Let’s get back to our discussion on how to plan your first cruise. One of the most important decisions that you will need to make is which cruiseline that you want to go on. There are a lot of choices that are available. Today we are going to look at your family friendly cruiselines.
- We are going to start with Royal Caribbean. This is a fantastic cruiseline for families because their ships are packed with activities your whole family will love. Have your children been begging to go ice skating? Your family will also have the chance to try out the surf simulator. They have Broadway like productions you can enjoy in the evening. Royal Caribbean is always winning Readers’ Choice Awards. And they are going to go most everywhere a family might be interested in exploring together.
- Ever heard of Carnival Cruise Line? Most everyone has. Carnival has taken more cruisers across the seas than any cruise company. They’re trying to appeal to a wide variety of cruisers. Families, couples, groups, and honeymooners are a few of the segments they are trying to reach. Their ships are huge, and on these ships you are going to be one of several thousands of passengers. You are going to find plenty of cool restaurants you and your family can enjoy together. You will find a lot of activities you can enjoy on these ships as well.
- Disney does cruises too, and from what I hear they never have to use sales to make sure that their ships are full. I do need to say that Disney is more expensive than the above two, but you are not going to find a more family friendly cruise. Characters will greet you as you come on board. There is usually a dance party the first night you are on the ship. And of course, this is just the beginning. You will find food that will please every type of palate. And no one will be lacking when it comes to adventures.
- Norwegian Cruise Line is known for being innovative. Their claim to fame is “Freestyle Cruising”. With them, you do just as you please. You choose when you want to eat and with whom. You decide which shore excursions you want to be part of, if you want to be part of any. Your children can be part of their Splash Academy or not. It is all up to you what you want your vacation to look like.
Cruises are a popular way to take a vacation these days. You can usually find an all-inclusive deal on a cruise. There is often a wide variety of activities you can enjoy on your ship. If you have a specific interest you want to pursue on your vacation, they have a lot of themed cruises you can enjoy. But what happens is when group of your friends wants is to go on a cruise, and some people really want to do the cruise as inexpensively as possible and other people are looking for that luxury.. Well, I have a couple of ideas that you might want to consider.
The first is Norwegian’s “The Haven” experience. With The Haven, you are going to have very spacious accommodations, and will not be bothered by the masses because only the people staying in The Haven and their guests will be was allowed in this area. You will have your own restaurant. If you want to go to restaurants in other parts of the ship, your reservations will be the top priority. You will have the service of a butler and a coincierge. You will also have your own pool.
Now let’s look at MSC’s Yacht Club. Again, you are going to have your own exclusive area to hang out with just the people that you choose. The suites you stay in will be extravagant. You will have top priority in all of the restaurant, as well as top priority in all of the entertainment venues A butler will be at your service day and night. I would love to know your questions about any of this.
I know there a lot of disabilities that are not seen. Not everyone disabled has a wheelchair or something that would make you think they’re disabled if you just look at them.
- What happens when People have food allergies? People have special dietary needs for all kinds of reasons. Norwegian would like to know your specific needs as soon as you make your booking. This would be a good thing for me to keep in mind as well. Norwegian does not guarantee that 100% of your food will be perfectly allergen free.
- So what happens when you need medical care? A doctor and nurse are on each Norwegian ship. Now you will be charged for using these services. But keep your receipts. Your insurance might reimburse you. They do keep some over the counter medicine on board.
- How do you help those that are deaf? First, text telephones are available for those that have trouble hearing. The theaters are equipped to accommodate you. What about the blind? Norwegian will have Braille everywhere you need it.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this or any questions you might have.
Let’s get back to our discussion about how cruises works with the disabled.
- What are the difficulties when getting in and off the ships? Getting on and the ship should be no problem at the big ports, and so getting on and off the cruises should be no problem. The problem comes when you try to go on the excursions. Sometimes the only way to get off is by lots of steps. And there can be further complications when seas are rough. Norwegian has ratings on all their excursions which will tell you how difficult will be.
- Do you charge any addition fees to travelers disabilities? Norwegian’s short answer is no. However, most disabled people are going to want the nicer rooms, which are going to cost more. Let them know what you will need as far as special equipment at the time you make your booking, so that they can be prepared.
- Are service pets allowed? Norwegian allows service dogs. There are several other types of pets that can be used by people with disabilities. The cruiseline allows anything that follow the ADA guidelines. You will be required to gather all the necessary paperwork.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
I’m still not real sure about what is going to happen this next week as far as how much internet time I am going to have and all that. Just to let you know that that.
Okay, let’s get back to our discussion about the disabled going on cruises. Today I think we are going to look at some questions we would want to ask any cruiseline a disabled person is thinking about going on, and then we will look at Norwegian’s answers specifically.
- Do all your ships have staterooms that will accommodate the disabled? will have about forty accessible rooms. Not only will the rooms be more spacious, you will find a lot of nice features in these rooms. They will have raised beds. There will be guard rails in the bathrooms. And these are just some of the features. Just ask about anything you might need. I can always ask your preferred cruiseline.
- Do you accommodate wheelchair and motorized scooters? Yes, Norwegian does. They also have some wheelchairs available for rent. If you are going to need a wheelchair the whole time you are on board bring your own. If need a wheelchair just for shore excursions, renting will be perfectly fine. If you have a motorized wheelchair, you will need to have a gel-cell batteries. And for the younger more disabled guests, all but two ships will have direct elevator access to the kids’ clubs.
- Are all public areas accessible? Norwegian’s answer is, most are. The specialty restaurants should give you no problems. There will be accessible bathrooms throughout the ships. The theaters should all have accessible sections. Disabled adults will be able to have fun in the casinos.
