This is where the royal event will take place
There Yesterday we started talking about a trip Trafalgar is putting together in honor of the royal wedding. To see that post, please go to Celebrate the royal engagement?Today let’s look some more of the details.
- On day four you are going to have some options. You are welcome to continue exploring London on your own. Your travel guide will be more than happy to give you suggestions depending on your interests. Or take a tour of Oxford. Here you will see Shakespeare’s house as well as touring Christ’s Church College.
- Day five will give you a more in depth look at Westminster Abbey. This is England’s most famous church building. A lot of her famous people are also buried here.
- Day six you will get to walk through the market. Here your guide will give you a feel of the day of the English. You will also be learning more about where the food comes from and things like that. In the afternoon you will have your choice of free museums to visit.
- Day seven is yours to enjoy however you like. Do the last minute shopping. Revisit your favorite spots. That evening you will be taking a cruise to tell your fellow travelers good-bye.. And on day eight you return home filled with wonderful memories.
I’ve heard that some entrepreneurs take the whole time between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day off. And to be honest, I can kind of understand that. I will work tomorrow and then be off the rest of this week just as way of reminder.
Okay, I love British drama. I can’t decide whether I like Pride and Prejudice or Downton Abbey more. And I also really like The Crown, but I’ve never been one to keep current on the royal family. However, when I saw this piece in the travel news about the royal engagement, I was intrigued. Yes Prince Harry is engaged to an American named Meghan Markle. In honor of this, Trafalgar is setting up a royal tour of England. Let’s look at that today and probably tomorrow as well.
- You will be flying into London your first day. On this day, you will be getting in and settled. And there will be a tea served where you will be getting to know your fellow travelers as well as your tour guide.
- On the second day you will be free to enjoy a leisurely breakfast. After which you will be touring places like Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace. After that you will be free to decide what you want to do the rest of the day. Shop at the famous stores. Explore more on your own. It’s really up to you.
- Day three you will be exploring Windsor Castle. This is one of the places the queen still comes and works. You will spend the entire day here, but will be free for lunch.
I am going to pick this back up tomorrow. I would love to know your thoughts or any questions you might have.