I’ve been looking into some other business stuff, trying to figure out a good place to send articles to. I would love to find a website that loved my work, and would accept anything I would send. ut I’m just starting out on this journey, sometimes I have to remind myself of that. But I do want to make sure that I get my normal stuff done.
Has anyone ever given you advice, and maybe you accepted it at first. But after a while you started thinking about it, and it just did not sound right? Today we are going to look at some travel advice that you might not want to follow.
- Always stay off the beaten path. You might find that the hotel that is outside the city is less expensive, but then again you might not. There is also the fact that if you do stay outside the city, you are going to have to drive a while to get to the attractions you are going to see. And that is especially true with gas prices as high as they are. And then there is also the question of safety. You might think you’re safer outside the city. But there is safety in numbers, as the saying goes.
- Don’t fall for all those tourists’ traps. Okay, there are reasons that these places are as famous as they are. Most people like to see these things at least once in their lives. Besides it’s kind of nice to be in the hustle and bustle sometimes. You might want to spread the major attractions out so that you don’t feel like you’re sitting in line the whole time, but do see them. Those are the places your friends will ask about once you’re home.
- You will be in constant danger if you visit this place. You never know when something might happen wherever you go. If the place you want to go has health warnings or something like that, there are always precautions you can take. And places that people are afraid to visit because of violence, you can usually come up with ways to avoid the dangerous areas. That is one reason it’s good to book with a travel agent. I can help you figure out what’s safe and what isn’t.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this, even if you disagree. Please let me know.
I have had some other things I wanted to get done today today. I’m trying to figure out a place that will pay me to write travel advice. I want to do this to bring in some money for the business, and hopefully get some more clients. Figuring out when to look at writing jobs is hard. I want to get through everything I feel like I need to do each day, but then I often feel too tired to really concentrate on figuring out the writing jobs. I’m not sure what to do, but I am going to try to figure something out.
One of my sisters is going to Mexico next month… Of anyone in our family, she’s the one who likes to live on the dangerous side. As a travel agent, what I’ve heard is that as long as you’ll stay on the resorts, you should be just fine. But the United States has issued a new travel warning in light of recent events, so let’s take a look at what they’re saying now..
Basically there are certain parts of Mexico that have become unsafe because of violence. People have been asked to stay away from those areas, unless you absolutely have to go there. The big problem is that there have been battles between gangs themselves, and fighting between gangs and the Mexican government. At this point, United States’ citizens are not targeted, but of course you never know what could happen, and it’s wisest not to take that chance.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this or any questions you might have.
Sometimes I have certain things I try to do each day. Obviously I do this each day. I check e-mail. And then I also try to do some training on different kinds of destinations or cruiselines, because what’s out there is pretty much limitless… I must confess that I was not coming up with ideas for this, and I was going to come back to this, but I this training module and thought that this might make a great post
For those that have never met me in person, I’m disabled. I have Cerebral Palsy, and I’m basically unable to do anything for myself. I sit in a wheelchair, and have a communication device that doubles as my computer.
To be honest, I’ve never been on a cruise, have no idea what that would be like. I have heard that going on a cruise might be difficult for me. But that might be changing slowly.
And I should also let you know that the course I am taking is through Norwegian Cruise Lines, so we will want to keep that in mind as well.
Here are some things we will want to keep in mind.
- Norwegian has wider hallways and bigger bathrooms making it easier for people in wheelchairs.
- Service pets are allowed on board ships. Norwegian follows the guidelines written up by the ADA.
- Many stateroom are going to have refrigerator in them so that you will be able to keep your medications. If you know you are going to need a refrigerator, all you really need to do is to say something to me.
- Norwegian does reserve the right to say that they don’t think they can accommodate your specific disability. We will need to contact them up front to ask if they are going to be able to accommodate you. This is something I can work on for you.
- I think we are going to get back to this tomorrow. I would really love to know your thoughts about all of this.
