Let’s keep looking at some things you might want to do when you are planning your honeymoon.
- This is probably a time you should consider using a travel agent. This is a special trip, hopefully a once in a lifetime trip. You are going to want to make everything as nice as you possibly can. Travel agents know how to get the best deals for you. They will also know how to get the perks. Let a travel agent plan it, and that is one less thing That you will need to worry about.
- I said yesterday that you should talk about what you want to do on this special trip. That doesn’t mean that some surprises along the way wouldn’t be nice. You may wants to plan surprise massages, candlelit dinner, or breakfast in bed. Those type thing can be pretty romantic.
- This is a special trip, and one that most couples want to splurge on. You may want to set up a honeymoon registry. A honeymoon is a to make those special memories.
Your honeymoon may be trip you’ve dreamed of most of your life. This is an important trip, a trip where you and your new husband will be getting to know each other on a whole new level. Today let’s look at some ways to make sure it’s wonderful.
- You are going to want to decide where you want to go on your special trip as a couple. [If you’re a man that’s thinking of surprising your bride, please make sure to discuss her honeymoon dreams before you start your planning. You don’t want to plan something that is totally going to disappoint her, dowhen, do you?]
- What are some things you enjoy doing together as a couple? Does food and its preparation fascinate you? Do you like taking adventures together? Are you trying to do something luxurious? Is there a place that you’ve dreamed of going together? It is probably best if you start planning this trip soon after you agree to get married.
- Booking trips well in advance is One way to save a good bit of money. If you decide to get married, or put off your honeymoon, until early spring or any time in the fall, you are going to save even more.
- You are going to want some down time for sure. Weddings can get pretty stressful, especially if you are the one doing all the planning. The two of you may want to take time just to be together after the flurry of activity. Keep that in mind as you’re doing your planning of things you’ll want to do.
Did you know New Year’s is one of the most popular times to get engaged? If you and your significant other have decided that this is the year that you are going to take the plunge and get married, we are going to take a look at some popular honeymoon destinations you might want to consider for your special trip.
- Do you and your future husband just love wildlife? You might want to go to Africa and watch the animals in their natural habitat. Not sure you want to spend your honeymoon camping out? They do have some nice resorts in Kenya.
- Or are you looking for a great spa resort? You may be interested in learning more about healthy eating. You may also want to vineyards to do some wine tastings. You could also want to see the glitz and glamor of Hollywood. If this sounds like your ideal trip, go to California.
- Especially if you live in the Southeastern United States, you might want to consider going to Florida for your honeymoon. You will find plenty to see and do there. Love amusement parks? This state certainly has its share of those. You are also going to love their beautiful beaches.
- Thailand is becoming an extremely popular place to go visit. Maybe part of the reason is that everyone loves their food. But honeymooners in particular will love their beaches. You may also enjoy their wide variety of water sports.
When you think of a cruise, what do you think about? Do you think of a great inexpensive trip where you can get to see more expensive places for less? Do you think of a ship where you are with thousands of other people? Do you think of a place where you can get all you want to eat? Are you dreaming of the endless activities? Or is a cruise your ideal when it comes to a romantic vacation?
Cruises will do special things for couples who are on their honeymoons, or are on other romantic vacations. Today let’s look at some different packages you might want to consider.
- When you think of romance, you are probably thinking of quiet, intimate moments, which you would rather not share with thousands of strangers. That’s why you should consider something like Windstar. I think with Windstar, you’re looking at something like 300 guests. When you marry, or renew your vows, your captain will officiate. You will get a cake and a bottle of sparkling wine. A reception with dinner and dancing can be arranged.
- Cunard’s ships are going to be much larger. Still, I think you can find some very nice suites on board these ships. Their romance package looks very similar to Winstar’s. Your captain will do the honors. You will get flowers and a bottle of champagne and cake. You will also get a photographer and a portrait. You will also get a special certificate.
- Have you always dreamed of getting married on a Disney Cruise ship? You can be married on board or on their private island. Yes, I know that Disney is mostly a family affair, but they do have some great suites, and there is an adults-only pool you will want to take advantage of. You can also enjoy couples’ massages. I do have to warn you that Disney weddings are quite expensive.
I know that some people say that Mexico is not a safe place to travel to. But what the experts are saying is that as long as you stay within the confines of the resort area that you should be perfectly safe. And from what I hear, Mexico makes a perfect place for romance. It has some absolutely beautiful beaches here. Mexico also has some excellent resorts, with some exquisite cuisine. Today let’s look at some places in Mexico that you might want to consider for your next romantic getaway.
- The Riviera Maya would make a fantastic choice. Here you will find beautiful beaches, some that are quite secluded. This is a great place to have a wedding or renew your vows. You can also explore ancient Mayan ruins.
- Cancun has an excellent reputation when it comes to honeymoons. Or would you rather do your actual wedding here? Having a destination wedding is something that is extremely popular to do here, and they have everything you might need to plan your special day. You’ll also find some beautiful beaches and excellent resorts in this area.
- Ever dreamed of exchanging your vows underwater? Cozumel is one of the few places that will allow you to do that. You won’t have trouble finding anywhere you want to go, and most of it is within easy distance. You can spend your days scuba diving, playing golf or tennis, or exploring ruins. And there will be plenty of evening entertainment as well.
- Los Cabos is the perfect place to plan a romantic getaway any time of the year. This is one place where the desert meets the sea. Want to be pampered at every turn? Los Cabos is your place.
