Did you know New Year’s is one of the most popular times to get engaged? If you and your significant other have decided that this is the year that you are going to take the plunge and get married, we are going to take a look at some popular honeymoon destinations you might want to consider for your special trip.
- Do you and your future husband just love wildlife? You might want to go to Africa and watch the animals in their natural habitat. Not sure you want to spend your honeymoon camping out? They do have some nice resorts in Kenya.
- Or are you looking for a great spa resort? You may be interested in learning more about healthy eating. You may also want to vineyards to do some wine tastings. You could also want to see the glitz and glamor of Hollywood. If this sounds like your ideal trip, go to California.
- Especially if you live in the Southeastern United States, you might want to consider going to Florida for your honeymoon. You will find plenty to see and do there. Love amusement parks? This state certainly has its share of those. You are also going to love their beautiful beaches.
- Thailand is becoming an extremely popular place to go visit. Maybe part of the reason is that everyone loves their food. But honeymooners in particular will love their beaches. You may also enjoy their wide variety of water sports.
I know that some people say that Mexico is not a safe place to travel to. But what the experts are saying is that as long as you stay within the confines of the resort area that you should be perfectly safe. And from what I hear, Mexico makes a perfect place for romance. It has some absolutely beautiful beaches here. Mexico also has some excellent resorts, with some exquisite cuisine. Today let’s look at some places in Mexico that you might want to consider for your next romantic getaway.
- The Riviera Maya would make a fantastic choice. Here you will find beautiful beaches, some that are quite secluded. This is a great place to have a wedding or renew your vows. You can also explore ancient Mayan ruins.
- Cancun has an excellent reputation when it comes to honeymoons. Or would you rather do your actual wedding here? Having a destination wedding is something that is extremely popular to do here, and they have everything you might need to plan your special day. You’ll also find some beautiful beaches and excellent resorts in this area.
- Ever dreamed of exchanging your vows underwater? Cozumel is one of the few places that will allow you to do that. You won’t have trouble finding anywhere you want to go, and most of it is within easy distance. You can spend your days scuba diving, playing golf or tennis, or exploring ruins. And there will be plenty of evening entertainment as well.
- Los Cabos is the perfect place to plan a romantic getaway any time of the year. This is one place where the desert meets the sea. Want to be pampered at every turn? Los Cabos is your place.
- San Migual De Allende has been voted “best city in the world” two years in a row. This is another excellent choice for a destination wedding. Again you’ve find everything you might need right here.
If you are someone who has always dreamed of going on a cruise for your honeymoon? This is one way that you would be able to exploring a certain part of the world without having to worry about any of the logistics. On a cruise, you are going to have your lodging. [On a honeymoon, I think that you would want to get a suite or something a little nicer than an inside room.] All your meals are going to be provided for you. You will also likely have all the entertainment you are going to want right there on the ship. Today let’s look at some cruises you might want to consider for your honeymoon.
- The first cruise we are going to look at is Paul Gauguin. The cruises that they recommend for honeymooners to go to places like Tahiti and Bora Bora. You are going to find luxury on these cruises. For starters, the ships hold less than four hundred guests, so you will receive a high level of service, and also will have more privacy than on the mass market ships. You will have a special Polynesian celebration of your marriage. You will get one free 8×10 portrait. Other people are also free to give you gifts for more on board credit that you can use for things like couple’s massages and shore excursions. They will also give you a bottle of champagne.
- Windstar also has some amazing cruises for those on their honeymoon. They recommend a Mediterranean voyage for honeymoons. Windstar usually has no more than three hundred and fifty guests. Their honeymoon packages come at an extra cost to you. The Honeymooner Romantic Bon Voyage package includes a bottle of champagne, chocolate strawberries and breakfast in bed. That costs $160. Their Just For Us package includes everything in the previous package AND another bottle of champagne and caviar served in your room. That would cost $350. Their Pure Pampering package includes a dozen roses, a bottle of sparkling wine, afternoon tea and dessert, and massages. This will cost you $400.