Some people go on a cruise because they want to experience different destinations. And a cruise is wonderful way to explore several destinations at once, maybe getting a feel for where you would like to take a longer trip. But some people have no idea what they should do while they are on board the ship. Let me give you some ideas.
- The first thing that comes to mind is to enjoy the water. Cruise ships always have pools. And now they don’t just have pools, they’ll have water parks and things like.
- Most ships are going to have shows for their guests to enjoy. They will have Broadway type shows, movies both in theaters and in your room. They’ll have comedy acts.
- Have a night where the ship doesn’t have a show you want to go to? Try God’s show of stars. You’ll be amazed at how many stars you can see aboard a ship. This makes a nice backdrop for an evening of romance.
- Yes, there is a lot o indulge in if you want to on a cruise. They have a lot of nice buffets, as well as nicer restaurants, bars, and clubs.
- But cruises also know that some people are trying to stay healthy, ever when they do go on a cruise. Most ships are going to have fitness centers, as well as healthy choices on their cruises. Theme cruises are growing in popularity these days, and there are whole cruises planned around getting fit.
- Want to learn something while you’re on your vacation? They have cruises where you can learn all about food and wine. They’ll also have cruises where you will be learning about art, or history. Name what you want study and I should able to find you a cruise.
- Most cruises are going to have plenty of things you can do as a family. But they will also have a lot of ways to keep your children entertained while you and your husband enjoy alone time.
I would love to hear what your favorite part about being on board a cruise ship is.
When a lot of people think of vacations in the summer, they think about going to the beach. I know the beach is beautiful and a lot of fun. But it can also be messy and a pain if you don’t do things right. Today we are going to look at some things that may help your whole experience go better.
- The problem with taking coolers to the beach is that they’re heavy and often awkward to carry. Take juice boxes and freeze them at night. And then when you go to the beach, they can help keep other things cold. And the bonus is, the juice boxes will make excellent slushies.
- Have littles that might not be ready for the ocean, but still want to play in the water? Bring a baby pool for them to play in. It will be much easier for you to keep an eye on them, and it will also probably be more relaxing for everyone.
- Love the beach, but hate the sand? Bring your baby powder. Rubbing powder wherever you wetter get sand is a great way to get all the nasty stuff to come off.
- Have you wanted a tattoo but have been afraid to get one? Do a sunscreen design on yourself. It won’t be permanent, but much maybe that is a good thing.
- Bored at the beach? Give yourself a spa day. Paint your nails. Do a facial. Give yourself a hot oil treatment. This works even better if you have friends who want to work on each other.
- But you will want to be careful about how much sun you actually get. use sunscreen and take your beach umbrella. And a beach vacation is the perfect time to catch up on your favorite shows or movies.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this.
I have to be honest, what I wrote yesterday got me curious about the whole concept about this. So that’s why we are going to look at this more today.. Sadly for many couples, getting married is not some huge change in their lives. They have been living together before marriage, and so going on a vacation together may not seem all that special, even if they do go to some exotic place. Friends, and even family, can make the trip even special.. Okay, let’s look at some etiquette for these things.
- Unless bride and groom are rich or extremely popular, they are not going to invite everyone they know. It is best not to talk to anyone about it until you know they have been invited.
- Remember that this is the couple’s honeymoon and let them have their privacy. They are going to need their own suite, and you probably should keep out of there.
- The couple wants to spend time with you, they wouldn’t have invited you if they didn’t. But they are going to want privacy as well. Be respectful of that. Hopefully you are going to know and enjoy the other people in the group.
- With that said, it really does help everyone when the couple makes a schedule. This will help clear up any miscommunications.
- The group also want to be considerate of other couples. Who knows? This trip might produce another engagement which might lead to another buddymoon.
Let me know your thoughts on this.
Being kicked off a cruise is something that does happen from time to time. Sometimes it’s your fault. Sometimes it’s nothing you can not control. Here are some things you should avoid if you can.
