Did you know New Year’s is one of the most popular times to get engaged? If you and your significant other have decided that this is the year that you are going to take the plunge and get married, we are going to take a look at some popular honeymoon destinations you might want to consider for your special trip.
- Do you and your future husband just love wildlife? You might want to go to Africa and watch the animals in their natural habitat. Not sure you want to spend your honeymoon camping out? They do have some nice resorts in Kenya.
- Or are you looking for a great spa resort? You may be interested in learning more about healthy eating. You may also want to vineyards to do some wine tastings. You could also want to see the glitz and glamor of Hollywood. If this sounds like your ideal trip, go to California.
- Especially if you live in the Southeastern United States, you might want to consider going to Florida for your honeymoon. You will find plenty to see and do there. Love amusement parks? This state certainly has its share of those. You are also going to love their beautiful beaches.
- Thailand is becoming an extremely popular place to go visit. Maybe part of the reason is that everyone loves their food. But honeymooners in particular will love their beaches. You may also enjoy their wide variety of water sports.
When you think of a cruise, what do you think about? Do you think of a great inexpensive trip where you can get to see more expensive places for less? Do you think of a ship where you are with thousands of other people? Do you think of a place where you can get all you want to eat? Are you dreaming of the endless activities? Or is a cruise your ideal when it comes to a romantic vacation?
Cruises will do special things for couples who are on their honeymoons, or are on other romantic vacations. Today let’s look at some different packages you might want to consider.
- When you think of romance, you are probably thinking of quiet, intimate moments, which you would rather not share with thousands of strangers. That’s why you should consider something like Windstar. I think with Windstar, you’re looking at something like 300 guests. When you marry, or renew your vows, your captain will officiate. You will get a cake and a bottle of sparkling wine. A reception with dinner and dancing can be arranged.
- Cunard’s ships are going to be much larger. Still, I think you can find some very nice suites on board these ships. Their romance package looks very similar to Winstar’s. Your captain will do the honors. You will get flowers and a bottle of champagne and cake. You will also get a photographer and a portrait. You will also get a special certificate.
- Have you always dreamed of getting married on a Disney Cruise ship? You can be married on board or on their private island. Yes, I know that Disney is mostly a family affair, but they do have some great suites, and there is an adults-only pool you will want to take advantage of. You can also enjoy couples’ massages. I do have to warn you that Disney weddings are quite expensive.
I know that some people say that Mexico is not a safe place to travel to. But what the experts are saying is that as long as you stay within the confines of the resort area that you should be perfectly safe. And from what I hear, Mexico makes a perfect place for romance. It has some absolutely beautiful beaches here. Mexico also has some excellent resorts, with some exquisite cuisine. Today let’s look at some places in Mexico that you might want to consider for your next romantic getaway.
- The Riviera Maya would make a fantastic choice. Here you will find beautiful beaches, some that are quite secluded. This is a great place to have a wedding or renew your vows. You can also explore ancient Mayan ruins.
- Cancun has an excellent reputation when it comes to honeymoons. Or would you rather do your actual wedding here? Having a destination wedding is something that is extremely popular to do here, and they have everything you might need to plan your special day. You’ll also find some beautiful beaches and excellent resorts in this area.
- Ever dreamed of exchanging your vows underwater? Cozumel is one of the few places that will allow you to do that. You won’t have trouble finding anywhere you want to go, and most of it is within easy distance. You can spend your days scuba diving, playing golf or tennis, or exploring ruins. And there will be plenty of evening entertainment as well.
- Los Cabos is the perfect place to plan a romantic getaway any time of the year. This is one place where the desert meets the sea. Want to be pampered at every turn? Los Cabos is your place.
- San Migual De Allende has been voted “best city in the world” two years in a row. This is another excellent choice for a destination wedding. Again you’ve find everything you might need right here.
We are going to get back to our discussion about how to plan a romantic getaway. Maybe now that school is back in session, you can talk the grandparents into staying with the children, and you and your husband can get away for a few days. Here are some things you might want to consider when planning a getaway like this.