I think we are going to get back to this next week or whenever I’m back online again. I would love to know your thoughts on this.
Cuba is starting to see some mixed results. Airlines are starting to pull back, unsure of what the future might hold for the future of the United States’ relationship with Cuba. But most cruiselines are going full steam ahead. Today let’s look at some of what Norwegian has to offer.
- A lot of the time, you will have to pay for your drinks, especially if you want adult beverages. But that is not the case on these cruises. The major exception to this is top shelf liquors, and this is kind of strange to my, but it looks like you also have to pay for bottled water. That might just be from your inroom fridge
- The ship that now sails to Cuba used to be part of the Hawaiian fleet. You are going to find a lot of the Hawaiian decor there.
- There is a nice splash pool. And while it is listed as a children’s attraction, anyone and everyone plays in this pool. There is also a whirlpool nearby. This sounds like a great place for young families to enjoy together.
The shows are not as spectacular as the ones on their larger ships. But there are a couple of shows that you are sure to enjoy.
I would love to know your thoughts about this. I would also love to help you book a cruise.
Yesterday we focused on Norwegian’s children’s programs. Today let’s look at some things they have for adults.
First, Norwegian that families come in all shapes and sizes, and they have accommodations that should be able to meet your needs. They have accommodations that will comfortably fit eight guests. They also have suites that are near the spa, perfect for if you are mostly looking to be pampered on your cruise. For those who have never cruised , most ships have rooms with beautiful views which usually will cost you more to stay in. and then they have rooms without a view. and these are great if you want an inexpensive room and will mostly use the room to sleep and shower.
Now let’s get to more important things like eating. In their main dining room, u can enjoy four course meals. And cron Norwegian cruises, you eat whenever you feel like it. Some cruises have certain times when certain groups can Eat. That is simply not true for Norwegian. They will also have the buffets which will have all kinds of stations you can choose from. You can also order food to be brought to your room and have a family movie night. Want to try some of their specialty restaurants? Kids even have their own menus which enable them to eat for free even here.
Norwegian has cruises all year long. Summers are probably the busiest times, especially when it comes to families. Winters may be the slowest times.. I woulD love to help you plan a cruise . . Please let me know if I can help you.
It’s Monday, and there are so many things I want to accomplish. I really do believe, and hope, that writing articles and sending them out is going to be a great way for me to get the word out about my business. And, to that end, I’m looking into taking some writing classes online.. There is also always more to learn about the travel industry. And then everything I’m doing is an effort to try to get some bookings. There’s just a lot I want to do.
Today let’s look at some of the things Norwegian Cruise Line has to offer families. Norwegian works great whether your family is just you, your husband and kids, or if you’re looking for a vacation for your parents, all your siblings and their families, and maybe some friends in for good measure.
To start with, Norwegian has something for every age group of youngsters. They call the first group Guppies, and that is for babies six months through three years. Most of their ships have this group set up as Mommy and baby playtime, but one ship in their fleet is starting to charge for babysitting this group. Their Splash Academy is for kids age three to twelve. This is a complementary program. Here they are going to be able to enjoy sports, creative play and more. They can also enjoy parties and other cool things at night. They do charge when you want to leave the kids so that you and your husband can enjoy an evening date.
dance parties and all kinds of fun things. Best of all, they are going to be with their peers, instead of with their parents. I’m not sure who will be happier about that..
And we’re just getting started on. I’m kind of going through Norwegian’s training. So we may be rtalking about Norwegian for at least a couple of days. Please let I know if you are interested in cruising with Norwegian. I would love to help you plan a trip.
I’m debating about doing this tomorrow. I usually try to do some work on Saturdays, unless I have things to do with friends. I’m actually not sure what tomorrow holds for me. So we’ll see what happens.
Anyway, like I’ve said before, October is a month everyone tries to push cruises. I’m getting a lot of e-mails about cruise specials, and that is on everything from the least expensive to the most luxurious. Please let me know if you would be interested in hearing more about these deals. I would be more than happy to share.. And by the way, I was mostly catching up on e-mail yesterday, but today Norwegian’s Epic who has recently gone through some upgrades.
If you are a Beatles’ fan, you are going to love that Norwegian has added a new club called The Cavern that is pretty close to the original. For those that don’t know, The Cavern is where the Beatles first became popular. They are going to add at least one new Broadway style show that will include a lot of oldies.. They’ve added a mini golf course that also has some water park elements in the kids section. Many of the restaurants on this ship have been given a new look.
Please let me know if you have any questions about any of this.
It’s Friday, and I wish I knew what we are going to be doing next week as far as how much time I am going to have online. I’m kind of on a roll here, and don’t really want to take time off.. But it will work out one way or the other.
Travel agents, like most sales people need to know their products. I’m trying to figure out a way to kind of do this systematically since there is so much to learn in this industry.. I am going to start by going through Norwegian’s training program.. So when I saw this about Norwegian, it kind of caught my notice. They are going to start having a “Legends in concert” on their ship The Pearl. For those that don’t know, “Legends in concert” is where people who like look the artists come and perform the artists’ work. This is something that is done on the Strip in Vegas. Norwegian wants to provide the best in entertainment for its guests.
In other news, Norwegian is planning to enter the Chinese market. They are going to have to build a new ship in order to do this. This cruise is going to be designed for the Chinese people themselves. Norwegian has done a lot of research as far as what Chinese travelers expect in upscale cruising. But if you want to immerse yourself in Chinese culture, this might be a great experience for you too.
Let me know if you want to go on something like this.