- Cruises can kick you of if you get really sick. Now I’m not saying if you get a cold you are going to get thrown out. This is mainly in cases where the ship’s doctor can not treat you. You will be helicoptered to a hospital.
- They will also have you leave if you fail to attend you a muster drill. They’re giving you important information at these meetings. Please go to one. They will not be able to tell if you’ve gone to a hundred others , and frankly, they do not care.
- The people on the islands are going to try to sell you all kinds of things, including things that are illegal. Be very careful about what you buy. You do not want to get caught with anything illegal.
- And do not skip the security lines. I don’t care if you have contraband or not, skipping lines always make you you look suspicious.
- For some reason, cruises do not like terrorists threats or anything like that. This is not something you should do if you get bored one afternoon. They have to take things like this very seriously because they have so many People on board.
I think we are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. Please let me know your thoughts.
I know it is Memorial Day I have plans with friends later on in the day. But things are pretty quiet around here right now, so I figure I might as well get some things done.
The beach. When a lot of people think of summer vacation, they think of heading to the beach. Beach are places people like to go to have fun in the sun. Most people love playing in the water and relaxing in the sand. Today let’s look at some lesser known beaches.
- The first one we are going to look at is on the Big Island in Hawaii. The place is called Waipi’o Valley. This doesn’t sound like the place to swim. Rather it is a beautiful place to take walk, or go four-wheeling.
- If your family likes a wide variety of beach activities, you might want to try Rehobeth Beach in Delaware. This is a popular beach, and like a lot of beach towns you are going to find nice restaurants, good shopping, and parks and museums to explore.
- Looking to mix some history into your vacation? Why don’t you try St. Augustine, Florida? This place does have some beautiful beaches. And as the United States’oldest city, you will also have museums and other historic sites available to you.
- Or are you looking for a quieter beach in Virginia? Try Sandbridge Beach. Here find a lot of nice places to stay. And you can still go to the busier Virginia Beach as little or as often as you’d like.
I would like to know your thoughts about this.
When Mom and I went on our trip, the first full day we were there we had no real plans, so one of the things we did was go to the grocery store. It was a small store, bigger than a convenience store but much smaller than the stores we have here.. And when we went to Jerusalem, we made a couple of trips to their market. Now that place was huge. And they had a bunch of stalls with all kinds of things. Today let’s look at some reasons you might want to visit a grocery store when visiting a foreign country.
- Going to the grocery store gives you an understanding of the food in the place you’re visiting. You will get a feel for what’s fresh and whats ‘not.Their pricing will also tell you about which foods are easily had there.
- Visiting a grocery store also allow you to watch how the locals shop and live. Few people are thinking about putting on an act here. The agenda is always to get the food you need, maybe catch up with the neighbors.
- This will also help you get to know their language. You can see a lot of the food inside these packages and can read their names.
- Buying food there is going to save you a god bit of money rather than eating in restaurants the whole time. You might want to get stuff for breakfast and lunch and then eat dinners out.
- This is also a great way to get souvenir. We I know we got several gifts for my family from the market.
A lot of people are really getting into eating well. They are going organic, and doing a lot of research about the best ways to feed these bodies of ours. If you are someone who loves to eat well, even on vacations, you will want to read on. Playa Hotels and Resorts shares your belief in doing good things for your body, and they are committed to giving you some good options.
- At Hyatt Ziva Cancun, they have a place that does ceviche lunches. It is likely that you are going to find a lot of choices that will help you maintain your diet.
- Hyatt Zilara Cancun has an excellent chef’s dinner. With this, you will be treated to a six course dinner of very fresh food. This dinner changes each evening, as well as with the seasons.
- Hyatt Ziva Puerta Vallarta has stuffed jalepenos that are actually good for you. They are stuffed with tuna instead of your normal cheese and sausage stuffing.
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos has a great Japanese restaurant. The food here is very authentic, there will be a lot of healthy options.
What do you think? I would love to help answer any questions you might have.