I’m always talking about multi generational travel, and how good it is for everyone involved. But first, let’s discuss what it is for those that do not know. Multi generational travel is where a mother and father not only take their children on vacation, they also take at least one set of their parents, and maybe some of their siblings and their children as well. With families tending to spread out across the nation, and the world, these trips are a great way to keep families connected. Today let’s look at some safe places you might want to go on your next multi generational trip.
- First of all, there is Ireland. Maybe your family has Irish blood, and everyone wants to take a look at where your ancestors came from. You will love the green pasturelands of this beautiful country. You’l also want to spend one evening in one of the pubs. You will definitely get a taste of Irish culture there.
- Or you might want to try Finland. You will not find many places that you’ll want to hike. And you might be lucky and actually see the sun. But this is one of those very safe countries. This is a wonderful place just to relax. Did you know that France is one of the most visited countries in the world? They have a lot of great culture and art that you will want to explore. You and your family will also enjoy a lot of sightseeing opportunities. And you must try some of their cafe cafes.
- Our United States made it this top ten list at number seven. When asked specifically what multi generational travelers might enjoy, they mentioned our beautiful beaches. Large families can enjoy beach time because there is so much for everyone to do there.
- Does your family love to do sightseeing things together? You might want to try Italy. There is plenty of things everyone will want to try. And of course, everyone will lo
The birthday season is upon us. Do you know what you are doing, where you are going for the holidays? Today let’s start looking at some places you might want to go this time of year.
- Have you ever been to France for Christmas? You might want to try Monaco, France to celebrate the holidays. They have a hotel there called Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo. It looks like this is the place for you if you love chocolate, because they will have a lot to indulge your tastes. They also have some fun activities for kids.
- Is having a white Christmas one of your top priorities? Consider going to the Bavarian Alps in Germany. Schloss Elmau is one of the country’s top resorts, and they have some special things planned for Christmas. On the big day, enjoy live piano music. Later that evening, try some of their cocktails.
- If you are tired of our traditions, go to Peru and experience some of. You will want to go to the Country Club Lima, Peru. You will get to enjoy their tea which features some great pastries. Not a tea person? Try some of their delicious hot chocolate.
- Are you looking for a place a little closer to home? A lot of people absolutely love going to New York City the during the holiday season. Kimpton Muse Hotel is one of the hotels that is offering a special for the season. With the “Picture Perfect Holiday Offer”, you are going to get a shopping experience at Bloomingdale’s where you will have a shopping appointment and receive a gift. You will have a photographer to capture your special moments.
- Are you looking to celebrate with all the fun Christmas traditions? To do this, you will want to go to Dallas. Here you will find a nice replica of the North Pole. Go to school with the elves.. Make slime with the Grinch. You can even get close to the animals in the live nativity.
Sometimes you would like nothing better than to get away from everyone you know and love, and just experience a different side of life for a little while. Knowing myself, I’d probably just hole up somewhere and work. My idea of vacations is to spend good time with people I love. But maybe you want to get away by yourself and do some exploring. Let’s look at some places you might want to consider for a solo trip.
- Paris is the first place they mention on this list. Do you dream of seeing the City of Lights, but maybe your significant other has already been or has no interest in going. There are plenty of cafes to visit when you do want some human interaction. Go see the Eifle tower. Enjoy some of their beautiful parks.
- Or is London more your thing? Maybe you want to take a tour of all the royal palaces without worrying if your little one is going to have a melt down. Take in a play at The Globe. Visit Westminster Abbey. Can’t decide between these first two? Doing both of these on one adventure would be quite easy to pull off.
- Thailand is an incredibly hot destination right now. Perhaps part of that is most everyone loves their food. Solo travelers are going to love Bangkok . You can usually find something pretty interesting going on in their streets. You can also visit some of their shrines and some great outdoor markets.
- Do you just love the Sound of Music? Why don’t you go to Vienna where this amazing story took place? There is a lot of interesting architecture here. And if you are a coffee lover, you are going to find more to love about this place.
- If you are looking for some gorgeous weather, you might want to try Sydney, Australia. This is a fantastic place to just unwind. You can chill out on their beautiful beaches, or enjoy some of their water sports.
xxEurope is one of the places that a lot of people would really like to visit one day. Today let’s start looking at some things you might want to know before you go.
- While the Euro is accepted in a lot of European countries, it isn’t accepted in all of them. England and the Scandinavian countries are countries that use other currencies. You will want to know the currency of the country or country that you are visiting before you leave. There are exchange places pretty much anywhere that you would want to go.
- Europeans see Americans as loud and boisterous. And a lot of times, they’re right. Maybe we’re excited to be in the places we have always dreamed about going. Maybe we think that if we talk loud enough, they may be able to understand us better. Please try to keep the noise level down. They will appreciate it.