- Cruises are vacations that could cost you a very little, or could cost you quite a bit. It all depends on what you’re looking for. Now I know I’ve said this before, the more you spend up front, the more you pay up front for the cruise, the less likely they’ll be to nickel and dime you once you’re on board. You’ll want to keep in mind. But cruises are great for those that want nothing to think about once you’re on board. Your room, your food, and sometimes your excursions can be all paid for before you leave on your trip.
- If you don’t want to do a cruise, you will want to figure out where you are going to be staying. Depending on where you want to go, you might have many different options. There are hotel in most any city. Bigger cities are likely to also have resorts, and some of these are going to be pretty all inclusive. There are condos and airbnb. What do you want? Do you want someone to pamper you at every turn? Or do you want more privacy, where you can pamper each other? You’ll want to make your bookings. Or you could have me make your bookings for you. I make money when I book hotels and things like that. I do not charge you anything over and above that.
- I do not think I can make anything on making restaurant reservations, but if I book your trip, I’ll be more than happy to help look up restaurants that might be interesting to you.
- If you are looking to save money, go to the local grocery store, and pick up food you will enjoy cooking and eating together. There is also nothing quite as romantic as taking a picnic together.
With the children heading back to school, I think everyone is starting to dream of cooler weather, gathering with friends around a bonfire or football games, holiday times. But if another thing on your to do list is to plan a romantic getaway for you and your spouse, you might want to pay close attention to this.
- The first thing that you will want to do is to remember the type of things that brought you together in the first place. How did you meet? What kinds of things did you do on your dates that making accepting another date so easy? What are things that you enjoy doing together now? Is there a hobby that you enjoy or want to take up together?
- You will want to discuss how much you want to spend on this trip. This will help you determine whether you want to drive somewhere, or if you want to do a bigger trip and fly somewhere. Flying somewhere usually costs more.
- On less inexpensive trips, you might want to go back to the college you met and fell in love at. Or maybe you’ve wanted to go back to exact spot where you first met. Maybe you want to get back to the place where he first proposed.
- If you are wanting to do something a little nicer, have the two of you created a bucket list of places you’ve always wanted to go together? Or is there a country you’re always discussing and researching together?
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
If you are someone who has always dreamed of going on a cruise for your honeymoon? This is one way that you would be able to exploring a certain part of the world without having to worry about any of the logistics. On a cruise, you are going to have your lodging. [On a honeymoon, I think that you would want to get a suite or something a little nicer than an inside room.] All your meals are going to be provided for you. You will also likely have all the entertainment you are going to want right there on the ship. Today let’s look at some cruises you might want to consider for your honeymoon.
- The first cruise we are going to look at is Paul Gauguin. The cruises that they recommend for honeymooners to go to places like Tahiti and Bora Bora. You are going to find luxury on these cruises. For starters, the ships hold less than four hundred guests, so you will receive a high level of service, and also will have more privacy than on the mass market ships. You will have a special Polynesian celebration of your marriage. You will get one free 8×10 portrait. Other people are also free to give you gifts for more on board credit that you can use for things like couple’s massages and shore excursions. They will also give you a bottle of champagne.
- Windstar also has some amazing cruises for those on their honeymoon. They recommend a Mediterranean voyage for honeymoons. Windstar usually has no more than three hundred and fifty guests. Their honeymoon packages come at an extra cost to you. The Honeymooner Romantic Bon Voyage package includes a bottle of champagne, chocolate strawberries and breakfast in bed. That costs $160. Their Just For Us package includes everything in the previous package AND another bottle of champagne and caviar served in your room. That would cost $350. Their Pure Pampering package includes a dozen roses, a bottle of sparkling wine, afternoon tea and dessert, and massages. This will cost you $400.
We will continue this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
It has kind of been a crazy Monday, which guess you would kind of expect after I’ve been gone for two weeks. I was not planning to take as much time off as I did, but think I needed the break. Today I’ve been going through my e-mail, looking at job possibilities and different things. But anyway…
Your best friend has gotten engaged, and you’ve been asked to be the maid of honor. You know you have showers to plan, but your best friend also wants to do a weekend getaway as her bachelorette party, and she insists that you can do most the planning yourself, she’ll just give her approval to any important decisions.
