We have b and Expedia have decided to join forces and make the whole booking process much simpler. een looking at cruises a lot lately. Let’s do something a little different today.
New Orleans is the latest city to put the nix on airbnb. They join San Francisco and New York City to name a few. Some of their citizens are all for this ban. Airbnb raises property taxes, have negative effects on the city’s historic districts, and tend to push out the working class people. But other people feel like the government should not shut this down. After all, this is a good source of income for some people.
If you are looking for something similar to airbnb, you should consider inns. Sounds nice and old fashioned, doesn’t it? Inns will have limited numbers of rooms which will give you some more privacy. Inns are also going to offer you limited food and drink choices. Basically inns are the older models for for boutique hotels.
And speaking of boutique hotels, Kimpton is putting one of their hotels in Miami. This is going to make their fifth hotel in Florida.
Marriott and Expedia have decided to join forces and make the whole booking process much simpler.
One of the things a lot of families dream of doing this summer is visiting Disney World. Though I have to say that going to Disney during the summer months is usually something you’ll want to avoid if you can. Summer is by far the busiest time for Disney World because everyone is out of school. If you do decide to go during the summer, I would say that you almost have to stay in one of Disney’s resorts. For one thing, staying at the parks is the only way you can GUARANTEE that you will have a way to get into their parks. Staying in their resorts is also going to get you discounts at Disney Springs, advance reservations into all their restaurants on property, advanced tee times at their golf clubs. And of course, there are also the Magic Hours available at select Disney parks. Today let’s look at some of what the different resorts have to offer.
- It sounds like their newest renovated hotel is simply named the B Resort and Spa. Because of it being recently renovated, it is decorated pretty nicely. You are going to also find several different culinary options, and there is a spa you can relax in.
- Do you want to see the fireworks each night, but maybe not from right up close? You might want to try Best Western Lake Buena Vista. This hotel has eighteen floors. Enjoy the display from the comfort of your room. Each room they have looks out over Disney Springs There are two restaurants and a heated swimming pool.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton is Disney’s suite-only hotel. They offer one and two bedroom suites where families can spread out and relax when they aren’t at the parks. Each suite is going to have a living room and dining area. Hilton Orlando Buena Vistaa Palace will have all kinds of dining options, including a character dining experience. They have two pools and a floating lagoon.
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is for you if you and your kids love the water. You will find two heated pools, a Jacuzzi, and a kiddie pool. All of these make great places to relax after long days at the parks. Here you will have seven restaurants to choose from.
- Holiday Inn Orlando is very family friendly. That kind of seems silly to say because we’re talking about Disney. But this hotel does have kids-eat-free which a lot of families will appreciate. And it sounds like you can access their wifi from pretty much anywhere in the hotel. You will also be able to enjoy some pool time here. And finally,
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista has several different dining options. You are going to find a pool bar and grill, a twenty-four hour cafe, a full service restaurant, and room service. You will love their water park.
Today we are going to start by taking a closer look at some of Wyndham’s specific hotel brands and what they have to offer.
- Let’s start with what they call their hotels for business travelers. Wyndham wants to feel like their hotels are your home away from home. They are, of course, going to provide you with great internet at these hotels. They also provide great comfort. Wyndham has done its research, and they’ve found that you’d like the ability to extend your stay, even on business trips. They know you want free breakfasts, fitness centers at these hotels. These are hotels like TRYP by Wyndham, Wyndham Hotels and resorts, and Dolce Hotels and Resorts.
- Next we are going to look at Family Travelers. Family travel is only growing in popularity. Parents want to give their children new opportunities. And we all know how popular multi generational travel is becoming. The hotels in these brands are going to feature free wifi and free breakfast. And where are these hotels? Practically anywhere that you might like to go. These are hotels like the Wyndham Grand, Dazzler Hotels, and Esplendor Hotels.
- Wyndham is also reaching out to Millennials. They know that to Millennials it is important to stay connected to the world, it is important to have great food choices, and it is also important to experience the local culture. And so Wyndham tries to deliver all three with these properties. With Wyndham, some of the properties fall into more than one category. TRYP by Wynham falls under the Millennial group too. And you will also have Wingate by Wyndham, and Wyndham Garden.