- San Migual De Allende has been voted “best city in the world” two years in a row. This is another excellent choice for a destination wedding. Again you’ve find everything you might need right here.
We are going to get back to our discussion about how to plan a romantic getaway. Maybe now that school is back in session, you can talk the grandparents into staying with the children, and you and your husband can get away for a few days. Here are some things you might want to consider when planning a getaway like this.
- Cruises are vacations that could cost you a very little, or could cost you quite a bit. It all depends on what you’re looking for. Now I know I’ve said this before, the more you spend up front, the more you pay up front for the cruise, the less likely they’ll be to nickel and dime you once you’re on board. You’ll want to keep in mind. But cruises are great for those that want nothing to think about once you’re on board. Your room, your food, and sometimes your excursions can be all paid for before you leave on your trip.
- If you don’t want to do a cruise, you will want to figure out where you are going to be staying. Depending on where you want to go, you might have many different options. There are hotel in most any city. Bigger cities are likely to also have resorts, and some of these are going to be pretty all inclusive. There are condos and airbnb. What do you want? Do you want someone to pamper you at every turn? Or do you want more privacy, where you can pamper each other? You’ll want to make your bookings. Or you could have me make your bookings for you. I make money when I book hotels and things like that. I do not charge you anything over and above that.
- I do not think I can make anything on making restaurant reservations, but if I book your trip, I’ll be more than happy to help look up restaurants that might be interesting to you.
- If you are looking to save money, go to the local grocery store, and pick up food you will enjoy cooking and eating together. There is also nothing quite as romantic as taking a picnic together.
With the children heading back to school, I think everyone is starting to dream of cooler weather, gathering with friends around a bonfire or football games, holiday times. But if another thing on your to do list is to plan a romantic getaway for you and your spouse, you might want to pay close attention to this.
- The first thing that you will want to do is to remember the type of things that brought you together in the first place. How did you meet? What kinds of things did you do on your dates that making accepting another date so easy? What are things that you enjoy doing together now? Is there a hobby that you enjoy or want to take up together?
- You will want to discuss how much you want to spend on this trip. This will help you determine whether you want to drive somewhere, or if you want to do a bigger trip and fly somewhere. Flying somewhere usually costs more.
- On less inexpensive trips, you might want to go back to the college you met and fell in love at. Or maybe you’ve wanted to go back to exact spot where you first met. Maybe you want to get back to the place where he first proposed.
- If you are wanting to do something a little nicer, have the two of you created a bucket list of places you’ve always wanted to go together? Or is there a country you’re always discussing and researching together?
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.
If you are someone who has always dreamed of going on a cruise for your honeymoon? This is one way that you would be able to exploring a certain part of the world without having to worry about any of the logistics. On a cruise, you are going to have your lodging. [On a honeymoon, I think that you would want to get a suite or something a little nicer than an inside room.] All your meals are going to be provided for you. You will also likely have all the entertainment you are going to want right there on the ship. Today let’s look at some cruises you might want to consider for your honeymoon.
- The first cruise we are going to look at is Paul Gauguin. The cruises that they recommend for honeymooners to go to places like Tahiti and Bora Bora. You are going to find luxury on these cruises. For starters, the ships hold less than four hundred guests, so you will receive a high level of service, and also will have more privacy than on the mass market ships. You will have a special Polynesian celebration of your marriage. You will get one free 8×10 portrait. Other people are also free to give you gifts for more on board credit that you can use for things like couple’s massages and shore excursions. They will also give you a bottle of champagne.
- Windstar also has some amazing cruises for those on their honeymoon. They recommend a Mediterranean voyage for honeymoons. Windstar usually has no more than three hundred and fifty guests. Their honeymoon packages come at an extra cost to you. The Honeymooner Romantic Bon Voyage package includes a bottle of champagne, chocolate strawberries and breakfast in bed. That costs $160. Their Just For Us package includes everything in the previous package AND another bottle of champagne and caviar served in your room. That would cost $350. Their Pure Pampering package includes a dozen roses, a bottle of sparkling wine, afternoon tea and dessert, and massages. This will cost you $400.
We will continue this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts.
It has kind of been a crazy Monday, which guess you would kind of expect after I’ve been gone for two weeks. I was not planning to take as much time off as I did, but think I needed the break. Today I’ve been going through my e-mail, looking at job possibilities and different things. But anyway…
Your best friend has gotten engaged, and you’ve been asked to be the maid of honor. You know you have showers to plan, but your best friend also wants to do a weekend getaway as her bachelorette party, and she insists that you can do most the planning yourself, she’ll just give her approval to any important decisions.
- My first suggestion is to call me. I can help you figure out all the details. I make money when I book hotels and things like that. I do not charge anything over and above that, and I will be more than happy to help you do all the research that needs to be done.
- First, do you know who all is going on this trip? Do you and your bestie have a group you always pal around with? Try to make sure everyone in the group gets along well. You don’t want things to get awkward for anyone, especially the bride.
- Create a Facebook group so that you can discuss the different aspects of the trip. Be sure to include me if I am going to be booking your trip so that I can keep up with all the discussion.
- Unless someone is rich and wants to give everyone a free weekend, one of the first discussions you will want to have is how much everyone feels like they should spend on this trip. You don’t want to make it so that someone feels like this trip is out of their budget.
- Where should you go? Did everyone go to college together? Have you eaten on vacations together before and have a favorite spot? Or is there somewhere you would like to explore together?
We are going to get back to this discussion tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.