Today is one of those days. I was out visiting this morning. And I’ve kind of come home to a bunch of things I want to get done here. Between looking for work and taking a course I’m taking this week. I have done what must be done today, but have a lot of other things I would like to do. But I do want to make sure this does is get done on today.
- Today we are going to start with the Shenandoah Valley. This happens to be where my grandparents always lived, and so I know this to be an absolutely gorgeous place. It is rare that the temperature would get past ninety degrees in the summer.. You will get some snow most winters. There are all kind of quaint little shops to visit, and there is also some great fishing.
- You probably have heard of Napa Valley, but have you heard of Walla Walla, Washington? Like Napa Valley, Walla Walla has some great vineyards. It is also known for being one of the friendliest small towns around. It is also just a beautiful place to visit.
- There is always something to do in Savannah, Georgia, and if you go thirty minutes east from there, you will get to lovely Tybee Island. You will want to go in October when the whole island turns into a pirate’s festival. And be sure to check out their lighthouses.
- Another up and coming city to visit is Asheville, North Carolina. I used to live near this city. there is the Bltmore Estate with their lovely gardens. You are going to find some great breweries. You will also find great shopping and restaurants in this fair city.
I know it is Memorial Day I have plans with friends later on in the day. But things are pretty quiet around here right now, so I figure I might as well get some things done.
The beach. When a lot of people think of summer vacation, they think of heading to the beach. Beach are places people like to go to have fun in the sun. Most people love playing in the water and relaxing in the sand. Today let’s look at some lesser known beaches.
- The first one we are going to look at is on the Big Island in Hawaii. The place is called Waipi’o Valley. This doesn’t sound like the place to swim. Rather it is a beautiful place to take walk, or go four-wheeling.
- If your family likes a wide variety of beach activities, you might want to try Rehobeth Beach in Delaware. This is a popular beach, and like a lot of beach towns you are going to find nice restaurants, good shopping, and parks and museums to explore.
- Looking to mix some history into your vacation? Why don’t you try St. Augustine, Florida? This place does have some beautiful beaches. And as the United States’oldest city, you will also have museums and other historic sites available to you.
- Or are you looking for a quieter beach in Virginia? Try Sandbridge Beach. Here find a lot of nice places to stay. And you can still go to the busier Virginia Beach as little or as often as you’d like.
I would like to know your thoughts about this.
I am going to be contacting another host agency, hopefully today. Travel agents who to work from home usually work for a host agency who works with all the different suppliers, help us when we need it, those type of things. My hope is to get them on the phone this afternoon to ask them some questions. I want to make sure that I can keep my business name and things like that.. Anyway, I need to get started.
I know my oldest niece absolutely loves American Girl. She reads any of the books she can get her hands on. She’s always saving up to get the next doll. She loves their movies… So anyway, you get the idea. This is something a lot of girls, maybe ages seven through fourteen, get into. Hyatt Regency has built a hotel in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia that is very close to the American Girl store.
Your American Girl experience begins when you walk through the doors of the hotel. Your daughters will get a gift from the hotel. Their doll will get their own bed.. You and your daughter can enjoy getting all dolled [excuse the pun] up at the salon to be ready for a nice dinner at the American Girl bistro. You can also go shopping one day. Your accommodations will be deluxe. Let me know if you’re interested in planning something like this. I would love to help you.
I’m having some trouble getting myself into work stuff today. I’ve put a good bit of time in this week, and I’m tired.
But when I saw an article on Virginia Beach I knew this was what I would write about. When I was growing up, my favorite aunt lived in Virginia Beach, VA Beach as we liked to call it. My sister and I got to go up and stay with my aunt and her family without our parents. Those are among my favorite memories growing u. My aunt has always been one to spoil me, cooking my favorite meals, taking me swimming and other fun things.
But we’re not here to discuss my memories, we’re here to discuss travel. I think the most “touristy” thing we did was go to the beach one day while we were visiting. The city has more than two hundred parks. This is historically one of the most beloved beaches in the nation.
Beyond the beaches themselves, there are accommodations to fit every budget. There is an airport and public transportation. You will have some great dining options, especially if you love seafood… Let me know if you are interested in going.