- And finally, there is Romance Travel. Couples are finding more excuses to travel together, and Wyndham wants couples to stay with them as well. This type of hotel offers excellent spas and some fantastic cuisine. Brands in this group are Wyndham Grand and Dolce Hotels and Resorts.
There is a lot I’m trying to figure out, both with work stuff and personally. So I’m glad to be able to write this blog as I’m going through these travel agent courses. I feel like I am accomplishing more, and the bonus is that I’m working through, and passing, a lot of these courses. It’s definitely a win/win in my book.
Today we are going to take a look at Wyndham, which is one of the fastest growing hotel chains in the world. There is an average of two Wyndham properties opening each day. And before you stop reading because you think of Wyndham as a luxury brand and you tend to stay in less expensive hotels, this company has over twenty different brands. Among these are hotels like Ramada, Travelodge, and Days Inn to name a few.
Okay, so who is Wyndham exactly? First, they like to keep things simple. They try to provide you with all the comforts you want in the places you want to be. And they hope to make you comfortable in any of their hotels, no matter what you paid. They strive to give you a great memory of your hotel experience with them. They’re generous. Most of their properties have free wifi and free breakfast. They also have a very generous rewards program. And finally, they know that Americans are finding more reasons to travel, from your once in a lifetime honeymoon, to family gatherings and girlfriend getaways. And this hotel group wants to be part of all those experiences.
Let’s look a little more at their rewards program. Like I said earlier, this is one of the most simple programs out there. For 15,000 points, you can stay free at any of their participating properties. For every qualified stay, you earn ten points for every dollar spent. You can also earn points by using a Wyndham Rewards Visa Card, or by renting a car through Budget or Axis.
I think I am going to stop here for now, and get back to this tomorrow. As usual, I would love to know your thoughts on any of this.
Have you ever had things you wanted, and needed, to do, but you kept putting them off? Well, that’s been me. I kept doing the things that I had to do each day, thinking that I would get to the other projects. But then I would always be too tired to start on anything. Today I’ve started on the bigger projects first, and feel like I’ve gotten a lot done already.
Today let’s look at some random news stories that are effecting travel today.
- First, Marriott has dropped its commission from the standard 10% to just 7%. Many travel agents are not happy bout it and are encouraging their guests to book other hotels. Personally I think that is kind of silly and may be trying to join Marriott soon.
- Marriott is also buying a property in Vegas that has been closed since 2009. The plan is to fix this place up into a really nice resort. There will be entertainment and several restaurants right there on the property. Of course, you’ll also be on the Vegas strip.
- A lot of resorts in Vegas are charging more on their resort fees, because they can and because it’s simply more money in their pockets. Part of the reason is, they’re upgrading their wifi. Many people are choosing to stay in hotels rather than these resorts.
- I would love to hear your thoughts about any of this. Please let me know.
This is a time look back on the past year, but it’s also a time to look to the future. In that vein, let’s take a look at what the future might look like for hotels.
- People seem to be pretty uncomfortable with the idea of turn down. Generations tend to go back and forth on how much they value their privacy. And these days it looks like most people see this service as kind of weird.
- But as most anyone can imagine, technology is extremely popular. Some hotels are experimenting with showers that remember your preferred water temperature, digital art that can be replaced with your personal pictures, and mirrors that can play yoga videos. We may see these changes as early as 2018. Front desks might be a thing of the past too. Hardly anyone pays for a hotel with cash anymore. Personally I would still like to see a friendly face at the hotel. But some hotels will be trying to figure this out shortly as well.
- Hotels are also taking note of the emphasis on wellness. They are going to be offering a lot of fitness classes.
I would love to know some of your ideas for the future of hotels. Please let me know.
Maybe it’s because I’m a travel agent, but I seem to notice TripAdvisor’s stickers in a lot of shops and restaurants. I even saw it when I on my big trip. So I know that this travel website has this huge reach. So when they call a resort, “Among the ten top resorts in the Caribbean”, we might wants to listen to them. So let’s take a look at what this place has to offer.