We will continue this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
Summer is not only a great time to go on vacation, it’s also a great time to go on a great honeymoon. Maybe you’ve spent months or maybe longer than that planning your wedding. Maybe you and your guy have just decided to get married and want to marry and go on your special trip soon. Or maybe you have gotten married but haven’t gone on your honeymoon yet. Whichever is the case, I would love to be the one to help you plan your trip. Please let me know if you are interested. Today let’s look at some of the things you’ll need to think through when planning a vacation like this.
- I know that sometimes a groom wants to surprise his bride with their honeymoon. But this is one trip some people spend most of their lives dreaming about. Please discuss your hopes for this so you can meld your expectations.
- Your honeymoon is a special trip, probably the first big trip you’ve taken as husband and wife. It is usually wise to start planning this trip months in advance so that you will get exactly what you want. This is also the way to get the best price. And please be specific about what you want. Don’t just say you want a beach trip when what you really want is a trip to Cancun.
- Another thing that you will want to be sure to figure out is your honeymoon. You do not want to be fighting about money on your trip. If money is tight, consider asking for help. Maybe you can ask for money instead of gifts.
- Newly married couples tend to hang out together, so the chance are that you have heard about your friends’ trips. And while it may be tempting to copy your friends’ glorious times, make sure that this trip is about you and your new spouse, and the things you like to do together. You don’t want to do something just because everyone else is doing it.
- And it might be best not to book an important trip like this by yourself. Yes, you are going to want to do some of your own research. But sometimes people can paint a beautiful picture online, but the reality isn’t so pretty. Please ask me to help you. I get commission when I book a trip for you. I can ask ask questions, both of you and your hubby, and of the places you’re considering to make sure everything is going to be right. I am going to be asking about your dreams and your budget, as well as a lot of things in between. I would love to help you plan something.
Today we are going to look at favorite honeymoon destination in each of our fifty states. I’m not sure if we’ll get through all fifty. We will see what happens.
- Let’s start with Alabama. If you would like to have your honeymoon here, you might want to try Gorham’s Bluff. At first glance, this is an absolutely beautiful place that looks like it is very peaceful. When it comes to c accommodations, you can choose whether you want to stay in their lodge or in one of their cottages for extra privacy. And this place sounds like an excellent place to eat if you like southern cuisine. Each morning you will be given a made to order breakfast. You will be given a gourmet boxed lunch to take on your adventures, except on Sundays when they will prepare you a nice Sunday dinner in the dining room. And dinner is always a four course affair.
- They say that the best way to experience Alaska is by doing a cruise. And the people writing this article recommend Windstar. Windstar offers an intimate experience, small ships allow you you to have a much higher level of service. Alaska is beautiful country where you will see all kinds of wildlife.
- In California you might want to try the resort Enchantment. This property is set on seventy acres. Whether you decide to stay in a single bedroom or in a suite, you are going to find comfort at every turn. You will have your choice of several very nice restaurants when it comes time to eat. This may be one of the nicest places to stay if you are interested in visiting the Grand Canyon. You can also enjoy playing tennis or golf.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. We’ll get back to this whenever I can.
What you want to do on your honeymoon mostly depends on who you are as a couple and what you like to do together. Taking a look through these suggestions may give you some ideas if you need them.
- Some people go all out on their weddings and do not have much to spend on their honeymoons. And instead of foregoing that special trip all together, they decide to go later. They may do something very simple and quiet the first few Rdays of their marriage. And then together they can save for a nicer trip on down the road.
- Some couples like to just relax together. Others are all about taking adventures together. Adventure travel is a popular thing to be part of. You just need to figure out where you want to go and what you want to do.
- Do you and and your future spouse just love eating together? Foodie travel is another trend in travel these days. There are cruises dedicated to food and learning more about. On these type trips you will have the opportunity to be part of cooking classes, wine tastings and things like that.
- The honeymoon may be the one time couples may feel like they can splurge on their vacation. I’ve actually heard of some using “Go Fund Me”, to pay for their trip. So where have you always wanted to go that you never dreamed you’ll be able to? This is the perfect time to splurge on luxury.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
I have several things I would like to get to today. We’ll see how much I can get done today and tomorrow. Let me do this first so I’ll know that it is done.
