A lot of young people today don’t seem to like just going to the beach and laying around for seven days, especially if that’s what you do year after year. Most like exploring new places. Let’s look at some more destinations you might want to consider.
- Have you ever been to Rome? Maybe your family loves learning more about history. You can visit some of the coliseums, and maybe even the catacombs. If you are going to this city, you will also want to see the Vatican. You will also love their food.
- Is anyone among your party taken with the stars, as in Hollywood stars? Consider going to Los Angeles. Here is where you can see iconic places like Sunset Boulevard. For those that love the latest fashions, there is a lot of shopping you can do. And who knows, you might get to meet some of the stars themselves.
- Is your family maybe from Ireland? Ancestry travel is big these days. From everything I hear, Ireland is one of the greenest places you’ll ever see. You will also find a lot of great pubs.
- Did you know that there are more bars per capita in Madrid than in any other European city. There will be historic sites to explore. You will also find a lot of art.
- Go to San Francisco if you and your family would like to ride the cable cars, and see their Chinatown. They also have some interesting art you may want to see. And don’t forget to indulge in their seafood.
Rome is a pretty popular destination. Italy is known for having exquisite food and wine. Some of the greatest artists of the Renaissance were Italy, and so there is a lot of art museums you may want to explore. And of course, Rome itself is home to the Catholic Church and. Today let’s start by looking at a few basics.
- First, when do you want to travel to Rome? It is usually best to go either sometime in April or May, or sometime in September or October. The summer months can get extremely hot here. And even if you do want to brave the heatwave, you will want to avoid August because that’s when the people there take their vacations. Airfare is usually at its lowest in September and October, which is another thing you’d want to keep in mind.
- How long should you plan to stay in Rome? That mostly depends on what you want to see while there. If you want to see all the major sites, you’ll want to stay between four days and a week. Doing it in less than that is going leave you feeling pretty rushed. And part of the point of vacationing is to relax.
- Speaking of relaxing, you are going to find plenty of places to sleep. The closer you get to the heart of the city, the the more expensive the hotels usually are. If you are short on time, this might be worth the convenience. Europe has a lot of hostels too.
- And finally, where should you eat? You are not going to go hungry here. There are literally restaurants everywhere you look. And one thing you should be aware of when ordering pizza is that if you are ordering pepperoni, they will think that you want. What we call pepperoni they call salami. x