This all-inclusive resort is set in forty acres of a lush garden. If you choose to stay in the hotel itself, you will get a view of their beautiful beach. You will also be able to choose between a room and a suite. But are you looking for the utmost in privacy? You will want to try one of their cottages which are all right beside their lagoon. The cottages will also have their own plunge pools.
There are three full service restaurants on this resort. You will be able to choose between a buffet or a la carte breakfast. All lunches will be a la carte, and it looks like dinner will be the same. They have one Caribbean restaurant that is pretty nice and will allow you a nice quiet dinner. There is also a restaurant that is more like a grill place and is, of course, much less formal.
But okay, besides eating and sleeping, what is there to do? Well, they have some great beaches , a lovely pool, and since they have water, there are all kinds water sports. They have a fitness center and tennis courts. They also have a library.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this. I would also love to help you book any trips.
For years when you went to a place where you didn’t have friends or family in the area, you had little choice but to book a hotel. But back in 2007, things started to change. Two guys couldn’t afford their rent and so they decided to try putting an air mattress on their living room floor as way to earn some extra cash. They had this idea in 2007, and apparently they had a good idea, because the business grew quickly, becoming a place where people could rent anything from a room to a whole house.
Well, this is starting to really cut into the hotel industry’s business. And so, starting this past year, the hotel industry has started a campaign to end airbnb. Their strategy is to have a series of laws passed that will harm airbnb. They are using some of the horror stories from airbnb to bolster their efforts.
But airbnb is not going to go down without a fight. One of the big charges airbnb makes against hotels is that they are always charging more during peak seasons. The smaller company is saying that it is saving consumers tons of money during those times.
The hotel industry’s response is that airbnb can do all their business without the regulations that hotels have to deal with… I would love to have you weigh in with your own thoughts on this.
Sometimes look at the news and know exactly what I want to write about. Other times , like today, I go through and find several different stories I want to write about.
The first story we are going to look at is not pretty, but this is something we can not close our eyes to. Sex trafficking is a problem, even here in the United States. Someone who gotten out of that industry started an online petition earlier this year, and this has led to a bill being introduce d to the New York legislature. The bill would apply to every lodging establishment in the state.. Okay, we need to get something like this to the United States Congress.
I know that Trump is cracking down on foreign visitors. But the hotel industry is still building. There are a lot of hotels that are about to be built or added on to.. And I think that is a good thing. Even if we do not have foreigners visiting, Americans themselves need to start taking more vacations.
I must confess that I have never been a huge pet lover. We’ve never had dogs, well, some of my siblings have dogs, and I can tolerate them. But some people absolutely love their pets and wouldn’t dream of going on vacation without them. The good news is that more hotels are becoming pet friendly. Pets are actually going to get their own beds. They are going to have their own menus. Sometimes hotels even offer pet room service. And what’s a vacation if all you do is sit in your hotel the whole time? Some of these hotels are going to have lists of pet friendly attractions as well.
So what are the things you are looking for when it comes to looking for a hotel? I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
f you’re wanting to go see our nation’s capitol, now would be a great time to go because it is beautiful with cherry blossoms. Today lets look at some hotel packages that are available.
- First, let’s look at the Mandarin Oriental Washington D.C. This place has been recently renovated and has been designed for comfort and rejuvenation. You are going to be on the water at this place. They have a package that will be available through May twenty-fourth, and you can get this whenever you stay more than two nights. You will get a hanami style picnic for two. You will also get breakfast each day of your stay.
- The Rosewood Washington D.C. is located in Georgetown, and again, this place is designed for relaxation after your days of touring. You are going to get breakfast for two each morning. You will also get a tour of the city, and a kite-flying kit.
- If you stays at the Hay-Adams, you will be staying near 1600 Pennsylvania avenue, which is where the first family lives. Here you will get a nice pastry. You will get a full American breakfast each morning of your stay. You will have to stay three nights to get this package.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of these. Let me know your questions.