As a travel agent, part of my job is to keep up with travel trends. And since my niche is is family travel, and I believe that marriage is the basis for the families, I like looking at honeymoons. Besides I would love to start planning more honeymoons. So today let’s look at some trends in this area.
- People like the idea of getting back to nature. A lot of people like making sure that they eat what is grown right around them. And some couples have decided to go help out on a farm for their honeymoon. That seems a little weird to me, but whatever the couple wants.
- Remember that summer you took that road trip adventure? Why not try that with your new spouse? This will give you plenty of time to talk and make plans for your marriage. You will also learn more about each other as the two of you decide where to stop along the way. Now most couples like to stay in nicer places for their wedding trip, so you might want to plan where you will stop each evening.
- Some couples want to go on a cruise for their honeymoons. Others do not be on a ship with thousand of other people for this special trip. The alternative would be to go on a luxury cruise, which usually take less than a hundred passengers. On these you will get an unparalleled level of service.
I think we are going to get back to this tomorrow. Please let me know your thoughts.
I have to be honest, what I wrote yesterday got me curious about the whole concept about this. So that’s why we are going to look at this more today.. Sadly for many couples, getting married is not some huge change in their lives. They have been living together before marriage, and so going on a vacation together may not seem all that special, even if they do go to some exotic place. Friends, and even family, can make the trip even special.. Okay, let’s look at some etiquette for these things.
- Unless bride and groom are rich or extremely popular, they are not going to invite everyone they know. It is best not to talk to anyone about it until you know they have been invited.
- Remember that this is the couple’s honeymoon and let them have their privacy. They are going to need their own suite, and you probably should keep out of there.
- The couple wants to spend time with you, they wouldn’t have invited you if they didn’t. But they are going to want privacy as well. Be respectful of that. Hopefully you are going to know and enjoy the other people in the group.
- With that said, it really does help everyone when the couple makes a schedule. This will help clear up any miscommunications.
- The group also want to be considerate of other couples. Who knows? This trip might produce another engagement which might lead to another buddymoon.
Let me know your thoughts on this.
I know I’ve said this before, and I know I’ll say it again, but the travel industry is hug. And I’m learning something new every single day.
For example, I’ve never heard of a buddymoon before… Everyone has heard of a honeymoon. There’s also something called a babymoon. It’s a trip a couple takes before their baby comes. But a buddymoon is when a couple decides to take their friends on their honeymoon with them. Believe it because not, this is becoming more and more of a popular thing. Couples like taking their best friends on their special trip.
Now the couple will not want you around the entire time. After all, this is their honeymoon. But you can expect to do some dinners together as a group. There will also likely some group day trips.
Obviously, buddymoons work great when couples do a destination wedding. Couples might also choose to do a quiet ceremony and have a few days of privacy before their friends join them on the trip. And hopefully, you will know at least some of the other people that are going and can enjoy your time with them.
Have you heard of something like this? Have you been on anything like this? I would love to hear your thoughts.
I need to apologize. I’ve been around family and friends this week. I know I will want to take time off later this year, so I’m trying to do the basics, and so I’m kind of rushing trough.. That is why my posts have been shorter.
I have been talking to two brides. There is a lot to plan when it comes to planning a wedding. And I can help not only with planning your honey, but also with getting a place for your guests to stay the weekend of your event. Please let me know if you want my help.
- I know you are trying to figure out so many different things. The thing is, you can make your travel arrangements well in advance so that you can get that taken care of before you get really busy.
- Have some idea on how much you want to spend on your special trip. Are you going to try to have family and friends help pay for your trip? Again, ask them early on so you can get an idea of a budget together.
- Talk about your expectations of your special trip as a couple. This is a special trip, one you may have dreamed of most of your life. You will want to get your expectations out in the open.
- This is a time you may want to consider using your reward points. Check out what different resorts have to offer, sometimes they will do special things for a honeymoon couple.
- And remember, you do not need to go on your honeymoon right after your wedding. You may need to get back to work because you took time off planning everything. You may be too tired to do much except sleep those first few days. Or you might get a much better deal putting your special trip off.
These are just some ideas from an article I’ve read. I would love to know your thoughts.