This is a time look back on the past year, but it’s also a time to look to the future. In that vein, let’s take a look at what the future might look like for hotels.
- People seem to be pretty uncomfortable with the idea of turn down. Generations tend to go back and forth on how much they value their privacy. And these days it looks like most people see this service as kind of weird.
- But as most anyone can imagine, technology is extremely popular. Some hotels are experimenting with showers that remember your preferred water temperature, digital art that can be replaced with your personal pictures, and mirrors that can play yoga videos. We may see these changes as early as 2018. Front desks might be a thing of the past too. Hardly anyone pays for a hotel with cash anymore. Personally I would still like to see a friendly face at the hotel. But some hotels will be trying to figure this out shortly as well.
- Hotels are also taking note of the emphasis on wellness. They are going to be offering a lot of fitness classes.
I would love to know some of your ideas for the future of hotels. Please let me know.
A lot of people will be traveling this Thanksgiving weekend. Some are going to be gathering with family and friends. Others are choosing to celebrate this Thanksgiving at some exotic location.. Today let’s look at some tips that might help you.
- This is true most any time you are traveling, but you will want to be sure to plan ahead. Obviously we’re two days away Turkey Day, so it’s a little late to do anything about this now. But in future years you will want to start looking at airfare or bus tickets in early fall.
- Okay, let’s be honest here, how many clothes do you really need to be hanging out with family? More and more airlines are starting to charge for checked bags, so you will want to take as as possible. And besides, maybe you will find some great deals on Black Friday.
- Be wise when you travel.. People often want to get to their destination the night before Thanksgiving and then not leave until Sunday. How can you work around that? Can you leave earlier Wednesday and maybe come home sometime Sunday? could you take that Monday off as well? Or maybe you will want to leave that Friday. Try to figure out what would work best for your family.
- If you are traveling by road, do not forget your Smartphones. They can help you plan alternative routes when the need arises.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
I’m trying to figure out some business stuff. Things could be going better, so I am going to take a break to work on the things I do each day.
Some people are ready to bring Christmas right on out and start celebrating. Others want to wait until after Thanksgiving to start thinking about Christmas. To the latter group, I apologize… I was given the gift of travel a couple of years back, and to this day it is one of my favorite gifts of all times. But that year my family pooled all the money they were going to give to as gifts to give it all to me… But if you’re saying that you can’t give everyone on your list a trip, here are some other ideas for the travelers in your life.
- Okay, so maybe part of it was because disabled, but I did not like the earphones that came on the airplan. They did not stay in well, and I had trouble hearing. Earphones for the travelers on your list would thrill them.
- Giving someone luggage would be another way to make them smile. Different members of the family can go in together to get a nice set. Luggage can get expensive, but you can still get some great pieces at yard sales and places like that.
- Travelers love to document their adventures. True, most people have some kind of camera on their phone. But some people do not want to take their phones overseas. And I know that cameras can get very expensive, but you’ll likely be able to get a disposable camera for under twenty dollars.
- Know someone that loves to hike? They’re always looking for lightweight gear. You can find this at most camping stores. They’ll also like things like cool flashlights and pocketknives.
Now if you are wanting to give someone a trip for Christmas, please let me ow. I would love to help you plan something. I should also let you know that I have a new e-mail address, and that is, firstname.lastname@example.org
I know I talk a lot about unplugging when you go on vacations. But personally I do not do that much. I will probably take sometime off around Thanksgiving and Christmas, depending on what my family does. I really enjoy what I do. And I feel like since there are times that I can not work, it is good for me to work when I can. Besides the things I consider necessary to “work” each day only take me a couple of hours.
But what do you do when you really want to relax? Let’s take look at some places you might want to go when you truly want to get away from everything.
- First, let’s look at a place where cell phones are not even allowed in public. The place is Tecate, Mexico. This is a place which will have extremely limited internet and cell service wherever you go.
- In Costa Rica, there is this place called El Silencio Lodge and Spa. You are told to silence your phones. There are is no tvs. So will you do? You can learn to cook or paint. You can also go on eco adventures.
- Believe it or not, there is a place in Malibu, California which encourages you to leave your devices and your cares behind. You are going to have beautiful places to hike and explore.
I would love to know any questions you might have about any of this.
Today was the day I made myself do my edits on my articles. I kept putting working on them off until the last, and by then I was tired and ended up reading my novel instead of getting serious about the edits. And of course, I know I’m just putting sending the things out and figuring out other magazines to send things to.. Anyway, I feel like I’ve made some real progress there and am happier with myself. I do want to get to some other things today, so let’s get started.
College towns… I’ve never been into sports at all, but I do live in the South where college football is huge. Today let’s look at some other reasons you might want to visit college towns.
- Colleges are usually going to have an arts department. And I’m not just talking about paintings and things. There will also be drama, music, and even English readings to enjoy.
- And speaking of music, a lot of small bands will get their start in college towns. You’ll have a lot of coffee shops and bars in these places. These make perfect places for small bands to get their starts.
- College students are known for having very little money. Restaurants know this, and so many eateries in these towns are going to have less food.
- College towns are also known for being places where a lot of free thinking people live. And these people tend to enjoy to get into lively discussions. If you do get bored, you can always go to a cafe and join in on the discussions.
I should let you know that I am going to be buy this coming weekend, and so I’m not sure how much I will be posting. We’ll just see how everything works out.