- My first suggestion is to call me. I can help you figure out all the details. I make money when I book hotels and things like that. I do not charge anything over and above that, and I will be more than happy to help you do all the research that needs to be done.
- First, do you know who all is going on this trip? Do you and your bestie have a group you always pal around with? Try to make sure everyone in the group gets along well. You don’t want things to get awkward for anyone, especially the bride.
- Create a Facebook group so that you can discuss the different aspects of the trip. Be sure to include me if I am going to be booking your trip so that I can keep up with all the discussion.
- Unless someone is rich and wants to give everyone a free weekend, one of the first discussions you will want to have is how much everyone feels like they should spend on this trip. You don’t want to make it so that someone feels like this trip is out of their budget.
- Where should you go? Did everyone go to college together? Have you eaten on vacations together before and have a favorite spot? Or is there somewhere you would like to explore together?
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
Summer is not only a great time to go on vacation, it’s also a great time to go on a great honeymoon. Maybe you’ve spent months or maybe longer than that planning your wedding. Maybe you and your guy have just decided to get married and want to marry and go on your special trip soon. Or maybe you have gotten married but haven’t gone on your honeymoon yet. Whichever is the case, I would love to be the one to help you plan your trip. Please let me know if you are interested. Today let’s look at some of the things you’ll need to think through when planning a vacation like this.
- I know that sometimes a groom wants to surprise his bride with their honeymoon. But this is one trip some people spend most of their lives dreaming about. Please discuss your hopes for this so you can meld your expectations.
- Your honeymoon is a special trip, probably the first big trip you’ve taken as husband and wife. It is usually wise to start planning this trip months in advance so that you will get exactly what you want. This is also the way to get the best price. And please be specific about what you want. Don’t just say you want a beach trip when what you really want is a trip to Cancun.
- Another thing that you will want to be sure to figure out is your honeymoon. You do not want to be fighting about money on your trip. If money is tight, consider asking for help. Maybe you can ask for money instead of gifts.
- Newly married couples tend to hang out together, so the chance are that you have heard about your friends’ trips. And while it may be tempting to copy your friends’ glorious times, make sure that this trip is about you and your new spouse, and the things you like to do together. You don’t want to do something just because everyone else is doing it.
- And it might be best not to book an important trip like this by yourself. Yes, you are going to want to do some of your own research. But sometimes people can paint a beautiful picture online, but the reality isn’t so pretty. Please ask me to help you. I get commission when I book a trip for you. I can ask ask questions, both of you and your hubby, and of the places you’re considering to make sure everything is going to be right. I am going to be asking about your dreams and your budget, as well as a lot of things in between. I would love to help you plan something.
Today we are going to look at favorite honeymoon destination in each of our fifty states. I’m not sure if we’ll get through all fifty. We will see what happens.
- Let’s start with Alabama. If you would like to have your honeymoon here, you might want to try Gorham’s Bluff. At first glance, this is an absolutely beautiful place that looks like it is very peaceful. When it comes to c accommodations, you can choose whether you want to stay in their lodge or in one of their cottages for extra privacy. And this place sounds like an excellent place to eat if you like southern cuisine. Each morning you will be given a made to order breakfast. You will be given a gourmet boxed lunch to take on your adventures, except on Sundays when they will prepare you a nice Sunday dinner in the dining room. And dinner is always a four course affair.
- They say that the best way to experience Alaska is by doing a cruise. And the people writing this article recommend Windstar. Windstar offers an intimate experience, small ships allow you you to have a much higher level of service. Alaska is beautiful country where you will see all kinds of wildlife.
- In California you might want to try the resort Enchantment. This property is set on seventy acres. Whether you decide to stay in a single bedroom or in a suite, you are going to find comfort at every turn. You will have your choice of several very nice restaurants when it comes time to eat. This may be one of the nicest places to stay if you are interested in visiting the Grand Canyon. You can also enjoy playing tennis or golf.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this. We’ll get back to this whenever I can.