Maybe you are a young mother. You and your husband have two small children, and you want to know where your peers are going on vacation. Or maybe you have college students in your family that you would like to take on vacation. You are just unsure of where they might like to go. Today we are going to take a look at some destinations you just might like.
- With everyone crazy about Meghan Markle and her marriage to Prince Harry, what young person wouldn’t want to go to London? Most everyone would probably like to visit the palace. You are also going to get a taste of many different cultures here. This city also has a lot of free museums you might want to explore.
- Or maybe you would like to go to Paris. This is another city that will have a lot of fine art. You will want to take selfies at the famous Eifle Tower, if for no other reason than that every other young person does that. You will probably also find some nice vineyards to explore. And don’t forget to enjoy their many cafes.
- And what young person wouldn’t want to go to the Big Apple? Most would love to take in at least one Broadway show. You may also want to greet Lady Liberty. Times Square offers a lot in the way of shopping. And you will want to try real New York pizza.
I have shared some things I like about this time of year. I would love to hear about some of your favorite traditions of the Christmas season.
- Have you ever dreamed of spending the Christmas holidays in the Swiss Alps? Baur Au Lac Hotel was established near a beautiful lake in the 1800’s. They will have one of the tallest Christmas trees in their area. Stay at this hotel and you will get a taste of Swiss holiday favorites. And you will also get taste of some of their music.
- Has the climbing bug got into you? You might want to go to Tanzania. There are places that will serve you roasted turkey and other delicious treats. And you can also do as much climbing as you want.
- Or are you looking for something that is luxurious? If that sounds more like you, you might want to try Hotel Bel-Air which is in Loos Angeles. Pastry chef Tiffany Pascua will be more than happy to give your entire family cooking lessons. You will also be able to enjoy a four course dinner?
- Has Paris always been on your bucket list? Consider going to Le Royal Monceau where you will be able to revel in all kinds of festivities. They will have igloos that will comfortably house six guests where you will enjoy a tasting experience. You will be eating appetizers and drinking wine.
- Have you wondering what an Irish Christmas would be like? You might want to go to The Merrion, which is a hotel in Dublin. There will be afternoon tea which will feature several delicacies. There will be tasting menus on Christmas and New Year’s where you can sample Irish fare. Father Christmas will make an appearance on Christmas Eve, followed by an evening of caroling.
Sometimes you would like nothing better than to get away from everyone you know and love, and just experience a different side of life for a little while. Knowing myself, I’d probably just hole up somewhere and work. My idea of vacations is to spend good time with people I love. But maybe you want to get away by yourself and do some exploring. Let’s look at some places you might want to consider for a solo trip.
- Paris is the first place they mention on this list. Do you dream of seeing the City of Lights, but maybe your significant other has already been or has no interest in going. There are plenty of cafes to visit when you do want some human interaction. Go see the Eifle tower. Enjoy some of their beautiful parks.
- Or is London more your thing? Maybe you want to take a tour of all the royal palaces without worrying if your little one is going to have a melt down. Take in a play at The Globe. Visit Westminster Abbey. Can’t decide between these first two? Doing both of these on one adventure would be quite easy to pull off.
- Thailand is an incredibly hot destination right now. Perhaps part of that is most everyone loves their food. Solo travelers are going to love Bangkok . You can usually find something pretty interesting going on in their streets. You can also visit some of their shrines and some great outdoor markets.
- Do you just love the Sound of Music? Why don’t you go to Vienna where this amazing story took place? There is a lot of interesting architecture here. And if you are a coffee lover, you are going to find more to love about this place.
- If you are looking for some gorgeous weather, you might want to try Sydney, Australia. This is a fantastic place to just unwind. You can chill out on their beautiful beaches, or enjoy some of their water sports.
This week has felt crazy to me. I have lots of things I want and need to do with work. But I’ve had internet problems. Things have been kind of crazy with my aides. Different ones are coming and we never are quite sure when they are going to come. And we also have church stuff going on in the evenings. Kind of just doing what I can when I can.
But anyway.. Let’s talk about France.. France may be a popular place to go on honeymoons and other romantic trips, but it is also a great place to take your family. Paris is such a popular place for tourists to go that they’ve developed this city so that you should experience very little culture shock. Everyone should recognize the Eiffel Tower and enjoy getting to see it up close. Notre Dame is also located there, and children will love to see where the Hunchback spent his life. Some places allow children under eighteen to get in free. And of course, there is good food nearly everywhere go.
I am going to stop here and get to some other things. Please let me know if you are interested in going to Paris. I’d be more than happy to help you out..