Okay, this is a little embarrassing, but I wasn’t exactly sure what Memorial Day actually celebrates. I knew it had to do with soldiers, but beyond that… To me, Memorial Day is mostly a day to relax, be with family and friends, things like that. When I was a kid, it was the day we hoped to be out of school by.. Anyway, I looked it up, and it is a day to remember those who have died for our country.. Anyway, for those who want to get away for the long weekend, here are some ideas.
- For those who live on the West Coast, you might want to go to Los Angeles. This is your chance to see where the stars live and work. It is usually wisest to stay somewhere besides the actual city, unless you simply can not get enough of the crowds. The Miramount Indian Wells Resort and Spa has a nice package for you. Anyone staying with them for a long weekend will receive a free beverage, a $25 credit on your meal each evening and free fitness classes.
- A lot of people love to vacation in Florida. But let’s get a little more specific. Let’s look at a place called Not Your Average Hotel which is in Key West. Here you will be able to have up to six people in a room, each with his own bed. This hotel will arrange the room in the way that suits you. And there is no additional charge for bringing more guests.
- Wanting to go somewhere more exotic, but don’t have a passport? Why don’t you try Puerto Rico? You will want to stay in the San Juan Marriott. This place feels like one big summer party all year long. You will have access to delicious food historic forts to explore, and some great shopping.
I would love to know your thoughts on any of this is. And of course, I would love to help you book any trips you want. Please let me know.
I must confess, I’m not all that techy. Some people might disagree with that. After all, I do have a very complicated computer I’m on most of my waking hours. I’ve learned how I need to do the things I like to do each day. When everything works, I feel like I do quite well, but when something doesn’t work, I usually have to call for help… But today let’s look at some of the travel technology out there.
- For those of you who love cruises, but miss some of the conveniences of having your phone with you at all times, MSC is working on a new device for you. This device is going to help you get around the ship. It will also help you make your reservations at their restaurants. You will also not need to rely so much on your concierge as you will be able to make your own arrangements. You might ask, why are they doing this? This is a way to improve personalized services without having to hire more people.
- This makes me think of my big trip… Ever get tired of lugging your carry ons everywhere you go in the airport? They’re using a combination of the technology used in those Roomba vacuums and the GPS on your phone. These suitcases will follow you around wherever you go… We had an non technology solution. We always flew with friends, and they helped with our luggage.
- Is your dream to go somewhere out of this world? SpaceX is hoping to start sending people like you and me in 2018. Yes, NASA is going to get top priority if they want to send their astronauts this way. It does appear that they have their first trip completely booked.
If you want to take a trip while your kids are on spring break, now is the time to start planning it. Spring break is not as bad as summer because school districts stagger their spring breaks. In summer, unless your child goes to year-round school, everyone pretty much has the same break.. Today let’s talk about taking a cruise during spring break.
- Booking a cruise early is always a good idea, especially when you know that the time frame is going to be popular. Book early so you can get what you want.
- Know that you are likely going to have to pay a little more for cruises during this time. If you want the least expensive cruises, you would want to go in either February or in either September or October. Some of the most popular cruiselines with families are Carnival, MSC Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Lines, and of course there are also Disney Cruises that are in the family category.
- There will likely be many other families on your cruise. Expect crowds and longer rides. Treat others like you would want to be treated. You might make some good friends on board these ships.
- Especially if you have older children or teens, you might want to consider some other cruiselines, even if they do cost a little more. Some of your options here might be Celebrity Cruises and Holland America.
- Not everyone on board is going to have children of their own. And while a lot of older people like children, and can become like psuedo grandparents, most also like to see well behaved children. Meals and other times when you are around other guests are great times to work on manners.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.
Every industry has their secrets which they don’t go around telling everyone they know. But today we are going to look at some secrets aiairline airline attendants told a recent survey.
On an airplane, one of the dirtiest places may be your own seat belt. Have children wiped their noses on it? Has someone been drooling in their sleep on it? Who has spilled food on it? The wisest thing to do is to put some baby wipes in your purse.
Baby wipes might also be a good idea for your laptray, especially if you want to eat off of it. Again, you can never tell what someone else may have done to that tray. They may have used it for a footrest or set a dirty diaper on it.
No one likes to have a rough landing. But sometimes you have to have that rough landing in a storm, or things could get even more dangerous. Please, when the seat belt light is on, wear your seat belt. That will help you and everyone else.
Booking an early morning flight should allow for a smoother ride because the air is actually smoother in the mornings. Also, most thunderstorms usually happen in the afternoon or evening, so that is another reason to book a morning flights.
I would love to know your thoughts on flying. Please let me know.
A lot of places we Americans typically want to go are going to have some English speakers there to help with anything you may need help with. A lot of the more modern countries are going to have the students taking English as a second language and so a lot of them will want to practice. But what if you want to go somewhere that is really remote? Read on to find out.
- First, figure out which language these people speak and study that. There are all kinds of ways to learn the language, especially with the internet. A lot of the ways that you are going to learn about these languages are going to be more games than anything else. Care enough about your trip to take some time to prepare.
- Another option that you have is to hire a translator. And again, you are going to find a lot of resources on the web that will be able to help you. Many of these translators also work as tour guides, so you will want to keep tht in mind as well.
- You are going to carry your phone with you, right? You are going to be amazed at how many places will internet access. Download a translator app, Google Translate is not only free, it’s also the best.
I would love to know your thoughts about any of this.