- We know that countries like France and England have a lot to offer, and we will explore every part of those countries. But some of the other countries we think of having only one city worth seeing. I would love to know the kinds of things you’re interested in seeing, and be able to help you plan your itinerary. Please let me know if you are interested.
- You will not need to carry around all the cash you may need on your entire trip. Take enough to get you from the airport to your first hotel. They do have ATMs in Europe. Look for a bank that will give you a good rate on international transfers.
I have a confession to make. I absolutely love the holidays that are coming up. However I do not like Halloween, I’m just not into spooky stuff… Now I love Thanksgiving and all the celebration around Christmas. And I will write some posts about holiday stuff to do. But I don’t want to write anything about Halloween, don’t think the holiday is very family friendly.. But anyway.
We are going to talk about France today. I am going to skip Paris because I’ve done a post on that city recently. So let’s talk about Normandy. History buffs are going to love this place. The beaches are still known by their code names from World War II.
You might also want to visit Loire Valley which is about a two hour drive from Normandy. Renting a car is probably the most convenient way to explore France. Loire Valley has A beautiful castle which has some fantastic artwork and a wonderful restaurant.
If you like exploring vineyards, you might want to try Bordeaux. Yes, some of their vineyards are quite expensive, but others are not .
And here’s where a travel agent like me comes in handy.. It can get complicated to make reservations for the different hotels. I can help you figure out what you want to do and how much time you should spend at each place. Let me know if you are interested.
This week has felt crazy to me. I have lots of things I want and need to do with work. But I’ve had internet problems. Things have been kind of crazy with my aides. Different ones are coming and we never are quite sure when they are going to come. And we also have church stuff going on in the evenings. Kind of just doing what I can when I can.
But anyway.. Let’s talk about France.. France may be a popular place to go on honeymoons and other romantic trips, but it is also a great place to take your family. Paris is such a popular place for tourists to go that they’ve developed this city so that you should experience very little culture shock. Everyone should recognize the Eiffel Tower and enjoy getting to see it up close. Notre Dame is also located there, and children will love to see where the Hunchback spent his life. Some places allow children under eighteen to get in free. And of course, there is good food nearly everywhere go.
I am going to stop here and get to some other things. Please let me know if you are interested in going to Paris. I’d be more than happy to help you out..
My sister in law came in for a quick visit. She and my brother live out in New Mexico. But she’s back east and stopped by for a couple of hours. So I’m getting a very late start today. I’m It is turning into one of those days where things keep up, things are taking longer than usual, people keep coming by. But anyway, I am going to try to get some work done.
Culinary travel is becoming more and more popular. I mean, who doesn’t like to eat, especially when they are on vacation? People are describing themselves as foodies more and more. So Oceania Cruises has decided to tap into this growing market, and do a culinary cruise along the Mediterranean. And Master Chef Jacques Pepin will be the host of this event.
People who go on this cruise will be able able to go to book signings with the chef. There will also be meet and greets you can attend. And of course, there will also be culinary demonstrations by the host himself. They will have specially designed menus, and lots of ways you can indulge your epicurea side. Please let me know if you are interested in doing something like this. I would be more than happy to help you.
I’m on and ready to work earlier today, which is always a good thing. I have switched the company I am working for, though I am still Family Trips Inc. When you’re a travel agent working from home, you usually have your own business but are under an umbrella company… I guess that’s the best way to describe it. Anyway, I have initial training to do, and a lot of things to do. So let’s get started.
Back to Mediterranean cruises… There is a French cruiseline called Ponant that is going to be exploring parts of Italy and Greece as well as some smaller countries. This is going to be a seven night cruise. You will have two elegant restaurants to choose from. There are some beautiful suites you can stay in.
Norwegian Cruise Lines, which may be the most reasonably cruise in this list, has a voyage which will explore parts of Italy, France and Spain. On this cruise you will have access to a bowling alley, an adults only beach club, and a comedy club.. Let me know if you are interested in either of these..
We are on the road again. This trip kind of came up last minute.. But I do have internet, so I am going to get some things done.
Sometimes people go on cruises to go and see things. But sometimes people just want to go on cruises just to relax. And days at sea are relaxing. You can sunbathe by the pools there, play games in their gameroom, or take in shows. And of course there are always lots of choices of places to eat on any ships.
The first cruise we are going to look at is Royal Caribbean’s “Nowhere Cruise”. This is a three night cruise so it is not a huge investment of time or money. You will be sailing out of New York City.. Besides all the usual activities, you can go skydiving or attend trapeze school.
If you’ve ever wanted to go “across the pond”, as they say, Celebrity may have just the thing for you. Starting in April 2016, they will have a cruise that will take you eight days just to cross over. You will then be stopping in Spain, Portugal, and France.
I think we are going to look at more of these tomorrow, hopefully I can get internet somewhere. But do let me know if either of these sounds interesting to you.