an old Boeing military plane into a restaurant. It is simply called “The Airplane Restaurant”. You are going to be served American classics, and when the kids get restless, you can send them to the cockpit..
- The DuPont Circle has one restaurant called the Firefly. You are going to start your evening by decorating your cookie while you are waiting on your orders. Don’t worry, you won’t be actually eating your cookies before eating your dinner. They are going to take your cookies and bake them while you eat. You probably want to explain that to your children.
- We are discussing restaurants your children will love, right? You might want to go all the way and plan a whole trip around your children and go to Disney world. Have dinner in the Beast’s castle. You might even meet Beast if you’re lucky. What do they serve? The one thing I’m reading about is meatloaf serve in the shape of Mickey’s ears.
- Do your kids like the idea of sitting at the table where your food is cooked, but don’t necessarily like Japanese food? You have to try Slappy Cakes in Portland, Oregon. This is a pancake kid place where you choose your batter, you’ll also choose what you put in your pancakes as well as what you put on top. You will be cooking your own pancakes right at your table.
Please let me know if you’re interested in taking your children on a culinary tour.. I’d love to help you plan something.
Some people go on a cruise because they want to experience different destinations. And a cruise is wonderful way to explore several destinations at once, maybe getting a feel for where you would like to take a longer trip. But some people have no idea what they should do while they are on board the ship. Let me give you some ideas.
- The first thing that comes to mind is to enjoy the water. Cruise ships always have pools. And now they don’t just have pools, they’ll have water parks and things like.
- Most ships are going to have shows for their guests to enjoy. They will have Broadway type shows, movies both in theaters and in your room. They’ll have comedy acts.
- Have a night where the ship doesn’t have a show you want to go to? Try God’s show of stars. You’ll be amazed at how many stars you can see aboard a ship. This makes a nice backdrop for an evening of romance.
- Yes, there is a lot o indulge in if you want to on a cruise. They have a lot of nice buffets, as well as nicer restaurants, bars, and clubs.
- But cruises also know that some people are trying to stay healthy, ever when they do go on a cruise. Most ships are going to have fitness centers, as well as healthy choices on their cruises. Theme cruises are growing in popularity these days, and there are whole cruises planned around getting fit.
- Want to learn something while you’re on your vacation? They have cruises where you can learn all about food and wine. They’ll also have cruises where you will be learning about art, or history. Name what you want study and I should able to find you a cruise.
- Most cruises are going to have plenty of things you can do as a family. But they will also have a lot of ways to keep your children entertained while you and your husband enjoy alone time.
I would love to hear what your favorite part about being on board a cruise ship is.
Hawaii is a place many people want to go to. For many people it is simply a beautiful beach.. Others may want to try their golf. Other people may want to explore Pearl Harbor. But today we are going to talk about what Hawaii has to offer in the way of food.
Food is a big part of our lives. Most people I know tend to eat two to three times a day. Our bodies need the food to turn it into energy we need to live. Eating together is also a good way to enjoy our family or friends. It is nice to have good conversation and relax over our dinner after working all day.. Some people like eating the same things day after day. Other people always like trying something new. And traveling because you love food is becoming more and more popular. People are trying all kinds of new dishes. They are also taking cooking classes, mixeology classes, and exploring vineyards and things like that.
So what does this have to do with Hawaii? The Sheraton Maui recognizes that foodie travel is becoming a popular thing, and they are trying to get in on this segment of the travel industry. For starters, they are going to be offering culinary classes on select Tuesdays in August, and their mixeology classes will be held the following Thursday.
On the culinary side, you will be learning about things like breadfruit. You will also be learning about how the pineapple was introduced to Hawaii. In the mixeology class, you will learn how to make several different drinks and will be enjoying appetizers as well. You will get discounts on certain restaurants when you participate in these classes.
I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
A lot of people are really getting into eating well. They are going organic, and doing a lot of research about the best ways to feed these bodies of ours. If you are someone who loves to eat well, even on vacations, you will want to read on. Playa Hotels and Resorts shares your belief in doing good things for your body, and they are committed to giving you some good options.
- At Hyatt Ziva Cancun, they have a place that does ceviche lunches. It is likely that you are going to find a lot of choices that will help you maintain your diet.
- Hyatt Zilara Cancun has an excellent chef’s dinner. With this, you will be treated to a six course dinner of very fresh food. This dinner changes each evening, as well as with the seasons.
- Hyatt Ziva Puerta Vallarta has stuffed jalepenos that are actually good for you. They are stuffed with tuna instead of your normal cheese and sausage stuffing.
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos has a great Japanese restaurant. The food here is very authentic, there will be a lot of healthy options.
What do you think? I would love to help answer any questions you might have.
People travel for all kinds of reasons. Some people love to take exciting adventures. Some like to meet new people, exploring people. Some like to go just to get a break from their day to day routines. And some people like to travel because they like to experience new foods. Today’s post is going to be for the last group.
