We have b and Expedia have decided to join forces and make the whole booking process much simpler. een looking at cruises a lot lately. Let’s do something a little different today.
New Orleans is the latest city to put the nix on airbnb. They join San Francisco and New York City to name a few. Some of their citizens are all for this ban. Airbnb raises property taxes, have negative effects on the city’s historic districts, and tend to push out the working class people. But other people feel like the government should not shut this down. After all, this is a good source of income for some people.
If you are looking for something similar to airbnb, you should consider inns. Sounds nice and old fashioned, doesn’t it? Inns will have limited numbers of rooms which will give you some more privacy. Inns are also going to offer you limited food and drink choices. Basically inns are the older models for for boutique hotels.
And speaking of boutique hotels, Kimpton is putting one of their hotels in Miami. This is going to make their fifth hotel in Florida.
Marriott and Expedia have decided to join forces and make the whole booking process much simpler.
If you are going on your very first cruise and are so excited, you may want to print out some of these posts I’ve been writing for future reference.
- Able bodied people are usually going to find cruise else to be a waste of time. You are unlikely to find the elevator ready and waiting for you. And do you really want to be one of those people waiting for it when you are going to be around people who actually need it?
- really want to go hang by the pool the first day onboard, and then not go again the rest of your time because you’ve gotten sunburned? Please bring your favorite sunscreen and make sure to apply it before you leave your room for the day. And take it with you for when you are at the pool or other outdoor activities.
- You can actually get your teeth whitened on some ship. I would highly discourage you from doing that though. Sometimes having that done on these ships could greatly reduce the pleasure of eating. And who wants to not enjoy eating while you are on a cruise?
- Cruises are a great way to make new friends. Unless you are on your honeymoon or something like that, chat with other people while you are eating, or hanging out by the pool, or waiting in lines. You may be surprised at how much you have in common with some of these people.
- And this might have belonged at the very top of our list, but please bring a good attitude. You should be having the time of your life, eating incredible food and having awesome adventures. And the people serving you are often away from their families for months at a time. Be grateful and try to make life easier for them.
A lot of people get nervous when they are doing something for the first time. And sometimes they do things they know they shouldn’t do. Here are some tips for when you take that first cruise.
- There are papers that you are going to need. Be sure to take those papers. Put everything you will need in one folder, and please put them in your carryon. You do not want to stick them in your luggage somewhere, it could take them a long time to figure out where your papers are.
- I have said it before and will no doubt say it again, but you do not want to drink too much when you are on a cruise. Being drunk on a boat can get quite dangerous Drink any time that , drink soda and juices, especially any time that they are free.
- Be kind to your crew. And yes, that does include give the money tips any time that you can. You might also want to bring along some candy and give it out as well. Candy brings out a smile to most everything everyone.
- I know that you want to get some souvenirs, but you do not want to go crazy with them. Decide on things that you are going to like for years to come. For example, how many Hawaiian shirts are you actually going to wear?
- And make sure you have some room in your luggage for these souvenirs. You don’t want to have to carry them on your lap on your way home.
You’ve not taken a cruise, and wonder if it is something that you would enjoy. Your friends have gone on cruise and think that doing a group cruise be so much fun. Here are some things that most people love about cruising.
- On a lot of cruises, a lot of what you need to have a great vacation is going to be included in your fare, which means you will have almost paid for everything and you can just relax. A cruise is going to include your sleeping accommodations. Most cruises will also include most of your meals, you might have to pay extra for their specialty restaurants, though on some cruises specialty restaurants are also included as well. Most ships are going to have all kinds of things that you can do for free both day and evening.
- Part of a wonder of a cruise is although you are going to be touring several different destination, you will have one room your entire trip. You will not have to keep packing your stuff every time you leave one place to go to the next destination.
- And a cruise ship is a great place to be in between destinations. You will not be stuck on an airplane, wondering what to do with yourself. No, you will be enjoying yourself, eating any time you want, swimming, enjoying everything the ship have to offer.
Let’s take a look at some more tips on the first day on a cruise.
