it is Labor Day. Nearly everyone who isn’t in school already will start tomorrow. Summer is officially over, although technically autumn will not start for another twenty days or so. It is time to get back to our normal work-a-day routines.. But wait, you say, we didn’t really get a summer vacation, we were too busy, or maybe you just do not like crowds and want to take a vacation when no one else is around. Whichever the case, below are some destinations you might want to take a look at.
- And the first one we are going to take a look at is Bald Head Island, North Carolina. If you are looking for a quiet beach, this is the perfect place to go. The 160 residents have agreed to not even have cars on the island. You will be free to swim, even as it gets cooler outside. There are also some great golf courses and places to watch birds.
- I personally love reading about the Amish, and one of the large gathering places for the Amish is in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Do you want some real quiet? Go here. These people aren’t allowed to have cars, radios, tvs, or anything like that. They do sometimes run bed and breakfasts, and I can tell you that their food sounds scrumptious. This is a great place to shop for antiques, and to learn something of what farm life was like one hundred years ago.
- Have you always wanted to go to Octoberfest, but aren’t quite sure you want to go all the way to Germany? Try going to Leavenworth, Washington.. This place is set up like a Bavarian village, and in October, you are going to get all the authentic cuisine and imported beer you want. This is a nice village to visit any time of the year.
- Looking for beautiful fall leaves? Try Mackinac Island, Michigan. This is another place that will take you back in time. This place is especially known for its Victorian architecture, its beautiful fall foilage, and its fudge..
- Mill Valley, California is near the great city of San Franciisco, and will attracts those that love great outdoors. This place has gorgeous mountains. You will also love the Red Wood. There are also some interesting shops and great restaurants.