You may love to cook and get the recipes of all the dishes you love, but some recipes just can not be perfectly replicated here at home. We may not have all the foods that they will in other countries. And besides, don’t you want to try meals prepared by the great chefs, people who are now experts at preparing the dishes you love? Let’s look at some things you can do to make the most out of your adventure.
- Concierges generally tell guests what has been popular with previous previous guess like or have found interesting. They like to play it pretty safe. Unless you can develop a better relationship with your concierge, and tell him exactly the types of things that you are looking for.
- If you are able to, talk to the locals about some of the restaurants they like and why. This will help you understand their culture more. You might even get invited to eat at their house, this will open your eyes to all kinds of things.
- You will also want to do your research online. There are websites that describe restaurants and what they serve . You will also be able to get a feel for if this is going to be a fancy restaurant or not.
- But if you want to stay in a villa or somewhere nice like that, you will have your choice of whether you want to have your own personal chef. They will be able to cook whatever you want. You’ll likely also be able to have cooking lessons this way.
Please let me know if you re wanting to plan a trip like this. I will be more than happy to help you out.
I have a friend coming tonight, and am just going to see how much I can done in a few hours.
Romantic getaways are nice, even if that means going to a hotel close to where you live just to get some downtime with your spouse.. Below are some amenities you might want to look for in your hotel.
- One thing you might want to look for is chocolate. Some hotel give you some cho
colate, especially around this time of year, or if you say you are having a romantic getaway. You might want to pack some too just in case.
- Most nicer hotels will have champagne available upon request. If you are trying to o things inexpensively, you might want to consider bringing your own.
- Ask if the hotel does breakfast in bed. It’s lovely to have a quiet breakfast where it’s just the two of you.
- Consider asking about a Jacuzzi tub. It can be very nice to take a long, relaxing bath.
- Along those same lines, ask if there is a spa in the hotel or one nearby.
If you have other suggestions, please let me know.
My sister in law came in for a quick visit. She and my brother live out in New Mexico. But she’s back east and stopped by for a couple of hours. So I’m getting a very late start today. I’m It is turning into one of those days where things keep up, things are taking longer than usual, people keep coming by. But anyway, I am going to try to get some work done.
Culinary travel is becoming more and more popular. I mean, who doesn’t like to eat, especially when they are on vacation? People are describing themselves as foodies more and more. So Oceania Cruises has decided to tap into this growing market, and do a culinary cruise along the Mediterranean. And Master Chef Jacques Pepin will be the host of this event.
People who go on this cruise will be able able to go to book signings with the chef. There will also be meet and greets you can attend. And of course, there will also be culinary demonstrations by the host himself. They will have specially designed menus, and lots of ways you can indulge your epicurea side. Please let me know if you are interested in doing something like this. I would be more than happy to help you.
I have to admit that my food tastes are quite childlike. Pizza and hamburgers are still my favorite meals. I love most fast food.. And I absolutely love dessert of most any kinds. I don’t like frozen stuff like ice cream, and I almost never eat hard candy.. I love most things that we Americans do with potatoes… Potato day was actually a couple of days ago. But we are going to look at this today.
French fries.. That is one of America’s favorite foods, so they had to be invented here, right? Wrong! It seems like they were actually invented in Belgium, though I highly doubt they were exactly the same as ours. Belgium was doing their version of french fries before our revolution taken. There are some great french fries to be had in New York City at The Breslin Bar and Dining Room.
Do you prefer tater tots to french fries? Do you know that tots are actually the remnants from making french fries? For the best tater tots, we are going to go to a place in Atlanta, Georgia, which is about a couple of hours from where I live. The restaurant is called The Nook, and they have something called totchoes, which are nachos that are served over tots instead of chips.
Am I making you hungry yet? I know this post is a little different than my usual.. Hope you enjoyed it.
Rejoice with me! I’ve just made another booking. I’ve had people asking me about trips lately, but nothing else has worked out yet. I’ve had to do some maneuvering to get this booking right, and I’m glad it’s working out. So let’s get on to this, so I can get on to some other things.
Back to specialty restaurants on cruise ships… Cunard started the Todd English restaurant on the Queen Mary 2 ten years ago.But this restaurant is still popular with Cunard guestS to this day. With entrees like pan seared scallops, or paella with safron rice, this sounds like the place for those with refined tastes. You can get lunch there for around twelve dollars, and a three-course dinner should cost you around twenty-five dollars.
Let’s not forget Norwegian’s La Bistro which offers French cuisine, and is a favorite among Norwegian’s guests. This is a formal restaurant, which sounds like a great place for you and your husband to enjoy a date night, letting the kids enjoy an evening at the kids’ club. Here you will pay twenty dollars to enjoy the fare..
I am going to stop here because I’m tired. It’s kind of been a long week. But let me know if you are interested in taking a cruise. I will be more than happy to help you.