- Everyone and their brother is going to be gall their stuff to their room and settling in. So guess what is going to be in hot demand? The elevator. Trying to use that elevator is going to simply be an exercise in frustration. Use the stairs instead. Not only will this give you less stress, it will also help you work up your appetite for a great meal later on.
- Do you think you may want to indulge in a spa treatment or two on two on cruise? Be sure to get down to the spa on that first day. Those slots tend to fill up quite fast. And you might win a free sample massage or something.
- Go on and get into something comfortable for your cruise, If you didn’t dress in something you like while you were traveling. This is not the old day where you had to dress to the nines for dinner or anything close to that.
- A lot of people are too busy getting everything just the way they want it, or eating as soon as they can. This is one time when the pools should actually be fairly quiet. Take advantage of that.
Like anything, you can get into certain routines when you cruise often enough. Some people have their first day of their cruise down. They know they’ll want to get to the pool, and will want to enjoy that first show at some poi. They have the restaurant they want to eat at all figured out as well. Others want to fight against routine at all changes. Whichever camp you are in, here are somethings you might to keep in mind.
- Do start your relaxation with a tropical drink. More than likely, you’re hot and tired from getting to the ship and waiting in line. Do not assume that the drink is free, go on and ask.
- Take some time to get your bearings. Figure out the things you know you’ll want to do and the places you’ll want to eat. This is going to be a great way to get your execute in.
- Taking the tour first will also help you work up your appetite. You don’t want to go to the buffet f. That is what everyone else wants to do. Take some snacks and eat those in line. Then you’ll be ready for the buffet once everything slows down.
- Do take some pictures. Take one of your family while everyone is excited and happy to be there. Take photos of your cabin before you wreck it. Take photoes of the things you know you’ll want to do during your cruise. You might even be able to send some home to give all your friends #fomo.
“Getting there is half the fun” is a slogan some of cruiselines have used over the years. And while many people now fly to their cruise ports, and that part might or not be stressful once you get on your ship you should have a lot of fun. That is, if you do these things.
- As soon as you know you are going out of the country on a cruise, please start working on getting your passport. And this is true whether or not they say you’ll need one. Cruises can change courses. And when you can never be sure when you are going to get your passport, it is best to be safe rather than sorry.
- You do not want to be late getting to your cruise. That is why it is usually best to get your port a day early. Paying for a hotel is going to be nothing compared to missing that cruise of yours.
- Get global entry. It does take time to go through the whole process. But it will save you so much time in the long run.
Today we are going to take a look at some random travel tips.
- Always take a hat with you when you go on vacation. In the winter, it is going to cost you almost no room to throw in a beanie. In warmer climates, you will thank yourself for remembering to bring a hat that helps keep the sun off your face. Not sure what the weather is going to be? Take both.
- Packing for a trip is always easier when you have just done laundry. Not only will everything be clean, you may get a better idea of what mixes and matches.
- It is a good idea to pack a little first aid kit. Take some band-aids, pain medicine, decongestant, and hydrocortizone cream. You may be surprised at how much you might use these things.
- When you go somewhere that has clean drinking water, take a refillable bottle with you. You are likely to get thirstier when you are are on trips. And it is a good idea to get more water in you and your kids even if someone is not necessarily thirsty. This will help you save a lot of money too.
I think every person has things they like about their job, and things that they wish they could not do. Today let’s get a glimpse into an air stewardess’s life and find out what they think about their work.
- First, do you really need that extra soda or drink right away? There could be hundreds of people on one flight. They will have certain times that they will come around and ask if you want a. But they’re human too, and want to take a break from time to time.
- Put your shoes on before you get up and walk around. You have no idea how dirty those planes can get. Yes, they do clean the airplane before the flight, but it is often not the best cleaning job in the world.
- They care about their job and want to do well. But that does not give you the right to be rude or demanding. They are people , people who can only do so much Be nice to them, and they will be nice to you in return.
- They are not going to be able to read your mind. You are one of about ten thousand people they serve each month. They are not likely to remember your preferences, even when you travel often. Give them grace.
- not They usually don’t know anymore about what will happen when you experience delays. They don’t know whether you are going to be able to make up that time. It is better not to ask them.